PDA

View Full Version : Pitch side water bottle tom-foolery

speedy_gonzales
26-10-2017, 11:56 AM
I notice these two posts on the Simon Murray thread and it reminded me of some high jinx that happened on Tuesday night

Watched the game as I recorded it and think it's 28:30 seconds when we get a corner and he walks into the hearts goal picks up their goalies water drinks it then throws what's left back into the corner of the goals.

Absolute brilliance from him and the goal was ok too.��.

GGTTH

Henderson done a cracker when we played Raith Rovers in the
SC. He lifted the goalies water & threw it behind advertising boards. A minute later the goalie goes for a drink & nae water there. The look on his face when he couldn't find it was hilarious.

On Tuesday, before kick off but after the teams warmed up, a couple of HMFC lackeys went down the touchline in front of the East and laid down bottles of water, energy drinks and energy/protein bars. Soon after, a group of young lads with Hibs training gear went past and after some encouragement from the kids in the front row they handed the spoils over the advertising hoardings.
It might seem really petty and childish but I was giggling like a school girl watching this. I didn't pay attention during the game to see if any boys in maroon went looking for a drink during the game or not but even if they didn't, it still tickled my fancy, good craic!

where'stheslope
26-10-2017, 12:02 PM
So they are Poppy Thieves, we are just thieves????

speedy_gonzales
26-10-2017, 12:11 PM
Not so much thieving as re-purposing! :greengrin

--------
26-10-2017, 12:12 PM

Absolutely not. The boys were simply tidying the area around the pitch.

Those bottles were LITTER, and litter should be tidied away.

Besides, a player or official could have injured himself if he had stepped on one of those bottles (actually, I'm not entirely joking here), so the proper place for them was behind the hoardings.

They were out of order scattering that stuff around the verges of the pitch, and what the ball-boys did was perfectly reasonable.

Nothing to see here, folks. :devil:

Pretty Boy
26-10-2017, 03:41 PM
I suppose you could argue it's unsporting behaviour or something.

I'd argue it's exactly the kind of thing we should be doing. Hearts visiting for a Derby at ER, or any visiting team for that matter, should feel out of their comfort zone when they pitch up.

Iggy Pope
26-10-2017, 03:50 PM
The poster that mentions the Rovers game (think it was a draw in the league not the SC) is spot on. Henderson chucked the goalies water bottle away (whilst warming up as a sub) ) in the interests of sport as the **** was taking hours to do anything.
Sums up Liam's mischief and the fans loved it. I miss him.

Mick O'Rourke
26-10-2017, 03:53 PM
That Tom Foolery
What is he like ?

Juice bottles,energy drinks,cereal bars.
Jeez.. whatever happened to the half time cup o' tea or slice of orange and a fag !

:smokin:coffee:

BSEJVT
26-10-2017, 04:36 PM
That Tom Foolery
What is he like ?

Jeez.. whatever happened to the half time cup o' tea or slice of orange and a fag !

Or a quick spew of last nights beer behind the goals

Its a game for softies now

WoreTheGreen
26-10-2017, 04:56 PM
That Tom Foolery
What is he like ?

"Son give your all for the first 45 and we will pull you off at half time" oohh matron

hibsbollah
26-10-2017, 05:03 PM
Or a quick spew of last nights beer behind the goals

Its a game for softies now

Personally i think it would be good if Murray had taken a wee sly single fish against the goalpost as well. But I'm vindictive like that.