PDA

View Full Version : Motherwell game a tougher fixture than the derby?

G B Young
27-10-2017, 10:11 AM
Another tough test tomorrow as part of a very tough run of fixtures. Motherwell are a decent side and clearly a lot stronger than Hearts. They'll be on a high after Hampden last Sunday and Moult is obviously a big danger. It was great to see us win both the mental and physical battle as well as playing the better football on Tuesday but we'll need to turn in a strong showing to take anything from Fir Park. If we can do so and follow up some more points at Killie next Tuesday it would give us a really strong platform from which to make some real headway the second quarter of the season. There were a number of games in the first quarter where we really should have taken three points but had to settle for one and I hope we're now starting to gel to the extent we can turn those draws into wins.

1van Sprou7e
27-10-2017, 10:21 AM
Motherwell are significantly better than hearts, 4 wins in a row and just 1 defeat in 10

Obviously there's less pressure than there was for the derby but we'll do well to get a result here

lord bunberry
27-10-2017, 10:22 AM
It will be a tough game, but a winnable one. We need to start racking up the wins and put some distance between us and the teams below us. In my mind there’s 5 teams that are going to move away from the others, ourselves, Motherwell, Aberdeen, Rangers and Celtic. It’s time for us to move into top gear, it’s hammer time.

SChibs
27-10-2017, 10:30 AM
Motherwell good odds for this 12/5, hibs are 11/10

Hibbyradge
27-10-2017, 10:46 AM

5/2 with sunbets.

That's astonishing.

Brightside
27-10-2017, 10:47 AM
On all current form Motherwell should be favourites.

27-10-2017, 11:09 AM
Hearts have been the worst team we've played in the league so they've all been tougher than the derby. I would have said Kilmarnock might be easier but with the new manager bounce effect that might not be the case. Livi were tougher too.

WRTC

Tyler Durden
27-10-2017, 11:11 AM

Those odds look ridiculous but then I suppose we are unbeaten away so far.

Have we lost an away game this calendar year in the league?

SirDavidsNapper
27-10-2017, 11:13 AM
There's Hearts and there's Motherwell. Motherwell are 3rd in the table for a reason and we were very fortunate to draw with them a few weeks ago. Hearts are just mince.

Souter96Mac
27-10-2017, 11:17 AM
Hopefully we continue our away form tomorrow. Don't think motherwell have been playing quality football, but they've been grinding the results out. Not convinced by their defence as well, hopefully our pace in attack can cause them problems.

Firestarter
27-10-2017, 11:28 AM
Hopefully we continue our away form tomorrow. Don't think motherwell have been playing quality football, but they've been grinding the results out. Not convinced by their defence as well, hopefully our pace in attack can cause them problems.

They utterly horsed Aberdeen in the cup.

Lets hope we set up correctly tomorrow and don't let them bully us. Same team as Tuesday for me.

Islington Hibs
27-10-2017, 11:29 AM
Very big test. I still see no reason why we can't end up in the top three but if that is the case one point is the bare minimum and if we mean business it has to be a win. I think we will do it!

Smartie
27-10-2017, 11:43 AM
It's a tough game.

Totally different test to the derby - we're playing a much better team but without the extra pressure of it being a derby, and all that goes with that.

I've been impressed by Motherwell, but we should remember that we managed to get into a winning 2-0 position against them the last time we played them only to throw that away.

I've thought we've looked more like a team over the past few weeks and I don't think we've got anything to fear from anyone.

A point would be a pretty good result though.

I reckon Celtic will win the league by a mile, Aberdeen will be far behind but a good bit ahead of everyone else. Next up could be anyone from us, Sevco and Motherwell then I think Hearts and St Johnstone will fight it out for 6th. Anything could happen with the other teams.

Sprouleflyer
27-10-2017, 11:48 AM
Tough game and away from home but on the road we are playing some good football. We might be the team to burst Motherwell’s deserved bubble, fingers crossed for that.

LEaston87
27-10-2017, 12:30 PM
I'm confident. If Hanlon and Ambrose keep playing the way they have been recently we should be able to handle Moult a lot better than last time - but both him and their other striker seem to link up well. Hopefully Rocky is more confident this time after his clean sheet against Hearts. Barker seems to be getting better with each game too.. bring on the Well :flag:

Keith_M
27-10-2017, 12:38 PM
As the league table indicates, Motherwell are a much harder prospect.

The game we had against them previously was quite a battle.

HH81
27-10-2017, 12:42 PM
Is stokes back in the team?

NAE NOOKIE
27-10-2017, 12:45 PM
Considering last season Motherwell are the surprise package so far, definitely a tougher test than the derby was. Motherwell clearly know how to dish out the physical stuff so playing the Yams was as good a preparation as we could have got for this one.

Its a hard one to call and I think we will have to be at our very best to get a win .... a draw wouldn't be the worst result in the world, but a win would set a real marker.

JimBHibees
27-10-2017, 12:51 PM

Still injured.

1van Sprou7e
27-10-2017, 12:51 PM

Nope Murray will start

--------
27-10-2017, 03:33 PM
This will be a tough old game, you bet. :agree:

RoYO!
27-10-2017, 03:38 PM
I certainly don't expect Motherwell to win. We're finishing above them this season. May not see a hibs win. But nothing to fear.

Sir David Gray
27-10-2017, 03:45 PM
Motherwell are a far better side than Hearts and in Louis Moult they have one of the best strikers in Scotland just now.

Hearts have Kyle Lafferty...

Blaster
27-10-2017, 03:45 PM
I certainly don't expect Motherwell to win. We're finishing above them this season. May not see a hibs win. But nothing to fear.

So you fancy a draw then 👍

RoYO!
27-10-2017, 04:28 PM
So you fancy a draw then 👍

Could well be. No pun intended. They have thrown together what seems to be a good squad, but the way people are talking, we are underdogs. Don't see it that way tbh.

sundo1875
27-10-2017, 04:30 PM
Those odds look ridiculous but then I suppose we are unbeaten away so far.

Have we lost an away game this calendar year in the league?

Lost to St Mirren in March

IlDiavola
27-10-2017, 04:36 PM
Not an easy one at all.

Would take a draw.

Wilson
27-10-2017, 04:38 PM

They were 13/8 AWAY to Dundee during the week - too good a price to pass up.

12/5 is a cracking price for this. I'll pass this time though and hope hibs do the business!

Jim44
27-10-2017, 04:57 PM
Ridiculous odds for Motherwell. They have to be favourites. We will have to outscore them in what I think will be a high scoring game.

superfurryhibby
27-10-2017, 05:21 PM
I hope our fine away form sees us as take at least a point. To answer the question, yes the Mothers are considerably more Inventive than Hearts.