PDA

View Full Version : http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/craig-levein-admits-should-

Tynie01011973
25-10-2017, 09:08 PM
www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/craig-levein-admits-should-

Shows you how clueless Levein is when he thinks a 16 year old will make a difference to Hearts in the Edinburgh Derby.
The youngster has made 4 appearances in total and last night showed he was miles away from being ready to play at SPFL level.
In his 45 mjnutes cameo he could easily have been booked well before his assault on SJM.
Can't remember him having any creative play at all?

As for Brandon and Henderson LOL If that is the standard of youngsters coming through their Academy 😂😂😂

Hibbyradge
25-10-2017, 09:11 PM
Interesting thread title!

:hilarious

Tynie01011973
25-10-2017, 09:15 PM
Interesting thread title!

:hilarious

Sorted 😁

ancient hibee
25-10-2017, 09:19 PM
Is he the youngest player to be booked at this level?

Deansy
25-10-2017, 09:21 PM
www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/craig-levein-admits-should-

Shows you how clueless Levein is when he thinks a 16 year old will make a difference to Hearts in the Edinburgh Derby.
The youngster has made 4 appearances in total and last night showed he was miles away from being ready to play at SPFL level.
In his 45 mjnutes cameo he could easily have been booked well before his assault on SJM.
Can't remember him having any creative play at all?

As for Brandon and Henderson LOL If that is the standard of youngsters coming through their Academy 😂😂😂

“Harry’s quite a tough wee boy. He’ll compete - it’s just that he hasn’t got anywhere near the kind of strength that the players he’s playing against have got'

I read it as Potter's way of publicly endorsing the dirty, wee b******'s assault on SJM but without actually saying so !

Danderhall Hibs
25-10-2017, 09:23 PM
Is he the youngest player to be booked at this level?

He’s the youngest player that’s SJM has ripped the pish out of in a derby.

SouthMoroccoStu
25-10-2017, 09:24 PM
Unless that 16 year old is the reincarnation of Joe Baker then Levein is talking his usual level of intelligence

Hibrandenburg
25-10-2017, 09:33 PM
“Harry’s quite a tough wee boy. He’ll compete - it’s just that he hasn’t got anywhere near the kind of strength that the players he’s playing against have got'

I read it as Potter's way of publicly endorsing the dirty, wee b******'s assault on SJM but without actually saying so !

Dirty wee weasel puss tackled SJM a full 3 seconds after McGinn had played the ball. I still can't believe he stayed on the pitch after that.

Hibbyradge
25-10-2017, 10:03 PM
Sorted 😁

Not quite 😂

25-10-2017, 10:11 PM

Sounds about right. Just what you'd expect from them.

AllyRae
25-10-2017, 10:13 PM
Bit harsh of young Harry, he's my mates laddie and hate that we didn't snap him up as he's got huge potential. Aye, was a shocking challenge on Mcginn and deserved a red but a 16 year-old doesn't deserve the abuse he's been getting. He's a quiet, polite guy who hates losing (unfortunately he'll need to get used to that being with them) and fair play to him for making the grade.

lugz
25-10-2017, 10:25 PM
Bit harsh of young Harry, he's my mates laddie and hate that we didn't snap him up as he's got huge potential. Aye, was a shocking challenge on Mcginn and deserved a red but a 16 year-old doesn't deserve the abuse he's been getting. He's a quiet, polite guy who hates losing (unfortunately he'll need to get used to that being with them) and fair play to him for making the grade.

Unfortunately any potential talent he has will be ruined playing for that lot especially under Levein. All he'll get is a chronic neck issue watching the ball fly over his head constantly.

calumhibee1
25-10-2017, 10:27 PM

By putting in challenges like that he deserves all the abuse he gets. Could make a case for the point you're making if it had just been a bit late or a bit reckless, but it was a shocker and couldn't have been more deliberate.

Foritza
25-10-2017, 10:40 PM

Actually felt sorry for the young player making his debutagainst Hibs. A young boy is going to emulate what his senior players aredoing. So after watching his older team mate’s lack of pace. Kicking andpushing and pulling back anything that passed them then sure he is going tocopy players that he should be looking up to. If the young boy is a footballplayer then under Hearts and Levein he is at the wrong Club. Class ispermanent. If the young boy has any aspirations for his career. He should getaway from the ‘Pub Team’ or he will get dragged down to their level. This isnot a vindictive post .but from someone who has been there and feels for youngplayers. You don’t want to be remembered for a tackle that was late . but foryour input into a game that you helped influence.

