PDA

View Full Version : Blackburn after Hanlon

BigKev
29-10-2017, 10:53 AM
Report in the sun claims Mowbray looking at PH.

He's far better than England's League 1 on current form.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1766696/paul-hanlon-blackburn-hibs-tony-mowbray/

Bostonhibby
29-10-2017, 10:54 AM
Probably get a decent wage but a car crash of a club.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Diclonius
29-10-2017, 10:56 AM
How many years does he have left?

Sir David Gray
29-10-2017, 10:57 AM
If Paul Hanlon ever leaves Hibs, he should not be moving to England's League One.

He is good enough for the Championship at the very least.

Billy Whizz
29-10-2017, 10:58 AM
Can’t see it with his testimonial due next year

darwenhibby
29-10-2017, 10:59 AM
Probably get a decent wage but a car crash of a club.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
Bang on
They are a basket case of a club
Stokesy should have a word with him

Keith_M
29-10-2017, 11:36 AM
How many years does he have left?

He's only 27, so he's still got some time to go....

:wink:

keep the faith
29-10-2017, 11:39 AM
I am well aware that Derek mcinnes is a big fan of PH. I would bet that sevco will be in for him if mcinnes goes there.

Heisenberg
29-10-2017, 11:49 AM
Can’t see PH leaving tbh. He had the chance previously and stuck around. He’s still got another 2 years left on his contract I think?

Sammy7nil
29-10-2017, 11:51 AM
I would not grudge Hanlon a move if he could double or treble his salary.

Borderhibbie76
29-10-2017, 11:54 AM
Can’t see PH leaving tbh. He had the chance previously and stuck around. He’s still got another 2 years left on his contract I think?I agree he's a one man club...could have left when we were down for 3 years and chose to stay...he won't leave imo

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sprouleflyer
29-10-2017, 11:54 AM
He's only 27, so he's still got some time to go....

:wink:

Jeez only 27, he’s been around for years.

Also, Dylan McGeouch is only 24.

kaimendhibs
29-10-2017, 12:00 PM
Now reporting Villa are after McGinn. Anyone would think someone is desperate to unsettle our players

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SunshineOnLeith
29-10-2017, 12:11 PM
Do these reports appear in the English edition of the paper, and are they written by their local reporter there?

If it's from any of the Scottish lot, it's made up nonsense.

Borderhibbie76
29-10-2017, 12:16 PM
Now reporting Villa are after McGinn. Anyone would think someone is desperate to unsettle our players

Sent from my SM-G935F using TapatalkI know you'd never think we were on a decent run of form would you?? Usual weedgie media nonsense

MagicSwirlingShip
29-10-2017, 12:21 PM
SJM was talking up Hanlon for the Scotland squad in his post match Hibs TV interview.

Scotland could do (and have done) a lot worse.

bingo70
29-10-2017, 12:26 PM

Why would the media need or want to unsettle our players?

Libby Hibby
29-10-2017, 12:34 PM
Why would the media need or want to unsettle our players?

Due to the Scottish media fear that Hibs will finish above their beloved Hun. They won’t be able to unsettle our manager so they will report on our players.

Not sure if your question was rhetorical.

iwasthere1972
29-10-2017, 12:34 PM
Anybody after Lafferty?

bingo70
29-10-2017, 12:37 PM
Due to the Scottish media fear that Hibs will finish above their beloved Hun. They won’t be able to unsettle our manager so they will report on our players.

Concerns me that people actually think that could be true.

Tin foil hat stuff.

kaimendhibs
29-10-2017, 12:40 PM
Why would the media need or want to unsettle our players?Genuine question? Mibbe a wee fear that sevco dont manage a uefa cup berth.

hibee92
29-10-2017, 12:40 PM

Hmm

Beefster
29-10-2017, 12:41 PM

Behave.

kaimendhibs
29-10-2017, 12:42 PM
And chick dung and keith jackshun defo saw all 11 rangers players assaulted. How dare we think the Scottish media might make stuff up🤣🤣🤣

scoopyboy
29-10-2017, 12:48 PM
Although we could do without it, it is probably a sign of the times.

