PDA

View Full Version : Hibbies Whyte Bike stolen - seen it?

andyf5
29-10-2017, 11:43 AM
I did a charity bike ride in my Hibs strip in June on my new bike but got it stolen outside the White Lady Corstorphine Thu at 1930. If anyone sees it perhaps they can pm me? The ride was private and not associated with the club but happy to send links to the photos of me in my Hibs strip cycling 1000km through France.

Its a Whyte Stirling with distinctive orange metal. Also a Boardman bike belonging to my friend. If you see it, its a long shot, but you can let me know. Frame number F705S1681 Thanks

WillowbraeHibby
29-10-2017, 11:52 AM
I did a charity bike ride in my Hibs strip in June on my new bike but got it stolen outside the White Lady Corstorphine Thu at 1930. If anyone sees it perhaps they can pm me? The ride was private and not associated with the club but happy to send links to the photos of me in my Hibs strip cycling 1000km through France.

Its a Whyte Stirling with distinctive orange metal. Also a Boardman bike belonging to my friend. If you see it, its a long shot, but you can let me know. Frame number F705S1681 Thanks

Have you put this on SM?... Good to get this out there... And sorry to hear about this mate.

andyf5
29-10-2017, 12:03 PM
Have you put this on SM?... Good to get this out there... And sorry to hear about this mate.

Whats SM? Three guys caught on CCTV but not a priority for police...

WillowbraeHibby
29-10-2017, 12:08 PM

Social Media.. Twitter / Facebook..

andyf5
29-10-2017, 12:10 PM
ah Social Media. Yes on Facebook and Twitter but thought I'd get more reach here. 14 followers on Twitter :-(

BigKev
29-10-2017, 12:19 PM
If you could get the cctv and post on FB it might help catch the lowlifes who stole them. If it's the pubs system that caught them they should help out. Good few Hibbies drink in Winstons.

WillowbraeHibby
29-10-2017, 12:22 PM
ah Social Media. Yes on Facebook and Twitter but thought I'd get more reach here. 14 followers on Twitter :-(

PM me your twitter handle, I will connect and bang it out on my TL.

WillowbraeHibby
29-10-2017, 12:54 PM

Cheers buddy... Keep the fingers crossed...

andyf5
29-10-2017, 01:04 PM

Thanks. Insurance doesnt cover the loss. RTSP. Was hoping Leeann could help me find it and branch out from finding lost dogs 😁

WillowbraeHibby
29-10-2017, 01:10 PM
Thanks. Insurance doesnt cover the loss. RTSP. Was hoping Leeann could help me find it and branch out from finding lost dogs 😁

:aok: ... Keep the faith mate...

hibbymac
29-10-2017, 01:20 PM

Can you not get photos/stills from the CCTV and get them on social media if the police are not "interested"

Mick O'Rourke
29-10-2017, 01:35 PM
Although,sadly, bikes get stolen every day,the Old Bill will not prioritise that.
Unless it was worth about 10 grand and stolen in Ravelston Dykes!

However,for more exposure it may be worth contacting the news desk at the Edinburgh Evening News.
They may do a piece on it,as your bikes were used for Charity fundraising.
Will or have the polis allowed you to see the footage and will they give you a copy?
They would maybe give the "News" a copy?
Always worth a try.

On the pub itself,Winstons and The Harp(Toby)
The area is my day time drinking haunt.
Indeed in all 3 bars a few Hibernian regulars can be found.
Some ST holders too.
However, the ones i know would be busy riding the 26 bus with their concessionary passes than getting on a 2 wheeler.

Awe the best !!

Green_one
29-10-2017, 02:02 PM

Have you tried the 'Stolen Bikes' site. There are a few e.g. https://stolen-bikes.co.uk/locations/scotland/edinburgh/

My reason for suggesting it is I found an expensive bike and was able to return it to the owner within 24 hours through one of these sites. The process worked well. Obviously an outside bet but lots of bikes are dumped.

andyf5
29-10-2017, 03:02 PM
Have you tried the 'Stolen Bikes' site. There are a few e.g. https://stolen-bikes.co.uk/locations/scotland/edinburgh/

My reason for suggesting it is I found an expensive bike and was able to return it to the owner within 24 hours through one of these sites. The process worked well. Obviously an outside bet but lots of bikes are dumped.

yeah did that too.

https://stolen-bikes.co.uk/stolen-bikes/whyte-stirling-4/

I never updated my insurance and had my last bike for 17 years so I wasnt too worried....

Navids Numpties
29-10-2017, 03:09 PM
Although,sadly, bikes get stolen every day,the Old Bill will not prioritise that.

However,for more exposure it may be worth contacting the news desk at the Edinburgh Evening News.
Will or have the polis allowed you to see the footage and will they give you a copy?
Always worth a try.

Some ST holders too.
However, the ones i know would be busy riding the 26 bus with their concessionary passes than getting on a 2 wheeler.

Awe the best !!

Not necessarily, I remember a couple years ago a Lamborghini was stolen from some rich hairdresser in merchiston in a house breaking and the guy ended up going to the papers saying he has been appalled why they've not taken it so seriously and there was major back lash from others saying why should his expensive car that's been stolen be treated any differently to a stolen micro or what not! It ended up being crashed and abandoned on Pennywell Road.

Dibben
29-10-2017, 03:12 PM

PM me as well and i’ll Retweet!!

green day
29-10-2017, 03:18 PM

PM me the details of both, I will put on the Edinburgh Bike Forum and twitter

Also, might sound obvious but keep an eye on Gumtree / Ebay - some thieves are so thick they advertise straight away in the immediate area :greengrin

Radge70
29-10-2017, 03:47 PM
If you could get the cctv and post on FB it might help catch the lowlifes who stole them. If it's the pubs system that caught them they should help out. Good few Hibbies drink in Winstons.

Just received this email from David Lloyd Corstorphine. Big shame the CCTV is available but nothing being done.

"Due to recent incidents of bike thefts in thearea and at our club we would like to warn members and their guests regardingparking your bicycle at the club.
Thieves are using bolt cutters to cut throughlocks, despite having footage of them on camera and CCTV recordings given topolice they have still to be apprehended. It appears to be the same gang whoare targeting the area, if you see anything suspicious in our car park and inparticular anyone trying to climb over fences into the car park please reportthis straight away to our reception team and under no circumstances approachthese people.
David Lloyd Clubs do not accept liability forany property damaged or stolen. We are currently cooperating with the police intrying to resolve this matter".

Mick O'Rourke
29-10-2017, 04:57 PM
[QUOTE=Radge70;5206266]
Just received this email from David Lloyd Corstorphine. Big shame the CCTV is available but nothing being done.

"Due to recent incidents of bike thefts in thearea and at our club we would like to warn members and their guests regardingparking your bicycle at the club.
Thieves are using bolt cutters to cut throughlocks

If the bikes were at the railings on the street at the White Lady entrance.these guys are not shy.
Were the bikes "locked" to the iron fence there next to the traffic lights and adjacent shops?
Thursday evening in June?
The area and the pub would have been busy,as would the pub terrace overlooking the street
If the thieves used cutters,someone must have seen them and ignored it

andyf5
29-10-2017, 07:18 PM
[QUOTE=Radge70;5206266]

If the bikes were at the railings on the street at the White Lady entrance.these guys are not shy.
Were the bikes "locked" to the iron fence there next to the traffic lights and adjacent shops?
The area and the pub would have been busy,as would the pub terrace overlooking the street

yes. exactly the spot. locked to metal fence. they have cctv footage but Im not hopeful. The same gang (?) hit Ladywell Medical centre two weeks ago and CCTV footage there. 3 teenagers.

andyf5
29-10-2017, 07:36 PM

Thieves are using bolt cutters to cut throughlocks, despite having footage of them on camera and CCTV recordings given topolice they have still to be apprehended. It appears to be the same gang whoare targeting the area, if you see anything suspicious in our car park and inparticular anyone trying to climb over fences into the car park please reportthis straight away to our reception team and under no circumstances approachthese people.
David Lloyd Clubs do not accept liability forany property damaged or stolen. We are currently cooperating with the police intrying to resolve this matter".
Just been told Tesco Corstorphine was done yesterday. Got away with a Boardman bike. What are they doing with the bikes?

CMurdoch
29-10-2017, 10:32 PM
Just been told Tesco Corstorphine was done yesterday. Got away with a Boardman bike. What are they doing with the bikes?

Can understand the Police not being interested in a single bike theft but what you are describing is a team of guys committing numerous thefts of high value bikes in the same area of the city. Think the Police need to get a plain clothes team with a honeypot bike to tempt the ****s as they will continue with their spree until caught.

andyf5
30-10-2017, 05:48 PM
[QUOTE=Radge70;5206266]

Hi

I've contacted the evening news and they have requested tge cctv to run online. he's happy to hear from people with info. it's Keiran Murray on 0131 3117531. still havent heard from police.

Andy

Bostonhibby
30-10-2017, 05:51 PM
[QUOTE=Mick O'Rourke;5206302]

Hi

I've contacted the evening news and they have requested tge cctv to run online. he's happy to hear from people with info. it's Keiran Murray on 0131 3117531. still havent heard from police.

AndyHope you get your bike mate.