Unseen work
25-10-2017, 10:47 PM
If we were losing 1-0 to Hearts and we put on a 16 year old who nailed their best player I would say good on him.

He was one of their better players and unfortunately none of the older or more experienced players helped him out or got stuck in.

It was a shocking tackle and was lucky not to see a red card, he showed far more than any other hearts player though imo

AllyRae
25-10-2017, 10:53 PM
I agree he's at wrong club to learn much and he's already been told when Cowie and the other hammer thrower are back he's back to the 20s. Not arguing the challenge wasnt a shocker as it was but some of the things that were bring shouted at him were inexcusable, let's leave that to the rugby fans in maroon. He's a talented lad and has shown that for Scotland, he could've been a good signing for us.

monktonharp
25-10-2017, 11:02 PM
Bit harsh of young Harry, he's my mates laddie and hate that we didn't snap him up as he's got huge potential. Aye, was a shocking challenge on Mcginn and deserved a red but a 16 year-old doesn't deserve the abuse he's been getting. He's a quiet, polite guy who hates losing (unfortunately he'll need to get used to that being with them) and fair play to him for making the grade.:confused:go away. he was a dirty wee sheite and should have walked, after taking a fellow professional player oot, the way he did.

Thecat23
25-10-2017, 11:02 PM
Was he ever with us? Where did Hearts get him! I thought for a 16 year old lad he wasn’t any worse than the cowards in his team!

monktonharp
25-10-2017, 11:09 PM
If we were losing 1-0 to Hearts and we put on a 16 year old who nailed their best player I would say good on him.

He was one of their better players and unfortunately none of the older or more experienced players helped him out or got stuck in.

It was a shocking tackle and was lucky not to see a red card, he showed far more than any other hearts player though imoyou'd be as well saying..................we're a goal doon against a real fitba' team. kick them off the park, especially their best and we might yet get something oot o' this:rolleyes:

Unseen work
25-10-2017, 11:16 PM
you'd be as well saying..................we're a goal doon against a real fitba' team. kick them off the park, especially their best and we might yet get something oot o' this:rolleyes:

If we were losing to hearts then and that was our only option of a result, then yes I would say that.

But we are better ham hearts in every department so don’t have to resort to that nonsense.

greenlex
26-10-2017, 04:39 AM
I agree he's at wrong club to learn much and he's already been told when Cowie and the other hammer thrower are back he's back to the 20s. Not arguing the challenge wasnt a shocker as it was but some of the things that were bring shouted at him were inexcusable, let's leave that to the rugby fans in maroon. He's a talented lad and has shown that for Scotland, he could've been a good signing for us.

If he’s gonna play with the big boys and try and act like he big boys he’s gonna have to put up with what the big boys put up with from opposition fans. If you are saying his challenge was a result of things said then he needs another career. If you’re not then I’m not sure what your point is regards what’s being shouted at him. If he’s going to make a worthwhile career as a footballer he’s going to have to grow a real thick skin real quick. The dirty wee ****.

easty
26-10-2017, 06:47 AM

**** him. Deserves all the abuse he gets.

AllyRae
26-10-2017, 08:41 AM
He was with Rangers and both Hibs and Hearts were interested, unfortunately he went to the dark side! Huge future in the game.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: It was a bad challenge in a derby, get over it! Shouting hoping for a laddie to "die of AIDS" and a lot worse? Aye hard men!! No wonder our young talent f*** off down south :confused:

pacoluna
26-10-2017, 08:50 AM
He was with Rangers and both Hibs and Hearts were interested, unfortunately he went to the dark side! Huge future in the game.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: It was a bad challenge in a derby, get over it! Shouting hoping for a laddie to "die of AIDS" and a lot worse? Aye hard men!! No wonder our young talent f*** off down south :confused:

Aye because its all rosey down south :faf: :faf:

-Jonesy-
26-10-2017, 09:05 AM

Went in late knee high on one of scotlands best young talents, **** the little dirty scrote, no sympathy

blackpoolhibs
26-10-2017, 09:26 AM

I am not interested in him catching aids, but what i do want is for him to be snapped in half a few times so he knows what its like.

Then we will see how much of a hard man he is.

****in hearts prick.

Bostonhibby
26-10-2017, 09:27 AM
Went in late knee high on one of scotlands best young talents, **** the little dirty scrote, no sympathy

Looked deliberate as well, obviously another candidate for the painter role trying to endear himself to the hordes. If that's the standard he's heading down the same road as most of the yams one season superstars.

JimBHibees
26-10-2017, 09:32 AM

Suggest he needs to grow a thicker skin if he is listening to fans abuse. Not sure what he would expect after trying to seriously injure one of our best players. Thought he looked promising however should have walked which may have helped him in the long run and got him to concentrate on playing football rather than karate.

Geo_1875
He may be a talented youngster but if he buys into Levein's football philosophy he'll end up plying his trade at Stenhousemuir or Arbroath.

SirDavidsNapper
Great way to destroy a 16 year olds confidence. Throw him in against a vastly superior team in a derby and let him get hung out to dry. Great management by Potter.

CallumLaidlaw
26-10-2017, 09:39 AM
Anthony Brown from the EEN called it right on the MNF podcast last night. He said in the context of a 16yr old playing in an Edinburgh Derby, he done well, but if the same performance was put in by a 25yr old he'd be getting the same criticism as the rest of them.

As for the challenge, its a red. No intention to play the ball. It's about 20 yards away and as he approached mcginn, all he's doing is watching the man instead of the ball.

Hibbyradge
26-10-2017, 09:52 AM
Looked deliberate as well, obviously another candidate for the painter role trying to endear himself to the hordes. If that's the standard he's heading down the same road as most of the yams one season superstars.

Looked deliberate?

The ball was 10 yards away before he cleared out SJM.

Some of the comments are over the top, though.

If it had been a Hibs youngster who'd done that in similar circumstances, there would be plenty on here praising him.

The problem isn't with the laddie. It's the cynical attitude of the managers that's to blame.

It's not difficult to imagine Kevin telling the boy to do anything necessary to stop anyone getting past, in the knowledge that a red card wouldn't affect hertz next team selection.

I watched the Aberdeen game last night and McLeish openy criticised Aberdeen players for not "taking out" Tierney on his run before the second goal.

Add into that the fact that Levein said the Derbies are not about football and it's easy to think that the laddie was under instructions.

He should have walked though so the ref has compounded the outrage.

Tynie01011973
26-10-2017, 09:58 AM

Would you still be saying that if he had seriously injured SJM with that challenge?
He may be young but anyone who does that deserves all the abuse coming his way!

Bostonhibby
26-10-2017, 10:00 AM
Looked deliberate?

If it had been a Hibs youngster who'd done that in similar circumstances, there would be plenty on here praising him.

The problem isn't with the laddie. It's the cynical attitude of the managers that's to blame.

It's not difficult to imagine Kevin telling the boy to do anything necessary to stop anyone getting past, in the knowledge that a red card wouldn't affect hertz next team selection.

I watched the Aberdeen game last night and McLeish openy criticised Aberdeen players for not "taking out" Tierney on his run before the second goal.

Add into that the fact that Levein said the Derbies are not about football and it's easy to think that the laddie was under instructions.

I think it was deliberate as well but I've no way of knowing what was in the boys head. I suspect, as you say he was doing exactly what his manager tells the players, and is engrained in the culture of the club.

You could also say he was following the example set by their more senior players, their so called hard man Callachan being an example - he couldn't lay a glove on us though.

calumhibee1
26-10-2017, 10:34 AM

I find it hard to believe anyone shouted that at him.

Kato
26-10-2017, 11:27 AM
Looked deliberate?

They have a string of 16 year olds signed up and they will hung out to dry by Potter whilst the EEN soft soaps the gunts by proclaiming them as "the future", fast forward a few years and they'll be playing for Brechin, Berwick etc. It'll buy Potter time though.

WeeRussell
26-10-2017, 12:10 PM
I find it hard to believe anyone shouted that at him.

I don't.

As for the tackle - I thought at the time it was easily a red, without seeing any replays. Looked to me that he was frustrated at being skinned (and how good McGinn was playing them) and decided to chop him.

Could have hauled him down or made a cynical foul.. but no he wanted to go in with a high and late challenge. Red.

But he didn't, he got booked. These tackles happen in games, especially derbies, from time to time. The fact he's only 16 isn't an excuse.. but no need to linger on it or continue abusing him for it.