I would be more concerned if our players were gash and nobody was interested.

jgl07
29-10-2017, 12:59 PM
Anybody after Lafferty?

Probably the police?

Bishop Hibee
29-10-2017, 01:08 PM
He’s playing the best football of his career at present. No surprise other clubs are looking at him. Hibs should do everything they can to make sure he stays.

WeveGotMcginn
29-10-2017, 01:18 PM
Really hope he stays, speaks volumes that we’ve not missed big Daz too much with how well efe and hanlon have been playing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northernhibee
29-10-2017, 01:40 PM
Really hope he stays, speaks volumes that we’ve not missed big Daz too much with how well efe and hanlon have been playing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With every respect and all love to the man, I'd consider Daz to be third choice this season.

Michael
29-10-2017, 01:49 PM
With every respect and all love to the man, I'd consider Daz to be third choice this season.

What a time to be a Hibee. Hopefully we don't lose anyone in January - this is a great squad we have.

Wembley67
29-10-2017, 02:03 PM
With a kid due and him nicely settled in a new house I reckon it's pretty unlikely that he will move clubs.

IGRIGI
29-10-2017, 02:05 PM
Would be a shocking move career wise, that club is a total mess.

.Sean.
29-10-2017, 02:27 PM
Not a chance. If we're two at the back and everyone is fit it's Hanlon and McGregor every time IMO

J-C
29-10-2017, 02:36 PM
SJM was talking up Hanlon for the Scotland squad in his post match Hibs TV interview.

Scotland could do (and have done) a lot worse.

Paul was an U21 Scotland captain but has been at Hibs through a turgid time at the club where his talent stalled for a bit, he's now showing the talent that was evident and a full squad call up would be totally justified.

Re McGinn and Villa, well he is hot property right now and it may be a struggle to keep him if 2-3 clubs down south start bidding for him, I think we all agree we expect him to leave at some point, we just hope it's the end of the season.

J-C
29-10-2017, 02:41 PM
Not a chance. If we're two at the back and everyone is fit it's Hanlon and McGregor every time IMO

I still think Efe might go in January, we were able to sign his because he needed more time here to gain his residency passport, which is what stopped his move south when at Celtic, he gains that in January, so there may be a gentlemen's agreement that if an offer came in we'd let him go, he did drop a fair bit of wages to sign for us, just a hunch.

Peevemor
29-10-2017, 02:46 PM
I still think Efe might go in January, we were able to sign his because he needed more time here to gain his residency passport, which is what stopped his move south when at Celtic, he gains that in January, so there may be a gentlemen's agreement that if an offer came in we'd let him go, he did drop a fair bit of wages to sign for us, just a hunch.Going by his press conference at the end of last week, he won't move for the sake of money. He has to feel right about the club he's at and he's currently raving about all things Hibs.

3pm
29-10-2017, 02:46 PM
I wondered whether Celtic might fancy Hanlon. Looks like a Rodgers type of player.

superfurryhibby
29-10-2017, 02:48 PM

It's a nice dilemma for us. Efe is the better footballer, Darren offers solidity and commitment.

As for Hanlon, it wouldn't surprise me if we got offers for him. He's a very good player. I do think he can do better than League 1 though and he's a smart lad, if he did want to leave Hibs it'll not be for Blackburn.

Forza Fred
29-10-2017, 03:31 PM
I think we have to be realistic and accept that SJM will very likely go in January.

Heisenberg
29-10-2017, 04:35 PM

Not for me. Efe has been very good recently and would deserve to keep his place in the squad alongside Hanlon.

Lancs Harp
29-10-2017, 04:39 PM
Its a great dilema. I think Ive changed my opinion about three or four times already this season about best centre back pairing. I think when Daz is fit hes going to have to wait his time, there is no reason, other than altering the formation, to change the current pairing that is currently functioning very well. We have great competition for places across the back.

