PDA

View Full Version : Joshua v Takam

CallumLaidlaw
26-10-2017, 02:08 PM
Probably won't be too much to say about this fight, but couple of half decent fights on the undercard.
AJ will expect to beat Takam fairly routinely, although Takam has never been stopped before.

Katie Taylor goes for her first world title in her 6th fight.

Khalid Yafai defends his WBA flyweight title against unbeaten Sho Ishida, although Ishida has never fought outside of Japan before.

Dillian Whyte vs. Robert Helenius, For vacant WBC Silver heavyweight belt. Closest fight of the night in the bookies eyes, but Whyte is still 1/5.

Pretty Boy
26-10-2017, 02:41 PM
Would expect to see AJ KO him mid to late rounds. He was Ko'd by Alexander Povetkin 2 or 3 years ago. It's not a particularly mouthwatering fight and, tbf to him, I don't think it's a fight AJ wanted.

CallumLaidlaw
26-10-2017, 02:42 PM
Would expect to see AJ KO him mid to late rounds. He was Ko'd by Alexander Povetkin 2 or 3 years ago. It's not a particularly mouthwatering fight and, tbf to him, I don't think it's a fight AJ wanted.

Yeah think he’s just interested in the big 2/3 fights that are out there for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_Exile
28-10-2017, 05:44 PM
I'll be amazed if it goes more than 3 or 4 rounds.

Mon Dieu4
28-10-2017, 07:24 PM
What a bodyshot by Katie Taylor, she has the best boxing skills on this card tonight

The_Exile
28-10-2017, 08:10 PM
Helenius absolutely schooling Whyte here.

The_Exile
28-10-2017, 08:26 PM
Helenius now looking like a guy that's taken a fight at 2 weeks notice! Whyte is gash though.

Speedy
28-10-2017, 08:32 PM
Who's up next, many fights to go before Joshua?

The_Exile
28-10-2017, 08:35 PM
Think Joe Cordina up next. Joshua fight has to start at half 10 for US TV I think.

David_D
28-10-2017, 08:38 PM
Whyte can forget about Wilder with this performance.

johnbc70
28-10-2017, 09:42 PM
Watching the fight on US Showtime, when they announced the judges at the start the scores flashed on the screen for a split second, bit strange... If the last judge scores one of the fighters 116 it's a fix!

Benny Brazil
28-10-2017, 09:43 PM
Problems for Joshua after that headbutt? Doesn't look as comfortable

Benny Brazil
28-10-2017, 09:46 PM
Or maybe not :)

Speedy
28-10-2017, 09:54 PM
Takam finished

Benny Brazil
28-10-2017, 09:58 PM
Credit to Takam here though surprised this is still going

Speedy
28-10-2017, 10:09 PM
Never a stoppage

easty
28-10-2017, 10:10 PM
Nae need to stop it. He's still putting up a fight.

Benny Brazil
28-10-2017, 10:11 PM
Ref stepped in way too early there

3pm
28-10-2017, 10:11 PM
Nae need to stop it. He's still putting up a fight.

Cash payment from Eddie Hearn! :o)

johnbc70
28-10-2017, 10:12 PM
Ref stepped in way too early there

Far too early. A pretty poor fight, but hard to beat his last one I guess.

lord bunberry
The apologists will be along soon to tell us why that was a legitimate stoppage, but I’m sorry, that was a premature stoppage.

Sir David Gray
I know nothing about boxing but that was a ridiculous decision by the referee.

WeveGotMcginn
28-10-2017, 10:13 PM
Joke of a stoppage, takum was putting up a very decent fight there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnbc70
The reply shows he was slipping those punches right at the end, he was not getting hit.

easty
Bellew and Froch making out like it's ok it's been stopped cos Joshua had it won anyway.

Nonsense.

