PDA

View Full Version : Hearts to set new record

SirDavidsNapper
28-10-2017, 08:06 AM
Today is the day Hearts trully sell their soul and allow 14k (fourteen thousand) away fans into Murrayfield for their league fixture. I believe this is a new record away attendance for the top flight the Gorgie Galacticos are allowing to happen. It reminds me of Bonnyrigg Rose giving Hibs two stands at the PBS last season. Well done to the famous HMFC. Another first.

Brooster
28-10-2017, 08:15 AM
Who honestly cares? Hibs are playing at Motherwell today....that's all I care about. Im sick of coming on here to see that half of the threads are either about them or develop in to talking about them. Alan Stubbs was right.....too many Hibs fans obsess about them rather than focus on Hibs. We cant influence Rangers away support, their new stand, Leveins tactics or anything else. We can however influence all things Hibs. Let them bash on whilst we concentrate on Hibs.

Bostonhibby
28-10-2017, 08:17 AM
Today is the day Hearts trully sell their soul and allow 14k (fourteen thousand) away fans into Murrayfeild for their league fixture. I believe this is a new record away attendance for the top flight the Gorgie Galacticos are allowing to happen. It reminds me of Bonnyrigg Rose giving Hibs two stands at the PBS last season. Well done to the famous HMFC. Another first.

This game should go down in history as the big erse derby, they've got seats to buy, and big erses to put in them, that's why they're still delaying and playing in a rugby ground. Can't afford to finish the stand otherwise or it would have been done when Mrs Budge first said it would.

Sir David Gray
28-10-2017, 08:21 AM
This game should go down in history as the big erse derby, they've got seats to buy, and big erses to put in them, that's why they're still delaying and playing in a rugby ground. Can't afford to finish the stand otherwise or it would have been done when Mrs Budge first said it would.

Correct. Disney have managed to build theme parks quicker than it's taken them to build this stand.

They're at it.

houstonhibbee
28-10-2017, 08:31 AM
Correct. Disney have managed to build theme parks quicker than it's taken them to build this stand.

They're at it.
You make it sound like it's Mickey Mouse :greengrin

G B Young
28-10-2017, 08:31 AM
Likely to be a good deal more than 14k huns there if the ticketing system is still as disorganised as I'm told it was for the Aberdeen game at Murrayfield.

S4uzee
28-10-2017, 08:36 AM
Who honestly cares? Hibs are playing at Motherwell today....that's all I care about. Im sick of coming on here to see that half of the threads are either about them or develop in to talking about them. Alan Stubbs was right.....too many Hibs fans obsess about them rather than focus on Hibs. We cant influence Rangers away support, their new stand, Leveins tactics or anything else. We can however influence all things Hibs. Let them bash on whilst we concentrate on Hibs.
When did Stubbs say that?

theonlywayisup
28-10-2017, 08:42 AM
Today is the day Hearts trully sell their soul and allow 14k (fourteen thousand) away fans into Murrayfeild for their league fixture. I believe this is a new record away attendance for the top flight the Gorgie Galacticos are allowing to happen. It reminds me of Bonnyrigg Rose giving Hibs two stands at the PBS last season. Well done to the famous HMFC. Another first.

It's what big teams with 400,000 fans do.

Brooster
28-10-2017, 08:55 AM
When did Stubbs say that?

At East Mains when 50 of us from East Lothian Hibs were up for a talk. He was amazed at how much some of our support focussed on hearts.

Stuart93
28-10-2017, 08:57 AM
At East Mains when 50 of us from East Lothian Hibs were up for a talk. He was amazed at how much some of our support focussed on hearts.

I'd imagine we were focussed on hearts because they were doing exactly what Stubbs should've had hibs doing at that point 👀

Brooster
28-10-2017, 09:00 AM
I'd imagine we were focussed on hearts because they were doing exactly what Stubbs should've had hibs doing at that point 👀

Maybe so but my point still stands. Some on here talk about them more than us. Obsessing about new stands and Murrayfield crowds etc. Strange.

Bostonhibby
28-10-2017, 09:04 AM
Maybe so but my point still stands. Some on here talk about them more than us. Obsessing about new stands and Murrayfield crowds etc. Strange.

Honestly, it's perfectly possible to do both at the same time, or not get involved where you don't want to. I personally enjoy a good light hearted laugh at Hearts - they're at a high in terms of the material they give us- and will get into any debate about Hibs or anyone else where there's something to contribute or comment on, many do, the site allows it.

Jack
28-10-2017, 09:12 AM

If they had built their stand as effectively as we built the East or the others then I doubt there would have been much fuss.

However forgetting to order seats, having hundreds of seats with a view of a goal obscured, months late, reinventing the chip, an artist's impression of the finished stand looking nothing like what's actually there they've set themselves up for ridicule.

As they are our city rivals we're happy to oblige.

Thecat23
28-10-2017, 09:20 AM

As our rivals I don’t think there is anything wrong with poking fun at them. The stand fiasco is brilliant. I’m fully focused on my own team but I do like to laugh at those mutants a lot though!

