PDA

View Full Version : Pedro gets the boot

Firestarter
26-10-2017, 10:12 AM
Emergancy board meeting at Ibrox.

Bostonhibby
26-10-2017, 10:14 AM

Maybe just preparing to issue another statement about how unfair it all is? been a day or two since the last one.

Michael
26-10-2017, 10:17 AM
Could definitely see McInnes going there.

Sylar
26-10-2017, 10:20 AM
Could definitely see McInnes going there.

If Everton come calling, I can see McInnes maybe being interested.

He'd be off his rocker to go to Ibrox just now - they're never going to close the gap to Celtc despite the ludicrous fan expectations, so even being a 'Rangers man', he'll fail.

He's been given time to build a reasonably decent squad at Pittodrie, and the club is on the verge of moving to a new stadium with new facilities. Rangers, meanwhile, will probably overspend in the coming years trying to bridge the gap to Celtc and end up financially imploding all over again.

Dashing Bob S
26-10-2017, 10:23 AM

He'd be off his rocker to go to Ibrox just now - they're never going to close the gap to Celtc despite the ludicrous fan expectations, so even being a 'Rangers man', he'll fail.

He's been given time to build a reasonably decent squad at Pittodrie, and the club is on the verge of moving to a new stadium with new facilities. Rangers, meanwhile, will probably overspend in the coming years trying to bridge the gap to Celtc and end up financially imploding all over again.

Agreed. It’s a poisoned chalice for anybody clued up. Whoever they appoint they will never be able to bridge the resource gap on Celtic. Nobody in the game will consider them a success if they managed to take the points deficit from 25 to 15. You just set yourself up for failure.

hibsbollah
26-10-2017, 10:26 AM
Please go for 'Bomber' Brown. Please.

cabbageandribs1875
26-10-2017, 10:26 AM
please bring back sally McCoist

DarrenSQH
26-10-2017, 10:27 AM
Terry Butcher please

Sylar
26-10-2017, 10:28 AM
Barry Ferguson and Lee McCulloch.

Cheap, 'Rangers Men', currently out of work...

And most importantly, both with pish records :greengrin

ajf
26-10-2017, 10:29 AM
Anybody taking sevco job will get sacked sooner rather than later. McInnes would be throwing away a hard earned reputation by taking that poisoned chalice.

Hibee87
26-10-2017, 10:31 AM
Discussing it with a current at work and even he says who would want it?

Thinks Eck might be in the frame till end of season or even Kenny Miller, but as for a straight in 'reputable' manager.......there is none.

Sergey
26-10-2017, 10:39 AM
Alex Neil must be in with a shout of getting the gig. I'm unsure of his hun allegiances, though.

JohnM1875
26-10-2017, 10:42 AM
According to someone over on ‘the bears den’;

‘’It's apparently an 'already scheduled board meeting' - that's why King's still here - as opposed to an emergency board meeting to sack Pedro.’

Which I really hope is true as Pedro has to stay.

Forza Fred
26-10-2017, 10:44 AM
Alex McLesish short term?

Hermit Crab
26-10-2017, 10:45 AM
Kings penniless according to his lawyer so can he afford to sack him?

mjhibby
26-10-2017, 10:47 AM
Alex Neil must be in with a shout of getting the gig. I'm unsure of his hun allegiances, though.

Along with Sally. That sounds plausible. Can't see anybody taking the job who isn't gambling on somehow turning them into a decent side. Mcinnes apparently was offered the job but he wouldn't resign and the clubs couldn't agree compensation. Pedro then got the job. That was from something with coaching knowledge in the West. After last night's whipping by celtic will Mcinnes realistically think he would be able to in any way challenge celtic with that sevco team. Would be a huge gamble. Depends on what his salary would be I suppose.

greenginger
26-10-2017, 10:47 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Neil_(footballer)

Alexander " Francis " Neil, sounds a bit too timish

CropleyWasGod
26-10-2017, 10:48 AM
Kings penniless according to his lawyer so can he afford to sack him?

2 different things.

King hasn't the cash to buy the other shares.

It's the club that have to pay off the manager.

--------
26-10-2017, 11:02 AM
Please go for 'Bomber' Brown. Please.

Terry Butcher please

Dream team - Butcher as manager/DoF, Brown as first team coach. McCoist to assist fat Jim in the PR department.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Neil_(footballer)

Alexander " Francis " Neil, sounds a bit too timish

You know, that's exactly how they 'think' (using the word very loosely).

His middle name's Francis? He's obviously 'not a Rangers man'.

I changed my car this year - bought a FIAT.

First week I had it a guy I kinda know - definitely a 'Rangers man' - said to me, "What did you get that for? That's a priest's car."

True Proddies apparently never buy Italian cars. Fact. They've all been blessed by the Pope, apparently.

Personally, I think they should go for young Cathro. Never got a proper chance at the PBS - hidden depths in that young man.

SirDavidsNapper
26-10-2017, 11:04 AM
Doesn't matter who they bring in. They'll get the same results. They are comparing results against their cheating years. Like Hearts they need to suck it up and accept reality.

GlesgaeHibby
26-10-2017, 11:05 AM
Pedro was appointed on a 3 year deal, and he cost them £400k in compo apparently. Expensive mistake if they do punt him.

Sas_The_Hibby
26-10-2017, 11:09 AM
Pedro was appointed on a 3 year deal, and he cost them £400k in compo apparently. Expensive mistake if they do punt him.

Money's no problem - they can just go bust and start all over again in League Two.

Wembley67
26-10-2017, 11:10 AM
Sure I read/heard Kenny Miller is in contention, I may have made that up though as I cannae recall where this info came from :greengrin

26-10-2017, 11:17 AM
Souness should take the job so he can save Scottish football.

WRTC

SirDavidsNapper
26-10-2017, 11:17 AM
Ideal role for Cathro. The Wi-Fi connection at Ibrox is superb

Lancs Harp
26-10-2017, 11:21 AM
Ray Wilkins is the man for the job. At least it wont turn him to drink.

steakbake
26-10-2017, 11:35 AM
Money's no problem - they can just go bust and start all over again in League Two.

