northgreen24
28-10-2017, 01:52 PM
So if you buy a ticket in advance you get an allocated seat

But PATG YOU SIT WHERE YOU WANT.......shambles

Chuck Rhoades
28-10-2017, 02:42 PM

2000 fans (if that) in a 4k+ stand? Please don't lose sleep over it.

hibbysam
28-10-2017, 02:52 PM

Common sense surely just sit wherever you like, it’s been the same at Fir Park ever since I started going.

Jones28
28-10-2017, 02:52 PM

In a half full stand? Wouldn't get too uptight over it.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-10-2017, 03:04 PM

Same shambles _without fail_ at Dunfermline. Crap if you’re in later or have kids/disability. Fans deserve better. It either a free-for-all or its not.

hibbysam
28-10-2017, 03:05 PM
Same shambles _without fail_ at Dunfermline. Crap if you’re in later or have kids/disability. Fans deserve better. It either a free-for-all or its not.

Surely having kids/disabilities and being able to sit anywhere is a help? Means you can sit in a suitable seat rather than being given a probable unsuitable seat..

Keith_M
28-10-2017, 04:35 PM
Hibs end less than half full, so cldnt have been too much of a problem.

Be different if we'd taken a bigger support.

Firestarter
28-10-2017, 04:37 PM
It's always sit where you want unless it's full.

wearethehibs
28-10-2017, 06:06 PM
Should be sit where you want at all grounds. Do people really care if they sit where there ticket is?

Billy Whizz
28-10-2017, 06:08 PM
It's always sit where you want unless it's full.

It isn’t. If you’ve pre bought a ticket with an allocated seat no, that’s where you sit

hibbysam
28-10-2017, 06:12 PM
It isn’t. If you’ve pre bought a ticket with an allocated seat no, that’s where you sit

Not at Fir Park it’s not.

Albanian Hibs
28-10-2017, 06:14 PM

Yes it was. If someone was in mine and my sons seat I would have told them to move.

S4uzee
28-10-2017, 06:18 PM
How dirty was the ground, bird **** everywhere

Billy Whizz
28-10-2017, 06:18 PM
Yes it was. If someone was in mine and my sons seat I would have told them to move.

And me too😄

Jones28
28-10-2017, 06:21 PM

Fir Park is a **** hole, it annoys me how fans who come to ER have perfectly decent facilities and most other grounds in the country are rusting, **** strewn dumps.

B.H.F.C
28-10-2017, 06:27 PM

I had a ticket with a specific seat on it and nobody told me when I was going in that you could just sit anywhere. Make it one or the other and there are no issues.

Carheenlea
28-10-2017, 06:38 PM
Two of us had tickets in advance and one paid at the gate - we sat in our pre paid seats with the PATG sat beside us. Everyone happy. Only had the potential for a shambles if 3000 pitched up on the day. 1700 odd Hibs fans there, but expected a bit more to be honest.

iwasthere1972
28-10-2017, 06:39 PM

Well don't take her again.

wearethehibs
28-10-2017, 06:41 PM

HAha

Hermit Crab
28-10-2017, 06:44 PM

Aye it is, why issue a ticket with a row and seat number then? Swan in at 2:55 with your ticket then find some joker who's paid in with no ticket sitting in your seat, you the have to find a seat elsewhere with a worse view. Bollocks.

wearethehibs
28-10-2017, 06:45 PM
Actually cant believe we have won away at Fir Park and people are moaning that other fans sat where they want. Bet youse all miss Calderwood and Butcher so you could have a proper moan

wearethehibs
28-10-2017, 06:46 PM
Aye it is, why issue a ticket with a row and seat number then? Swan in at 2:55 with your ticket then find some joker who's paid in with no ticket sitting in your seat, you the have to find a seat elsewhere with a worse view. Bollocks.

