PDA

View Full Version : Level playing field

SirDavidsNapper
25-10-2017, 01:41 PM
Sorry if this has already been spoken about but is it any coincidence that our derby domination has coincided with Hearts living within their means? I have the feeling they are going to be suffering this pain frequently. They have no money advantage or seige mentality to get them through these games anymore. Very pleasing as they say.

BSEJVT
25-10-2017, 01:47 PM
Sorry if this has already been spoken about but is it any coincidence that our derby domination has coincided with Hearts living within their means? I have the feeling they are going to be suffering this pain frequently. They have no money advantage or seige mentality to get them through these games anymore. Very pleasing as they say.

The thing is it is not level.

If we can find a way to negate their FOH windfall by matching it, we will be light years ahead of them.

They will be paying for the New Stand for years to come and the rest of Tynecastle is a hole that will soon start costing them big.

I have no great regard for HSL as IMO it has been a series of missed opportunities and ineptitude, but if we could somehow find a way to galvanise it to the extent they have FOH it will look like the last 30 years in reverse.

We will hold a massive advantage over them and will need to make it pay on the pitch

PapillonVert
25-10-2017, 03:18 PM
I have been going on about this for donkeys.

No, it ain't no coincidence.

The 1-5 cup final was the least level playing field in the history of Scottish football IMO. Being between the two clubs from the Capital with pretty much even histories, it should have been the most level (and, therefore, historically a great day out for the Capital) and amongst the greatest Cup finals, but HMFC with their cheating and unfairness ensured it would be forever tarnished. Everyone, except them, knows that.

Cheats, pure and simple.

NAE NOOKIE
25-10-2017, 03:42 PM

If we can find a way to negate their FOH windfall by matching it, we will be light years ahead of them.

They will be paying for the New Stand for years to come and the rest of Tynecastle is a hole that will soon start costing them big.

I have no great regard for HSL as IMO it has been a series of missed opportunities and ineptitude, but if we could somehow find a way to galvanise it to the extent they have FOH it will look like the last 30 years in reverse.

We will hold a massive advantage over them and will need to make it pay on the pitch

FOH and HSL are completely different animals though. The reasons for its conception means that FOH is and had to be dynamic from the word go, whereas HSL was and pretty well always will be a slow burner, for those reasons I don't think HSL is ever going to be a way of funding the club to a degree where its input is significant in our overall budget.

In all honesty I don't think FOH will continue at the level it has done these last few years either. Once the new PBS stand is completed and their results continue to be average at best there will come a time where a large number of FOH contributers will be asking what they are getting for their money and IMO 'we still have a club' will not be enough.

Having said all that, if Hibs get caught ripping off all and sundry and STF jumps on the plane to somewhere without an extradition treaty I'm sure our support will step up with every bit as much gusto as the Yams did :aok:

Hibernia&Alba
25-10-2017, 04:03 PM
It isn't a coincidence that they've struggled since the chickens came home to roost and they were forced to stop spending money they didn't have. It isn't nearly as easy when you have to balance a budget. The Romanov hubris came within an inch of destroying the club; at least they still have a club to support.

seanshow
25-10-2017, 04:11 PM
There is actually a good journalistic piece in there, if you want to compare the fortunes of the main Edinburgh & Glasgow teams.
One club in each city has been forced into paying bills, and the contrast is striking.

...Its one for Tom English or the likes.

Jack Hackett
25-10-2017, 04:29 PM

FOH contributions are a drop in the ocean compared to the money they used to s***k in the cheating years. All it's doing at the moment is keeping their noses above drowning levels. As the playing side crashes and burns, especially against us, this money will reduce slowly but surely when they don't get the world cup stars they think it entitles them to sign.

greenpaper55
25-10-2017, 04:38 PM
From wallet merciless to the pieman and then Romanov they cheated their way to some measure of success, changed days indeed when they have to live within their means, i'm enjoying this .