No, it's not all over again. It's the same... the continuity myth...

They didn't restart in League 2 - they were demoted etc etc etc

Iain G
26-10-2017, 11:37 AM
Fed up with this knee jerk reaction in football to sacking managers when they are actually performing well and certainly better than any of their predecessors.

Pedro has taken this new club to the dizzying heights of fourth in the Premier League, a position that not many can say they have achieved, and due to a rush of blood to the head at boardroom level, probably due to their new found proximity to the summit of Scottish football, they have developed delusions of grandeur and now want to sack the most successful manager in their history!!

Football has gone mad, where will it all end!! :agree:

WeeRussell
26-10-2017, 11:47 AM

I get your point, but I was giving it some thought last night. If they approached McInness.. you'd imagine they'll promise him a barrel of money to spend (which they haven't got obviously) and ask him to target Celtic (usual). He may see it as a new challenge (and increased cash for himself) while appreciating that he may not be able to take Aberdeen much further.

On the other hand.. he's well-regarded just now and the huns job hasn't exactly been a great profile-builder for managers of late.

In conclusion - Pedro must stay.

Mick O'Rourke
26-10-2017, 11:47 AM
First it was the magic hat
Swapped for a sombrero
But neither two have dunnit
So why not try a Scotsman,who sports a magic bunnet !

Hibernian 3 Magic Hat 2
Hibernian 3 Magic Sombrero 2

Bring on the bhunnets !!

pacoluna
26-10-2017, 11:48 AM

Doing a good job at PNE can't see him leaving.

Seveno
26-10-2017, 11:53 AM
Fed up with this knee jerk reaction in football to sacking managers when they are actually performing well and certainly better than any of their predecessors.

Pedro has taken this new club to the dizzying heights of fourth in the Premier League, a position that not many can say they have achieved, and due to a rush of blood to the head at boardroom level, probably due to their new found proximity to the summit of Scottish football, they have developed delusions of grandeur and now want to sack the most successful manager in their history!!

You are quite right. They are, after all, still a young club having played in the Second Division just five years ago.

Joe6-2
26-10-2017, 11:57 AM
Swapped for a sombrero

Hibernian 3 Magic Hat 2

Bring on the bhunnets !!

👍

SRHibs
26-10-2017, 12:06 PM
Swapped for a sombrero

Hibernian 3 Magic Hat 2

Bring on the bhunnets !!

Is he not Portuguese?

Hibernia&Alba
26-10-2017, 12:08 PM
Let's see what the outcome is, but it's surely over for Pedro. He's been given a lot of money to spend by Scottish football standards, yet they are abysmal. It seems he's lost the fans too. I do agree that the Rangers job is an impossible ask vis-à-vis expectations and reality; there's no way they can win the league for the foreseeable. However, it's a big club which still has pulling power, and I can see McInnes being there very soon. The question of a pay off for Pedro and compensation for Aberdeen is relevant here, though. How much would it cost them, and do they have the money?

Paisley Hibby
26-10-2017, 12:23 PM
McInnes is seriously overrated and would be expensive. Tommy Wright might be a better shout.

--------
26-10-2017, 12:25 PM
Is he not Portuguese?

He is.

Sombrero - Mexican.

Bit of racial stereotyping going on here, I think - but Portuguese aren't Mexicans, and Brazilians aren't Spanish.

Firestarter
26-10-2017, 12:25 PM
McInnes is seriously overrated and would be expensive. Tommy Wright might be a better shout.

In what way is he over rated? Out of curiosity?

Mick O'Rourke
26-10-2017, 12:35 PM
Is he not Portuguese?
Yes he is
Maybe the next guy will be Mexican, eh?

Moulin Yarns
26-10-2017, 12:37 PM
Kenny Miller being quoted at 3/1 favourite as next manager of the 5 year old cub :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
26-10-2017, 12:39 PM
Kenny Miller being quoted at 3/1 favourite as next manager of the 5 year old cub :greengrin

Hope so. Guy with no experience at all given an impossible job.

-Jonesy-
26-10-2017, 12:39 PM
#PrayForPedro

Mick O'Rourke
26-10-2017, 12:40 PM
He is.

Sombrero - Mexican.

Bit of racial stereotyping going on here, I think - but Portuguese aren't Mexicans, and Brazilians aren't Spanish.

Hope they appoint a Scot, then I could try a ditty on stereotypical" jimmy hats with ginger hair":wink:

Warbo had a Magic Hat
But he was no wizard :greengrin

--------
26-10-2017, 12:42 PM
#PrayForPedro

In "their" eyes, praying is a thoroughly Papistical practice. :tsk tsk:

FilipinoHibs
26-10-2017, 12:48 PM
Is he not Portuguese?
Yes we wear straw type Scottish bunnets.

mutley
26-10-2017, 12:48 PM
What about that young boy Cathro? I hear he is a young up and coming manager that could work wonders for a Scottish team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

overdrive
26-10-2017, 12:50 PM

True, but Pedro hasn't won anything. Surely Warburton is their most successful manager in terms of trophies won. He won the Scottish Championship and the illustrious Petrofac Cup. Did he not win the Scottish Cup in 2016 as well, or did he forget his magic wand for that one?

Hibernia&Alba
26-10-2017, 12:51 PM
Hopefully it's a false alarm and Sir Pedro remains in situ. Failing that, Kenny Miller would be good. What we don't want is somebody who knows what he's doing. Then again, anybody who knows what they are doing, will avoid the Rangers job like the plague.

Joe6-2
26-10-2017, 12:53 PM
True, but Pedro hasn't won anything. Surely Warburton is their most successful manager in terms of trophies won. He won the Scottish Championship and the illustrious Petrofac Cup. Did he not win the Scottish Cup in 2016 as well, or did he forget his magic wand for that one?