MyJo
29-10-2017, 04:44 PM
I think we have to be realistic and accept that SJM will very likely go in January.

:agree: i will be extremely surprised if McGinn is with us until the end of the season....delighted, but surprised.

I think £3m with a sell-on clause will be enough for us to let him go

WoreTheGreen
29-10-2017, 04:46 PM
Anybody after Lafferty?

William hill ,marathon bet , bet 365 etc etc etc

B.H.F.C
29-10-2017, 04:51 PM

I'd have said that a few weeks ago.

But the defence have settled now and Efe is playing well. When McGregor is back the only way I can see him getting back in is if we go to a three. Lennon won't drop Efe IMO.

MagicSwirlingShip
29-10-2017, 04:53 PM

I think that will depend on how we are shaping up at the end of January towards the end of the window.

He might fancy another craic at the Scottish Cup & sending us on another European adventure

Lancs Harp
29-10-2017, 04:53 PM
Would SJM flourish better remaining at Hibs, going to Celtic or moving South say to the likes of Forest or Villa who have had reported interest? Personally I think from his own point of view it would probably be a move to Celtic, I'd like to say stay at Hibs but from Johns point of view I think thats just me wishful thinking. A couple of seasons at Celtic and he would still have plenty of time to try his look down south and IMO be better equipped to be a success.

Borderhibbie76
29-10-2017, 05:14 PM
Going by his press conference at the end of last week, he won't move for the sake of money. He has to feel right about the club he's at and he's currently raving about all things Hibs.Was just gonna post this...he seems very happy at Hibs atm

Tornadoes70
29-10-2017, 05:26 PM
Concerns me that people actually think that could be true.

Tin foil hat stuff.

It's amazing some folk still think like this. No offence but just waken up.

GGTTH

Sammy7nil
29-10-2017, 07:39 PM
Would SJM flourish better remaining at Hibs, going to Celtic or moving South say to the likes of Forest or Villa who have had reported interest? Personally I think from his own point of view it would probably be a move to Celtic, I'd like to say stay at Hibs but from Johns point of view I think thats just me wishful thinking. A couple of seasons at Celtic and he would still have plenty of time to try his look down south and IMO be better equipped to be a success.

He would not get a game every week at Celtic

Lago
29-10-2017, 08:01 PM
Get use to it folks, as Lennon improves the team & performance so the rumours will increase & the players move on. Over the years I've seen many go, Stein, Gordon & Bobby Smith, Blackley, Brownlie, Bremner, Stanton, the twins, Murray etc etc so what will be will be, I've learned to enjoy the players when they are at ER & wish them well.

Lancs Harp
29-10-2017, 08:17 PM
He would not get a game every week at Celtic

Not sure Sammy, Browns coming to the end of his career now and I do actually believe he could be a regular in their team, hes improving and will improve more. I think, given half a season or so and i think he could well be a regular in their team.

euro Hibby
29-10-2017, 08:43 PM
Seems we have a real penchant here to off load players mid- season if we read somewhere another club is interested in our players. Like any player especially at Hibs, if the price is right for the club they will go.
So the next window, we can say goodbye to Mcginn, Hanlon and Efe. ? Way to early to start worrying. A loss at Killie on Tuesday would change the tone I am sure. Best situation is a settled team until next season
with Hibs getting the market price for the players. That needs a little help from agents and player. All 3 named could easily handle the Championship with mcginn maybe the most likey to have a shot at the Premier if
he keeps developing but that might mean Championship first then premier. Season is looking OK , let's not worry to much about when and how much. LD and NL are well equipped to think that out.

