PDA

View Full Version : NHC Pubs to watch football

Nakedmanoncrack
27-10-2017, 08:57 AM
Got some Yorkshire visitors up this weekend, looking for a pub in town to watch Leeds v Sheffield Utd on Sky tonight. Any recommendations of somewhere decent to watch?

Carheenlea
27-10-2017, 09:08 AM
Got some Yorkshire visitors up this weekend, looking for a pub in town to watch Leeds v Sheffield Utd on Sky tonight. Any recommendations of somewhere decent to watch?

Cask & Barrel on Broughton Street is a decent spot. A few televisions dotted about and good beer. Proper Edinburgh pub for your Yorkshire friends.

JimBHibees
27-10-2017, 09:13 AM
Cask & Barrel on Broughton Street is a decent spot. A few televisions dotted about and good beer. Proper Edinburgh pub for your Yorkshire friends.

Would agree.

Nakedmanoncrack
27-10-2017, 09:37 AM

Cheers, not been in there for a while.
Will give them a shout and check that they are showing it.

Bostonhibby
27-10-2017, 09:44 AM
Cask & Barrel on Broughton Street is a decent spot. A few televisions dotted about and good beer. Proper Edinburgh pub for your Yorkshire friends.Agree with that. Good shout for beer and watching telly.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

heretoday
27-10-2017, 09:52 AM

I'd agree though I prefer the one in West Preston St.

bingo70
27-10-2017, 09:53 AM
Does that place that replaced sportsters on Market street have tv’s?

Nakedmanoncrack
27-10-2017, 10:02 AM

Thought about Brewhemia, never been in since it was Sportsters though.

heretoday
27-10-2017, 10:09 AM

Brewhemia. Dunno about TVs but it's not a sportsman's bar. I got the impression they were trying to go upmarket a bit but I was only there briefly at lunchtime.

rodhibs55
27-10-2017, 11:34 AM
The Chanter on Bread Street is pretty good. Big place and multiple screens. Close to all the tourist action to.

Bishop Hibee
27-10-2017, 11:42 AM
Trying to find s decent bar in town to watch football is increasingly difficult. A well run large sports bar would make a fortune I’d have thought.

Lendo
27-10-2017, 11:46 AM
Phoenix is always good for the football if you are down Broughton Street way.

hibee62
27-10-2017, 11:49 AM
Brewhemia. Dunno about TVs but it's not a sportsman's bar. I got the impression they were trying to go upmarket a bit but I was only there briefly at lunchtime.

Popped in for one after the semi final last weekend and couldn’t see any TVs. Doesn’t seem like the sort of place that would have them.

green&left
27-10-2017, 11:51 AM
Phoenix is always good for the football if you are down Broughton Street way.

Agree but unfortunately it closed down a fortnight back.

KWJ
27-10-2017, 11:57 AM
Noooooooooooooo.

😯

Pretty Boy
27-10-2017, 12:05 PM

No, although they are getting a big screen for the 6 Nations :rolleyes:

bingo70
27-10-2017, 12:16 PM

The Phoenix bar closed a fortnight ago?

Surely not?

Joe6-2
27-10-2017, 12:22 PM

Has it really? That's bad news

green&left
27-10-2017, 12:30 PM
The Phoenix bar closed a fortnight ago?

Surely not?

Aye. Was in before the dons at home and they were giving away pints for £2.50. Closed its doors on the Sunday and hasn't opened since i'm afraid. Hoepfully someone else takes over as its one of the best pubs in the area for the fitba. Heard the brewery (punch taverns) were ripping the piss and the Welsh folk that ran it told them to shove it...

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-10-2017, 01:20 PM

If you are towards the dark side of town give Platform 5 a try.

Nakedmanoncrack
27-10-2017, 02:24 PM
If you are towards the dark side of town give Platform 5 a try.

Good shout, close to me, hadnt thought of there.

cabbageandribs1875
27-10-2017, 02:25 PM
mon Super Leeds, the bestest club in all of Yorkshire

marching on together

Hibernia&Alba
27-10-2017, 02:30 PM

You'll be buying the drinks all night. They're tighter than two coats of paint in Yorkshire.

Iain G
27-10-2017, 02:34 PM
I was in the pub that was the Jekyll and Hyde (the Hanover Tap?) on Saturday and they had a few TV's around with the football on, including two big screens in the main area, also a nice range of craft beers :agree:

First choice would be the Cask and Barrel for me though.

Nakedmanoncrack
27-10-2017, 02:41 PM
You'll be buying the drinks all night. They're tighter than two coats of paint in Yorkshire.

Not in my experience to be fair, though a Blades win might help ensure there will be plenty drinks getting bought :cheers:

Hibernia&Alba
27-10-2017, 02:45 PM
Not in my experience to be fair, though a Blades win might help ensure there will be plenty drinks getting bought :cheers:

I remember in my undergraduate days, a lad from Yorkshire who used to come to the pub with a group us. He wouldn't join a round but only bought his own when he needed one. Very short arms and very long pockets :greengrin And they say Scots are tight!

Hope the Blades win. I'd support Hearts against Leeds. I also had a Blades supporting pal at uni, and he was a cracking lad.