(albeit I was out my seat, and into the row of stairs, at the time :greengrin)

Kato
26-10-2017, 12:26 PM
I don't.

As for the tackle - I thought at the time it was easily a red, without seeing any replays. Looked to me that he was frustrated at being skinned (and how good McGinn was playing them) and decided to chop him.

Could have hauled him down or made a cynical foul.. but no he wanted to go in with a high and late challenge. Red.

But he didn't, he got booked. These tackles happen in games, especially derbies, from time to time. The fact he's only 16 isn't an excuse.. but no need to linger on it or continue abusing him for it.

(albeit I was out my seat, and into the row of stairs, at the time :greengrin)

There's three seconds between McGinn touching the ball forward and Cochrane halving him. Totally deliberate.

-Jonesy-
26-10-2017, 12:38 PM
Anyone who thinks it wasn't a deliberate chop on a player clean through needs to put the maroon crack pipe down

ian omand
26-10-2017, 12:38 PM

Ally,

Would the location of his home's distance from riccarton and East mains have influenced his decision to go to the dark side?

Danderhall Hibs
26-10-2017, 12:48 PM
Anyone who thinks it wasn't a deliberate chop on a player clean through needs to put the maroon crack pipe down

If it wasn’t deliberate he’s miles off the pace and nowhere near ready for men’s football.

easty
26-10-2017, 01:39 PM
There's three seconds between McGinn touching the ball forward and Cochrane halving him. Totally deliberate.

Steady on, maybe 3 seconds in the slow motion replay. :aok:

Clear deliberate foul though, obviously, I cannae understand anyone thinking otherwise.

26-10-2017, 01:41 PM

Harry C*ckring.

AllyRae
26-10-2017, 01:42 PM
Ian, I'm not totally sure, all his dad has said is that the set up at both hibs and hearts was far superior to anything at rangers and that's from a die hard sevco fan who scouts for the youths.

I'm not arguing that it wasn't a late and a reckless challenge or that it wasn't a straight red as it was. Potter may have told him to commit these challenges and if he did yeah he's going to ruin the laddies natural ability. All I was saying is that abuse he received was ott. That comment was aimed at him and worse, surely we're above That?

CentreLine
26-10-2017, 02:25 PM
Ian, I'm not totally sure, all his dad has said is that the set up at both hibs and hearts was far superior to anything at rangers and that's from a die hard sevco fan who scouts for the youths.

I'm not arguing that it wasn't a late and a reckless challenge or that it wasn't a straight red as it was. Potter may have told him to commit these challenges and if he did yeah he's going to ruin the laddies natural ability. All I was saying is that abuse he received was ott. That comment was aimed at him and worse, surely we're above That?

:agree:

Young lad making his derby debut gets a bit carried away. Can't cope with the situation he has been thrown in to by Levein and goes over the top. Absolutely a red card but do we really need to sink the level of personal abuse and insults of a laddie barely out of short trousers? If anyone deserves the insults it is CL who clearly coaches his players to punctuate every game with fowls

green day
26-10-2017, 02:32 PM
If anyone deserves the insults it is CL who clearly coaches his players to punctuate every game with fowls

It's a chicken and egg situation.

WeeRussell
26-10-2017, 03:17 PM
Having now seen the replay.. I'm not simply thinking it easily could have been red, but now 100% convinced it was a bad decision not to send him off!!! Even worse than what I thought at first.

Kaff
26-10-2017, 03:34 PM

If those comments have affected him then it also indicates that he isnt mature enough to handle adult football yet, his tackle on McGinn showed a recklessness with a fellow pros health and that concerns me more than verbal abuse from the crowd.
Hope Hearts continue blooding these youngsters as Henderson looked anything but an athlete, Brandon was generally bypassed and when the heat was on Cochrane blew it. We had Shaw unused and he showed his bottle on Saturday

scotia44
26-10-2017, 03:49 PM
As other posters have said CL is to blame much like baldy Houston coached some good Falkirk laddies to be thugs before fitba players and looked what happened to those boys. Coaches have a huge role to play in these boys development and you can see which path both CL & PH prefer to take them.

InchHibby
26-10-2017, 03:49 PM

Your right he did deserve a red but you don’t land tackles like that just because you hate losing, especially at that age, I think he’s followed instructions on the overall game plan of Levine in, we can’t beat them at playing football but we’ll stop them playing football any way we can. Tell your pal to get his laddie out oh there.

Firestarter
26-10-2017, 03:52 PM
Could someone post a replay of the incident please?

Iggy Pope
26-10-2017, 04:00 PM
:agree:

Young lad making his derby debut gets a bit carried away. Can't cope with the situation he has been thrown in to by Levein and goes over the top. Absolutely a red card but do we really need to sink the level of personal abuse and insults of a laddie barely out of short trousers? If anyone deserves the insults it is CL who clearly coaches his players to punctuate every game with fowls

Levein won't die of AIDS.Unless wee Jimmy Krankie is using dirty needles.
And if he continues to permeate his side with chickens, then hell mend him.

lapsedhibee
26-10-2017, 04:01 PM
Could someone post a replay of the incident please?

About 4'35" in to the highlights here (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41646985).

Hibbyradge
26-10-2017, 04:18 PM
Levein won't die of AIDS.Unless wee Jimmy Krankie is using dirty needles.
And if he continues to permeate his side with chickens, then hell mend him.

Very sharp, Mr Pope.

When it comes to spotting pun opportunities, you have no equails.

blackpoolhibs
26-10-2017, 04:28 PM
Very sharp, Mr Pope.

When it comes to spotting pun opportunities, you have no equails.

FFS dont egg him on.

The_Sauz
26-10-2017, 04:41 PM

A part from JC and Fletcher, what other young talent has gone south :confused:
As to the AIDS shout, in all the years of supporting Hibs, I have never heard a Hibs fan shout that at a player! Hearts fans are well known to shout that sort of abuse at Hibs players and fans :agree:

Firestarter
26-10-2017, 06:30 PM
About 4'35" in to the highlights here (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41646985).

Thanks. That's actual assault by the wee hearts ****.

Firestarter
26-10-2017, 06:32 PM
I thought our support was the bunch of aids ridden junkies? Hard to keep up with the times these days.

green day
26-10-2017, 09:38 PM

As a matter of interest, what was worse that was said to him?

I've never heard any hibs fan say an opposing player should "die of aids" but gave heard plenty Jambo's call us junkie aids ridden vermin.

Hibrandenburg
27-10-2017, 06:28 AM

Looked deliberate? He went in a full 3 seconds after McGinn had played the ball. It wasn't a tackle, it was attempted assault.

theonlywayisup
27-10-2017, 06:40 AM
Harry who?

Best ignored. Bad challenge, should have been sent off. I think in ten years time, this will probably be the highlight of his career when he recounts his past football experiences to the guys down at some second division team. "Do you remember the day I chopped down Scotland star, John McGinn".

Bostonhibby
27-10-2017, 06:54 AM
Looked deliberate? He went in a full 3 seconds after McGinn had played the ball. It wasn't a tackle, it was attempted assault.You need to read my later post.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

mjhibby
27-10-2017, 06:59 AM
My jambo mate says there are in transition, money needed for the stand, injuries yadayada. Translated means we're skint and we are better than them. He did point out they are still close to us which is true and hopefully we can finish off teams when so on top. I'm sure we will be top six but we would be third if we had converted the draws with dundee and St Johnstone into wins. As for injuries I pointed out stokes, mcgregor, swanson, Fontaine to which he let slip that we have a strong squad and that potter almost achieved a bore draw if Murray hadn't have scored. Even he is hoodwinked by Potter and he's one of the sane jambos.

TheHarpy76
27-10-2017, 07:08 AM
An inexperienced 16 year old lets his frustration get the better of him.
It was a shocker of a tackle and he showed have walked (personally I think if it was an older player he would have and the ref cut him a break).
However there’s no need for some of the abuse being directed at the boy. Some of you are acting as if none of our players have ever put in a shocker of a tackle.

Hibee87
27-10-2017, 07:31 AM
FFS is this still being discussed? Yes it should have a been a red, but how many players (ours included) would take down the player instead of letting them get in on goal? Its a professional foul.

Put it this way, reverse the situation and scoreline and i bet the vast majority on here would be livid had a hibs player not took the man down and let him through on goal in a Derby. McGinn is even in the paper saying there is no hard feelings. Lets move on.

MWHIBBIES
27-10-2017, 07:38 AM
FFS is this still being discussed? Yes it should have a been a red, but how many players (ours included) would take down the player instead of letting them get in on goal? Its a professional foul.

