PDA

View Full Version : Hibs win, Hearts lose.

California-Hibs
28-10-2017, 04:09 PM
Always a good weekend! Pretty standard these days though but still...

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oz8xx8TfopG3ZObsI/giphy.gif

Sioux
28-10-2017, 04:19 PM
That can't be right. I've heard all week that herzt would be above Hibs by 4.45 on Saturday.

They're only two midfielders and a left back away from being second force.

Deluded A holes!

SirDavidsNapper
28-10-2017, 04:19 PM
Pretty much the only two results I care about. Very pleasing afternoon.

mutley
28-10-2017, 04:22 PM
if we win our game in hand against Kille, that puts us 7 points ahead. Then we have Dundee at home, possibility of running away from them.

PLEASING as they say

28-10-2017, 04:26 PM
Hertz fans have been consoling themselves with talk of how we were only one point above them, if it gets to 7 puts so soon after a derby domination, the boys who fly the planes with banners on them will be inundated.

mjhibby
28-10-2017, 04:28 PM
That can't be right. I've heard all week that herzt would be above Hibs by 4.45 on Saturday.

They're only two midfielders and a left back away from being second force.

Deluded A holes!

Potter now blames the injuries. Four regulars out injured. We're we no longer missing mcgregor, Fontaine, stokes as swanson and I didn't hear our manager moan. He was the director of football who sanctioned signing three left backs and some poor journeymen players. Deluded ain't the word. They will probably scrape top six but they are a poor poor team. Hibs,well, celtic and Aberdeen have skelped rangers. I don't think the Gorgie hordes will put up with Potter if he keeps trotting out excuses. Every team gets injuries that's why teams have squads.

mutley
28-10-2017, 04:30 PM
Hertz fans have been consoling themselves with talk of how we were only one point above them, if it gets to 7 puts so soon after a derby domination, the boys who fly the planes with banners on them will be inundated.

You are forgetting that last week they managed to "Leapfrog" over us into the top 6 (Even Budge mentioned it in one of her majestic speeches), and they managed to stay there a whole 3 minutes until Murray put them back into there proper place. I don't think they even considered that we had a game in hand over them either.

California-Hibs
28-10-2017, 04:32 PM
Stuff they’ve came out with after their latest derby loss - ‘what makes it more frustrating is wait till you see what Motherwell do to them’ ‘as hard as it is to take tonight order will be restored when we beat a terrible Rangers team and Motherwell rip Hibs a new one’

They really are comedy gold this season.

At some point the penny will drop about how good a manager we have and how superior our squad is to there’s.

Get it up them!

NAE NOOKIE
28-10-2017, 04:39 PM
Two fine results today .. shame it was Sevco that handed out their pumping:greengrin

Even better, after the fine display by our fans on Tuesday night and over 1,700 turning up at Motherwell to back the team sickbag has a thread entitled 'our fans are shy1te' .... with many acknowledging its a long standing and ongoing problem :lolyam:

stoneyburn hibs
28-10-2017, 05:05 PM
We are so far ahead of them in every aspect of the two clubs. Reality is starting to bite for them, whereas years of having cut our cloth it seems like we are now on the cusp of watching a decent team for at least the foreseeable future. We've now got a focus on what's happening on the park financially having dealt with the infrastructure. They are years behind us, long may it continue.

celthedd1
28-10-2017, 05:09 PM
Two fine results today .. shame it was Sevco that handed out their pumping:greengrin

Even better, after the fine display by our fans on Tuesday night and over 1,700 turning up at Motherwell to back the team sickbag has a thread entitled 'our fans are shy1te' .... with many acknowledging its a long standing and ongoing problem :lolyam:where do you get 1700 from ! 1000 tops

ACLeith
28-10-2017, 05:11 PM
where do you get 1700 from ! 1000 tops
Motherwell stadium announcer

cabbageandribs1875
28-10-2017, 05:11 PM

1724 to be precise

--------
28-10-2017, 05:12 PM
if we win our game in hand against Kille, that puts us 7 points ahead. Then we have Dundee at home, possibility of running away from them.

PLEASING as they say

Let's not get over-confident. Killie are doing better under Clarke and won't be easy. Dundee are getting desperate and sometimes that can cause problems.

One game at a time.

Sir David Gray
28-10-2017, 05:13 PM

Much more than 1000 Hibs fans there today. That stand holds more than 4000 people, there's no way it was only 25% full.

jacomo
28-10-2017, 05:13 PM

Even better, after the fine display by our fans on Tuesday night and over 1,700 turning up at Motherwell to back the team sickbag has a thread entitled 'our fans are shy1te' .... with many acknowledging its a long standing and ongoing problem :lolyam:

I am hoping we will end them as a club at Murrayfield.

With talk of the rugby stadium becoming the new Hampden it would offer sweet redemption.

celthedd1
28-10-2017, 05:15 PM
1754 to be precise

Make that 1755 then... I was in the Motherwell stand and didn't look that much.

cabbageandribs1875
28-10-2017, 05:17 PM

it was actually 30 less...i exaggerated :greengrin

RyeSloan
28-10-2017, 06:05 PM
We are so far ahead of them in every aspect of the two clubs. Reality is starting to bite for them, whereas years of having cut our cloth it seems like we are now on the cusp of watching a decent team for at least the foreseeable future. We've now got a focus on what's happening on the park financially having dealt with the infrastructure. They are years behind us, long may it continue.

Correct. You can almost feel the focus at Hibs these days...the whole club has been designed to give maximum support to the first team. It's taken a long time and there has been plenty of wrong turns along the way but we are now seeing the benefit really coming to the fore.