Mon Dieu4
It was stopped too early but i can see why the ref stopped it, his eyes were ****ed and taking a few punches like that can really **** you up, they are making a judgement on someone's wellbeing, with some of the things that have happened lately then better safe than sorry

easty
28-10-2017, 10:15 PM
It was stopped too early but i can see why the ref stopped it, his eyes were ****ed and taking a few punches like that can really **** you up, they are making a judgement on someone's wellbeing, with some of the things that have happened lately then better safe than sorry

The doctor said he could go on, the ref doesn't know better.

Mon Dieu4
28-10-2017, 10:18 PM
The doctor said he could go on, the ref doesn't know better.

The Dr said he could go on two rounds previously, as I said I thought it was stopped early but it's not my job to make sure someone doesn't get a serious injury, could well have been a homer on behalf of AJ or could have been genuine concern for someone

lord bunberry
28-10-2017, 10:18 PM

Nonsense. If they’re making judgments based on boxers eyes then the games a bogey. He was slipping punches and still fighting back. There’s no doubt it was delaying the inevitable, but in heavyweight boxing Takam still had a chance.

matty_f
28-10-2017, 10:19 PM
Thought the ref stopped it too early but I reckon AJ was heading for a knock out anyway.

Pretty Boy
29-10-2017, 09:21 AM
Stoppage was early but can see why the ref made the decision. That eye was a mess and his vision on the side certainly appeared impaired to some degree.

Refs are in a horrible position as their decisions are hugely influential on a fighters welfare. Not so long ago a well respected Scottish referee, Victor Loughlin, was ref in 2 fights that saw fighters seriously injured. Nick Blackwell was left in an induced coma and Mike Towell collapsed and subsequently died. In both cases a Doctor was summomed and in both cases they ruled the fighter able to continue, in Blackwells case the Doctor was asked a 2nd time and stopped the fight. Loughlin was distraught in both cases and had to endure his integrity and ability being called into question. There was a social media hate campaign against him and more than one poster on here said he should never referee again. I wonder how many would have said he stopped both fights early had he stopped them a couple of rounds earlier and what the outcomes may have been?

Referees are instructed to be cautious and stop fights if they feel a boxer is impaired to the detriment of being able to protect themselves. Last night may have been early but allowing another minute or 2 was only postponing the inevitable. Do we really want to return to the days of guys taking 15-20 unanswered head shots before a ref steps in?

Tobias Funke
29-10-2017, 10:49 AM
Ideal scenario would be Parker v Wilder then winner of that fights Joshua in a winner takes all mega fight. Pretty much copying a comment I’ve read on BBC HYS section but to me that makes total sense. Sadly the politics between the different boxing organisations means it’s unlikely.

CallumLaidlaw
01-11-2017, 02:43 PM
Ideal scenario would be Parker v Wilder then winner of that fights Joshua in a winner takes all mega fight. Pretty much copying a comment I’ve read on BBC HYS section but to me that makes total sense. Sadly the politics between the different boxing organisations means it’s unlikely.

I'd like AJ to fight Parker next - another step up while being able to win. Then Wilder in the summer, and if by some miracle he sorts himself out - Fury in the Autumn.

White done himself no favours against a poor opponent on Saturday. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Daniel Dubois tho. He is definitely one to watch out for.

Tobias Funke
10-11-2017, 12:23 AM
I'd like AJ to fight Parker next - another step up while being able to win. Then Wilder in the summer, and if by some miracle he sorts himself out - Fury in the Autumn.

White done himself no favours against a poor opponent on Saturday. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Daniel Dubois tho. He is definitely one to watch out for.

Dubois looks an outstanding prospect. Early days but all the signs are he is going to be a star.

Navids Numpties
10-11-2017, 05:52 PM
Dubois looks an outstanding prospect. Early days but all the signs are he is going to be a star.

He reminds me of a coloured version of the 'yarp' guy of of hot fuzz in some of his interviews. He looks a tremendous prospect, the power he has at only 19 is insane. His knockout of AJ Carter was nuts, Carter went properly to sleep.