PDA

View Full Version : Pre match vs motherwell

SChibs
25-10-2017, 06:20 PM
This is my first time going away to motherwell on Saturday and I'm just wondering what pubs near the stadium / station will have the Man utd vs spurs game on? I've seen a few on Google but don't want to turn up to one to find its not on!

Hibernia&Alba
25-10-2017, 06:25 PM
Doesn't the Fir Park social club usually welcome away fans? And, of course, it's next door to the stadium.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-10-2017, 07:10 PM
I would imagine the Hearts v The Huns game will be on in that neck of the woods.

SChibs
25-10-2017, 07:19 PM
I would imagine the Hearts v The Huns game will be on in that neck of the woods.

Forgot about that, hopefully find a pub full of hibbys and make a case of changing a TV to the other game if possible

SideBurns
25-10-2017, 08:08 PM
We'll have bairns in tow - I believe there's a Wetherspoons near the station which presumably will take our custom, but does anyone know of other pubs which might be showing the fitba we could consider (no sure if the aforementioned social club might be the job)?

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-10-2017, 08:17 PM
Theres two or three pubs between the station and The 'spoons, cannae mind their names though.

Carheenlea
25-10-2017, 08:37 PM
Doesn't the Fir Park social club usually welcome away fans? And, of course, it's next door to the stadium.

I don't think the club is open any more. Might be wrong, but pretty sure it closed down.

Wee Effen Bee
25-10-2017, 08:46 PM
I don't think the club is open any more. Might be wrong, but pretty sure it closed down.

We used to give the Carfin Celtic SC a wee call a day or so beforehand to let them know a few extra bob would be made if space was made for us. Never refused! Cheapish drink, pies and early kick off fitba games on the tellybox.:aok:

SideBurns
25-10-2017, 09:01 PM
We used to give the Carfin Celtic SC a wee call a day or so beforehand to let them know a few extra bob would be made if space was made for us. Never refused! Cheapish drink, pies and early kick off fitba games on the tellybox.:aok:

I started to Google "Carfin.." and the first thing that came up was "Carfin Hibernian Social Club.."! I'm aware this won't have anything to do with our fitba club but just wondering if anyone has been over the door...?

blackpoolhibs
25-10-2017, 09:04 PM
I started to Google "Carfin.." and the first thing that came up was "Carfin Hibernian Social Club.."! I'm aware this won't have anything to do with our fitba club but just wondering if anyone has been over the door...?

Been in there a couple of times, cheap beer and a decent place. :top marks

Sergey
25-10-2017, 09:14 PM
Carfin also had a dog track when I was a lad. I recall my grandfather refusing to be paid out when one of his dogs won for 'winning by too far'.

It was a complete and utter dump back then.

Hibernia&Alba
25-10-2017, 09:17 PM
Carfin is the most Catholic place in the world outside the Vatican. It's basically a religious retreat :greengrin

SideBurns
25-10-2017, 09:21 PM
Been in there a couple of times, cheap beer and a decent place. :top marks

Cheers BH. Any idea how far it is from Fir Park? The last time I was in Motherwell I think Wright & Jackson scored in a 2-0 win (Jesus, Mary & Joseph - has it really been that long!!?)!

Johnny Clash
25-10-2017, 09:42 PM

Stopped off there with a few busses of Hibs supporters prior to a cup final years ago. Decent place and locals were friendly.

DH1875
26-10-2017, 06:41 AM

Was in it a few years ago and it was pretty decent. Had buckfast on tap if you fancy giving it a try :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
26-10-2017, 07:43 AM
Cheers BH. Any idea how far it is from Fir Park? The last time I was in Motherwell I think Wright & Jackson scored in a 2-0 win (Jesus, Mary & Joseph - has it really been that long!!?)!

Its only about 10 minutes from the ground matey. :aok: