PDA

View Full Version : Compliance officer/Bans/Reports

MSK
26-10-2017, 03:43 PM
Who actually reports these to the compliance officer/panel, is it officials in the stand, opposite team officials, media ?

There must be hundreds of complaints week after week but we only seem to hear of one or two bans etc. Alves was offered a two match ban for his kick at Moult which was obviously reported but if so why did Ryan Bowman escape punishment ?

green day
26-10-2017, 03:46 PM
Who actually reports these to the compliance officer/panel, is it officials in the stand, opposite team officials, media ?

There must be hundreds of complaints week after week but we only seem to hear of one or two bans etc. Alves was offered a two match ban for his kick at Moult which was obviously reported but if so why did Ryan Bowman escape punishment ?

You could also ask the same thing about that wee Hearts fanny that tried to half McGinn.

JimBHibees
26-10-2017, 03:47 PM
You could also ask the same thing about that wee Hearts fanny that tried to half McGinn.

and Laughterty. Cochrane cant be done as ref gave him a yellow which makes no sense as it was clearly a wrong decision by the ref.

green day
26-10-2017, 03:50 PM
and Laughterty. Cochrane cant be done as ref gave him a yellow which makes no sense as it was clearly a wrong decision by the ref.

Sorry you are 100% right I forgot about that.

Its a very wierd situation when someone completely unpunished can get a ban, but if a total zoomer like Dallas (who looks awfy like Holly Johnston from FGTH by the way) holds up a yellow there is nothing to be done.

I am sure we have benefited from it in the past, but the rule is mental.

Billy Whizz
26-10-2017, 03:51 PM

Bowman wasn’t offered one I believe, as his wasn’t considered as being intentional, although it was a nasty injury
If a player looks at an opponent, and then elbows them, it’s intent. If they elbow them without looking, it’s not
That’s my understanding of it
Anyone feel free to correct me or not

JimBHibees
26-10-2017, 03:52 PM
Bowman wasn’t offered one I believe, as his wasn’t considered as being intentional, although it was a nasty injury
If a player looks at an opponent, and then elbows them, it’s intent. If they elbow them without looking, it’s not
Anyone feel free to correct me or not

That is word for word what an SFA insider had told bbc sportsound before the game on tuesday. Lafferty is bang to rights then.

Booked4Being-Ugly
26-10-2017, 03:52 PM
I haven't heard any more about the big lanky streak of pure p!ss that is Kyle Lafferty's elbow on Ambrose 10 yards on front of the ref.

Is this even being looked at?

Smartie
26-10-2017, 03:57 PM

I'm sure I heard that that was because of the SNP/ IRA / SFA conspiracy, which is an all out attack on Rangers, their traditions, the Royal family, Ulster, Andy Cameron and protestants everywhere.

Argylehibby
26-10-2017, 04:49 PM
I haven't heard any more about the big lanky streak of pure p!ss that is Kyle Lafferty's elbow on Ambrose 10 yards on front of the ref.

Is this even being looked at?

Not like me to defend the ref but this assault was behind the refs back. He was on his way to lecture Marvin for fouling one of them when the coward saw his opportunity to do Efe.

Billy Whizz
26-10-2017, 04:56 PM
Not like me to defend the ref but this assault was behind the refs back. He was on his way to lecture Marvin for fouling one of them when the coward saw his opportunity to do Efe.

http://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/hibs-star-taunts-lafferty-as-hearts-striker-may-face-ban-following-edinburgh-derby-36262557.html

Kato
26-10-2017, 05:33 PM

Which is where the compliance officer should come in and stamp his authority, or not as in this case. We can't even get a retrospective red against them these days, males the '00's seem like an era in which we were treated fairly.

MSK
26-10-2017, 06:19 PM
Anyone feel free to correct me or notFootage, ie video evidence must be produced though, If for example an incident happens in front of the cameras then the evidence will be there, but who reports it ?( If the Ref & Officials miss it) Moreso if its a game that isnt covered by cameras whos job is it to report such issues ?

Alves kicks Moult, Moult kicks back, Alves given offer of 2 game ban.
Ryan Bowman forearm smash on more than one occassion gets off scot free, and not for the first time this season.

The wee hearts prick that tried to halve McGinn & got away with it.

26-10-2017, 06:33 PM
http://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/hibs-star-taunts-lafferty-as-hearts-striker-may-face-ban-following-edinburgh-derby-36262557.html

Good. Can he get punished for the one on Hanlon in the first half as well?

WRTC

Firestarter
26-10-2017, 06:42 PM
Isn't there a two day deadline or something? Should get him banned for his hun reunion Saturday.

jabis
26-10-2017, 07:42 PM

:greengrin
Don't usually like all the Twitter guano,nice one squirrel

macca70
26-10-2017, 08:55 PM
The rule that if the ref books a player, the incident can’t be reviewed by the compliance officer, is completely ridiculous and doesn’t make any sense whatsoever. Who at the SFA is making these decisions?

Because he books the player doesn’t mean he has fully seen a situation or read the situation correctly. A wrong decision is a wrong decision whether someone is booked or not.

s.a.m
26-10-2017, 09:42 PM
The rule that if the ref books a player, the incident can’t be reviewed by the compliance officer, is completely ridiculous and doesn’t make any sense whatsoever. Who at the SFA is making these decisions?

Because he books the player doesn’t mean he has fully seen a situation or read the situation correctly. A wrong decision is a wrong decision whether someone is booked or not.

I agree with you that it's completely ridiculous. However, at the time that retrospective punishment was being considered, they were determined to hang on to the principle that the referee's decision is final. So, if he's dealt with it, his decision has to be deemed to be correct. Even if it's not. Things he hasn't seen at the time are 'fresh evidence', as it were, and can be considered by him after the match. It seem a bit like principle for the sake of it, though.
I don't see why the referee can't be allowed to say that, in the light of television evidence and a better view of the incident, he would have made a different decision.

McSwanky
27-10-2017, 12:29 PM
So does anyone actually know if Lafferty has been cited or not? Blimmin disgrace if he hasn't.

Ozyhibby
27-10-2017, 01:12 PM
So does anyone actually know if Lafferty has been cited or not? Blimmin disgrace if he hasn't.

Looks like not. If it’s not highlighted on sportscene then it usually gets ignored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CropleyWasGod
27-10-2017, 01:37 PM

The problem will be if no cameras saw it. Without that evidence, no action can be taken.

JeMeSouviens
27-10-2017, 01:39 PM
The problem will be if no cameras saw it. Without that evidence, no action can be taken.

The Sun has a vid:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1748083/hearts-kyle-lafferty-sfa-elbow-hibs-efe-ambrose/

The angle from behind the goal seems to show Lafferty tilt his head to see where Efe is, that is supposed to be the criterion for making it a "violent" rather than "reckless" action.

CropleyWasGod
27-10-2017, 01:51 PM
The Sun has a vid:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1748083/hearts-kyle-lafferty-sfa-elbow-hibs-efe-ambrose/

The angle from behind the goal seems to show Lafferty tilt his head to see where Efe is, that is supposed to be the criterion for making it a "violent" rather than "reckless" action.

Cheers for that. Didn't know that was around.

Is that Jock Brown commentating?

NAE NOOKIE
27-10-2017, 02:18 PM
The Sun has a vid:

Clearly knew what he was doing .... frustration caused by being "on the right side" of the Edinburgh derby I presume :greengrin

27-10-2017, 03:17 PM
And the Hanlon one was shown on BT Sports at least 3 times.

WeveGotMcginn
27-10-2017, 03:22 PM
And the Hanlon one was shown on BT Sports at least 3 times.

Not managed to see the one on hanlon again- has anyone got a video of it ? Looked a sore one at the match

Eyrie
27-10-2017, 05:45 PM
Not managed to see the one on hanlon again- has anyone got a video of it ? Looked a sore one at the match

It's on the BBC highlights at 45 seconds (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/41744255).

They don't show the elbow on Ambrose however.

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-10-2017, 09:53 PM
He's got away with two elbows and a blatant middle finger gesture to Celtic fans during the first game of the season. Leigh was cited twice for similar gestures, one to his own fans ffs. Lafferty is an utter scrotum of a guy. Even before he signed for them, just a truly dislikable prick.

CA Hibby
27-10-2017, 10:16 PM

It was so obvious even Stevie Wonder saw it:wink:

CropleyWasGod
27-10-2017, 10:23 PM
It was so obvious even Stevie Wonder saw it:wink:Behave [emoji16]

Wallace Mercer saw it, though.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Deansy
27-10-2017, 10:24 PM
The Sun has a vid:

Looking at that I think the ref pssibly just missed it ?. Looking like the ****'s go away with it - doesn't the compliance-guy usually cite them within 48 hours ??

