PDA

View Full Version : Our next four games...

H18 SFR
29-10-2017, 08:01 AM
Hoping for 12/12 but would take 10 points. Kilmarnock will be tricky but I'm confident we will grind it out again.

Souter96Mac
29-10-2017, 08:36 AM
Great opportunity to keep the momentum going, especially with a difficult December. The rate we're going at, 60+ points is very achievable, and in the last couple of seasons that would get you top 4. Need to keep the head as it'll be a long old season but encouraging start id say

Lancs Harp
29-10-2017, 08:40 AM
In all honesty a top four finish should be a serious target. I dont think thats getting above ourselves, we are better than St Johnstone, Motherwell and Hearts, who else is going to finish in the top four?

S4uzee
29-10-2017, 08:47 AM
Hoping for 12/12 but would take 10 points. Kilmarnock will be tricky but I'm confident we will grind it out again.

Did we not used to do this in the championship and end up with a lot less points than anticipated. One game at a time

Hibbyradge
29-10-2017, 08:55 AM
Did we not used to do this in the championship and end up with a lot less points than anticipated. One game at a time

Exactly right.

I'm sure Lennon will be looking ahead, but he'll be keeping the squad focused on the next game only.

If we get too far ahead of ourselves, we'll trip up.

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-10-2017, 09:08 AM
Would settle for consistent home form and considering anything picked up on the road as a bonus. The Kilmarnock game will be a tough one. They have managed to get points away from home against the top two sides.

Billy Whizz
29-10-2017, 09:11 AM
One game at a time please😄

southern hibby
29-10-2017, 09:21 AM
Three points Tuesday will do me. Then I'll bother about Saturday's game.

GGTTH

hibbysam
29-10-2017, 09:24 AM
Great opportunity to keep the momentum going, especially with a difficult December. The rate we're going at, 60+ points is very achievable, and in the last couple of seasons that would get you top 4. Need to keep the head as it'll be a long old season but encouraging start id say

Every team that will be looking to get in top 6 have a tough November/December. That’s why these 5 games coming up are of utmost importance to give us a solid footing going into the four tough games in December. 12 points + from those games will see us right in the mix for the top 4 going into Decembers’ games.

Hibbyradge
29-10-2017, 09:26 AM
Would settle for consistent home form and considering anything picked up on the road as a bonus. The Kilmarnock game will be a tough one. They have managed to get points away from home against the top two sides.

On top of that, it's an artificial pitch.

It won't be easy.

Prof. Shaggy
29-10-2017, 09:28 AM

This season Kilmarnock's home form has been abysmal so far.

Lancs Harp
29-10-2017, 09:28 AM
Kilmarnock have turned things around in October, I'd expect a tough game, they have played 3 away matches, winning at Partick and drawing at Ibrox and Parkhead. Very decent run of results. We'll smash 'em though :wink:

Sir David Gray
29-10-2017, 10:33 AM
The Kilmarnock game won't be quite as easy as it would have been a month ago but I'm confident that we can win it.

If we're going to get into the top 4, winning these matches is a must.

Sammy7nil
29-10-2017, 10:37 AM
This season Kilmarnock's home form has been abysmal so far.

I think backs to the wall performances are quite easy to execute, however when they have to try and win it is a different matter.
Hibs win two nil.:greengrin

Mr White
29-10-2017, 10:41 AM
I think this'll be the first time Hibs have played at rugby park since they installed their artificial pitch? That could be a factor. I think we'll grind out another 3 points though.

Billy Whizz
29-10-2017, 10:43 AM
I think this'll be the first time Hibs have played at rugby park since they installed their artificial pitch? That could be a factor. I think we'll grind out another 3 points though.

A win on Tuesday puts us 3rd, what an incentive

Sir David Gray
29-10-2017, 10:51 AM

It is. It got installed at the end of the season where we got relegated.

Bostonhibby
29-10-2017, 10:53 AM
We've got the potential in the squad to take all 12 points but I seem to have been saying this about us for decades so I'll remain in the one game at a time camp, but optimistically.☺

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

bingo70
29-10-2017, 10:54 AM
The Kilmarnock game won't be quite as easy as it would have been a month ago but I'm confident that we can win it.

If we're going to get into the top 4, winning these matches is a must.

Winning these matches isn’t a must at all and doing so is unrealistic.

Most teams in this league are of a generally equivalent standard, we’ve won our last two games, winning 6 in a row very rarely happens. If we can get two wins and a couple of draws out of our next 4 games it’s been a great run of form and will have us well in the hunt for a top four place.

Keith_M
29-10-2017, 11:34 AM

:agree:

We got the better of Motherwell yesterday by playing them at their own game, and by virtue of having a superior midfield (SMG and McGeouch were tremendous).

We adjusted well to what was required on the day and that's what we need to keep doing.

Baker9
29-10-2017, 12:01 PM
We've got the potential in the squad to take all 12 points but I seem to have been saying this about us for decades so I'll remain in the one game at a time camp, but optimistically.☺

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

My sentiments exactly. If we take all 12 points we will know for certain that we have become a real force again. Hamilton beat us, we drew with Dundee, now show us it is different.

flash
30-10-2017, 08:25 AM
All four teams we play also have the potential to beat us. W are back in the top division thankfully and there won't be many comfortable wins.......except the puddle drinkers.