It's a lesson for the Yams as well. Just building a stand doesn't mean job done (not that they are anywhere near even managing that 🤣) you then have to sort the finances (oops they haven't done that yet) and get the right structure across the whole organisation (see Cathro as an example of just how well they have got that working) before you can even start thinking about getting a consistent return on the park.

They are miles and I mean miles behind us as a club and I think the fact they are having to use generators just to power their stadium is a rather apt analogy for their current position.

SirDavidsNapper
28-10-2017, 06:10 PM
Looked a decent turnouthttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171028/8054ffc8be90e07713f1199af9c010ac.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

chinaman
28-10-2017, 06:19 PM

Who cares celt ?

kaimendhibs
28-10-2017, 06:21 PM
Who cares celt ?Beat me to it. Was gonna ask the same question

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

brog
28-10-2017, 06:21 PM
Potter now blames the injuries. Four regulars out injured. We're we no longer missing mcgregor, Fontaine, stokes as swanson and I didn't hear our manager moan. He was the director of football who sanctioned signing three left backs and some poor journeymen players. Deluded ain't the word. They will probably scrape top six but they are a poor poor team. Hibs,well, celtic and Aberdeen have skelped rangers. I don't think the Gorgie hordes will put up with Potter if he keeps trotting out excuses. Every team gets injuries that's why teams have squads.

I noticed that on Tuesday & subsequently. 3 Yams were injured, none of whom would get in our team, & the fact we had 4 first team squad players missing was never mentioned. Potter however has gone on about it ad nauseum saying he may as well play the kids as there's no one else fit. The difference on the benches on Tuesday was astonishing. Potter had his kids, we had 2 internationalists, 3 under age internationalists & the captain of our cup winning side. Happy Days!

brog
28-10-2017, 06:29 PM
There's a great quote on BBC report. It says, I paraphrase, Rafal Grzelak showed how versatile he is, he's equally hopeless wherever he plays! Cracker!

Jack Hackett
28-10-2017, 06:35 PM
There's a great quote on BBC report. It says, I paraphrase, Rafal Grzelak showed how versatile he is, he's equally hopeless wherever he plays! Cracker!

:faf:

allezsauzee
28-10-2017, 06:41 PM

PLEASING as they say

After losing at home to Hamilton , I don't take either of these for granted but if we show the correct attitude and work ethic these are both wins for Hibs.

mutley
28-10-2017, 06:52 PM
After losing at home to Hamilton , I don't take either of these for granted but if we show the correct attitude and work ethic these are both wins for Hibs.

That’s the way I see it. Yes killie have managed to draw at both the uglies, but there is no reason why we can’t have some belief (not arrogance as if to expect to win) but just enough, as we have already shown, to take away maximum points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bostonhibby
29-10-2017, 09:10 AM
The headline could form the basis of a decent double at the bookies every weekend [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Sammy7nil
29-10-2017, 10:48 AM
If Hearts eventually beat Hibs there will be wild scenes of jubilation espesically if it is the next game in front of the fantastic new stand :wink: However if we could go through this season unbeaten the wailing and gnashing of teeth will be unbelieveable :greengrin

Keith_M
29-10-2017, 11:02 AM

Sorry, but that's the official count. I was there and sounds about right to me.

The away stand at Fir Park has a capacity of 4,800, so it was just over 1/3 full

celthedd1
29-10-2017, 03:03 PM
Sorry, but that's the official count. I was there and sounds about right to me.

The away stand at Fir Park has a capacity of 4,800, so it was just over 1/3 full

Point taken everyone....obviously I was wrong !

Deansy
29-10-2017, 04:29 PM

They've now turned their attention to Aberdeen fans after giving up on trying to compete with us -

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/173105-aberdeen/

A one team city, it is disappointing. They have a hard core of fans like most Clubs and it's not that big but a lot of them seem to like the away day and that's why they support in big numbers at other grounds. They know they won't win the league like all of us anytime soon but they can really challenge for the Cups so it is strange that Hearts and Hibs are pulling in substantially more fans whilst Aberdeen are playing better and being more succesful, consolidating their position as the second best team in the country. If McInnes and some of their best players leave and they start to fall away in the next year or two, they will find it harder to recruit quality and it will be interesting to see how many turn up then. They need to realise it ain't going to get much better than it is now and should be pulling in more fans.

That last line - 'THEY' need to realise it aint going to get much better than it is now ........................?? :faf:

SaulGoodman
29-10-2017, 04:58 PM
Just looking at Kickback the now, they have a thread on Killie, OP posts this

Stevie Clarke takes the Killie job and within a few days achieves 1-1 draws away to both of them

Amazing stuff. Wonder who the last team to do that were.

Fifth reply is

Hibs. Won at Ibrox and drew at Celtic Park.
Close thread.

:hilarious

bingo70
29-10-2017, 05:11 PM
Just seen Levein moaning about an injury crisis. Who are they missing? Cowie, Djoum and Aaron Hughes?

Hardly a crisis is it?

hibbyfraelibby
29-10-2017, 06:01 PM
Just seen Levein moaning about an injury crisis. Who are they missing? Cowie, Djoum and Aaron Hughes?

Hardly a crisis is it?

Whereas we have no crisis...after all its only Stokes, Fontaine and McGregor we are missing.

Billy Whizz
29-10-2017, 06:04 PM
Whereas we have no crisis...after all its only Stokes, Fontaine and McGregor we are missing.

Swanson as well

hibs#1
29-10-2017, 06:05 PM

And swanson.

29-10-2017, 10:48 PM

Hardly a crisis is it?

Don't forget Prince Bawbag.

WRTC

monktonharp
29-10-2017, 11:48 PM
to be fair to the kickback forum, 14k is slightly low. I did expect a it more and when seen on Alba the overall main stand attendance looked shoddy.the TV thing is a killer though