PDA

View Full Version : Hearts celebrating draws

I'm_cabbaged
25-10-2017, 07:09 PM
What match was it when they ran up hand in hand to their fans like they’d won the champions league after scraping a draw against us? Pretty sure Locke was in charge at the time?

Danderhall Hibs
25-10-2017, 07:11 PM
What match was it when they ran up hand in hand to their fans like they’d won the champions league after scraping a draw against us? Pretty sure Locke was in charge at the time?

Happened more than once mate. Mind it when Stevie Fail was in charge as well.

MyJo
25-10-2017, 07:13 PM
They were celebrating winning a throw-in last night. :faf:

Libby Hibby
25-10-2017, 07:16 PM
They celebrate anything against us Bar a defeat

Skol
25-10-2017, 07:17 PM
Currently celebrating having been able to enjoy the contingency they put in place

Danderhall Hibs
25-10-2017, 07:18 PM
The biggest thing I can see them celebrating after last night is the young laddie hacking SJM.

Celebrating their latest superstar being 5 yards off the pace of their rivals superstar.

Sir David Gray
25-10-2017, 07:21 PM
November 2007 under Stevie Frail, 1-1 draw at Easter Road.

They did a lap of honour round the away end at full time.

Booked4Being-Ugly
25-10-2017, 07:38 PM
The biggest thing I can see them celebrating after last night is the young laddie hacking SJM.

Celebrating their latest superstar being 5 yards off the pace of their rivals superstar.I looked over at that point and the entire away end was cheering that tackle. How *****e do you have to be for that to be the highlight of your night!

kaimendhibs
25-10-2017, 07:39 PM
They were celebrating winning a throw-in last night. :faf:

Noticed that 😂😂😂😂

Sir David Gray
25-10-2017, 07:42 PM
I looked over at that point and the entire away end was cheering that tackle. How *****e do you have to be for that to be the highlight of your night!

You have to bear in mind that their best player is Kyle Lafferty.

You would consider that to be the highlight of your night as well if he was your star man.

matty_f
25-10-2017, 07:43 PM
They've been celebrating conceding a late free kick as well.

HibbyAndy
25-10-2017, 07:50 PM

:agree:

Absolutely scandelous how they reacted that day..Fail slid on his knees towards the hearts end looking up at the sky as if they had won the world cup punching the air.

Cringiest moment in world football

renato
25-10-2017, 07:55 PM
I looked over at that point and the entire away end was cheering that tackle. How *****e do you have to be for that to be the highlight of your night!

I saw that too. Absolute cringe.

SaulGoodman
25-10-2017, 08:10 PM
Mind when that Ozturk **** scored that goal to make it 1-1 a couple seasons back and they named a pint after it :hilarious

NadeAteMyLunch!
25-10-2017, 08:17 PM
I also mind Craig Thomson(no the ref) kissing the Hearts badge and throwing his strip into the crowd after they scraped a late 2-2 after Vaz Te had put us in the lead a few years back.
Classic yam rewriting of history ensures these things never happened though and it's only us that celebrate draws at Tynecastle. That's been their chat after our two recent Scottish cup draws, ignoring the fact that we've celebrated getting them back for an Easter Rd pumping as opposed to celebrating a point.

25-10-2017, 08:36 PM

Hahahahaha I remember that and the whole holding hands 3 cheers thing. Big team my arse!

Sir David Gray
25-10-2017, 09:14 PM
Mind when that Ozturk **** scored that goal to make it 1-1 a couple seasons back and they named a pint after it :hilarious

The SPFL Facebook page was asking yesterday if that was the most iconic Edinburgh Derby goal ever? :faf:

ian cruise
25-10-2017, 09:19 PM
The SPFL Facebook page was asking yesterday if that was the most iconic Edinburgh Derby goal ever? :faf:

Not iconic but jammiest definitely. Even his tram mates admitted he tried it every day in training and never scored. I don't blame hibs for standing off him, he had no right to score from there. Fortune favours the bold though.

Eyrie
25-10-2017, 10:04 PM

Six inches lower and Oxley saves it, six inches higher and it hits the bar.

Unless "iconic" has a previously undiscovered meaning of "complete fluke" then the answer has to be "no". "Iconic" would be Latapy in the 6-2 game which demonstrated how we believe Hibs should always play.

