PDA

View Full Version : Fontaine and McGregor

eastcoasthibby
28-10-2017, 07:43 AM
Anyone got any idea where these guys are with their recovery from injury ? All pretty quiet about them.

Big_Franck
28-10-2017, 07:55 AM
Anyone got any idea where these guys are with their recovery from injury ? All pretty quiet about them.

Lennon said in his pre-match Motherwell interview that McGregor might be back after the international break in November. Didn't mention Fontaine though and I think he's at least a month away.

Captain Trips
28-10-2017, 08:16 AM
Tough but interesting times ahead as its a fitness fight and a fight to actually get a game.

Bostonhibby
28-10-2017, 08:20 AM
Both players who have a lot to offer us, Daz has been missed and the sooner he is back contending for his place the better, there have been times where I'd happily have settled for Fonts in defence as well, with Porteous deservedly knocking at the door we could well have an embarrassment of riches available to us.

GreenNWhiteArmy
28-10-2017, 09:02 AM
I was slightly worried heading in to the derby when the team was announced. With 2 of the back 3 (whitty and efe) prone to a defensive brain fart.

Rumour has it efe simply put his strip back on the peg ready to wear next game. He strolled it.

We've got an embarrassment of riches defensively when everyone is fit. NL must feel vindicated in bringing in the extra cover in the summer as it's been needed.

Be great to have the 2 back. From seeing how fonts is on twitter, even having him around the club is good for morale. A real team spirit we've got right now

heretoday
28-10-2017, 09:21 AM
Efe is big leggy.

NAE NOOKIE
28-10-2017, 10:03 AM
Our embarrassment of riches at centre half has proved invaluable .... its pretty good to know that even though we have two guys out injured who you wouldn't moan about seeing in the team we still have a pretty solid pairing, and getting better all the time, in Hanlon and Ambrose and with a very promising youngster in Porteous in an emergency.

There's no doubt that down the line we are going to need both McGregor and Fontaine so the quicker they get fit and up to speed the better .. but its good to know we don't have to rush them.

neil7908
28-10-2017, 10:13 AM
A few weeks ago I'd have had Cardenden back in the team.

Not so sure any more. Efe and Hanlon have been steadily improving as a pair and I'd keep them together unless things change.

oneone73
28-10-2017, 10:30 AM

Not so sure any more. Efe and Hanlon have been steadily improving as a pair and I'd keep them together unless things change.

Desperately trying to figure out Cardenden is in the mad world of predictive text!

calumhibee1
28-10-2017, 10:33 AM
Desperately trying to figure out Cardenden is in the mad world of predictive text!

Likewise, it's nowhere near any of the three defenders that aren't playing right now. :confused::greengrin

neil7908
28-10-2017, 10:36 AM

Hahaha, I'd meant to type McGregor - I have no idea where that came from! Really need to read my posts again before publishing!

--------
28-10-2017, 10:38 AM

Who OR WHAT the peep's CARDENDEN???????????? :confused:

--------
28-10-2017, 10:40 AM
Hahaha, I'd meant to type McGregor - I have no idea where that came from! Really need to read my posts again before publishing!

That's worse. How do you get from McGregor to Cardenden? :faf:

neil7908
28-10-2017, 10:50 AM
That's worse. How do you get from McGregor to Cardenden? :faf:

I don't even know who or what Cardenden is or when I would have typed it...

CropleyWasGod
28-10-2017, 11:10 AM
I don't even know who or what Cardenden is or when I would have typed it...It's a dormitory town for Cowdenbeath 🤣

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

--------
28-10-2017, 11:26 AM
It's a dormitory town for Cowdenbeath 🤣

It's a what? Who works in Cowdenbeath? Cowdenbeath IS a dormitory town. The whole of West Fife's a dormitory for somewhere else.

Except for Methil. It's a vomitory.

And how do you get from a "former mining village" in Darkest Fife to Darren McGregor?

CropleyWasGod
28-10-2017, 11:35 AM
It's a what? Who works in Cowdenbeath? Cowdenbeath IS a dormitory town. The whole of West Fife's a dormitory for somewhere else.

Except for Methil. It's a vomitory.

And how do you get from a "former mining village" in Darkest Fife to Darren McGregor?Darren never gives a thing away.

--------
28-10-2017, 11:37 AM
Darren never gives a thing away.

Well, the quicker he and Fonts are fit and playing again, the better.