Brooster
28-10-2017, 09:25 AM
As our rivals I don’t think there is anything wrong with poking fun at them. The stand fiasco is brilliant. I’m fully focused on my own team but I do like to laugh at those mutants a lot though!

Me too Cat. Thats healthy enough but when you begin to concentrate more on them than you do about Hibs it cannot be right. The OP on this thread for example. Why post that on the morning of a Hibs game?

oneone73
28-10-2017, 09:27 AM
Me too Cat. Thats healthy enough but when you begin to concentrate more on them than you do about Hibs it cannot be right. The OP on this thread for example. Why post that on the morning of a Hibs game?

Agreed. Motherwell-Hibs is where the focus should be.

Thecat23
28-10-2017, 09:30 AM

Can see what your saying, I think Hibs can win today btw, worst a draw! I know Well are on a good run but if we play like we did on Tuesday we Hibs will win this. 👍🏼

J-C
28-10-2017, 09:31 AM
TBH Hearts have a big bill to pay for Murrayfield and with it being a 68k stadium it'll make little difference.

NAE NOOKIE
28-10-2017, 09:34 AM

I honestly think the Yams are getting discussed more at the moment because Hibs are so stable. There's not too much to complain about, we have a settled squad, our finances appear to be in decent health, our crowds are nothing short of amazing compared to the last few decades and the folk running the place appear to have finally found a formula which works well for the club .... we aren't perfect by any means, so much so that we are far from guaranteed a result at Fir Park this afternoon, but we are so much better than we were.

So where do we turn for amusement after we have exhausted talk about formations, team selection and when the helipad will be built? Why the Yams of course, a club who spent decades revelling in our misery and their financially doped derby domination. They are currently providing so much materiel for those of us who like to have a laugh at their expense and for those of us who love to shove karma down their throats that its neigh on impossible to resist.

Its not obsession mate its payback ........ and long may it continue :aok:

Diclonius
28-10-2017, 09:38 AM
Who cares about Hearts?

We beat them, they're back in their box until 27th December. What they do in their spare time is of no concern.

lapsedhibee
28-10-2017, 09:39 AM
Today is the day Hearts trully sell their soul and allow 14k (fourteen thousand) away fans into Murrayfield for their league fixture. I believe this is a new record away attendance for the top flight the Gorgie Galacticos are allowing to happen. It reminds me of Bonnyrigg Rose giving Hibs two stands at the PBS last season. Well done to the famous HMFC. Another first.

Unlikely. In the Deid Rangers v Celtc 118,567 crowd at Ibrox, there would have been more than 14k away supporters.

SirDavidsNapper
28-10-2017, 09:40 AM

Because it's pay back time and they deserve to get the urine extracted. We've also just owned them yet again in the derby. The exact same would happen over there if roles were reversed. For what it's worth Hibs are my number one concern but I will never tire of having a wee chuckle at them.

Brooster
28-10-2017, 10:01 AM
Top 5 threads on this forum at the moment are all about them. A few hours before Hibs kick off. Thats wrong.

Eyrie
28-10-2017, 10:06 AM
You make it sound like it's Mickey Mouse :greengrin

And that their cash flow is Donald Ducked.

Onion
28-10-2017, 10:16 AM
It's a Hun LoveFest at Rugger Central featuring the full rendition of their repugnant, bigoted (and supposedly illegal )song sheet.

That's all the Yams have left and all Sevco can do to ease their pain :rolleyes:

Keith_M
28-10-2017, 10:23 AM
They're already bragging about having an attendance of 32,000, conveniently forgetting that the only reason is that almost half are visiting fans.

I'd actually be very surprised if as many as 18k Hearts Fans actually turn up.

Roxyhibee
28-10-2017, 10:29 AM
Ach nothing wrong with a wee poke at them, especially since The Yams are living in interestingly stressed oot times just now - the boys doing it on this thread are good contributors to all things Hibs too.

stantonsboots
28-10-2017, 10:42 AM
Unlikely. In the Deid Rangers v Celtc 118,567 crowd at Ibrox, there would have been more than 14k away supporters.rangers and celtic both won the league at easter road in the 70s. Both would have had more than 14k(no tickets in them days).

Keith_M
28-10-2017, 10:44 AM
rangers and celtic both won the league at easter road in the 70s. Both would have had more than 14k(no tickets in them days).

Was just thinking the same thing. I'm sure they both brought 20-30k to Easter Road to see them win the title.

They also used to take 30-40k to each other's ground in Old Firm Derbies.

stonewaller1875
28-10-2017, 10:59 AM
Today is the day Hearts trully sell their soul and allow 14k (fourteen thousand) away fans into Murrayfield for their league fixture. I believe this is a new record away attendance for the top flight the Gorgie Galacticos are allowing to happen. It reminds me of Bonnyrigg Rose giving Hibs two stands at the PBS last season. Well done to the famous HMFC. Another first.I expect 20,000 Hibs fans at murrayfield come the 27th December when the old Portobello high school stand still isn't finished. [emoji172]

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk