PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Motherwell 0 v Hibs 1 (Boyle)

Pages : 1 [2]

cabbageandribs1875
28-10-2017, 04:41 PM
Tam Cowan on OTB telling neutrals to get along and watch hibs :wink:

Brightside
28-10-2017, 04:42 PM
Hospitality very nice. Good support Well. Good people. All agreed Hanlon best CH on the league.

--------
28-10-2017, 04:43 PM
Tam Cowan on OTB telling neutrals to get along and watch hibs :wink:

They'd better hurry - there's not going to be too many empty seats in the stadium next week.

SmashinGlass
28-10-2017, 04:50 PM
Not sure the poster was criticising Hibs - he may have had the competition in mind 😉

Exactly!

Ahhh. Apologies then. I had read it as being critical. :thumbsup:

Carheenlea
28-10-2017, 04:54 PM
That was a more important 3 points than the Derby - puts us up in the mix where we want to be, and an opportunity in Tuesday down at Killie to cement that further.

Hibbyradge
28-10-2017, 04:57 PM
That was a more important 3 points than the Derby - puts us up in the mix where we want to be, and an opportunity in Teusday down at Killie to cement that further.

Both 3 points were important, but the Derby is the most important on various levels.

celthedd1
28-10-2017, 05:02 PM
Both 3 points were important, but the Derby is the most important on various levels.

Can't remember a game where the ref let so much go, brutal tackling at times from both teams,made for a decent watch.Could easily have been a stop start game.

J-C
28-10-2017, 05:08 PM
3 very good points against an in from Motherwell team who took a good point from us at home a few weeks back.

seanshow
28-10-2017, 05:09 PM
Three shots on target

.net competition - unfortunately goodbye to all the whites :smug:

col02
28-10-2017, 05:15 PM
Enormous credit to the defence for back to back clean sheets and the team for back to back wins.

Lago
28-10-2017, 05:25 PM
Seeing a brief view of Fir Park at the end of the game, the weather didn't look great, so maybe very good performance under the circumstances.

--------
28-10-2017, 05:27 PM
Seeing a brief view of Fir Park at the end of the game, the weather didn't look great, so maybe very good performance under the circumstances.

No, it hasn't been too good through here.

In and out quick, making sure of the points, job done. Perfect!

Lago
28-10-2017, 05:29 PM
:thumbsup:
No, it hasn't been too good through here.

In and out quick, making sure of the points, job done. Perfect!

Shrekko
28-10-2017, 05:58 PM
Superb performance in the conditions. Dominated about 75% of the game and defended very solidly.

That midfield trio of ours is different class and teams are petrified of our pace. Yes we can be more clinical but it’s been 6 well earned points this week. Great start to the season under a great manager.

Thegreenside
28-10-2017, 06:02 PM
Could of been out of site, if Murray was a half yard better timed and barker finishes off the sitter. All said and done good, dominant performance

Heisenberg
28-10-2017, 06:33 PM
Remember when we used to moan about having no pace? We’ve now got an absolute abundance out wide. Very good to see.

ancient hibee
28-10-2017, 06:54 PM
2 points from two points in Glasgow though.

I'm positive this means something-just can't think what :greengrin

Wee Effen Bee
28-10-2017, 07:14 PM
Could of been out of site, if Murray was a half yard better timed and barker finishes off the sitter. All said and done good, dominant performance

Aaaaaaaargh! ‘Could’ve’ been or ‘Could have’ been, please! :grr:
Have you ever even seen the phrase ‘could of’, or ‘should of’ written (professionally) in any journal, newspaper, magazine or book? Ever? I will be a happy gadgey if posters would refrain from making this annoying error. Do you know the substitution of ‘of’ for a contraction is in the top 20 grammatical mistakes of all time?
Oh well, at least I get your drift: Aye, we could’ve been well out of sight (no pun intended) if we had taken our chances today Greenside but we have been guilty of dropping points and/or missing out on increasing our, ‘goals for’ tally regularly this season. Also agree we turned in another dominant performance -against an in-form team. :agree:
Im away for a lie down now, the regular use of the ‘passive voice’ in many Hibs.net posts (including my own) is giving me headaches.:cb

Hibbyradge
28-10-2017, 07:16 PM
Have you ever even seen the phrase ‘could of’, or ‘should of’ written (professionally) in any journal, newspaper, magazine or book? Ever? I will be a happy gadgey if posters would refrain from making this annoying error. Do you know the substitution of ‘of’ for a contraction is in the top 20 grammatical mistakes of all time?
Oh well, at least I get your drift: Aye, we could’ve been well out of sight (no pun intended) if we had taken our chances today Greenside but we have been guilty of dropping points and/or missing out on increasing our, ‘goals for’ tally regularly this season. Also agree we turned in another dominant performance -against an in-form team. :agree:
Im away for a lie down now, the regular use of the ‘passive voice’ in many Hibs.net posts (including my own) is giving me headaches.:cb

There, their, they're.

SkintHibby
28-10-2017, 07:19 PM

YES YES YES!

COULD HAVE SHOULD HAVE.

Glad to see a fellow Hibee who appreciates the olden days when we were taught proper English at schools.

What the eff happened to you younger lot ffs?

Lago
28-10-2017, 07:34 PM
YES YES YES!

COULD HAVE SHOULD HAVE.

Glad to see a fellow Hibee who appreciates the olden days when we were taught proper English at schools.

Judging by what I see from my grand children's home work, spelling & grammar do not have the same focus that they had in the past. It's all about expression.

Hibernia&Alba
28-10-2017, 07:54 PM
Six points this weeks, in tough games against Hearts and Motherwell, and with two clean sheets. That's an achievement :aok:

rcarter1
29-10-2017, 01:22 AM
YES YES YES!

COULD HAVE SHOULD HAVE.

Surely that is question that us older lot have to answer for? Apart from that, I blame the internet and globalization.

Hi Heid Yin
29-10-2017, 01:28 AM
Yes what ever happened to good old English grammar?
The days of Slade and "Coz I Luv You" "Look Wot You Dun" " Take Me Bak Ome" Skweeze Me, Pleeze Me" and "Cum on Feel The Noize"?
Sigh:greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
29-10-2017, 01:46 AM

And my personal favourite ....... 'yous' ........ As in 'yous were better than us in the first half' :confused:

crewetollhibee
29-10-2017, 09:06 AM
Yous lot r loosing the plot.

CRAZYHIBBY
29-10-2017, 09:13 AM
Boyles been a great signing... How many goals has he scored now?

southern hibby
29-10-2017, 09:14 AM
Wat r u oh on bout. No gonny daw that tae me as it dus ma sweed inn.

GGTTH

Keith_M
29-10-2017, 11:14 AM
And my personal favourite ....... 'yous' ........ As in 'yous were better than us in the first half' :confused:

What about Airline Steward(ess) Grammar, that's got to be the worst.

"We have a special offer today for yourselves..."

No you don't. It's just 'you'. Where on earth do you get 'yourselves' from?

Northernhibee
29-10-2017, 12:39 PM

19 goals in just over 80 appearances. Not bad.

sambajustice
29-10-2017, 12:48 PM

Dunno but he should of scored more...

Wee Effen Bee
29-10-2017, 12:51 PM
:greengrin
Dunno but he should of scored more...