PDA

View Full Version : Tynecastle

murray26
25-10-2017, 12:06 PM
I cannot wait.. this could see a crazy ticket scramble.. good luck to all.. here we go to 9 in a row.. GGTTH

Geo_1875
25-10-2017, 12:09 PM
I cannot wait.. this could see a crazy ticket scramble.. good luck to all.. here we go to 9 in a row.. GGTTH

I still think we'll play them at Murrayfield.

murray26
25-10-2017, 12:31 PM

Surely not.. that would be the piss take to end all other piss takes.. on the upside it would give us more tickets and tbh I don’t care where we beat them.

Hermit Crab
25-10-2017, 12:33 PM

Hope not but on the plus side we'd surely get 14,100 tickets like the rangers did. That nice wide pitch would suit us.

Joe6-2
25-10-2017, 12:35 PM
Hope not but on the plus side we'd surely get 14,100 tickets like the rangers did.

They probably wouldn't want to give us that amount, but all they think about is ££££££

Hermit Crab
25-10-2017, 12:36 PM
They probably wouldn't want to give us that amount, but all they think about is ££££££

They won't say no!

andrew70
25-10-2017, 12:38 PM
They won't say no!

The police might.

Hermit Crab
25-10-2017, 12:43 PM
The police might.

Are you saying we are worse than 14,100 The Rangers fans?? :confused:

Nicho87
25-10-2017, 12:46 PM
We would sell more tickets than they would

Callyballybe
25-10-2017, 12:55 PM
There is no way the yams would turn down that amount of money, even if it meant them getting beat in front of 20,000 Hibs fans (or however many tickets they would give us.) I don't see the police stopping such a thing either.

Furthermore, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we did end up playing there. Their board knew exactly what they were doing when they said their new stand would be ready by Sept. Even if the SRU are taking a decent wedge for rent, the yams will definitely be gaining from this financially - sneaking or squeezing profit from any circumstance is the one thing they actually do right.

Joe6-2
25-10-2017, 12:59 PM
Are you saying we are worse than 14,100 The Rangers fans?? :confused:

Of course we are, 21/05/16 proved that, did it not 😉

connerg
25-10-2017, 01:15 PM
There is no way the yams would turn down that amount of money, even if it meant them getting beat in front of 20,000 Hibs fans (or however many tickets they would give us.) I don't see the police stopping such a thing either.

Furthermore, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we did end up playing there. Their board knew exactly what they were doing when they said their new stand would be ready by Sept. Even if the SRU are taking a decent wedge for rent, the yams will definitely be gaining from this financially - sneaking or squeezing profit from any circumstance is the one thing they actually do right.

Hibs could gain financially from this too, LD and RP are not stupid business people. Hearts get the usuall money from 3500 Hibs fans as it would be if the game was played at Tinycastle. Hibs ticket sales above this figure, we get 50%.

Callyballybe
25-10-2017, 02:42 PM
Hibs could gain financially from this too, LD and RP are not stupid business people. Hearts get the usuall money from 3500 Hibs fans as it would be if the game was played at Tinycastle. Hibs ticket sales above this figure, we get 50%.

If they could do such a deal then I'd be all for it. Although if it was possible I'd have assumed the Rangers would've done something similar with the large support they're bringing to the tie, considering how much they need the money as well.

They might've done that to be fair, and such a deal has been kept quiet - But not to my, admittedly, non informed knowledge.

I know that Dempster and Petrie are sold business minded people, I just wonder what leverage they'd have in negotiating such a deal. If all clubs have already given permission for them to play their games at Murrayfield whilst the work on their stand is completed (I believe all teams where consulted on this.) Then did this agreement include a further cut of the gate reciepts? Again, I don't know. But I'd guess not.

DH1875
25-10-2017, 03:23 PM

Don't see that happening. Nothing to stop them selling direct to Hibs fans and getting all the money.

Hibee87
25-10-2017, 03:33 PM
I think everyone, including the their fans would have serious questions if the stand is not ready on wht, 10 ish weeks?

They were 'racing against time' to have it open for the revised deadline next weekend. If it then descends into oh it might be another 10, 11, 12+ weeks then I think most teams would be putting pressure on Hearts and SFA for answers. BTW im not saying they wont try it as it looks no where near finished, but Budge can only lie so many times before the teams and SFA say enough is enough surley :confused: Plus they have the headache of Scotland rugby playing, so it kind of HAS to be ready or they are donald

BegbieHSC
25-10-2017, 03:37 PM
Derby at Murrayfield would be immense.

I can't see the polis being particularly pleased at the prospect of a 35k+ derby in Edinburgh mind you...

ancient hibee
25-10-2017, 04:52 PM
Hope not but on the plus side we'd surely get 14,100 tickets like the rangers did. That nice wide pitch would suit us.
Pitch will be same size as Tynecastle.

Hibernia&Alba
25-10-2017, 04:55 PM
The PBS ticket scramble stresses me oot. A game at Murrayfield, with a huge support would be good.

Keith_M
25-10-2017, 06:32 PM
Pitch will be same size as Tynecastle.

Yep, Levein made a point of making sure the pitch was the same width as tynecastle.

Couldn't reduce the length, tho, cos of the fixed location of the goalposts.

