PDA

View Full Version : Simon Murray

Captain Trips
25-10-2017, 11:47 PM
An honest pro of a player absolutely delighted to have this guy at the club. He will never give less than 100% every time.

I think there is even more in the locker and would be delighted even at this juncture to extend his contract. He will not fail us with his honest attitude.

Hi Heid Yin
26-10-2017, 12:52 AM
I couldn't agree more.
Simon Murray is our Duracell bunny.
His energy and commitment to our cause is absolutely fantastic and inspiring.
A shrewd acquisition by Neil Lennon.

JohnM1875
26-10-2017, 01:23 AM
An honest pro of a player absolutely delighted to have this guy at the club. He will never give less than 100% every time.

I think there is even more in the locker and would be delighted even at this juncture to extend his contract. He will not fail us with his honest attitude.

Totally agre bud. If you hear his post match interview after the derby you can just tell the type of guy he is. I’m so happy he got a goal again on Tuesday.

Big90inOz
26-10-2017, 01:41 AM
The guy gives 100% every time, chases lost causes, doesn't let the defenders or goalie pick their passes which often results in just an aimless hoof up the park giving us a chance to win back the ball.

And

He doesn't bugger around when he gets an opening, he just puts his foot or head through the ball.

Borderhibbie76
26-10-2017, 07:02 AM
Totally agre bud. If you hear his post match interview after the derby you can just tell the type of guy he is. I’m so happy he got a goal again on Tuesday.What shone thru from.his interview is how much he loves being at Hibs...his enthusiasm is infectious

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

GreenOnions
26-10-2017, 07:25 AM
Agree with all the above - pace, strength, energy and can finish. More than any other player at the club he also has the type of game that can suit a formation where we only play one striker with others playing off him.

ian cruise
26-10-2017, 07:30 AM
Great that he got the goal, I think he needed it to give him a wee boost. He does a lot for the team but I reckon he judges himself on goals so the wee dry spell may have been preying on his mind a bit.

The EEN article where he talks about watching players like Vardy and studying their technique to improve his own game shows how dedicated he is. He will improve and I agree with those suggesting we extend his deal now.

StevieT
26-10-2017, 07:51 AM
The guy gives 100% every time, chases lost causes, doesn't let the defenders or goalie pick their passes which often results in just an aimless hoof up the park giving us a chance to win back the ball.

And

He doesn't bugger around when he gets an opening, he just puts his foot or head through the ball.

This is highlighted after about two seconds in the derby. Have a watch of it and see. Ball gets played back to Hearts defender who takes a bad touch. Murray closes him down quickly and the ball is hoofed out for a throw in.

southern hibby
26-10-2017, 07:57 AM
Watched the game as I recorded it and think it's 28:30 seconds when we get a corner and he walks into the hearts goal picks up their goalies water drinks it then throws what's left back into the corner of the goals.

Absolute brilliance from him and the goal was ok too.😉.

GGTTH

.Sean.
26-10-2017, 08:29 AM
I couldn't agree more.
Simon Murray is our Duracell bunny.
His energy and commitment to our cause is absolutely fantastic and inspiring.
A shrewd acquisition by Neil Lennon.
What tune does this go to?

Roxyhibee
26-10-2017, 08:42 AM
The glorious goal could not have gone to a more deserved player.

Well done again Simon - best is yet to come.

Johnny Clash
26-10-2017, 08:43 AM
Watched the game as I recorded it and think it's 28:30 seconds when we get a corner and he walks into the hearts goal picks up their goalies water drinks it then throws what's left back into the corner of the goals.

GGTTH

Ha ha - nice one Simon Murray.

The jambos is must have clocked that coz one of them did exact same with Rocky’s drink in second half. I must admit, if I was a goalie I’d be tempted to hide my water under my towel and leave out another bottle laced with a mind altering substance!!!!! 😎

GreenOnions
26-10-2017, 09:29 AM
What tune does this go to?

Ernie (the fastest milk cart in the west)

JimBHibees
26-10-2017, 09:36 AM

The jambos is must have clocked that coz one of them did exact same with Rocky’s drink in second half. I must admit, if I was a goalie I’d be tempted to hide my water under my towel and leave out another bottle laced with a mind altering substance!!!!! 😎

Or have 2 bottles one hidden under a towel and one full of urine. :greengrin

lugz
26-10-2017, 09:36 AM
I have to say I wasn't keen on him signing at the time but I really like him now. His work rate is something to be admired and there's definitely talent there.

26-10-2017, 10:02 AM
Loved watching him sing along to SoL at the end, smiling from ear to ear. Also saw on his instagram that he was blaring SoL in his house the day after :thumbsup:

Bristolhibby
26-10-2017, 10:21 AM

GGTTH

My lad noticed that too. Quality noising up!

J

Bristolhibby
26-10-2017, 10:21 AM
Did I read he’s a Hibby? Or have I just made that up?

J

essexhibee
26-10-2017, 10:24 AM
He played an important role Tuesday in chasing and harrying the Hearts centre backs (particularly Berra) who do not like the ball at their feet into hitting it aimlessly long due to not having time on the ball.

He needs to work on his hold up play I think but his goal was brilliantly taken - the touch through the legs was class.

Johnny Clash
26-10-2017, 10:26 AM

J

Well he is now!

essexhibee
26-10-2017, 10:46 AM
Well he is now!

Was singing along to SOL which I thought was a nice touch.

cabbageandribs1875
26-10-2017, 11:01 AM
i want to know why the PA gadgy played freed from desire instead of girls don't like boys girls like simon murray after his goal :I'm waiti

Booked4Being-Ugly
26-10-2017, 11:05 AM

JHe was a Dundee fan growing up. No doubt he’s a dedicated Hibs fan now.

--------
26-10-2017, 11:10 AM

J

Yes, absolutely. No, you didn't.

And I had my doubts when we signed him and I was very wrong.

The lad's a breath of fresh air and that goal was a classic. Terrific strike and we won't see better the rest of the season.

Booked4Being-Ugly
26-10-2017, 11:19 AM
Yes, absolutely. No, you didn't.

And I had my doubts when we signed him and I was very wrong.

The lad's a breath of fresh air and that goal was a classic. Terrific strike and we won't see better the rest of the season.Where did you hear he was a Hibs fan? My Dundee supporting brother in law told me he [Murray] was a Dees fan when he was younger.

Peevemor
26-10-2017, 11:20 AM
TBH I didn't know much about Murray when he signed but was reassured by the fact that it was right at the start of the transfer window and it was obvious a move than NL really wanted.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11792/10898316/dundee-united-striker-simon-murray-signs-for-hibernian

IanM
26-10-2017, 11:21 AM
he also goes weekly to boxing down Leith in his spare time. model pro

Peevemor
26-10-2017, 11:26 AM
Where did you hear he was a Hibs fan? My Dundee supporting brother in law told me he [Murray] was a Dees fan when he was younger.

Whoever he supports, he was absolutely buzzing during his post match interview. I got the impression that he had his hands stuck into his oxters to stop him waving them about going radge.

Itsnoteasy
26-10-2017, 11:41 AM

Henderson done a cracker when we played Raith Rovers in the
SC. He lifted the goalies water & threw it behind advertising boards. A minute later the goalie goes for a drink & nae water there. The look on his face when he couldn't find it was hilarious.