Seriously man. Some Hibs fans

Billy Whizz
28-10-2017, 06:48 PM
Actually cant believe we have won away at Fir Park and people are moaning that other fans sat where they want. Bet youse all miss Calderwood and Butcher so you could have a proper moan

So we just pitch up at ER next Saturday and sit where we want?😄
Great victory, great performance today, but when tickets are pre sold, you sit on the seat you were given
I’m happy tonight

Golden Bear
28-10-2017, 06:57 PM
Wasn't there today so I suppose I shouldn't be contributing to this thread but it's got to be said that I did find it bizarre that any tickets were issued for this fixture. There was always going to be plenty of room for everybody so why create a potential problem?

Iggy Pope
28-10-2017, 06:58 PM
Seriously man. Some Hibs fans

You're spoiling for a debate surely? If you've got a ticket with a seat number on it, that's where you sit. You can't have 1700 people sitting wherever they want.

There's 200-odd folk ar our club who pay for an away seat in advance regardless of the game. They should sit in the seat they pay for (I'm not one of them mind) and so should everyone who takes time to pre-pay.

If you'd have been sitting in my seat when I arrived today, you'd have to have moved.

S4uzee
28-10-2017, 07:00 PM

Agreed but it’s not the fans fault (joker) is it? It’s to do with Motherwell.

DC_Hibs
28-10-2017, 07:04 PM
With little over 30% of the seats being populated it's common sense just to allow people to sit where they wanted.
If you want your pick of the seats then get in early. If you're daft enough to want it dictated to you where to sit then get in early and wander aimlessly for 2 minutes with that bit of paper held in front of you.

I went in early and took the seat I wanted. I also had pepper spray and a taser in my pocket if Billy The Whizz, Albania or Helmet approached.

I love Hibs.net I do. Shows how the other half (wits) live.

Bayern Bru
28-10-2017, 07:06 PM

Can't we enjoy the win AND point out that it's ludicrous to have sit-where-you-want PATG and allocated-seat tickets? :dunno:

HH81
28-10-2017, 07:06 PM
How does the fan on the gate know which seats have been sold if they have an unreserved ticket and told to sit where ever?

If I had got there at 2 picked a seat and then at 5 to 3 someone said move, I'd have said no thanks.

IGRIGI
28-10-2017, 07:10 PM
I've never understood the fury over this, it's Fir Park FFS, you've not lost a ringside seat at the fight of the century.

Iggy Pope
28-10-2017, 07:10 PM
How does the fan on the gate know which seats have been sold if they have an unreserved ticket and told to sit where ever?

If I had got there at 2 picked a seat and then at 5 to 3 someone said move, I'd have said no thanks.

If you'd been sitting in the seat that corresponded with my ticket you could have politely said what you like but you'd still have moved. As it happens, you weren't.

HH81
28-10-2017, 07:15 PM
If you'd been sitting in the seat that corresponded with my ticket you could have politely said what you like but you'd still have moved. As it happens, you weren't.

If I was told when I went in it was unreserved seating I can 100% guaranteed I would not have moved.

😂

Iggy Pope
28-10-2017, 07:17 PM
If I was told when I went in it was unreserved seating I can 100% guaranteed I would not have moved.

😂

I was in a reserved seat.
You would have moved.

Did you make it up there today?

HH81
28-10-2017, 07:22 PM
I was in a reserved seat.
You would have moved.

Did you make it up there today?

No but if I did I would not have let you bully me out of my amazing plastic seat if I had been told it was unreserved. 😂

kaimendhibs
28-10-2017, 07:26 PM
Come on guys. No arguing about seats when our manky neighbours dont even have one[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Albanian Hibs
28-10-2017, 07:27 PM
No but if I did I would not have let you bully me out of my amazing plastic seat if I had been told it was unreserved. 😂

I am an away season ticket holder. We are allocated central or the best view seats. If you had been in my seats today I would have politely told you to find another one. If you had been arsey about it I would have asked a steward to remove you.

Iggy Pope
28-10-2017, 07:29 PM

All hypothetical then and a strange retort to my right to take the seat I've paid for, no matter the composition of it. I reckon 90% of seats in known football are made out of some form of plastic or another.
You'd have moved, but as your luck would have it you didn't have to as you weren't within 250 miles of being involved.

