PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Madden.

kaimendhibs
28-10-2017, 06:18 PM
What a clown this guy is. Must be gutted to finish on the losing side today[emoji34][emoji34]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

H113EE5
28-10-2017, 06:21 PM
Thought he was cr@p for both teams. No idea how there was only one booking

kaimendhibs
28-10-2017, 06:22 PM
Thought he was cr@p for both teams. No idea how there was only one bookingHe was 100 per cent crapper for us tho

greenlex
28-10-2017, 06:24 PM
Thought he was fine. Nothing really contentious as far as I could see. Unless I missed something. A pen shout for a push second half might have been given. That was about it.

B.H.F.C
28-10-2017, 06:24 PM
Think he is normally one of the better refs. But he let them kick McGinn at will today.

theonlywayisup
28-10-2017, 06:35 PM
It seems we have the weekly "the ref was rubbish / biased / cheating" thread.

Having been a ref at a few school football matches, I would say it's up there with the hardest thing I've done in my life. You have a split second to make a decision and for the 50/50 challenges it's difficult. My issue has always been that when we play the Old Firm, a ref had to be 75/25 certain in favour of the non-Old Firm team to give a decision their way. The big crowd shouting abuse doesn't help.

Ringothedog
28-10-2017, 06:37 PM
Thought he was fine. Nothing really contentious as far as I could see. Unless I missed something. A pen shout for a push second half might have been given. That was about it.

Some of the tackles he allowed were shocking, they continually kicked our players upside down and got away with it . The guy is a clown and a crap referee

Sir David Gray
28-10-2017, 06:42 PM
The treatment given out to McGinn today was ridiculous and he should have been protected a lot more than he was.

greenlex
28-10-2017, 06:42 PM
Some of the tackles he allowed were shocking, they continually kicked our players upside down and got away with it . The guy is a clown and a crap referee Not what I saw. When there was a foul we generally got it. Obviously there were ones that were debateable but nothing too sinister.

Iggy Pope
28-10-2017, 06:43 PM
Don't forget Midden has three assistants helping him.

Boyle cleaned out on the edge of the box second half.
Young Oli nods past the boy far left only to be shoved in to the shelters
Oli again clearly pushed in the 6 yd box with the ball dropping on his head. Clear penalty.

The main stand side Lino could have assisted him with all of these.

The centre back with the died Barnet persistently fouling is something he should have done something about himself.

kaimendhibs
28-10-2017, 06:44 PM
Not what I saw. When there was a foul we generally got it. Obviously there were ones that were debateable but nothing too sinister.You need to look harder then. No offence but there were times they dragged mcginn to the ground, no foul. Avoided booking them all game. Clear push for penalty on Shaw ignored etc etc

greenlex
28-10-2017, 06:47 PM
Don't forget Midden has three assistants helping him.

Boyle cleaned out on the edge of the box second half.
Young Oli nods past the boy far left only to be shoved in to the shelters
Oli again clearly pushed in the 6 yd box with the ball dropping on his head. Clear penalty.

The main stand side Lino could have assisted him with all of these.

The centre back with the died Barnet persistently fouling is something he should have done something about himself.
Forgot about the Boyle one to be fair.

Ringothedog
28-10-2017, 06:48 PM
You need to look harder then. No offence but there were times they dragged mcginn to the ground, no foul. Avoided booking them all game. Clear push for penalty on Shaw ignored etc etc

Correct today was another inept performance from the officials

jax67
29-10-2017, 05:23 AM
Motherwell quickly worked out that Bobby Madden is the best ball following referee in Scotland. As soon as the ball was played by a Hibs player, the Motherwell player was straight through the back of him. Madden only saw this once, no yellow card even then. As for Andrew Dallas on Tuesday v hertz, he saw the fouls, just neglected to dish out any punishment for persistent fouling. Our ball players need more protection than they have been getting.

Sprouleflyer
29-10-2017, 08:07 AM
Lay off Bobby, his quick recycle of the ball in the cup final helped towards us winning, in my eyes the mans a legend😄

Onion
29-10-2017, 09:56 AM
Lay off Bobby, his quick recycle of the ball in the cup final helped towards us winning, in my eyes the mans a legend😄

What he a ball boy ?

Brightside
29-10-2017, 10:03 AM
Think he is normally one of the better refs. But he let them kick McGinn at will today.

McGinn fell over at every touch tbh. Nothing wrong with the ref today.

Albanian Hibs
29-10-2017, 10:26 AM

Good one.

kaimendhibs
29-10-2017, 11:48 AM
McGinn fell over at every touch tbh. Nothing wrong with the ref today.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Ryan91
29-10-2017, 01:06 PM

It seems you have mistyped, surely you meant that McGinn got kicked/hacked every time he touched the ball :wink:

greenlex
29-10-2017, 01:13 PM

I don’t think he did but we generally got fouls when he was fouled. Whether Madden could have produced a yellow for persistent fouling on any one individual is a matter of debate.

jax67
29-10-2017, 02:08 PM
[QUOTE=Sprouleflyer;5205993]Lay off Bobby, his quick recycle of the ball in the cup final helped towards us winning, in my eyes the mans a legend😄[/QUOTE
Was it no McLean?

Onion
29-10-2017, 02:16 PM
[QUOTE=Sprouleflyer;5205993]Lay off Bobby, his quick recycle of the ball in the cup final helped towards us winning, in my eyes the mans a legend😄[/QUOTE
Was it no McLean?

Yes it was McLean, best and fairest performance by an official in a Hibs Cup final involving one of the Glasgow clubs in living memory. To attribute that to Madden is maddening. You'd think everything about 21 May 2016 would be seared into the memory banks of every Hibby by now :greengrin

greenlex
29-10-2017, 02:21 PM
[QUOTE=jax67;5206196]

Yes it was McLean, best and fairest performance by an official in a Hibs Cup final involving one of the Glasgow clubs in living memory. To attribute that to Madden is maddening. You'd think everything about 21 May 2016 would be seared into the memory banks of every Hibby by now :greengrin
Madden was the 4th official. I’m sure he got the ball back sharpish in the lead up to the goal. I’m sure that’s what is being referrred to.

Phil MaGlass
29-10-2017, 02:31 PM
Lennon seems to think were being persistently fouled and has asked for more protection , BBC.

jax67
29-10-2017, 03:15 PM
[QUOTE=Onion;5206198]
Madden was the 4th official. I’m sure he got the ball back sharpish in the lead up to the goal. I’m sure that’s what is being referrred to.

Always felt Madden was a better 4th official
than a referee.😀👍

Sprouleflyer
29-10-2017, 03:25 PM
[QUOTE=Onion;5206198]

:thumbsup:

Could have let the ball roll past him, instead he stopped the ball giving Gray the opportunity to play a quick throw in to release FF.