He came up against the magic Hibees!!

Bostonhibby
True, but Pedro hasn't won anything. Surely Warburton is their most successful manager in terms of trophies won. He won the Scottish Championship and the illustrious Petrofac Cup. Did he not win the Scottish Cup in 2016 as well, or did he forget his magic wand for that one?Warburton is indeed a petro****er. The only sevco manager ever to win a cup final.

They should bring him back. Proper the rangers legend.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Petro fa cker can't be swearing!

Michael

McInnes has finished in the top 3 three times with Aberdeen and won a trophy. How is he overrated?

WhileTheChief..
26-10-2017, 12:54 PM
McLeish and B Fergusson until the end of the season.

Scouse Hibee
26-10-2017, 12:55 PM
Ray Wilkins is the man for the job. At least it wont turn him to drink.

It might knock him sideways though.

Hibernia&Alba
26-10-2017, 12:55 PM
McLeish and B Fergusson until the end of the season.

Where you getting that, mate?

WhileTheChief..
26-10-2017, 01:02 PM
Rangers fan at work who is married to Walter Smiths daughter.

Could be crap of course!

Crazyhorse
26-10-2017, 01:04 PM
Souness should take the job so he can save Scottish football.

WRTC

I agree it's clearly his civic duty.

What I really want to see is the 3rd coming of Walter Mitty Smith

Paisley Hibby
26-10-2017, 01:06 PM
In what way is he over rated? Out of curiosity?

With one exception (last year's cup final) his team has got nowhere near Celtic in matches against them. And even in that exception they still lost. Sure, Aberdeen are maintaining second place but given their finances and the mismanagement at Rangers, that's only achieving what any competent manager should be able to do. Better measures of his managerial ability are probably Bristol City (win ratio of 26%) and Aberdeen's continuing poor record in Europe.

SRHibs
26-10-2017, 01:09 PM
With one exception (last year's cup final) his team has got nowhere near Celtic in matches against them. And even in that exception they still lost. Sure, Aberdeen are maintaining second place but given their finances and the mismanagement at Rangers, that's only achieving what any competent manager should be able to do. Better measures of his managerial ability are probably Bristol City (win ratio of 26%) and Aberdeen's continuing poor record in Europe.

2nd every season when they’re not that far ahead of the rest of the league financially? Even this season they’re only 3 points behind Celtic. He’s instilled an ability to grind out results vs worse teams (something we are unable to do) and has made some excellent signings. Great manager IMO.

Ozyhibby
26-10-2017, 01:10 PM
Hope at the board meeting this morning it was decided that they could not afford to sack Pedro. If they do though, it doesn’t matter who they get. The divisions in the squad, unrealistic expectations of the fans and the poor finances of the club will ensure failure. Hopefully McInnes as that will seriously upset Aberdeen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moulin Yarns
26-10-2017, 01:16 PM
Agent Scotland

From what I've been told, if Rangers can raise the funds then Pedro Caixinha will be sacked ASAP, if not he'll remain for the time being.
2:11 PM - 26 Oct 2017

Paisley Hibby
26-10-2017, 01:22 PM
2nd every season when they’re not that far ahead of the rest of the league financially? Even this season they’re only 3 points behind Celtic. He’s instilled an ability to grind out results vs worse teams (something we are unable to do) and has made some excellent signings. Great manager IMO.
Och, opinions, eh? Good at grinding out results against poorer opposition but not when it comes to a higher level (eg Celtic, English Championship and Europe). We'll just have to agree to disagree 😆

Firestarter
26-10-2017, 01:26 PM
GJP back to Ibrox it seems. Anyone got a link for odds? Can't find it anywhere. Thanks.

I'm_cabbaged
26-10-2017, 01:28 PM
GJP back to Ibrox it seems. Anyone got a link for odds? Can't find it anywhere. Thanks.

Sixes on sky bet

Firestarter
26-10-2017, 01:32 PM
Sixes on sky bet

Thanks, got it now :thumbsup: My £40 makes it 11/2.

Billy Whizz
26-10-2017, 01:44 PM
And to add to the pain, Bruno banned for 2 games. Misses Hearts away and Partick at home

#persevered
26-10-2017, 01:47 PM
Sun on Twitter saying he's been sacked

Ryan91
26-10-2017, 01:48 PM
Reports from several sources on Social Media saying that Pedro has sadly been sacked.

Navids Numpties
26-10-2017, 01:50 PM
Reports from several sources on Social Media saying that Pedro has sadly been sacked.

Daily rubbish now reporting Pedro has been sacked.

MrSmith
26-10-2017, 01:54 PM
Yup BBC too:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41762385

Souter96Mac
26-10-2017, 01:55 PM
Cathro return?

happiehibbie
26-10-2017, 01:58 PM
well he has gone another club lost its way

Firestarter
26-10-2017, 01:58 PM
Now they are left with a lot of costly ***** :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
26-10-2017, 02:02 PM
Gonna miss you, Sir Pedro; fair ye well. Saddest days since Cathro was emptied. Let's just hope this costs Rangers a fortune and creates even more turmoil.

Diclonius
Gutted.

Jones28
Damn, I was still hoping he'd be in place for the game against us

scoopyboy
26-10-2017, 02:03 PM
Now they are left with a lot of costly ***** :greengrin

The manager will leave with a decent pay off and the new manager will be left with a lot of costly players he will want shot of.

That will cost Sevco a lot of money they don't really have.

Sounds scarily familiar as we must have went through this for three or four managerial changes.

renato
Who’s caretaker?

Hibernia&Alba
Gutted.

:agree:

Sad day, but this soap opera isn't over. Let's keep our fingers crossed for the very worst.

MB62
26-10-2017, 02:04 PM
well he has gone another club lost its way

Just heard it on Forth one news. Pity, thought he was doing an excellent job :thumbsup:

Jones28
26-10-2017, 02:05 PM
The manager will leave with a decent pay off and the new manager will be left with a lot of costly players he will want shot of.