Game to the bully.

percy veer
28-10-2017, 07:33 PM

And if if me and my son were sitting in "your" seats , I would have told you to beat it.

KingFranck
28-10-2017, 07:35 PM
Our bus had two rows of seats and when me and my son got there two fellow Hibees had decided to sit in 2 of the seats.
I politely said guys you are in our seats.
They happily got up and went to find others and that is Hibs class no arguing.
Now if the turnstile operator or stewards or Police had said it’s sit where you want well fair enough.
Same thing happened at Dunfermline a few years back and such a shambles they over sold the away end and had to open another part of the ground.

Keith_M
28-10-2017, 07:38 PM

Thought the same, covered in bird crap and cobwebs(?!?). Could do with a real clean.

I hope our away ends not that manky

percy veer
28-10-2017, 07:38 PM
All hypothetical then and a strange retort to my right to take the seat I've paid for, no matter the composition of it. I reckon 90% of seats in known football are made out of some form of plastic or another.
You'd have moved, but as your luck would have it you didn't have to as you weren't within 250 miles of being involved.

Game to the bully.

I wouldn't have moved, and if a saw a plonker like you trying to intimidate fellow fans , I would have told you to move on yourself

Iggy Pope
28-10-2017, 07:45 PM
I wouldn't have moved, and if a saw a plonker like you trying to intimidate fellow fans , I would have told you to move on yourself

Plonker? Keep a civil finger on your keyboard, my vigilante friend.
You'd have been out my seat as well. Superhero or not.
The point of all this is if you pay for a reserved, ticketed seat then your entitled to sit in it. There is no argument.

lapsedhibee
28-10-2017, 07:50 PM

I'm quite interested in knowing more about the unknown football that you seem to imply. Is there a league in a parallel universe where your eyes don't bleed watching a Potter team, etc etc etc?

H18 SFR
28-10-2017, 07:53 PM
That stand was like an abandoned building today.

It shows the utter contempt many clubs have for fans in Scotland.

Edit - actually an email to their local authorities environmental health department wouldn't go amiss.

Iggy Pope
28-10-2017, 07:55 PM
I'm quite interested in knowing more about the unknown football that you seem to imply. Is there a league in a parallel universe where your eyes don't bleed watching a Potter team, etc etc etc?

No idea what the seats are made of if there is.
Maybe they make your arse bleed rather than your eyes? In that case, HH81 and old Percy would be welcome to my tickets for that one.

hibbysam
28-10-2017, 07:57 PM

Those who didn’t get a ticket could sit in any seat... Never seen someone so precious about a ****ing seat or a sense of entitlement because they have an AST. What if that other seat had a better view? If a steward tells me to ‘sit where you want’ and I don’t have a ticket, I’ll do just that, and nobody will tell me otherwise because they decide to ‘swan in’ at the last minute.

tanfield
28-10-2017, 07:58 PM
With 3 kids today it was irritating to pay at the gate take a seat then have to move when folk wanted their seat and then have to move again just before kick off when the same thing happened.

Hibernia&Alba
28-10-2017, 07:58 PM

:top marks

:not worth

Andy74
28-10-2017, 08:04 PM
Plonker? Keep a civil finger on your keyboard, my vigilante friend.
You'd have been out my seat as well. Superhero or not.
The point of all this is if you pay for a reserved, ticketed seat then your entitled to sit in it. There is no argument.

If everyone was given a ticket with a number on it the yes. When you have the majority who’ve been told to sit anywhere then trying to move those people on is just a bit arsey. Just take the nearest available seats.

Iggy Pope
28-10-2017, 08:04 PM
With 3 kids today it was irritating to pay at the gate take a seat then have to move when folk wanted their seat and then have to move again just before kick off when the same thing happened.

It sounds like you experienced this and moved for people that wanted their seat.
In that case, you are the most polite person on this thread and probably the only one with a grumble as it seems those who doth protesteth weren't in your position as they weren't there.

Did you get bullied or intimidated out your seat? Or did you see their point and move?

essexhibee
28-10-2017, 08:06 PM

Edit - actually an email to their local authorities environmental health department wouldn't go amiss.

Especially about the toilets.

Iggy Pope
28-10-2017, 08:06 PM
If everyone was given a ticket with a number on it the yes. When you have the majority who’ve been told to sit anywhere then trying to move those people on is just a bit arsey. Just take the nearest available seats.

Could go on like that for a while. Take 5 or 6 seats elsewhere, another 5 or 6 turn up with tickets?
Need to be clear - It's Motherwell that are screwing up here, but there's nothing arsey about wanting to sit in the seat you've paid for.

percy veer
28-10-2017, 08:09 PM
I feel for you people can be so petty sometimes, just remember though it's not their seat though , it's the clubs and they said sit where you like.

greenlex
28-10-2017, 08:13 PM
The stand was half empty. Can’t see the problem with just moving to a vacant seat if your in an allocated one. If moved again just move.

Andy74
28-10-2017, 08:14 PM
Could go on like that for a while. Take 5 or 6 seats elsewhere, another 5 or 6 turn up with tickets?
Need to be clear - It's Motherwell that are screwing up here, but there's nothing arsey about wanting to sit in the seat you've paid for.

No if you just sit then it doesn’t keep going on like that. It only does if people keep insisting that people who have been told to sit anywhere move for them.

IGRIGI
28-10-2017, 08:15 PM
There is no argument.

Correct, they said it was unallocated seating, so no one had any right to tell people to move.

Billy Whizz
28-10-2017, 08:16 PM
I feel for you people can be so petty sometimes, just remember though it's not their seat though , it's the clubs and they said sit where you like.

They didn’t though. A large number of tickets were bought up front from Hibs. Seat and row number on them
Seems like Motherwell made a Tom Kite of this, and caused an issue for Hibs fans today, and on here tonight
Wonder if a similar thing will happen at Rugby Park on Tuesday, although the numbers will be smaller

Jones28
28-10-2017, 08:18 PM
The upper deck was less than a quarter full I'd say, stewards were telling people to sit anywhere as well.

Keith_M

And that, right there, is the problem.

As the majority of us had unallocated seating, and there is nothing on the seats to say it's reserved, how are you supposed to know where you can and can't sit?

kev1875
I’ve bought my disabled 60 year old dad and my 8 year old 2 away tickets this season, both times they’ve ended up right behind the drum, my old man thinks I’m doing it on purpose 😂 Anyway he disappeared upstairs and me and the laddie has another class away day 👏🏻

Mr White
28-10-2017, 08:19 PM
They didn’t though. A large number of tickets were bought up front from Hibs. Seat and row number on them
Seems like Motherwell made a Tom Kite of this, and caused an issue for Hibs fans today, and on here tonight
Wonder if a similar thing will happen at Rugby Park on Tuesday, although the numbers will be smaller

I wonder if they did it on purpose tbh as fans arguing with each other at 3pm aren't united in getting behind the team right from kick off.

Billy Whizz
28-10-2017, 08:21 PM
I wonder if they did it on purpose tbh as fans arguing with each other at 3pm aren't united in getting behind the team right from kick off.

I doubt it, probably just a lack of communication

Carheenlea
28-10-2017, 08:22 PM

Didn't think it was that bad to be fair - The Emirates it ain't, but been in a lot worse.

Iggy Pope
28-10-2017, 08:25 PM
Looks like I see the seat on my ticket differently from a few others and much of this is, as I've said, hypothetical. Only one poster thus far affected and he moved. And he has my sympathies. And he hasn't said he was bullied or intimidated, or that there was any arseyness.
(He might still though, so not assuming anything).

A few others commenting but not there, or not affected. I'm out now I think I've said all I can. We've hit a wall.
See you all at Killie.

Mr White
28-10-2017, 08:28 PM
I doubt it, probably just a lack of communication

Perhaps but why go to the effort of printing numbered, allocated tickets for an away end that is definitely not going to sell out then change it for the ones sold on the gate? When you've got nearly half as many visiting fans in the ground as your own supporters then any edge you can manipulate would be looked at I reckon. Sneaky Lanarkshire *******s :greengrin

Keith_M
28-10-2017, 08:30 PM
Didn't think it was that bad to be fair - The Emirates it ain't, but been in a lot worse.

Were you in the lower or upper tier? Reason I ask is that the upper tier seemed a lot worse.

It's also a lot dirtier than the last time I was there, admittedly a few years back now.

HH81
28-10-2017, 08:31 PM
I am an away season ticket holder. We are allocated central or the best view seats. If you had been in my seats today I would have politely told you to find another one. If you had been arsey about it I would have asked a steward to remove you.

What if the steward felt it was unreserved seating and told you to find another seat what then?

On my way up to the game last week the train announced that due to an issue all reserved seating was cancelled and everyone needed to find a seat where they could. Everyone had paid for their seat on that train too but there was no falling out over it or upset caused it's just a seat at the end of the day!

Maybe they should have sections off the seats sold before hand and called it not for the pay on the day section?

Carheenlea
28-10-2017, 08:33 PM
Were you in the lower or upper tier? Reason I ask is that the upper tier seemed a lot worse.

It's also a lot dirtier than the last time I was there, admittedly a few years back now.

Lower. Maybe the lower section gets a soaking from the rain every now and again!

Johnny Clash
28-10-2017, 08:36 PM
Did we not used to put ‘reserved’ stickers on ST seats and ‘walk ups’ could sit anywhere apart from on the seats with stickers?

There seems to have been a problem today that was purely created by Motherwell. They should either announce in advance that there will be no seat allocation OR they should sell tickets with seat numbers for walk ups. I hope things are clearer at Killie.

Si_17
28-10-2017, 08:42 PM
Looks like I see the seat on my ticket differently from a few others and much of this is, as I've said, hypothetical. Only one poster thus far affected and he moved. And he has my sympathies. And he hasn't said he was bullied or intimidated, or that there was any arseyness.
(He might still though, so not assuming anything).

A few others commenting but not there, or not affected. I'm out now I think I've said all I can. We've hit a wall.
See you all at Killie.

I moved because I couldn’t be troubled with the hassle of it and it became apparent pretty early on that what was occurring would cause issue. However, I don’t think there’s any need for your internet hardman routine.

tanfield
28-10-2017, 08:46 PM
It sounds like you experienced this and moved for people that wanted their seat.
In that case, you are the most polite person on this thread and probably the only one with a grumble as it seems those who doth protesteth weren't in your position as they weren't there.

Did you get bullied or intimidated out your seat? Or did you see their point and move?

They way I saw it they had tickets with seat numbers on and I didn't have a proverbial leg to stand on and I'm there to enjoy a day out with the kids and not get embroiled in a futile argument about seats.

There are a few comments that the stand was less than half full and therefore no biggy but looked pretty full where I was.

Keith_M
28-10-2017, 08:48 PM
Lower. Maybe the lower section gets a soaking from the rain every now and again!

Yeah, possibly.

Scouse Hibee
28-10-2017, 08:52 PM
What if the steward felt it was unreserved seating and told you to find another seat what then?

On my way up to the game last week the train announced that due to an issue all reserved seating was cancelled and everyone needed to find a seat where they could. Everyone had paid for their seat on that train too but there was no falling out over it or upset caused it's just a seat at the end of the day!

Maybe they should have sections off the seats sold before hand and called it not for the pay on the day section?

That does my head in on the train, just because reservation system is not working folk with reserved seats should still sit in their own seats.

Kaff
28-10-2017, 09:12 PM
Some people were far too precious about their 'allocated' seats although it was obviously Motherwells fault. 4 older gents were crossing into 2 of our seats and they had been told it was free seating, no problem we moved over only for two fellas to turn up just before kick off to insist they had their number seats ffs so me and son moved down the row and left wife and daughter there, where's the sense in that? We were about 8 feet away but split up for the sake of someone having his number on the seat?

TheReg!
28-10-2017, 09:22 PM
Best way to solve it would have been to tell the PATG supporters to go to the top tier as the bottom was for pre paid tickets???

Johnny Clash
28-10-2017, 09:29 PM
That does my head in on the train, just because reservation system is not working folk with reserved seats should still sit in their own seats.

West Coast & Cross Country trains are the worst coz they use that crappy electronic system. Paper tickets in back of seats are more reliable and much better - you can see any unreserved seats from outside the coach.

Largshibby
28-10-2017, 10:49 PM
Some people were far too precious about their 'allocated' seats although it was obviously Motherwells fault. 4 older gents were crossing into 2 of our seats and they had been told it was free seating, no problem we moved over only for two fellas to turn up just before kick off to insist they had their number seats ffs so me and son moved down the row and left wife and daughter there, where's the sense in that? We were about 8 feet away but split up for the sake of someone having his number on the seat?

You were lucky. On tuesday v Jambos I came across a guy who was precious about his entire row of seats. Heading for the toilets at half-time my row was basically full and the one behind almost empty. To cause less disruption I moved to the row behind to get to the stairs. The guy wouldn't move to let me past citing that I had moved from my row to his. He didn't even need to stand up, just swing his legs round. If winning a derby at half-time doesn't put you in a good mood I wouldn't like to see him when we're losing.

Hiber-nation
28-10-2017, 11:06 PM
Issuing tickets with seat numbers then telling folk to sit anywhere is just plain stupid. It will always cause hassle.

And yes what a manky ground. Pies were awful as well.

Albanian Hibs
28-10-2017, 11:10 PM
And if if me and my son were sitting in "your" seats , I would have told you to beat it.

Yeah so if a woman and her 6 year old son came up to you and told you that you were in their allocated seats you wouldnt move? Aye right then. Would love to hear you tell us to beat it 😂😂😂

Albanian Hibs
28-10-2017, 11:15 PM

I would love to have been on that train and they told me that my son and I were not sitting in the seats that I had reserved and I had to find seats elsewhere. Aye, of course I am going to leave him at a seat on his own 3 carriages away 😂😂😂

Iggy Pope
29-10-2017, 01:46 PM
I moved because I couldn’t be troubled with the hassle of it and it became apparent pretty early on that what was occurring would cause issue. However, I don’t think there’s any need for your internet hardman routine.

:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
29-10-2017, 02:23 PM
In such a situation if the request to vacate a seat is communicated in a polite and civil manner I will aĺways oblige. Come up to me acting like a hard man and aggressively telling me to bolt will likely result in us both being thrown out! Simple really, treat others with respect and they will more than likely respond accordingly.

Pretty Boy
29-10-2017, 02:28 PM
Almost every single away game I've attended, which has been a fair few down the years, has featured at least one fight about seats even when stands are almost empty.

When seats are allocated people just sit where they like anyway leading to bother. When seats are unallocated people tell others to move up a couple so they can sit together which leads to bother. God knows what yesterday must have been like with a half and half 'system' in place.

Iggy Pope
29-10-2017, 02:34 PM
Almost every single away game I've attended, which has been a fair few down the years, has featured at least one fight about seats even when stands are almost empty.

When seats are allocated people just sit where they like anyway leading to bother. When seats are unallocated people tell others to move up a couple so they can sit together which leads to bother. God knows what yesterday must have been like with a half and half 'system' in place.

Jn actual fact. It wasn't bad. The thread largely is revolving around the thoughts of folk who might have done this or that, had they been there. Bit daft. Motherwell screwed up. There's,a couple on here that suffered, but moved seat. Hibs Away scheme has a bit to answer for as well. Like it always has.