27-10-2017, 10:35 PM
The defence is usually that the arm was up and the movement of the elbow is because it is a natural action when trying to get extra leverage whilst jumping. Lafferty's feet don't leave the ground when he's assaulting Ambrose.

eastcoasthibby
28-10-2017, 07:59 AM
I agree with you that it's completely ridiculous. However, at the time that retrospective punishment was being considered, they were determined to hang on to the principle that the referee's decision is final. So, if he's dealt with it, his decision has to be deemed to be correct. Even if it's not. Things he hasn't seen at the time are 'fresh evidence', as it were, and can be considered by him after the match. It seem a bit like principle for the sake of it, though.
I don't see why the referee can't be allowed to say that, in the light of television evidence and a better view of the incident, he would have made a different decision.

Am I right in believing that a straight red can be reduced to a yellow on appeal, so if thats the case how does the retrospective review process not work in the reverse, if the ref has made a decision to only give a yellow and on review it should have been a red ...or does this happen and I am missing it ?

lord bunberry
28-10-2017, 09:27 AM
Am I right in believing that a straight red can be reduced to a yellow on appeal, so if thats the case how does the retrospective review process not work in the reverse, if the ref has made a decision to only give a yellow and on review it should have been a red ...or does this happen and I am missing it ?
The team who’s player was red carded has to appeal the red card. I’m guessing it’s never happened, but I suppose in theory a team could contact the compliance officer and ask for a yellow card offence to be looked at.

Eyrie
28-10-2017, 09:58 AM
The defence is usually that the arm was up and the movement of the elbow is because it is a natural action when trying to get extra leverage whilst jumping. Lafferty's feet don't leave the ground when he's assaulting Ambrose.

Lafferty had a good long look as well before flinging his arm out.

100% intentional, but his manager will be proud that Lafferty was "brave enough" to attack a player physically on the pitch as opposed to simply responding to the taunts of opposing fans on Twitter.

eastcoasthibby
28-10-2017, 12:15 PM
Lafferty had a good long look as well before flinging his arm out.

100% intentional, but his manager will be proud that Lafferty was "brave enough" to attack a player physically on the pitch as opposed to simply responding to the taunts of opposing fans on Twitter.

Lafferty did similar in the first half to Hanlon with an arm you could.see him look over hus shoulder see Hanlon and then put his arm out across his face ..just as ball was arriving ..intent was there but not same connection

eastcoasthibby
28-10-2017, 12:27 PM
On the way to the game.on Tuesday I was listening to the discussion on Sportsound about the Vaughan incident and apparently the difference.between violent conduct and.reckless is about the intent, with it being referred to that there was no evidence.to say Vaughan did it with intent example given was did not look to see if the the RAnkgers.player was there before using his elbow it wasn't violent,, but it was reckless in the way he used his elbow !! As the pundits stated at the time, that rational thats being used by the compliance officer is nonsense as any and.almost all players know and can feel/sense.where.there opponent is when that close they don't need to look ....so if we.take.that explaination from the compliance.side.of the.SFA the Lafferty is gulity as sin of violent conduct ...the real point I am making is if the compliance officer is making decisions on that basis how naive is he ?? And.it.leaves the opportunity open to players to do what.they want as long as they aren't looking and eyeing.up the.victim !!

Conj
28-10-2017, 12:35 PM
On the way to the game.on Tuesday I was listening to the discussion on Sportsound about the Vaughan incident and apparently the difference.between violent conduct and.reckless is about the intent, with it being referred to that there was no evidence.to say Vaughan did it with intent example given was did not look to see if the the RAnkgers.player was there before using his elbow it wasn't violent,, but it was reckless in the way he used his elbow !! As the pundits stated at the time, that rational thats being used by the compliance officer is nonsense as any and.almost all players know and can feel/sense.where.there opponent is when that close they don't need to look ....so if we.take.that explaination from the compliance.side.of the.SFA the Lafferty is gulity as sin of violent conduct ...the real point I am making is if the compliance officer is making decisions on that basis how naive is he ?? And.it.leaves the opportunity open to players to do what.they want as long as they aren't looking and eyeing.up the.victim !!

I've been saying that for years, commentators and pundits are forever going on about the vision and, more importantly, the peripheral vision of players when they want to talk about good football but as soon as it comes to criticising a player for assault, if the player isn't looking in the direction of an opponent then all of a sudden they can't see roundabout themselves so couldn't have meant it.

Eyrie
28-10-2017, 01:48 PM
Lafferty did similar in the first half to Hanlon with an arm you could.see him look over hus shoulder see Hanlon and then put his arm out across his face ..just as ball was arriving ..intent was there but not same connection

I posted a link to that earlier in this thread.

Meanwhile, the compliance officer does nothing which will only encourage thugs like Lafferty in their attempts to deliberately injure an opponent.