Sounds scarily familiar as we must have went through this for three or four managerial changes.

He spent £10m in the summer, 2 months later he's away. That's a big big hole he's burned in their pocket.

gogsy23
26-10-2017, 02:06 PM
Gonna cost the club a fortune,all his backroom team gone too,shame thought he was doing ok

Sylar
26-10-2017, 02:07 PM
He spent £10m in the summer, 2 months later he's away. That's a big big hole he's burned in their pocket.

Agent Pedro deserves a commendation for his tireless work to the cause :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
26-10-2017, 02:08 PM
Looking forward to finding out how much this is costing der Hun in a pay off. It had better be a good amount.

Murty expected to take temporary charge for SECOND time in 2017 :lolrangers:

Joe6-2
26-10-2017, 02:09 PM
Sky now saying he's gone

blackpoolhibs
26-10-2017, 02:10 PM
Unlucky Pedro, i assume you will take full responsibility for this? :greengrin

Bostonhibby
26-10-2017, 02:12 PM
So the search for a fit and protestant person begins. Aunt Sally, Uncle Walter, McLeish and anyone else the DR wants to see appointed.

Pedro was doing brilliantly as well.

JeMeSouviens
26-10-2017, 02:13 PM
NOOOOO, say it ain't so Pedro. :boo hoo:

I've only just got over the loss of Cathro, and now this ... :grr:

Joe6-2
26-10-2017, 02:13 PM
I assume it was Pedro that missed the penalty that cost them a 2-0 victory on Wednesday

Famous Fiver
26-10-2017, 02:16 PM
It'll be like two bald men fighting over a comb at Murrayfield on Saturday.

What an advert for Scottish football it's going to turn out to be. Venue suits it right down to the ground.

Hooft!!..............................

Joe6-2
26-10-2017, 02:17 PM
Sky having to apologise for hand gestures in report from weedgie land

southsider
26-10-2017, 02:20 PM
Cathro return?
He was just a soul whose intentions were good, but Lord we let him be misunderstood. Cathro please at Ibrox. Pretty please.

CRAZYHIBBY
26-10-2017, 02:21 PM
They were the people

Hibernia&Alba
26-10-2017, 02:22 PM
All his backroom staff gone with him.

Joe6-2
26-10-2017, 02:23 PM
As usual Sky giving them loads of coverage!

Bostonhibby
26-10-2017, 02:25 PM
Looking forward to finding out how much this is costing der Hun in a pay off. It had better be a good amount.

certainly meets the protestant person test and an absolute roaster as well. Perfect.

bigwheel
26-10-2017, 02:25 PM
wonder if he was given the Green boot? :wink:

Thecat23
26-10-2017, 02:26 PM
The Rangers have a huge issue on their hands now. These players Pedro brought in were there for him. They now will have to try punt them. Alot going on behind the scenes that could really derail their season.

Firestarter

Yep, I would empathize with anyone else in the world bar them though so GIRUY Sevco :greengrin

Off the bar
wonder if they've told Pedro yet or if this'll be the breadman mark 2?

GloryGlory
26-10-2017, 02:27 PM

Will cost a fortune, hopefully. New manager will want funds for his own players and Pedro's duds will cost plenty to get rid of, either getting contracts bought out or just sitting tight and getting paid for doing nowt. Pleasing. :greengrin

Firestarter
26-10-2017, 02:28 PM
The Rangers have a huge issue on their hands now. These players Pedro brought in were there for him. They now will have to try punt them. Alot going on behind the scenes that could really derail their season.

Make it so :greengrin

bigwheel
26-10-2017, 02:28 PM

can you share any of this now?? :greengrin

SteveHFC
26-10-2017, 02:31 PM

PM :hyper

Hibernia&Alba
26-10-2017, 02:32 PM
wonder if they've told Pedro yet or if this'll be the breadman mark 2?

Done mate. Official statement on Hun.co.uk

Haymaker
26-10-2017, 02:33 PM
PM :hyper

Me too :hyper

HoboHarry
26-10-2017, 02:34 PM
The likes of Alves will not command a transfer fee so all they can really do is find a club daft enough to match their wages or come to a contractual pay off agreement.

HoboHarry
26-10-2017, 02:35 PM
So the search for a fit and protestant person begins. Aunt Sally, Uncle Walter, McLeish and anyone else the DR wants to see appointed.

Phil Mac is stating that Walter gave them a big Harvey Smith when asked to return to steady the ship.....

Mainstandman
26-10-2017, 02:36 PM
Strachan and Cathro both available. :wink:

Thecat23
26-10-2017, 02:38 PM
can you share any of this now?? :greengrin

Haha, I only know same as most on here mate.

Hibbyradge
The likes of Alves will not command a transfer fee so all they can really do is find a club daft enough to match their wages or come to a contractual pay off agreement.

They've got to be replaced, though.

Hibernia&Alba
If they don't even make an attempt to get McInnes, I will be very surprised.

Thecat23
26-10-2017, 02:39 PM

Exactly. I said on here when he signed he’s finished and won’t last long here. Throwing silly money at him was a huge mistake but very funny for everyone else 😁

Peevemor
26-10-2017, 02:39 PM
Anyone think they'll try for Lennon?

Hibernia&Alba
26-10-2017, 02:40 PM

Gregory Campbell to keep the natives happy. Actually, he might be too much of a handwringer for them. Jim Allister would be more popular.