Baldy Foghorn
29-10-2017, 02:36 PM
Some really ersey comments from those not even there. Brilliant, gotta love this place.....:greengrin

Albanian Hibs
29-10-2017, 02:51 PM
:greengrin

😂😂😂

cabbageandribs1875
29-10-2017, 02:53 PM
In such a situation if the request to vacate a seat is communicated in a polite and civil manner I will aĺways oblige. Come up to me acting like a hard man and aggressively telling me to bolt will likely result in us both being thrown out! Simple really, treat others with respect and they will more than likely respond accordingly.

ditto/ all of this :agree:

Firestarter
29-10-2017, 02:58 PM

Can't say it's ever been that way unless in early. The only time I remember that happening was a sell out when Konte scored on his arse.

percy veer
29-10-2017, 07:41 PM
Yeah so if a woman and her 6 year old son came up to you and told you that you were in their allocated seats you wouldnt move? Aye right then. Would love to hear you tell us to beat it 😂😂😂

Mabey just an "aye OK luv" then going g speak to a steward

Just Alf
29-10-2017, 08:11 PM
When I have a ticket with a seat number I always sit in it, then if the place isn't rammed I might move to a better position at kick off. Simples.

The half 'n half scenario yesterday could have led to trouble if it had got out of hand.

PS... Wasn't there.. Was working :-(

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Steve-O
30-10-2017, 09:35 AM
Never ceases to amaze me how precious folk get over “their” seat FFS.

green&left
30-10-2017, 09:45 AM

Especially when there was 2500 other empty seats that could be used in the same stand :greengrin:crazy:

.Sean.
30-10-2017, 09:59 AM
On the other hand a petty and frankly ridiculous show of handbags on Hibs.net about something trivial is usually a good indication all of going pretty well on the park at least :hilarious:hilarious:hilarious

Peevemor
30-10-2017, 10:33 AM

Especially when there was 2500 other empty seats that could be used in the same stand :greengrin:crazy:

It's not complicated. You go to a match expecting to sit beside a couple of mates - as indicated by the seat number on your tickets. When you arrive (excuse me, excuse me, excuse me ...) somebody is sitting on one of your seats and he/she refuses to move. You and your mates then look for 3 seats together elsewhere (maybe worse placed, maybe not - excuse me, excuse me, excuse me...). You get to them (sorry mate this seats taken), you find 3 others - sorted. A couple of guys come along and tell you that you're sitting in their seats. You explain that someone else took your seats but the guys don't care and start getting humpty - and so on...

Motherwell should have given those that paid at the gate a stub with a seat number (as happens at ER) so the fault lies with them. But when everyone has a seat number but someone chooses instead to sit in my seat, I know who's being a dick.

Mr White
30-10-2017, 10:36 AM
On the other hand a petty and frankly ridiculous show of handbags on Hibs.net about something trivial is usually a good indication all of going pretty well on the park at least :hilarious:hilarious:hilarious

Very true :greengrin

Carheenlea
30-10-2017, 12:05 PM
It's not complicated. You go to a match expecting to sit beside a couple of mates - as indicated by the seat number on your tickets. When you arrive (excuse me, excuse me, excuse me ...) somebody is sitting on one of your seats and he/she refuses to move. You and your mates then look for 3 seats together elsewhere (maybe worse placed, maybe not - excuse me, excuse me, excuse me...). You get to them (sorry mate this seats taken), you find 3 others - sorted. A couple of guys come along and tell you that you're sitting in their seats. You explain that someone else took your seats but the guys don't care and start getting humpty - and so on...

Motherwell should have given those that paid at the gate a stub with a seat number (as happens at ER) so the fault lies with them. But when everyone has a seat number but someone chooses instead to sit in my seat, I know who's being a dick.

:agree:

HibbyAndy
30-10-2017, 12:09 PM

Spot on

Pete
30-10-2017, 12:17 PM
I don’t blame those who have allocated seats for getting a bit pissed off.

If you’ve bought one at the gate and it has no seat number on it, do you not think that it maybe means you can sit anywhere unless a ticket has already been issued for that seat? In fact, it’s basic manners and common sense to move for someone who has been allocated a seat you are sitting in.

I’d also like to add that if someone was sitting in my seat then I’d forcibly remove them*

*Terms and conditions: Force used by myself would be inversely proportional to how many are in your group, your size and wether it looks like I could have you in a fight. I reserve the right to activate the “Just kidding mate” clause at any time.