Put it this way, reverse the situation and scoreline and i bet the vast majority on here would be livid had a hibs player not took the man down and let him through on goal in a Derby. McGinn is even in the paper saying there is no hard feelings. Lets move on.
A professional foul is pulling his shirt or tripping him, this was trying to injured someone who made him look like the silly laddy that he is.

Firestarter
27-10-2017, 08:08 AM

I'm sure deeks got sent off for doing similar to big nose in one derby. They always seem to get away with this on the pitch. I'm sure they have been done a good few times by the compliance officer after the game which gives no advantage to us at the time.

It was a professional foul with intent to injure = red card.

-Jonesy-
27-10-2017, 08:14 AM
I'm sure deeks got sent off for doing similar to big nose in one derby. They always seem to get away with this on the pitch. I'm sure they have been done a good few times by the compliance officer after the game which gives no advantage to us at the time.

Remember that, right through the back of him just outside the hearts 18 yard line. Think he was captain that day also. Don't remember many people on here celebrating the moment.

CRAZYHIBBY
27-10-2017, 08:15 AM
Theres been several derbies over the years where we had been needing a player to put that kind of reckless challenge in....maybe we wouldnt have lost so many games if they had

Hibee87
27-10-2017, 08:25 AM
A professional foul is pulling his shirt or tripping him, this was trying to injured someone who made him look like the silly laddy that he is.
OK maybe my wording of prof fouls was incorrect, but do you honestly think his thought and intetion was to Injure him. Im pretty sure it was a split second '**** he is in on goal, im taking him down' ......mountain is being made here IMO

Kato
27-10-2017, 08:33 AM
Theres been several derbies over the years where we had been needing a player to put that kind of reckless challenge in....maybe we wouldnt have lost so many games if they had

Aye, cos it worked for them on Tuesday.

JimBHibees
27-10-2017, 08:35 AM
OK maybe my wording of prof fouls was incorrect, but do you honestly think his thought and intetion was to Injure him. Im pretty sure it was a split second '**** he is in on goal, im taking him down' ......mountain is being made here IMO

Whether his intention was to injure or not the reckless nature of the challenge knee high could easily have ended up in a bad long term injury.

CallumLaidlaw
27-10-2017, 08:45 AM
My jambo mate says there are in transition, money needed for the stand, injuries yadayada. Translated means we're skint and we are better than them. He did point out they are still close to us which is true and hopefully we can finish off teams when so on top. I'm sure we will be top six but we would be third if we had converted the draws with dundee and St Johnstone into wins. As for injuries I pointed out stokes, mcgregor, swanson, Fontaine to which he let slip that we have a strong squad and that potter almost achieved a bore draw if Murray hadn't have scored. Even he is hoodwinked by Potter and he's one of the sane jambos.

Surely you can only claim to NEARLY getting a "bore draw" if its a late winner??? They were 1 down after 3 minutes :thumbsup:

Firestarter
27-10-2017, 08:45 AM
Remember that, right through the back of him just outside the hearts 18 yard line. Think he was captain that day also. Don't remember many people on here celebrating the moment.

Yeah he was captain that day too - perhaps Calderwood :rolleyes:

YanYansen
27-10-2017, 12:01 PM

By putting in challenges like that he deserves all the abuse he gets. Could make a case for the point you're making if it had just been a bit late or a bit reckless, but it was a shocker and couldn't have been more deliberate.

Correct - I'm sorry, but for me he only got away with it because he's 16. And the only reason anyone has any sympathy with him now, is because he's 16.

Calumhibee is spot on - that wasn't "late" or "mistimed". The ball was long gone, and he had at least 3 or 4 seconds to decide not to make that tackle - but no, he went right ahead and took John out. "Hating losing" does not excuse recklessly and deliberately cleaning players out. If you are gonnae make premeditated "challenges" like that, you have to expect some abuse, and frankly you deserve it.

So, 16 or not 16 - ****** him, dirty wee Hearts bast**d.

bigwheel
27-10-2017, 12:06 PM

Looks a real talent - very quick feet. Would have been quite a learning 45 mins for him ....

neil7908
27-10-2017, 12:29 PM
On the list of things wrong with that club a 16 year old doing something incredibly daft is pretty low down.

He never should have been near the pitch in the first place, that's Potters fault.

Not condoning the tackle, it was awful and without question the easiest red you'll ever see but for me his age is absolutely a factor. When you put young, inexperienced kids in situations they aren't ready for they do stupid (and sometimes dangerous things) - is that a surprise?