Hibernia&Alba
26-10-2017, 02:42 PM

I must say it isn't a possibility I've given much consideration to :greengrin

bigwheel
26-10-2017, 02:43 PM
Haha, I only know same as most on here mate.

now now...you must have some training ground stories about who bad Pedro was...when do they get man airing for the banter value?? :greengrin

Andy.1875
26-10-2017, 02:44 PM
14,000 happy Huns at Murrayfield on Saturday :greengrin

MSK
26-10-2017, 02:48 PM
He spent £10m in the summer, 2 months later he's away. That's a big big hole he's burned in their pocket.where did he spend £10m ? Genuine question btw, I must have missed them splashing out or Ive been suffering from middle ageism 😁

bigwheel
26-10-2017, 02:51 PM
where did he spend £10m ? Genuine question btw, I must have missed them splashing out or Ive been suffering from middle ageism ��

1.4 on Cardosa and 3M on Pená to start with.....and 1.5M for Dorrans

Firestarter
26-10-2017, 02:54 PM

More chance of appointing Yoko Ono.

Hibernia&Alba
26-10-2017, 02:56 PM

Thankfully, she'd only sing when they're winning - very rarely.

Thecat23
26-10-2017, 02:56 PM
now now...you must have some training ground stories about who bad Pedro was...when do they get man airing for the banter value?? :greengrin

One or two but I’ll be letting the dust settle first just in case 😁

Peevemor
26-10-2017, 02:58 PM

Phew! That's a relief!

MSK
26-10-2017, 02:59 PM
1.4 on Cardosa and 3M on Pená to start with.....and 1.5M for DorransJeezo, thats some cash splash !! 😲

JeMeSouviens
26-10-2017, 03:02 PM

tbh, I'm surprised they've done it so soon. If the next guy doesn't spark some life into them before ST renewal time the game could be a bogey for Huns mk2. Here's hoping anyway. :wink:

Firestarter
26-10-2017, 03:03 PM
Thankfully, she'd only sing when they're winning - very rarely.

Can you Imagine? :greengrin

Thecat23
26-10-2017, 03:04 PM
tbh, I'm surprised they've done it so soon. If the next guy doesn't spark some life into them before ST renewal time the game could be a bogey for Huns mk2. Here's hoping anyway. :wink:

Fingers crossed, I really have a feeling they will go down the pan again. That’s just me though don’t have any info or anything, I just think as a business model they are chucking money away they don’t have.

HoboHarry
26-10-2017, 03:05 PM
1.4 on Cardosa and 3M on Pená to start with.....and 1.5M for Dorrans
Those figures were reported by their lapdog media pals - doesn't mean they were true and I have never believed them.....

Bostonhibby
26-10-2017, 03:06 PM
Phil Mac is stating that Walter gave them a big Harvey Smith when asked to return to steady the ship.....

got off his mark quick enough in the run up to their liquidation as well. Cannae be a shortage of "rangers men" surely.

JeMeSouviens
26-10-2017, 03:15 PM
got off his mark quick enough in the run up to their liquidation as well. Cannae be a shortage of "rangers men" surely.

Wonder if Billy Davies will throw Billy Davies' hat in the ring?

Future17
26-10-2017, 03:16 PM

I've had a bet on Donald Trump on the assumption they'll appoint someone who promises to get rid of a load of Mexicans let in by his predecessor.

JeMeSouviens
I've had a bet on Donald Trump on the assumption they'll appoint someone who promises to get rid of a load of Mexicans let in by his predecessor.

He's an orange ******* right enough. :greengrin

MSK
Those figures were reported by their lapdog media pals - doesn't mean they were true and I have never believed them.....Thank ****, so it isnt my middle ageism 😆

RoYO!
Walk away! Walk-away-walk-away-walk-away!

One of the best spur of the moment songs I've heard at ER.

I just LOVE these new guys, 'The Rangers'. Is it just me or are they incredibly good value for money. Loving every moment of this and Souness' hurt!

grunt
26-10-2017, 03:17 PM
Fingers crossed, I really have a feeling they will go down the pan again.This was your 16000th post. Quite a zinger, if I may say. :not worth

Hibernia&Alba
26-10-2017, 03:17 PM

:top marks

Is Trump bigoted and ignorant enough for them? He hates Muslims, but what are his views on Catholics?

wookie70
26-10-2017, 03:18 PM
Where's the baby Jeezus going to sleep

SirDavidsNapper
26-10-2017, 03:18 PM
Could be anyone. They'll lurch from one crisis to another

Deansy
26-10-2017, 03:20 PM
It's typical of the Hun - no consideration whatsoever for the majority of Scottish Football supporters who were thoroughly enjoying what Pedro brought to our game- hilarity, amusement, fun, LAUGHTER.. ...........

Now there's no Caixinha, Cathro's long gone - the fun's leaving the game !

Thecat23
26-10-2017, 03:20 PM
This was your 16000th post. Quite a zinger, if I may say. :not worth

Haha thanks 😁👍🏼

Hibernia&Alba
26-10-2017, 03:28 PM
Who would be the best appointment they could make, from the point of view of the rest of us i.e. the most useless??

Famous Fiver
26-10-2017, 03:31 PM
Very pleasing.

Hearts and Rangers both pouring money down the shunky to a band playing.

Doesn't get better than this. Pass the popcorn.

hibsbollah
26-10-2017, 03:32 PM
Very peculiar... The BBC Scotland website is running the Pedro story with The Rangers prior managers listed with 'trophies won' Warburton 2, and two people called Alistair McCoist and Walter Smith with two and eight trophies won:confused:

How the media can really pretend this is accurate reporting? How did we end up tolerating this ****ing nonsense? If pre Sevco are the same club as post Sevco I assume they'll be handing HMRC that £150 million back.

Bostonhibby
26-10-2017, 03:32 PM
Who would be the best appointment they could make, from the point of view of the rest of us i.e. the most useless??

There's plenty "the rangers men" types out there who are basically no marks or throwbacks but in a sea of mediocrity the one big fish has to be the yams very own father Dougal, would love it to be him but it won't be.

MSK
26-10-2017, 03:34 PM
Who would be the best appointment they could make, from the point of view of the rest of us i.e. the most useless??Butcher

Hibernia&Alba
26-10-2017, 03:37 PM
Butcher

Imagine that. Not even The Rangers could sink that low, but it would be magnificent :greengrin

Firestarter
26-10-2017, 03:37 PM
Butcher

Colin Calderwood and Ian Cathro. :wink:

hibsbollah
26-10-2017, 03:39 PM
Colin Calderwood and Ian Cathro. :wink:

Im fairly sure Calderwood has hunnish tendencies. He's from Stranraer for a start.