Deansy
25-10-2017, 10:24 PM
Don't they have supporter's buses named after corners they've won ??

iwasthere1972
26-10-2017, 06:38 AM
I remember them celebrating a draw at Dundee in 1986 when they won the league

tanfield
26-10-2017, 06:59 AM

That's right, tears of joy and everything

Diclonius
26-10-2017, 07:05 AM
To be fair, there'll be a fair few people on here (myself included) who's favourite derby is 2-2.

Carheenlea
26-10-2017, 08:53 AM
Celebrating Derby wins is a given, but coming from behind to snatch draws is also worthy of celebration - love the derbys, love to win them, but hate to lose them. Sometimes the draw can be equally enjoyable in certain circumstances.

SirDavidsNapper
26-10-2017, 09:35 AM

Remember it well. They used to celebrate draws against us like victories. Still would.

26-10-2017, 09:46 AM
To be fair, there'll be a fair few people on here (myself included) who's favourite derby is 2-2.

True but slightly different considering we weren't celebrating a point.

26-10-2017, 09:48 AM
Celebrating Derby wins is a given, but coming from behind to snatch draws is also worthy of celebration - love the derbys, love to win them, but hate to lose them. Sometimes the draw can be equally enjoyable in certain circumstances.

Maybe if you come from at least a couple behind like we did last year and they did in the 4-4 derby but celebrating 1-1 like you've won the league whilst you claim to be "the big team" against a team you also claim is "wee and insignificant" is beyond cringe.

Bostonhibby
26-10-2017, 09:49 AM
Did they celebrate their famous draw in Malta? I can't remember how that worked out.

Hillsidehibby
26-10-2017, 10:09 AM
I can remember Pressley giving it the big chest thumping to them after a glorious draw.

McSwanky
26-10-2017, 10:33 AM

Stop it, I'm still trying to forget that, such a painful day for us Hibbies. Think it was Levein that scored the equaliser?

Firestarter
26-10-2017, 11:31 AM
Boxing Day 2000/2011 Lovel put us 1-0 over there they equalised midway through the second and clung for a draw with celebrations all round the dump.

EskbankHibby
26-10-2017, 11:55 AM
2-2 game at Easter Road when Vaz Te scored, they were celebrating on the pitch with that one.

I think there was another draw since at Easter Road (?1-1) where they encroached on the pitch in wild celebration of a draw too.

SanFranHibs
26-10-2017, 02:50 PM
I can understand that they celebrate league match draws, particularly against us.

After all, in the Cups they don't get to participate in too many 'draws'.

As The Hibs go marching on......

:flag::flag::flag::flag:

CRAZYHIBBY
26-10-2017, 03:08 PM

The 2-2 game on route to winning the Scottish was fantastic

YanYansen
26-10-2017, 03:09 PM

That Ozturk game a couple of seasons ago - they were losing their **** entirely at the end there. Dinnae blame them, really, we'd have done the same (and have done) at Tynie. It's the fact that they appear to think that only we do it which confirms their absolute imbecility.

SirDavidsNapper
26-10-2017, 03:14 PM
I remember them doing it often at ER around the first Levein era. Big run ups to the away stand klinsman slides the lot.

Smartie
26-10-2017, 05:22 PM
The 2-2 game on route to winning the Scottish was fantastic

I've stopped slagging them for celebrating draws as a result of my wild celebration of that one.

You just knew that it was a big result at the time, but what came later elevated it many levels higher.

I'd go as far as to say the only derbies that rank higher than that 2-2 are the 6-2 and Millennium Derby games.

We were dead and buried, 2-0 down away to our biggest rivals from a higher division, yet we dug deep and the rest is history........

They'll be entitled to celebrate wildly the next time they avoid defeat to us.

SirDavidsNapper
26-10-2017, 06:48 PM
I've stopped slagging them for celebrating draws as a result of my wild celebration of that one.

You just knew that it was a big result at the time, but what came later elevated it many levels higher.

I'd go as far as to say the only derbies that rank higher than that 2-2 are the 6-2 and Millennium Derby games.

We were dead and buried, 2-0 down away to our biggest rivals from a higher division, yet we dug deep and the rest is history........

They'll be entitled to celebrate wildly the next time they avoid defeat to us.

I get what you're saying but to be 2-0 down away from home in a knock out competition with 10 mins to go and draw 2-2 was as close to the feeling of a victory as you can get. They celebrate draws in run of the mill league games.