Eyrie
27-10-2017, 05:37 PM
Put it this way, reverse the situation and scoreline and i bet the vast majority on here would be livid had a hibs player not took the man down and let him through on goal in a Derby.

Dave Beaumont anyone?

Cochrane is supposed to be a professional footballer, so his age is irrelevant and if he commits a foul like that then he deserves to get abuse from the opposing fans.

Billy Whizz
27-10-2017, 05:57 PM
Dave Beaumont anyone?

Cochrane is supposed to be a professional footballer, so his age is irrelevant and if he commits a foul like that then he deserves to get abuse from the opposing fans.

Where has been getting abuse, other than on here? You

27-10-2017, 07:29 PM
If SJM had done that tackle on Cochrane kickback would've had a thread 50 pages long by now slating him.

The rules for the compliance officer should be changed so yellow cards can be upgraded to reds.

lord bunberry
27-10-2017, 08:16 PM
That’s the first time I’ve seen that. Unbelievable that he wasn’t given a red card.

Tyler Durden
27-10-2017, 08:49 PM

Yeah and Ian Murray got sent off for a similar one on McGeady once in a game towards end of the season at Parkhead.

Yet we've seen this shocker on McGinn and Stevie Mays assault on Boyle which only got yellow cards. The refs don't apply the laws. I'm amazed McGinn hasn't had a serious injury with some of the treatment he's had this season

Deansy
27-10-2017, 09:14 PM
Looked deliberate? He went in a full 3 seconds after McGinn had played the ball. It wasn't a tackle, it was attempted assault.

It WAS assault -not one of those mis-placed/mis-timed things ! Even if the little-b*****d had stopped to say sorry or even looked at SJM to see how he was, it might've helped things but he doesn't - just gets up and scampers off !!

It'd be really interesting to see a video of their bench/Levein when it happened - getting an image of the proud Levein standing there with a 'That's ma boy' look on his coupon !!

Eyrie
27-10-2017, 10:14 PM
Where has been getting abuse, other than on here? You

At the game according to this post.

E10 Rifle
27-10-2017, 10:39 PM

In some respects you have to admire a 16 year old getting stuck in to the opposition and abusing the ref (more than once) in the way he did - takes guts and what you might call 'character'. Ultimately though he's a professional footballer, put in a shocking challenge (as well as a couple of others that may well have warranted a card), and therefore deserves to be berated just like any other player (regardless of age) in the same situation. Sorry :yamlaugh:

monktonharp
27-10-2017, 10:53 PM
Looked deliberate? He went in a full 3 seconds after McGinn had played the ball. It wasn't a tackle, it was attempted assault.nope. actual assault

monktonharp
27-10-2017, 11:01 PM
An inexperienced 16 year old lets his frustration get the better of him.
It was a shocker of a tackle and he showed have walked (personally I think if it was an older player he would have and the ref cut him a break).
However there’s no need for some of the abuse being directed at the boy. Some of you are acting as if none of our players have ever put in a shocker of a tackle.tonight is the first I have heard of this so called abuse. is it on social media? at the match, feelings are high in a derby, and some might rant abuse which is fairly normal if I can say, when the end result is Paramount. no one near me in the East actually wanted him to die of Aids. that comment is more than silly. his action though was unbelievably silly. I await your comment on this.

Tornadoes70
27-10-2017, 11:02 PM

Absolutely. Those of us with a memory of the yams over manies a year will always pre warn of yam aggression and physicality that won't always be punished while a more moderate Hibs tackle was overly punished. Think of Stuart Dougal and nothing more needs to be said. There has been a few recent reverses with Steven McLean in the SC v Hun final being most noticeable and most gratefully accepted when we won the Holy Grail.

GGTTH

monktonharp
27-10-2017, 11:13 PM
In some respects you have to admire a 16 year old getting stuck in to the opposition and abusing the ref (more than once) in the way he did - takes guts and what you might call 'character'. Oh aye, he's a character right enough, what a laddie , what's he gonnae dae next his Da might say:rolleyes:

AllyRae
28-10-2017, 11:54 AM
MonktonHarp, must have had an altercation with an imaginary fan then 🙄 Point was the abuse was ott not whether it was a red or not, it was 100% a red.

Mantis Toboggan
28-10-2017, 01:23 PM
He was honking today.