Paisley Hibby
26-10-2017, 03:39 PM
Butcher

That would be a magnificent appointment. Pray for Terry!

G B Young
26-10-2017, 03:51 PM
It's one job we don't have to worry about Neil Lennon being linked with!

greenginger
26-10-2017, 03:53 PM
With all those Portuguese speaking players on contract , is there not an opening for a young lap-top savy coach with a grasp of the lingo and spare time on his hands.

Come on Cathy , offer them your services. :greengrin

Lancs Harp
26-10-2017, 03:56 PM
With all those Portuguese speaking players on contract , is there not an opening for a young lap-top savy coach with a grasp of the lingo and spare time on his hands.

Come on Cathy , offer them your services. :greengrin

Cathro has gone back to Skaro to plot the next Dalek invasion of the earth.

Firestarter
26-10-2017, 03:56 PM
Im fairly sure Calderwood has hunnish tendencies. He's from Stranraer for a start.

Would explain my dislike for him from the start in that case :greengrin

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-10-2017, 04:00 PM
Harsh.

Crazyhorse
26-10-2017, 04:04 PM
Gregory Campbell to keep the natives happy. Actually, he might be too much of a handwringer for them. Jim Allister would be more popular.

Jim Alister would soon root out the ungodly traitors in their support. That must surely be the reason they are such flops. The witch finder general would put things right, etc. etc.

JimBHibees
26-10-2017, 04:09 PM
Those figures were reported by their lapdog media pals - doesn't mean they were true and I have never believed them.....

Agree figures look hugely inflated.

Billy Whizz
26-10-2017, 04:23 PM
Which of his back room staff have been punted, as theres a lot of them, inc the ex Hibs fitness coach Craig Flanagan

JeMeSouviens
26-10-2017, 04:27 PM
Very peculiar... The BBC Scotland website is running the Pedro story with The Rangers prior managers listed with 'trophies won' Warburton 2, and two people called Alistair McCoist and Walter Smith with two and eight trophies won:confused:

How the media can really pretend this is accurate reporting? How did we end up tolerating this ****ing nonsense? If pre Sevco are the same club as post Sevco I assume they'll be handing HMRC that £150 million back.

McCoist 2 trophies - div3 and div2? I'm sure even Cathro could've managed that much. :rolleyes:

ekhibee
26-10-2017, 04:29 PM
McInnes 15/8 Fav with Skybet, then McLeish at 7/2. Has Kenny Miller got his coaching badges? He's 12/1.

Thecat23
26-10-2017, 04:34 PM
McInnes 15/8 Fav with Skybet, then McLeish at 7/2. Has Kenny Miller got his coaching badges? He's 12/1.

Kenny has yeah.

chinaman
26-10-2017, 04:42 PM

The Sevco morons wet dream....squeeky clean walter

Billy Whizz
26-10-2017, 04:45 PM

McInnes has always said he wouldn’t go to Rangers under the current regime

JeMeSouviens
26-10-2017, 04:47 PM
McInnes has always said he wouldn’t go to Rangers under the current regime

Can't see them affording the compo to Aberdeen anyway, he's just signed a contract extension to 2020.

Firestarter
26-10-2017, 04:49 PM
Which of his back room staff have been punted, as theres a lot of them, inc the ex Hibs fitness coach Craig Flanagan

I've read it as the staff he brought in with him.

Billy Whizz
26-10-2017, 04:55 PM
I've read it as the staff he brought in with him.

Just read something on BBC site. Assistant manager Baptista, and coaches Malta and Belman all gone. That’s 4 decent wages
Looks like Jonatan Johannsen is still at Ibrox for the moment

bigwheel
26-10-2017, 05:11 PM
One or two but I’ll be letting the dust settle first just in case [emoji16]

Hahaha. Whenever you're ready matey [emoji2][emoji106][emoji122]

WhileTheChief..
26-10-2017, 05:11 PM
Radio 2 has Billy Davies as favourite.

Would love it if that’s the case, or Steve McLaren, another that’s been linked.

Basically I hope they they stick with their vision of going for a complete huddy in charge. It’s suited the rest of us just fine the last few years.

Marcus_Hibs
26-10-2017, 05:12 PM

Win win for him. He either gets the job, or if he get rejected, he can hold his head up high and claim he turned it down because he didn't like the structure of the club!

Sad to see agent Pedro go, what an incredible job he was doing!

kaimendhibs
26-10-2017, 05:19 PM
Check out @Jagfox’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/Jagfox/status/923576361414987776?s=09

hibsbollah
26-10-2017, 05:19 PM
:top marks

Is Trump bigoted and ignorant enough for them? He hates Muslims, but what are his views on Catholics?

Our Donald loves a cafflick, so he does. They put him in the white house, it's a statistical fact.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/09/how-the-faithful-voted-a-preliminary-2016-analysis/ft_16-11-09_relig_exitpoll_religrace/

HoboHarry
26-10-2017, 05:28 PM
It's hard to fathom the stupidity of Barry Ferguson http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41763757

A RRM man really isn't the answer and if he wants to see how it is done he should look at Celtic, Hibs and Aberdeen. Bring in a guy with real and proven ability and back him.....

WoreTheGreen
26-10-2017, 05:30 PM
That prick on stv spotprts says gers manager sacked after drawing with St Johnstone last night not once but twice then shows last night draw with Kille its like a bad school play amature hour

Mick O'Rourke
26-10-2017, 05:45 PM

Or Yogi,Collins, Mixu and the Legendary Alan Stubbs.:no way:

Only former Hibs manager that will possibly be a candidate is Vain McLeish

pacoluna
26-10-2017, 05:50 PM
Or Yogi,Collins, Mixu and the Legendary Alan Stubbs.:no way:

Only former Hibs manager that will possibly be a candidate is Vain McLeish

You've forgot butcher

Lago
26-10-2017, 06:05 PM
One or two but I’ll be letting the dust settle first just in case 😁
Just in case Kenny gets the gig:greengrin

emerald green
26-10-2017, 06:16 PM
Harry Redknapp might be interested in the Govan gig...

SirDavidsNapper
26-10-2017, 06:23 PM
Thankyou for everything Pedro. Decent bloke.

euro Hibby
26-10-2017, 06:48 PM
Even Paul Gasgoine is ready to have a go ! All pretty crazy , odds on they will get the wrong man again. Murryfield will be a great place to be saturday . Now that Pedro has left Dalcio will get a shout maybe....

euro Hibby
26-10-2017, 06:50 PM
also forgot Carlo Ancelotti is without a job....

Thecat23
26-10-2017, 06:51 PM
Just in case Kenny gets the gig:greengrin

Haha exactly.

Jones28
26-10-2017, 07:01 PM
where did he spend £10m ? Genuine question btw, I must have missed them splashing out or Ive been suffering from middle ageism 😁

That was the figure that had been handed about in the summer, not sure how true it is tbh but it seems perfectly feasible to me!

mjhibby
26-10-2017, 07:16 PM

I can't remember the last time the bookies got a new manager right on the odds. Harry Potter wasn't mentioned at all for the hertz job. Nine times of ten it's not somebody quoted by the bookies.

Bostonhibby
26-10-2017, 07:16 PM
Harry Redknapp might be interested in the Govan gig...His dug could do their tax and NI for them.

heretoday
26-10-2017, 07:52 PM
They should get Ray McKinnon. Good Scots manager.

Hibeesforever
26-10-2017, 07:56 PM
Heard that Neil Lennon is the target because he never loses at Ibrox!

euro Hibby
26-10-2017, 08:18 PM
the dogs bark and the caravan keeps moving.....will miss you pedro !

Onion
26-10-2017, 09:23 PM
Whoever gets the job is on a hiding to nothing and likely to have a shelf life of a pint of milk. Celtic are their benchmark, irrespective of how unrealistic that is so anyone taking the job is simply looking to fill their wallets or are seriously deranged.

Huns and Yams are finding out what it's like to pay their way... more pain to come for those 2. Lovin' it :aok:

Deansy
26-10-2017, 10:01 PM
Doesn't matter who they bring in. They'll get the same results. They are comparing results against their cheating years. Like Hearts they need to suck it up and accept reality.

Ditto !

Swedish hibee
27-10-2017, 01:36 AM
Who made Kris Boyd the mouthpiece of Scottish football? Doesn't he play anymore?

Dashing Bob S
27-10-2017, 04:38 AM
Who made Kris Boyd the mouthpiece of Scottish football? Doesn't he play anymore?

Would love to see Kris Boyd get the job.

Fuzzywuzzy
27-10-2017, 06:22 AM
Sevco would never be able to afford McInnes or his assistants. They've still got two years left and they're skint. Would he walk away into the shambles that is sevco? They'll be looking for someone who is without a club and can potentially work wonders with no money while at the same time singing the sash

Clarence
27-10-2017, 06:48 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see McInnes go there. He'd have a bigger budget than at Aberdeen and would fancy himself as easily securing second spot and maybe ending Celtic's unbeaten run. Dreamland to think that Rangers can compete with Celtic but also dreamland to think that Aberdeen can.

JimBHibees
27-10-2017, 06:58 AM
Sevco would never be able to afford McInnes or his assistants. They've still got two years left and they're skint. Would he walk away into the shambles that is sevco? They'll be looking for someone who is without a club and can potentially work wonders with no money while at the same time singing the sash

He signed a recent deal when Sunderland were interested which may have made it easier for him to leave, who knows.

Onion
27-10-2017, 07:03 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see McInnes go there. He'd have a bigger budget than at Aberdeen and would fancy himself as easily securing second spot and maybe ending Celtic's unbeaten run. Dreamland to think that Rangers can compete with Celtic but also dreamland to think that Aberdeen can.

McInnes stock is still high and he's taken Aberdeen as far as he can. Would not be surprised to see him go to the Huns for more money. Still no chance of them beating Celtic.

Iain G
27-10-2017, 07:25 AM
McInnes stock is still high and he's taken Aberdeen as far as he can. Would not be surprised to see him go to the Huns for more money. Still no chance of them beating Celtic.

If he has a brain in his head he won't go near them! Another good season at Aberdeen and his stock will remain high and a better option than a basket case club (Sunderland, the Sevco) will be open to him.

Moving to Rangers now would undo all of the good work he has done to his reputation.

jacomo
27-10-2017, 08:02 AM
I love how Dave King has let it be known that he wasn't responsible for appointing Pedro.

He always knows the first priority - covering his own back.

Firestarter
27-10-2017, 08:05 AM
If he has a brain in his head he won't go near them! Another good season at Aberdeen and his stock will remain high and a better option than a basket case club (Sunderland, the Sevco) will be open to him.

Moving to Rangers now would undo all of the good work he has done to his reputation.

There is no way he would turn down going there. Absolutely no danger.

Stokesy's on fire
27-10-2017, 08:26 AM
Derek Mcinnes will be sitting next to his phone dressed in his Union flag suit waiting for the call!

Iain G
27-10-2017, 08:31 AM
There is no way he would turn down going there. Absolutely no danger.

They couldn't afford to pay Aberdeen his release fee!

He would be clinically insane to move to Ibrox :agree:

Iain G
27-10-2017, 08:33 AM
I love how Dave King has let it be known that he wasn't responsible for appointing Pedro.

He always knows the first priority - covering his own back.

You should see the size of the double sided sticky tape bill at Ibrox, they spend a fortune on it so they can avoid any tacks...

I'm here all week :greengrin

GreenNWhiteArmy
27-10-2017, 08:45 AM
The whole set up at Rangers is wrong. They brought in the 4th best manager from Qatar who was known to have worked with Celtic before and is a Catholic, how did they think this was gonna end??

Look at their signings. Take the religious aspect out of it, how many knew their responsibilities as a rangers player? The money they spent on ban average players is scandalous.Who sanctioned the signings of Herrera, Pena, Cardoso,Alves?

Post 2012 they’ve continued spending crazy money with noreal longer term plan so I have absolutely no sympathy for them. Look at us,each transfer window sees us tweaking our squad. We have a base that we willadd to but know exactly who and what we’re after. Rangers are just spendingcrazy money to appease the follow followers
Whether its their DOF or scouting system, probably bothactually should be punted along with Pedro. Some players available to Scottishclubs in the summer for moderate fees or loans were Moult, Stevie May, BrandonBarker, Jonny Hayes, Danny Swanson, Simon Murray and Rangers signed none ofthem.
Their business model is absolutely not sustainable. I agreewe do need a strong Rangers, but that’s in addition to a strong Hibs, Hearts,Aberdeen and Dundee United. If they can’t see where they’re going wrong then**** them. Their fans are ****ing horrible and don’t deserve anything otherthan misery for years to come. My worry is the SFA listen to the goons in themedia and start to do things that will help the “mighty Glasgow rangers”

lapsedhibee
27-10-2017, 08:56 AM
My worry is the SFA listen to the goons in the media and start to do things that will help the “mighty Glasgow rangers”

Are you just back from Mars GNWA? :confused:

JimBHibees
27-10-2017, 08:57 AM

:greengrin :not worth

GreenNWhiteArmy
27-10-2017, 09:21 AM

haha I don't actually think they've had THAT MUCH help since they were fast tracked back in to the pro league set up (but lets be serious, they were never not getting back in)

They get their usual home draws but then got given celtic in the semi's and pants pulled down on national tv either by them or us.

Since they've been "back" in the premiership, they've had more than their fair share of red cards and questionable decisions against them - which is refreshing

Betty Boop
27-10-2017, 09:21 AM
Michael O Neill

GreenNWhiteArmy
27-10-2017, 09:22 AM
Michael O Neill

That's who I thought initially. But if he gets NI to the WC I think he'll have better offers

DarlingtonHibee
27-10-2017, 09:24 AM
Jim white on talk sport talking about the new rangers manager knowing about the club's culture and traditions, so they are looking for a bigot.

Captain Trips
27-10-2017, 09:26 AM
Jim white on talk sport talking about the new rangers manager knowing about the club's culture and traditions, so they are looking for a bigot.

Quite easy for them then the manager only needs a memory that can go back 5yrs.

Is It On....
27-10-2017, 09:35 AM

Source: Lee Wallace 😂😂

Bostonhibby
27-10-2017, 09:39 AM
Jim white on talk sport talking about the new rangers manager knowing about the club's culture and traditions, so they are looking for a bigot.Pedro knew about the "culture and traditions" he said we are the Peepul.

The new guy won't know what the petrofac cup was but they can show the candidates a picture at the interview.

Another car crash coming. Sit back and enjoy.

Is It On....
27-10-2017, 09:43 AM

Apparently "wee Billy" is Real Rangers Man...bitter and with a chip on his shoulder!!

Captain Trips
27-10-2017, 09:44 AM
The Rangers History and culture is quite easy. They just do not have any.

Firestarter
27-10-2017, 10:11 AM
They couldn't afford to pay Aberdeen his release fee!

He would be clinically insane to move to Ibrox :agree:

In that case I wouldn't be surprised to see McInness quit Aberdeen then. Who knows what the release/stand in his way fee is?

bigwheel
27-10-2017, 10:19 AM
In that case I wouldn't be surprised to see McInness quit Aberdeen then. Who knows what the release/stand in his way fee is?

I think 4 x his salary might soften the risk for him. I think he would jump at it if they go for him

ballengeich
27-10-2017, 10:20 AM

It would be heart v head for McInnes. The heart would say yes, but the head's learned from his spell at Bristol City that you shouldn't go to a club that's heading downwards. That's why he turned down Sunderland so I suppose it would depend on what financial promises Sevco could give him.

overdrive
27-10-2017, 11:39 AM
Michael O Neill

I know they appointed Pedro, but I can't see them appointing someone from the 'wrong side of the fence' in NI.

rodhibs55
27-10-2017, 11:43 AM
Pedro's departure, its really sad news. What on top of the recent departing of Cathro too. I am devastated.

Hibernia&Alba
27-10-2017, 11:53 AM
Pedro's departure, its really sad news. What on top of the recent departing of Cathro too. I am devastated.

Chin up, mate, the circus hasn't left town. Both clubs are struggling for cash and can't possibly meet fan expectations. There's some laughter ahead :agree:

This will you cheer up: aunt Sally says he's interesting in managing Rangers again.

Scottie
27-10-2017, 11:59 AM
Chin up, mate, the circus hasn't left town. Both clubs are struggling for cash and can't possibly meet fan expectations. There's some laughter ahead :agree:

This will you cheer up: aunt Sally says he's interesting in managing Rangers again.
Listened to him on Talk sport this morning.

Dream team of: Director of football - Souness
Manager - McMoist
Assistant manager - Charlie Adam

None of them do walking away of course. :faf:

rodhibs55
27-10-2017, 12:02 PM

Just as well I've got my extra strong corset on. I think my sides have just burst.

Iain G
27-10-2017, 12:09 PM
Listened to him on Talk sport this morning.

Dream team of: Director of football - Souness
Manager - McMoist
Assistant manager - Charlie Adam

None of them do walking away of course. :faf:

Is there no beginning to Ally's talents? :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
27-10-2017, 03:11 PM
Big Sutton trolling hard

https://youtu.be/u-e7_PAF0kA