Lancs Harp
29-10-2017, 08:45 PM
Seems we have a real penchant here to off load players mid- season if we read somewhere another club is interested in our players. Like any player especially at Hibs, if the price is right for the club they will go.
So the next window, we can say goodbye to Mcginn, Hanlon and Efe. ? Way to early to start worrying. A loss at Killie on Tuesday would change the tone I am sure. Best situation is a settled team until next season
with Hibs getting the market price for the players. That needs a little help from agents and player. All 3 named could easily handle the Championship with mcginn maybe the most likey to have a shot at the Premier if
he keeps developing but that might mean Championship first then premier. Season is looking OK , let's not worry to much about when and how much. LD and NL are well equipped to think that out.

Next window? Personally I'd be very disappointed if anyone left in January.

GreenNWhiteArmy
29-10-2017, 08:53 PM
Scotland squad to be announced tomorrow for the friendly vs Holland.

Hopeful Paul will be in that squad. Deserves at least international recognition

DarlingtonHibee
29-10-2017, 09:16 PM
I agree he deserves a call up, but be surprised, usual suspects I think.

greenlex
29-10-2017, 09:17 PM

Papers saying Jack and Christie but no mention of Hanlon.

Firestarter
29-10-2017, 09:20 PM

If Malky Mackay who I maintain is a fantastic manager, wants the job then he will pick fresh blood, I don't agree Paul is international class but I would love it to be proven wrong and him get a call up.

Sir David Gray
29-10-2017, 09:23 PM

Hanlon and McGeouch should be in the squad, along with McGinn.

I don't expect Hanlon or McGeouch to be called up.

GreenNWhiteArmy
29-10-2017, 09:26 PM
If Malky Mackay who I maintain is a fantastic manager, wants the job then he will pick fresh blood, I don't agree Paul is international class but I would love it to be proven wrong and him get a call up.

I tend to agree but for me it's a case of try it and see. We've tried numerous players over the last few years (Hanley, Martin, Berra, Mulgrew and Greer) with no lasting success. I'm not saying PH is better but is he any worse?

I'd also have Soutar in as well. Build a squad now and get that club level feeling

GreenNWhiteArmy
29-10-2017, 09:27 PM
Hanlon and McGeouch should be in the squad, along with McGinn.

I don't expect Hanlon or McGeouch to be called up.

100% agreed.

Unfortunately, you're probably right SDG

euro Hibby
29-10-2017, 09:32 PM
will be the most interesting squad to see for a long time.... hopefully a chance for some fresh faces. On current form Mcgeough should walk in to it , at least so they can get a closer look at him. Hanlon also deserves a shout . Over to you Malky !

J-C
29-10-2017, 09:33 PM
Going by his press conference at the end of last week, he won't move for the sake of money. He has to feel right about the club he's at and he's currently raving about all things Hibs.

Was just gonna post this...he seems very happy at Hibs atm

It was just a feeling I got when he signed, his wage at Celtic would be a hell of a lot more than what he's on here, yes he might be enjoying himself at Hibs but he only needs to stay in Scotland till January to get his residency visa and maybe the contract here was tempting enough so he can get his visa. I hope he stays longer as he's been playing well recently but like a lot of our better players the chances increase that offers will come in for them.

majorhibs
29-10-2017, 09:48 PM

Personally, I can never, ever get my head round ANY alleged Hibs fan talking about our best players leaving for other clubs! Total insane behaviour for me. Let’s just enjoy them here, hope for whatever reason they fancy a little bit longer at Hibs, & for Fs sake, don’t effin talk them out OUR club. Just halfwit behaviour for me!

inglisavhibs
29-10-2017, 09:51 PM
Hopefully we target young Greg Docherty of Hamilton as a replacement. Very talented young midfield player,

Firestarter
29-10-2017, 09:57 PM
I tend to agree but for me it's a case of try it and see. We've tried numerous players over the last few years (Hanley, Martin, Berra, Mulgrew and Greer) with no lasting success. I'm not saying PH is better but is he any worse?

