PDA

View Full Version : Another lift from Kickback - penny is finally dropping

hibby6270
26-10-2017, 09:38 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/173032-players-must-leave-before-any-january-recruitment/

Just had a wee keek at Kickback. The realisation that all is not rosy on the financial front in Gorgie is summed up perfectly in the above thread.

Cost of stand £3-5 mill (at least) over budget.

Poor player recruitment in last 4 or 5 transfer windows. No budget ongoing unless they can punt some of the dross wage thiefs they have on their books.

Delusional thoughts that increased hospitality revenue because of new stand’s facilities is going to bring in £millions.

Finally admitting to having to go through another 2 or 3 years (at least) of mediocrity on the park while the financials are “sorted out”.
It all makes very, very pleasant reading. You can almost feel the enthusiasm of their blinkered fans slowly draining away from their twirly maroon scarf wearing bodies.

-Jonesy-
26-10-2017, 09:46 PM
Jeezo. Remember the days of Bednar, Pospisil, Skacel, Brellier and Hartley.

Remember the days that forced us into administration and left us playing within our means?

Penny clearly not dropping for this dunce

Firestarter
26-10-2017, 09:50 PM
Welcome to the real world you bunch of cheating cretins. I hope it's hurting every single last one of them.

Onion
26-10-2017, 10:02 PM
Yams are in a horrible place - likely to get worse before it gets better. Sevco the same. Both having to pay their way, but with fans still living in the doping years.

Deluded Yams demand the humbling of Hibs 4 times a season, despite struggling to compete let alone win a game. And no amount of fancy new stands will ease the pain of May 2016.

Huns are fantasists, thinking they can compete with Celtic. No magic hat, magic wand or decent manager will make that happen.

Kato
26-10-2017, 10:10 PM
What a whopper.

Noring
Nowak
Grzelak
Buaben
Martin
Beith
Sammon try force a sale through if possible.
Walker maybe as well? Would it be worth cashing in on him in January rather than lose him for free in summer. Is he likely to be the difference in us finishing in European place or winning the cup or not?

poolman
26-10-2017, 10:27 PM
What a whopper.

Noring
Nowak
Grzelak
Buaben
Martin
Beith
Sammon try force a sale through if possible.
Walker maybe as well? Would it be worth cashing in on him in January rather than lose him for free in summer. Is he likely to be the difference in us finishing in European place or winning the cup or not?

Who would want any of that lot apart from maybe the likes of maybe Bonnyrigg Rose or Musselburgh Athletic

( No disrespect to these teams )

NAE NOOKIE
26-10-2017, 10:57 PM
The penny finally appears to be dropping and more to the point the reality of what this now massively expensive new stand will actually deliver. Will it mean extra fans because of the increased capacity? that's extremely open to question given the unrest that is clearly building over the lack of quality on the field.

Hibs have had excellent corporate facilities for years, but even we have to think out of the box in order to squeeze every ounce of revenue we can out of them .... I highly doubt they are a massive money spinner in relation to the overall budget, it says everything that a fans bar which was regularly packed out on match days has been closed because renting the space to an outside non football related entity was far more lucrative. I think the Yams are in for a shock if they think this part of their project is going to be a huge money spinner.

One thing I did notice was somebody saying Levin only spends two days a week with the first team and nobody many posts later had contradicted him .... If that's true they really are running the place like a pub league outfit :faf:

I'm_cabbaged
27-10-2017, 04:41 AM
In his pre match interview he said his role was far different than before as in had a team behind him that he could leave with the team so sounds true.

JimBHibees
27-10-2017, 06:12 AM
In his pre match interview he said his role was far different than before as in had a team behind him that he could leave with the team so sounds true.

You have got to wonder what else he is doing then.

Joe6-2
27-10-2017, 06:19 AM

Taking them for a ride, by the sounds of it!

iwasthere1972
27-10-2017, 06:20 AM

Ordering the chips. That's a big role. Or should that be roll.

weecounty hibby
27-10-2017, 06:22 AM
Peeling tatties and fitting seats. Very very slowly

BSEJVT
27-10-2017, 07:14 AM

I suspect its only of them he is taking for a ride :-)

Iain G
27-10-2017, 07:20 AM

He is Dictator of Football remember! He is probably spending 3 days a week writing notes to himself and then finding someone to pass them on to, umm, himself...

Also in reality how does it take two days a week to teach the players how to hoooooooooof?!? :greengrin

Callum_62
27-10-2017, 07:47 AM

I did think his pre match derby interview was strangely deflated and pessimistic

Thought at that moment that we likely have this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lapsedhibee
27-10-2017, 07:51 AM
One thing I did notice was somebody saying Levin only spends two days a week with the first team and nobody many posts later had contradicted him .... If that's true they really are running the place like a pub league outfit :faf:

Maybe trialling the idea of the club going part-time for a few years to 'sort out the financials'? :dunno:

I'm_cabbaged
27-10-2017, 08:57 AM

Maybe budgie is making sure that his time is “tied up”?

Sioux
27-10-2017, 09:07 AM
It looks as though they have only just become aware that Budgie's Hibby brother is the main contractor. That news was floating about prior to the start of the build was it not? Surely they have not had their heads in the sand?

Kato
27-10-2017, 09:48 AM
It looks as though they have only just become aware that Budgie's Hibby brother is the main contractor. That news was floating about prior to the start of the build was it not? Surely they have not had their heads in the sand?

He's not. He only did the temp stuff in the Wheatfield.

jacomo
27-10-2017, 11:22 AM

You don't need a main contractor when Mrs Budge is in charge!

On budget, on time, and architecturally stunning... "Now that's a new stand project!"

Joe6-2
27-10-2017, 12:30 PM

It's usually there, or up their ar*e

Gmack7
27-10-2017, 01:05 PM
He's not. He only did the temp stuff in the Wheatfield.

He's also working in the new stand and will be till March

Iain G
27-10-2017, 02:30 PM
You don't need a main contractor when Mrs Budge is in charge!

On budget, on time, and architecturally stunning... "Now that's a new stand project!"

I think the main contractor is called "Budget, Bodge It and Badge It" :greengrin

Kato
27-10-2017, 03:30 PM
He's also working in the new stand and will be till March

Hope he spends some of the proceeds on hospitality at ER.