Plod will still be flat out looking at obscure pictures of exuberant Hibs fans thrashing the rangers players to within an inch of their lives and interviewing all the witnesses who seen it all.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Mick O'Rourke
30-10-2017, 07:01 PM
Nice to read fellow Hibernians Raleigh round in support of your efforts to get back on yer bike.
Hopefully your contact at the "news" is able to do a story on this and pump up the pressure on PC Owen Yerbike,to get the wheels in motion,and put the brake on these guys activities

:rolleyes:

:greengrin

I know...... :offski:

givescotlandfreedom
30-10-2017, 07:27 PM
Have you checked around the former railway path between Roseburn and Leith? It's quite common to see stolen bikes dumped to the side there. Wee dicks do the same with mopeds and motorbikes too.

essexhibee
30-10-2017, 07:32 PM
Keep an eye out on Gumtree/EBay etc also. When I was at uni my mates bike got stolen and he found it being sold on Gumtree in the local area.

A long shot I know but maybe worth a try. Hope you get it back.

Fuzzywuzzy
30-10-2017, 07:34 PM

Always worth a try.

Some ST holders too.

Awe the best !!

Is old kev hegarty still drinking in Winstons? Worked with him a few years back. Good guy with good football story's.

Mick O'Rourke
30-10-2017, 07:58 PM
Have you checked around the former railway path between Roseburn and Leith? It's quite common to see stolen bikes dumped to the side there. Wee dicks do the same with mopeds and motorbikes too.
I know nothing about bikes these days.
Although i used to construct bikes in my youth.
I am though assuming the bikes mentioned are quite expensive.
My thought then is that the bikes are being stolen to be sold on to a dealer.
This disnae sound like a couple of wee guffie opportunists stealing bikes for a laugh,then dumping them.

Mick O'Rourke
30-10-2017, 08:03 PM
Is old kev hegarty still drinking in Winstons? Worked with him a few years back. Good guy with good football story's.
I go to Winstons now and then.
When i do go,its usually mid/late afternoon.
Last pit stop before getting the bus home.
Any night time bevvying is usually the Clerry Inn.
If you are referring to Paul Hegarty's brother ,i cannae be sure if he drinks there now.
Kevin was a year or two above me at school (if is the same Kev)

seanshow
30-10-2017, 08:17 PM
Don't mean to hijack the OP's thread but if anyone in the west lothian area spots this mountain bike give me a shout, https://stolen-bikes.co.uk/stolen-bikes/bianchi-kuma-2/
Some $cum stole my bike from Livingston train station 10 days ago....even worse it was after a return from a Hampden defeat, it's been reported and all that but i'm not expecting to see it again.

andyf5
30-10-2017, 10:34 PM
I know nothing about bikes these days.
Although i used to construct bikes in my youth.
I am though assuming the bikes mentioned are quite expensive.
My thought then is that the bikes are being stolen to be sold on to a dealer.
This disnae sound like a couple of wee guffie opportunists stealing bikes for a laugh,then dumping them.

I think you are right. These guys are targeting ecpensive bikes. Royal High had a bike stolen today. hopefully the Edinburgh News get the cctv to show online. Someone will know them.

andyf5
30-10-2017, 10:37 PM
Don't mean to hijack the OP's thread but if anyone in the west lothian area spots this mountain bike give me a shout, https://stolen-bikes.co.uk/stolen-bikes/bianchi-kuma-2/
Some $cum stole my bike from Livingston train station 10 days ago....even worse it was after a return from a Hampden defeat, it's been reported and all that but i'm not expecting to see it again.

I created an alert on ebay and gumtree for the entire UK for my bike. Long shot but someone may be moving on the bikes. Good luck.

andybev1
31-10-2017, 02:29 AM
I created an alert on ebay and gumtree for the entire UK for my bike. Long shot but someone may be moving on the bikes. Good luck.

Unless they have a flatty.

ian cruise
31-10-2017, 07:55 AM
One of the common techniques used by the thieves to ascertain if the bike is safe to handle is to lock it up outside for a couple of days/weeks to see if anyone comes looking for it.

Check local area, parks, bus and train station. Also there are lots of bike groups on Facebook (I can pm you details if you like) to share it on as the cycling community in Scotland is pretty good at looking out for these, a few have been getting recovered.

green day
31-10-2017, 09:23 AM
I think you are right. These guys are targeting ecpensive bikes. Royal High had a bike stolen today. hopefully the Edinburgh News get the cctv to show online. Someone will know them.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/warning-over-bike-theft-crimewave-in-corstorphine-1-4600746/amp

Heres your EEN article

andyf5
31-10-2017, 12:42 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/warning-over-bike-theft-crimewave-in-corstorphine-1-4600746/amp

Heres your EEN article

So it turns out as they are teenagers, the police can't prosecute and they allegedly have many notes against them. I dont think I'm going to see my bike again.