PDA

View Full Version : Famous 5 Stand

BegbieHSC
25-10-2017, 01:48 PM
Hey guys,

Last night was absolutely amazing. THe Famous 5 Upper was bouncing throughout, and the atmosphere was amongst the best I've heard in a while.

Which leads me on to the next point - did anyone hear a big creak towards the back of the Famous 5 10 mins before half time? I was only half concerned given what was happening on the park, but I just wanted to know if anyone else heard it?

andybev1
25-10-2017, 02:09 PM
I would report it if I were you. Out of curiousity, was everyone jumping around at the time? - if everyone is jumping together and at certain speed, it is something, I think, to with the building's resonance so people acting together can do a lot to weaken a structure than you might think - you probably remember the millenium bridge, here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAXVa__XWZ8

Better be on the safe side

Captain Trips
25-10-2017, 02:20 PM
Hey guys,

Last night was absolutely amazing. THe Famous 5 Upper was bouncing throughout, and the atmosphere was amongst the best I've heard in a while.

Which leads me on to the next point - did anyone hear a big creak towards the back of the Famous 5 10 mins before half time? I was only half concerned given what was happening on the park, but I just wanted to know if anyone else heard it?

I think the noise was Kyle Laffertys neck looking at all the high balls.

BegbieHSC
25-10-2017, 02:23 PM
I would report it if I were you. Out of curiousity, was everyone jumping around at the time? - if everyone is jumping together and at certain speed, it is something, I think, to with the building's resonance so people acting together can do a lot to weaken a structure than you might think - you probably remember the millenium bridge, here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAXVa__XWZ8

Better be on the safe side

I think so? Cheers, will do!

BegbieHSC
25-10-2017, 02:25 PM
I think the noise was Kyle Laffertys neck looking at all the high balls.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Probably

Peevemor
25-10-2017, 02:30 PM
I reckon it was yam builders trying to nick our steelwork when we weren't looking - they still have the Roseburn end of their main stand to finish.

Sammy7nil
25-10-2017, 06:13 PM
I don't like it at Ibrox or Tynecastle when the stand bounces.

I do understand that if it did not bounce it would snap but I still don't like it.:greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
25-10-2017, 06:17 PM
Let's be honest the FF stand has never really been subjected to that level of exuberance in 20 years

iwasthere1972
25-10-2017, 06:17 PM
Does anyone know who the guy in the FF Lower (behind the goals and right at the back) was who was being abusive towards the stewards. He was aff his heid and I thought at one point he was going to deck someone. Surprised it took as long as it did for the police to make an appearance. Was he a Jambo?

SideBurns
25-10-2017, 06:43 PM
Does anyone know who the guy in the FF Lower (behind the goals and right at the back) was who was being abusive towards the stewards. He was aff his heid and I thought at one point he was going to deck someone. Surprised it took as long as it did for the police to make an appearance. Was he a Jambo?

I'm not sure exactly where and when this took place, but I was going aff ma heid in the queue to get into the FF Lower. Some boy was unable to scan his ticket. After several attempts, those of us waiting to get in behind him started shouting at the stewards to either give him assistance or take him out the road while they sorted the problem so the rest of us could get in. They did neither, and consequently we missed the teams running out, kick off, and the goal. The police did turn up but did nowt to assist (other than, I suppose, provide security for the stewards as things were getting heated). It was pathetic.
Anyway, as far as I'm concerned the best part of any derby is the sound of the final whistle when you're winning, which is why I didnae bother raising it until I saw this post 😁

hibbysam
25-10-2017, 06:59 PM
I'm not sure exactly where and when this took place, but I was going aff ma heid in the queue to get into the FF Lower. Some boy was unable to scan his ticket. After several attempts, those of us waiting to get in behind him started shouting at the stewards to either give him assistance or take him out the road while they sorted the problem so the rest of us could get in. They did neither, and consequently we missed the teams running out, kick off, and the goal. The police did turn up but did nowt to assist (other than, I suppose, provide security for the stewards as things were getting heated). It was pathetic.
Anyway, as far as I'm concerned the best part of any derby is the sound of the final whistle when you're winning, which is why I didnae bother raising it until I saw this post 😁

It was a nightmare getting in. I was there 7.30, took until 2 minutes before kick off to get in, a lot of folk not knowing how to work the turnstiles and one steward manning both entrances. All he done was shout about bottles etc must be in the bin and Make sure you have your tickets ready.

SideBurns
25-10-2017, 07:22 PM
It was a nightmare getting in. I was there 7.30, took until 2 minutes before kick off to get in, a lot of folk not knowing how to work the turnstiles and one steward manning both entrances. All he done was shout about bottles etc must be in the bin and Make sure you have your tickets ready.

I'm loathe to criticise the stewards who doubtless largely do a good job on not particularly great wages, but if we're going to have unmanned turnstiles then the club has to ensure the stewards have proper training and there are sufficient numbers of them to deal with difficulties.

I was a bit seek at the time to have missed Murray's screamer, but if you offered me a deal that I'd never see another derby goal but that Hibs would win them all then I'd bite yer hand off! I was more upset for my laddie, to be honest (although he was jumping about celebrating so maybe he's got a better sense of proportion than me). Anyway, I've seen the goal about 50 times since to make upfurrit...

Nakedmanoncrack
25-10-2017, 10:34 PM

I saw him, he was down the front by that point and right in the face of the steward, was livid about something, no idea what. Eventually police turned up and presumably apprehended him on the concourse. Don't know him, but fairly sure I've seen his face at ER before.

Johnny Clash
26-10-2017, 06:55 AM
I'm loathe to criticise the stewards who doubtless largely do a good job on not particularly great wages, but if we're going to have unmanned turnstiles then the club has to ensure the stewards have proper training and there are sufficient numbers of them to deal with difficulties.

I was a bit seek at the time to have missed Murray's screamer, but if you offered me a deal that I'd never see another derby goal but that Hibs would win them all then I'd bite yer hand off! I was more upset for my laddie, to be honest (although he was jumping about celebrating so maybe he's got a better sense of proportion than me). Anyway, I've seen the goal about 50 times since to make upfurrit...

Would love Hibs to buck the trend to save money by using scanners and destroying jobs in the process . If it came to it - I’d definitely pay more to have someone staff the gates once again. We never had a single incident of fans waiting over 15 mins to get in due to a ticket barcode problem when we employed people. If we don’t change things then we a guaranteed future problems st big games.

They would be living wage jobs and for a short shift so hardly saving us a fortune anyhow!