Ozyhibby
25-10-2017, 04:40 PM
The important thing will be the cost of this stand. There has been no update on that since before the first delay was announced. At that point it was £14m and things have went a bit pear shaped for them since. Important that we keep our foot on their throat on the pitch which will hurt them financially off it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith_M
25-10-2017, 04:55 PM
I thought the FoH money was now being used to pay for the new Stand, then to pay off Budge?

I think it gave them a slight financial advantage initially, as they were using it to pay for players, but I don't think that's still the case.

:dunno:

Viva_Palmeiras
25-10-2017, 05:02 PM
There is actually a good journalistic piece in there, if you want to compare the fortunes of the main Edinburgh & Glasgow teams.
One club in each city has been forced into paying bills, and the contrast is striking.

Funnily enough those who charted a different course took the flack but ultimately had the last laugh. The bunnet for example was booed when he unfurled the flag. Then the revisionists rewrite History...

And Rod hasn’t been short of a critic or 5000 ;)

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
25-10-2017, 05:08 PM
Funnily enough those who charted a different course took the flack but ultimately had the last laugh. The bunnet for example was booed when he unfurled the flag. Then the revisionists rewrite History...

It is a very good point. I suppose unsexy, prudent long termism wwill never win you adulation, but that doesnt make it wrong.

I also think there is a psychological element that the 'establishment' clubs went to extraordinary lengths to try and maintain (or attain) a dominance over the outsider, immigrant clubs. Im maybe overstating it, but its always struck me that their sense of entitlement was in many ways their biggest weakness.

Keith_M
25-10-2017, 05:09 PM

I remember that and thought at the time how stupid it was. The guy rescued that club and made them winners again, after 10 years or so of Rangers' domination.

He decided to put his shares up for sale when he was no longer needed. They apparently booed him because he was keeping the money he received for the shares for himself, and not putting it back into Celtc. Ungrateful or what.

Viva_Palmeiras
25-10-2017, 05:11 PM

Hibernia&Alba
25-10-2017, 05:12 PM
It is a very good point. I suppose unsexy, prudent long termism wwill never win you adulation, but that doesnt make it wrong.

I also think there is a psychological element that the 'establishment' clubs went to extraordinary lengths to try and maintain (or attain) a dominance over the outsider, immigrant clubs. Im maybe overstating it, but its always struck me that their sense of entitlement was in many ways their biggest weakness.

I think that was much less the case in Edinburgh, but was certainly a motivation for Rangers, who regarded themselves as Scotland's club. Remember David Murray boasting that would spend a tenner for every fiver Celtic spent? A sense of entitlement has defined that club, but it destroyed them.

25-10-2017, 08:40 PM
This living within your means and not spending millions of pounds of others peoples money business is a bit of a pisser eh hearts?!

Your "big team" fantasies are all coming crashing down now that Vlads money has dried up! GIRFUY ya cheating, shameless *******s.

Deansy
25-10-2017, 09:09 PM

Coincidence ?? Oooo, let me think ............................... :faf:

Soon as they announced they were going into administration I took great delight in posting on the 'Scotsman' forum that this was the day their cheating ended and that the derby-record would soon be showing a more honest and accurate reflection of exacty who the better team is. They're now rapidly heading back to the status they enjoyed before the cheating began - 'a fairly popular little club in an Edinburgh district'.

SirDavidsNapper
25-10-2017, 09:33 PM
Coincidence ?? Oooo, let me think ............................... :faf:

Soon as they announced they were going into administration I took great delight in posting on the 'Scotsman' forum that this was the day their cheating ended and that the derby-record would soon be showing a more honest and accurate reflection of exacty who the better team is. They're now rapidly heading back to the status they enjoyed before the cheating began - 'a fairly popular little club in an Edinburgh district'.Their song does state they're a wee team from Gorgie [emoji106] I'm thinking you're right and they're taking their rightful place in the pecking order

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

NadeAteMyLunch!
25-10-2017, 09:41 PM
Regularly told a couple of Hearts chums that things would change significantly once a level playing field was adopted. Oh how they laughed. They are not laughing now.

jacomo
25-10-2017, 09:43 PM
I thought the FoH money was now being used to pay for the new Stand, then to pay off Budge?

I think it gave them a slight financial advantage initially, as they were using it to pay for players, but I don't think that's still the case.

:dunno:

FoH was a huge help to them in the aftermath of administration.

But now it's all being sunk into that hideous new stand. Jambos have no taste and low standards, so they will still think the stand is great. But they might start to grumble when they realise just how much it is costing them.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
25-10-2017, 09:43 PM
I have been going on about this for donkeys.

No, it ain't no coincidence.

The 1-5 cup final was the least level playing field in the history of Scottish football IMO. Being between the two clubs from the Capital with pretty much even histories, it should have been the most level (and, therefore, historically a great day out for the Capital) and amongst the greatest Cup finals, but HMFC with their cheating and unfairness ensured it would be forever tarnished. Everyone, except them, knows that.

Cheats, pure and simple.

Spot on! :agree:

RoYO!
25-10-2017, 10:11 PM
In all seriousness, has a club that has gone into administration ever found themselves back in such a hole so soon? Genuine question.

It may not be long before we are talking 20 million in debt.

At 6% they will be lucky if they are able to pay off the interest, never mind the capital.

Casey1875
26-10-2017, 07:38 AM
In all seriousness, has a club that has gone into administration ever found themselves back in such a hole so soon? Genuine question.

At 6% they will be lucky if they are able to pay off the interest, never mind the capital.

Portsmouth are the only club that I can think of.

KingFranck
26-10-2017, 10:20 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/forget-hibs-defeat-minute-hearts-11411549

Level playing field indeed now.
Hearts are now reliant on youth players as they say in this article whereas before they simply bought players to beat us!
They are now skint and hope there youth players can break through.

Bristolhibby
26-10-2017, 10:26 AM
I think that was much less the case in Edinburgh, but was certainly a motivation for Rangers, who regarded themselves as Scotland's club. Remember David Murray boasting that would spend a tenner for every fiver Celtic spent? A sense of entitlement has defined that club, but it destroyed them.

And their chant - “We are the peepul”. Entitlement if every I’ve heard it.

“We are the people here, you upstart bog trotter, catholics are vermin.”

That’s essentially the meaning of the peepul.

Like has been said, the attempt to keep the one up status has ultimately killed both Hearts and The The Rangers.

J

CropleyWasGod
26-10-2017, 10:38 AM

Dundee and Livi both.

It's not uncommon for companies to get into difficulties soon after a first administration. Typically, a new owner gets the company for a relatively low price, and as such it can be underfunded. Also, although debts are shed, other legacy issues aren't.... such as HMFC's stand.

As regards the interest, there's nothing being paid until June 2018 at the earliest.

where'stheslope
26-10-2017, 06:36 PM
Dundee and Livi both.

It's not uncommon for companies to get into difficulties soon after a first administration. Typically, a new owner gets the company for a relatively low price, and as such it can be underfunded. Also, although debts are shed, other legacy issues aren't.... such as HMFC's stand.

As regards the interest, there's nothing being paid until June 2018 at the earliest.

I think Ann Budge has played a blinder in getting the new stand in place!

If the PBS has just 3 stands its only worth 3/4 of the price, if 4 stands in place it makes a whole and more money when she leaves!!!!

As for money difficulties, she's not stupid, she will leave the club in a good state, its after that it will deteriorate!!!!!

Ozyhibby
26-10-2017, 07:52 PM

If the PBS has just 3 stands its only worth 3/4 of the price, if 4 stands in place it makes a whole and more money when she leaves!!!!

As for money difficulties, she's not stupid, she will leave the club in a good state, its after that it will deteriorate!!!!!

Her exit price is already set. Any development will not benefit her apart from the interest she is charging them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CropleyWasGod
26-10-2017, 08:14 PM

As for money difficulties, she's not stupid, she will leave the club in a good state, its after that it will deteriorate!!!!!That only holds true if she were selling to a third party, which she isn't........yet [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk