PDA

View Full Version : Since 1875 - Display

Chuck Rhoades
25-10-2017, 03:41 PM
Thanks to everyone who supported us yesterday and made this happen. Whether you were involved in organising/painting, to the 25 or so bodies in ER 1-5pm yesterday setting up, along with the 3800 supporters who took part on the night.

As ever, this was a fully self funded contribution from us as a group. A few PMs have been received with regards to if supporters can help with this - the answer is yes you can!

Details are noted below for bank payment of PayPal. Any donation is greatly appreciated and will go towards continuing to try and create the best possible atmosphere, home and away.

Undoubtedly the players stepped up to the mark after our fantastic support did.

GGTTH

Since 1875

PayPal - hibstifo1875@gmail.com

Or

Bank Of Scotland

https://thumb.ibb.co/bTeLkm/IMG_9057.jpg (https://ibb.co/bTeLkm) https://thumb.ibb.co/e89xWR/IMG_9060.jpg (https://ibb.co/e89xWR) https://thumb.ibb.co/dDfFJ6/IMG_9062.jpg (https://ibb.co/dDfFJ6)

JDHibs
25-10-2017, 03:45 PM
Superb effort from everyone involved. Set the tone for the night! Would happily donate for any future displays!

Well done

Joe6-2
25-10-2017, 03:45 PM
Well done all 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

Mick O'Rourke
25-10-2017, 03:52 PM
And the players were as astonished as the rest of us as they entered the arena.
The display was wonderful, shining bright and inspiring.
The floodlights certainly enhanced it all.
The noise levels in the ground as that all unfolded was incredible,too.
Sounded like 40,000!
What a lift it gave the fans and players (if it was needed)
More of this please!
It adds to what already is a great atmosphere on nights/days like last night.
The not so noisy neighbours must be so envious of what is happening just now at The Holy Ground,on and off the park.

Glory! Glory!,The FF Team !
:top marks

Earlydelivery
25-10-2017, 04:01 PM
Taped it and watched it again , u could see the players staring at it .. fabulous effort.

PONGO
25-10-2017, 04:22 PM
Well done again last night guys . Amazing display and atmosphere.

H18 SFR
25-10-2017, 04:30 PM
Thanks to everyone who supported us yesterday and made this happen. Whether you were involved in organising/painting, to the 25 or so bodies in ER 1-5pm yesterday setting up, along with the 3800 supporters who took part on the night.

As ever, this was a fully self funded contribution from us as a group. A few PMs have been received with regards to if supporters can help with this - the answer is yes you can!

Details are noted below for bank payment of PayPal. Any donation is greatly appreciated and will go towards continuing to try and create the best possible atmosphere, home and away.

Undoubtedly the players stepped up to the mark after our fantastic support did.

GGTTH

Since 1875

PayPal - hibstifo1875@gmail.com

Or

Bank Of Scotland

https://thumb.ibb.co/bTeLkm/IMG_9057.jpg (https://ibb.co/bTeLkm) https://thumb.ibb.co/e89xWR/IMG_9060.jpg (https://ibb.co/e89xWR) https://thumb.ibb.co/dDfFJ6/IMG_9062.jpg (https://ibb.co/dDfFJ6)

What does it typically cost for you guys to put on a display like last night?

Chuck Rhoades
25-10-2017, 04:31 PM
What does it typically cost for you guys to put on a display like last night?

£500ish last night

Thecat23
25-10-2017, 04:39 PM
Taped it and watched it again , u could see the players staring at it .. fabulous effort.

Did you tape it on a VHS or Betamax? 😜

Pretty Boy
25-10-2017, 04:56 PM
Well done guys, really good effort.

H18 SFR
25-10-2017, 04:58 PM
£500ish last night

Amazing effort!

Keith_M
25-10-2017, 05:03 PM
Well done to all involved. Only saw it on TV but thought it really added to the occasion.

:thumbsup:

Hibby70
25-10-2017, 05:49 PM
The pics don't do it justice, it was shinier than a very shiny thing.

I heard that Leanne was over at the Macron HQ getting next year's away top made out of the silver stuff.

scooby
25-10-2017, 06:18 PM
Brilliant effort and glad to be part of it in the FF lower. It undoubtedly lifted the team and support, and made a great night more memorable.
Well done guys.

Andy74
25-10-2017, 06:20 PM
Did you tape it on a VHS or Betamax? 😜

Ha! I still say this too!

green day
25-10-2017, 06:43 PM
£500ish last night

Contribution done - well done guys :aok::aok:

HNA4
25-10-2017, 08:18 PM
£500ish last night

We've made a £100 donation from hibs.net towards the cost of the next display :aok:

BoomtownHibees
25-10-2017, 08:23 PM
We've made a £100 donation from hibs.net towards the cost of the next display :aok:

Great gesture

ano hibby
25-10-2017, 08:28 PM
Donation made. Well done guys look forward to next one

Jonnyboy
25-10-2017, 08:58 PM
Brilliant stuff again. Wee donation made

TrinityHibs
25-10-2017, 09:34 PM
Fantastic display. Made all the better with the dafties singing “What the Fxxk is that” before the display went up. You make a difference . Keep it up :flag::flag::flag:

eastterrace
25-10-2017, 09:37 PM
Fantastic display. Made all the better with the dafties singing “What the Fxxk is that” before the display went up. You make a difference . Keep it up :flag::flag::flag:

Yeh that’s was brill , it shut them up when they saw how good it was.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FranckSuzy
25-10-2017, 09:50 PM

Superb :thumbsup:

hibsboy69
25-10-2017, 09:57 PM
Great effort Ross - the display was fantastic last night......and it clearly inspired the players :agree:

Keep up the brilliant work.

In advance of the next display (how's about Rangers at home on Wed 13th Dec?) make sure and post on here asking for donations (you can count on one from me)

Cheers.

:flag::flag::flag:

PathheadHibby
25-10-2017, 10:00 PM
Fantastic stuff... keep it going. Small donation made GGTTH

blackpoolhibs
26-10-2017, 06:20 AM
A nice big RIP facing the huns would be a lovely sight in my opinion.

Brooster
26-10-2017, 06:37 AM
A nice big RIP facing the huns would be a lovely sight in my opinion.

Yes that would be funny but I would prefer the displays to be Hibs related. That way they have more impact on our players and fans.

SChibs
26-10-2017, 06:59 AM
Might have posted this already so apologies if I have.

An idea for next season could be when you buy a season ticket you can donate an additional few pounds into a 'display' fund. Maybe a £1, £2, £5 options at the checkout?

Even if 5000 added £1 that's 5 grand, potentially 4 whole stadium displays against hearts? Or even east stand displays against rangers too when we know it will be full. The fund could go towards huge displays at Hampden also.

I know there's a PayPal account already set up but with this idea everyone who buys a season ticket will be reached as and when they buy one. I know a few misers but are that many people going to say no to an extra £1 on their season ticket for a display?

Johnny Clash
26-10-2017, 07:02 AM

An idea for next season could be when you buy a season ticket you can donate an additional few pounds into a 'display' fund. Maybe a £1, £2, £5 options at the checkout?

Even if 5000 added £1 that's 5 grand, potentially 4 whole stadium displays against hearts? Or even east stand displays against rangers too when we know it will be full. The fund could go towards huge displays at Hampden also.

I know there's a PayPal account already set up but with this idea everyone who buys a season ticket will be reached as and when they buy one. I know a few misers but are that many people going to say no to an extra £1 on their season ticket for a display?

Great idea!

Would imagine even just a £1 per ST next season would deliver £15,000 to the Since 1875 crew!

Ronniekirk
26-10-2017, 07:05 AM

Count me in for this Great idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SChibs
26-10-2017, 07:11 AM
Does anyone have leann dempsters email? I'm going to email her with the idea and see what she says.

blackpoolhibs
26-10-2017, 07:13 AM
Yes that would be funny but I would prefer the displays to be Hibs related. That way they have more impact on our players and fans.

Aye, i understand but as a one off it would just be terrific in my opinion. Wouldnt be allowed, but as you say it would be funny. :greengrin

Mr White
26-10-2017, 07:22 AM
Aye, i understand but as a one off it would just be terrific in my opinion. Wouldnt be allowed, but as you say it would be funny. :greengrin

Something like "Scottish Cup Winners 2016"could tick both boxes, celebrating that achievement and getting it right up the zombie hordes too :greengrin

Johnny Clash
26-10-2017, 07:38 AM
Does anyone have leann dempsters email? I'm going to email her with the idea and see what she says.

Good luck with that - can’t see any problem giving supporters the option whatsoever.

hibbymac
26-10-2017, 07:40 AM

:not worth well done .net ... and well done to Since1875, great effort :aok::flag:

GreenCastle
26-10-2017, 08:22 AM
A full stadium display would be amazing - never been done before and if planned with the correct materials would look unreal.

Hopefully we see it one day - love the clear messages and keeping it Hibs related rather than a dig at the opposition.

Keep up the good work.

CropleyWasGod
26-10-2017, 08:43 AM
A full stadium display would be amazing - never been done before and if planned with the correct materials would look unreal.

Hopefully we see it one day - love the clear messages and keeping it Hibs related rather than a dig at the opposition.

Keep up the good work.

Not wanting to sound curmudgeonly, but who would see it? :greengrin

Carheenlea
26-10-2017, 08:47 AM
Not wanting to sound curmudgeonly, but who would see it? :greengrin

Most importantly the players - imagine the lift that would give them coming out such a thing. We can just wait to see the pictures

:flag:

Sir David Gray
26-10-2017, 08:53 AM

ldempster@hibernianfc.co.uk

SChibs
26-10-2017, 09:10 AM
ldempster@hibernianfc.co.uk

Thanks

oneone73
26-10-2017, 11:11 AM
I don't think they should be cosying up to the board. Would we have seen the "13,000 season tickets" banner if they did?

Hi Heid Yin
26-10-2017, 11:31 AM
The display was sensational and added a bit of glitz and colour to a noisy derby.
The sight would have impressed even the staunchest Jambo staring at it from the opposite end, though they would never admit to it.
Easter Road is buzzing and the feel-good factor is evident both on and off the park.
The events of the last few years have ignited latent passions in even the most disillusioned supporter.
Long may it continue.

Kato
26-10-2017, 11:34 AM
The display was sensational and added a bit of glitz and colour to a noisy derby.
The sight would have impressed even the staunchest Jambo staring at it from the opposite end, though they would never admit to it.

I was quite close to the away end and looked over as the banner was revealed, jaws were clamped shut or agape in surprise. They all shut up either way.

ronaldo7
26-10-2017, 07:23 PM
£500ish last night

Donation sent.:aok:

Ilovehibs
26-10-2017, 09:42 PM
Easter Road is buzzing and the feel-good factor is evident both on and off the park.
The events of the last few years have ignited latent passions in even the most disillusioned supporter.
Long may it continue.

Spot on and a huge thank you to everyone who planned and organised the display on Tuesday night. It was beautiful, inspiring and gave every Hibbie (players and fans) a huge boost as kick off drew near.

Would be delighted to contribute to funds for this great cause.
Keep up the brilliant work.
GGTTH.

wpj
26-10-2017, 09:50 PM
Excellent job. They can slag it off all they want but it probably got to them. The players who it does appear are a tight wee group would have loved it. Let's enjoy this period of Hibernian players fans and management etc all together.

Hannah_hfc
26-10-2017, 10:25 PM
The display worked amazingly, must admit I had nerves seeing some empty seats around the FF about 5 mins pre- match and hoped everyone would make it in time [emoji23]

Massive well done to all those involved!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chuck Rhoades
27-10-2017, 09:34 PM
Thanks for all the donations so far. Genuinely appreciated and will go towards future visuals.

Tornadoes70
27-10-2017, 09:56 PM
I was down south all of this week, got home tonight and couldn't make the match unfortunately as I rarely miss derby games. In Morecambe on Tuesday and the Lords Arms on the seafront has a sports bar on the first floor however when I arrived it was showing the Man U - Swansea league cup game. The barman put it on bt sports for me downstairs and I watched it on my lonesome as the downstairs bar was very quiet on a wet Tuesday evening in Morecambe.

The FF display was brilliant, a fine display of colour and finesse. It was terrific to see and well done to the organisers and all the supporters who made it happen it really looked fantastic.

I sat and watched the game with a few doubles to hand and the only noise from either upstairs or downstairs was myself with a few shouts of Mon the Cabbage and a solo joining in of the anthem SOL.

Every player was fantastic on Tuesday with special mentions for Dylan, SJM and Brandon Barker however every Hibs player on the park was head and shoulders above any of the yams. We were just fantastic and it could have easily been more than the 1-0 win but I'd take that any day against the yams. We were at least one class above them and it was a great night.

Glory Glory to the Hi bees.

:flag:

InchHibby
28-10-2017, 06:20 AM

Great idea, count me in

RIP
28-10-2017, 10:06 AM
Rossi. Would management support a bucket collection?

Brooster
11-11-2017, 12:39 PM
£50 donated by East Lothian Hibs Supporters Club. Keep up the good work.

California-Hibs
11-11-2017, 01:36 PM

This is a brilliant idea! Hopefully someone can put this to the club and see if it can be done. I don’t see how it would be an issue at all and could bring in a huge sum like you say, for displays throughout the season. I know I’d think to myself at checkout - ah what’s an extra pound, click. 👍

Nameless
11-11-2017, 01:53 PM
This is a brilliant idea! Hopefully someone can put this to the club and see if it can be done. I don’t see how it would be an issue at all and could bring in a huge sum like you say, for displays throughout the season. I know I’d think to myself at checkout - ah what’s an extra pound, click. [emoji106]Would there be an issue with tax, given these are not charitable donations? If Hibs collected the money, would it be counted towards the club's taxable income?

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

CropleyWasGod
11-11-2017, 02:54 PM
Would there be an issue with tax, given these are not charitable donations? If Hibs collected the money, would it be counted towards the club's taxable income?

Sent from my D5503 using TapatalkIf it was all spent, which is the intention, there would be no profit and hence no direct tax issue. (The club doesn't pay Corporation Tax in any case, due to past losses).

There might be a VAT issue. If it's part of the ST income, 1/6th would have to go to HMRC. However, if the club paid for materials directly, there would be a saving of 1/6th on costs incurred to VAT registered suppliers. Thus, again a neutral result.

Has there been any feedback from the Club yet?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Wee Effen Bee
11-11-2017, 04:10 PM
A wee donation on its way via PP guys. Hope to see more of these inspiring displays.