MyJo
25-10-2017, 06:35 PM
Wouldn't surpise me if they did it just to claim they have had a higher attended Derby than us before they are stuck with the Tiny Tiney Contact Centre

Dashing Bob S
25-10-2017, 06:36 PM

I can't see the polis being particularly pleased at the prospect of a 35k+ derby in Edinburgh mind you...

It would be a full house of 65k on the novelty value. Football authorities would resist it as they wouldn't want to see Hibs-Hearts having the biggest crowd of the season.

Sir David Gray
25-10-2017, 06:55 PM
The game is 9 weeks away. If they can't get the stand finished in that time, they should be docked points.

Aldo
25-10-2017, 07:01 PM
Wouldn't surpise me if they did it just to claim they have had a higher attended Derby than us before they are stuck with the Tiny Tiney Contact Centre

Desperation stakes. It would be classed as a neutral venue.

Let's face it there was room for more in ER last nite with the attendance 20, 165. That's more than the max at TINY

Aldo
25-10-2017, 07:02 PM
The game is 9 weeks away. If they can't get the stand finished in that time, they should be docked points.

And made to play in front of 3 stands

Bristolhibby
25-10-2017, 07:37 PM
I think it will be Murrayfield in December.

I mentioned in a previous thread, Jambos who I was chatting to in Slovenia and work on the site are saying they are well behind.

J

Aldo
25-10-2017, 07:46 PM
I think it will be Murrayfield in December. I mentioned in a previous thread, Jambos who I was chatting to in Slovenia and work on the site are saying they are well behind. J

They have pulled a fast one here and big time. They've known exactly what they have been dong and it's all to generate more income to fund the single tier!

jgl07
25-10-2017, 08:37 PM

Well they have no powers to do anything about it. Murrayfield is licenced to accommodate double that amount.

Geo_1875
26-10-2017, 08:42 AM
Well they have no powers to do anything about it. Murrayfield is licenced to accommodate double that amount.

They can advise on crowd numbers and make it too costly to ignore their advice.

Ringothedog
26-10-2017, 12:48 PM
They can advise on crowd numbers and make it too costly to ignore their advice.

So we are saying that police Scotland who deal with Glasgow derbies with anything up to 60000 couldn’t cope with a game at Murrayfield with a crowd of 40000?

PS I think the game will be at the PBS

jgl07
26-10-2017, 01:05 PM
I can see Hearts doing very well if they play at Murrayfield.

Having seen them on Tuesday night, whatever code they were playing to looked remarkably like Rugby Union.

Constantly booting the ball into touch. Rugby style tackles, etc., etc.

Frazerbob
26-10-2017, 01:18 PM
The police will have more hassle managing 50,000 Take That Or Robbie Williams fans blootered on Prosecco at Murrayfield than an Edinburgh Derby.

Killiehibbie
26-10-2017, 01:22 PM
It would be a full house of 65k on the novelty value. Football authorities would resist it as they wouldn't want to see Hibs-Hearts having the biggest crowd of the season.Biggest crowd of the century. Another reason why they had everybody travel through to the dump for that cup final.

Gogs07
27-10-2017, 12:07 AM
The inbred will have to ask the two polish builders who are on site, If they need any help to finish the the supermarket before Christmas or 9 in a row will be happening at their costly timeshare!

SChibs
27-10-2017, 10:31 AM
Heard from a reliable source yesterday the stand is 1.6m over budget

BSEJVT
27-10-2017, 10:39 AM

Unless they have substantially dumbed down the internal fit out for the Office block portion of this I am prepared to bet good money that the overspend is at least double that.

Piecemeal construction and management and the paying of overtime on an unstructured basis to fit impossible timescales is as quick a way of burning money as setting it on fire.

greenginger
27-10-2017, 10:42 AM

Which budget though ? :cb

Ryan91
27-10-2017, 10:43 AM

Is that 1.6m over the 3m budget overrun that took the cost to at least 15m?

Brooster
27-10-2017, 10:47 AM
Do Hibs need to agree to a switch to Mureayfield? I would rather we reversed it to Easter Road to be honest.

1van Sprou7e
27-10-2017, 10:58 AM
Do Hibs need to agree to a switch to Mureayfield? I would rather we reversed it to Easter Road to be honest.

And have 3 stands full of jambos at ER?

No way

stantonhibby
27-10-2017, 11:11 AM
And have 3 stands full of jambos at ER?

No way

I think he means we would be the home team again ? So there would then be two (or maybe just 1) derbies at Tynecastle to come.

1van Sprou7e
27-10-2017, 11:16 AM
I think he means we would be the home team again ? So there would then be two (or maybe just 1) derbies at Tynecastle to come.

Lol, do we really think hertz would agree to that? Or even the SFA for that matter

Eyrie
27-10-2017, 05:32 PM
Lol, do we really think hertz would agree to that? Or even the SFA for that matter

The SPFL allowed Hearts to reverse fixtures earlier in the season, so would have no grounds to prevent a swap if the clubs agreed.

Hearts won't agree to it however, as they would be desperate for the larger attendance at Murrayfield to help towards the ever increasing overspend on a decent but basic stand in a hideously depressing colour.

mutley
27-10-2017, 07:51 PM
I don’t think they like coming to ER anymore and long may that continue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Frazerbob
28-10-2017, 09:23 AM
I don’t think they like coming to ER anymore and long may that continue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Another boycott can't be far off.