I'd also have Soutar in as well. Build a squad now and get that club level feeling

I'm with you mate but Souttar can bolt, he's a very pish Paul Hanlon.

Firestarter
29-10-2017, 10:39 PM
There's no hanlon in the squad.

Jones28
29-10-2017, 10:44 PM

Got to disagree, the way those two have played the last couple of weeks there's no chance McGregor will come back in unless their form drops dramatically.

Sir David Gray
29-10-2017, 10:52 PM
Got to disagree, the way those two have played the last couple of weeks there's no chance McGregor will come back in unless their form drops dramatically.

Efe Ambrose won't be dropped if he keeps playing like he did yesterday, he was outstanding.

I love Darren McGregor but I don't think even he would expect to replace Ambrose at the moment, with the way he's played recently.

1875Sean
29-10-2017, 11:02 PM
There's no hanlon in the squad.

Joke that Ryan Jack is

NAE NOOKIE
30-10-2017, 01:21 AM
Not so sure that Hanlon would see a move to Blackburn as a massive step up, though no doubt the money would be better ... there's also no doubt he would easily cope with the EFL 2nd tier.

John McGinn is an entirely different matter, he is 23 now and entering the height of his career as a midfield player. The prospect of Nottingham Forest might not exactly have floated his boat enough for him to be disgruntled at Hibs telling them to bolt, but Aston Villa are quite a different prospect. They are a huge club who have underperformed for the last few decades .. but at the moment they are only 7 points from the top of the championship and without doubt have everything they need to be a fixture in the bottom half of the EPL with the right investment, that would have to make any approach very tempting for him.

He also has to look at his bank balance. He has served Hibs well, but what would he earn at Aston Villa? ... somewhere between 10 and 15 thousand quid a week I would imagine. SJM might not go in January, but its highly unlikely IMO that we will hold onto him after the summer, our biggest hope has to be that Villa ( if their rumoured interest is true ) are joined by at least two other clubs sparking a bidding war .. were that to happen 4 million quid might be far from fanciful.

Johnny_Leith
30-10-2017, 01:40 AM
Personally, I can never, ever get my head round ANY alleged Hibs fan talking about our best players leaving for other clubs! Total insane behaviour for me. Let’s just enjoy them here, hope for whatever reason they fancy a little bit longer at Hibs, & for Fs sake, don’t effin talk them out OUR club. Just halfwit behaviour for me!

If we can get SJM on a new contract with a sizeable release cause I'd be delighted. If not then he goes for a smaller sum but with my best wishes for obvious reasons.

No point deluding yourself thinking he's going to stay at Hibs on a whim when honestly the best thing for his career will be to move to a club that can offer him a higher level of football, income and exposure. He will by the end of the season be onto a new club I'd imagine, with us getting ourselves a good fee and being able to hark on about him being a hibee when he's playing EPL regularly worth £10m-£20m.

Nobody wants McGinn or our other talented players to move on, but it's how it goes in life. People move onto bigger jobs/companies etc all the time.

147lothian
30-10-2017, 11:21 AM
Efe Ambrose won't be dropped if he keeps playing like he did yesterday, he was outstanding.

I love Darren McGregor but I don't think even he would expect to replace Ambrose at the moment, with the way he's played recently.

I tend to agree with this part, for me he's been really superb this season, kept it simple and done a lot of the unseen work that's made the defense solid I would love to see a contract extension for Efe

CallumLaidlaw
30-10-2017, 11:35 AM
I tend to agree with this part, for me he's been really superb this season, kept it simple and done a lot of the unseen work that's made the defense solid I would love to see a contract extension for Efe

Thought he started the season a wee bit shaky, but the last 3/4 games he's been superb and him or Hanlon won't be shifted by anyone in their current form.

JimBHibees
30-10-2017, 11:36 AM
Thought he started the season a wee bit shaky, but the last 3/4 games he's been superb and him or Hanlon won't be shifted by anyone in their current form.

Agree both have been excellent recently, long may it continue.