PDA

View Full Version : The WONDERFUL Hibs Support

Stantons Angel
25-10-2017, 12:24 AM
Once again i think they deserve a post all of their own!

Tonight you were wonderful full of songs and kept the momentum going throughout the whole game.

The display was simple but so effective and the players must have gotten a lift from seeing that to run out too.

Well done to all who thought of it and carried out the hard work behind it. The banner just finished it off nicely.

I was really uptight all game but especially the last 20 minutes when they seemed to be getting more of the ball and threw on extra forward players.

However the support took over and added that extra man to bring the team over the line with the three points.

THIS is what being a Hibs supporter is all about, you sang and cheered the team and got right behind them to get over the line till the final whistle.

Well done to all present and keep it up at Motherwell and Killie too. they guys responded to you and will need you again too.

Capt Mainwaring
25-10-2017, 12:31 AM
Agree - a bit like the Cup Final, the display and the Banner in the Famnous Five set a great tone from the start

Top marks for the organisers of the display. Absolutely nailed it ✅

Garymcl
25-10-2017, 10:24 AM
Hibs support was superb last night two things that made my morning in conversation with jambo I know 1 without doubt we were the superior team 2 he also acknowledged the noise our fans were making all through the match it's important we carry this support both in good numbers and vocal backing at all matches starting on Saturday at Motherwell :flag::flag:

Billy Whizz
25-10-2017, 10:29 AM
Agree 100% with OP

JeMeSouviens
25-10-2017, 10:57 AM
Agree - a bit like the Cup Final, the display and the Banner in the Famnous Five set a great tone from the start

Top marks for the organisers of the display. Absolutely nailed it ✅

:not worth

(Still think it would be so much better with the singers in the East though, they kept going all night but rarely achieved the connection to get the whole crowd to join in, which they used to do all the time.)

murray26
25-10-2017, 10:59 AM
We don’t lose many when ER is like that.. no coincidence 10/10.

Shrekko
25-10-2017, 11:00 AM
I’ve never once been at Tynie and heard their fans singing all round the ground like ours for such prolonged periods. Makes a huge difference to the players.

Hibbyradge
25-10-2017, 11:05 AM
Scoring as early as that helps.

Keep that up, Hibs.

JeMeSouviens
25-10-2017, 11:09 AM
I’ve never once been at Tynie and heard their fans singing all round the ground like ours for such prolonged periods. Makes a huge difference to the players.

The instant reaction *****, ***** Glorious ***** that swept our stands and shut them up in a flash was beautiful. Other than that, they managed 1 x the Old Huns' Billy Boys and a couple of goes at that cringey h-m-f-c, the team for me one. They've become a really lame support in recent years.

WeeRussell
25-10-2017, 11:42 AM
The instant reaction *****, ***** Glorious ***** that swept our stands and shut them up in a flash was beautiful. Other than that, they managed 1 x the Old Huns' Billy Boys and a couple of goes at that cringey h-m-f-c, the team for me one. They've become a really lame support in recent years.

To be fair they started to sing about going to Europe a couple of times :eyes:

Things must really be getting desperate in the old yam repertoire if that's all they have left...

Pretty Boy
25-10-2017, 11:44 AM

Bottle merchants on and off the park.

Hibs fans used a period of adveristy to really galvanise and do something about how tame our support had become. That's to the credit of the section guys and the wider support for, generally speaking, embracing it. Hearts fans on the other hand make snidey comments about singing sections and every attempt they make to sort themselves out ends up being hijacked by the hun element of their fanbase. They wonder why their 'support' makes a public library look positively bouncing but do nothing to change it. 'Borrowing' a chant of Motherwell is about the sum total of their efforts.

As Rudi Skacel himself acknowledged 'There's only one team in Edinburgh'.

RIP
25-10-2017, 11:56 AM
:not worth

(Still think it would be so much better with the singers in the East though, they kept going all night but rarely achieved the connection to get the whole crowd to join in, which they used to do all the time.)

Understand your opinion mate but IMHO things are already much better with singing emanating from two stands.

Displays will grow better in the North and I'm convinced that as kids there mature they will ask to join the Famous Five singing section as opposed to moving over to the East.

Section 43 was bouncing last night and there's already a new squad who start the songs around row EE FF 175-180. There were around 1000 standing in S43 to 45 last night and it was buzzing.

Won't be long before we have two active singing sections doing call and response. And when we do the West Stand will then be joining in more often.

GGTTH!!

RyeSloan
25-10-2017, 12:46 PM
Understand your opinion mate but IMHO things are already much better with singing emanating from two stands.

Displays will grow better in the North and I'm convinced that as kids there mature they will ask to join the Famous Five singing section as opposed to moving over to the East.

Section 43 was bouncing last night and there's already a new squad who start the songs around row EE FF 175-180. There were around 1000 standing in S43 to 45 last night and it was buzzing.

Won't be long before we have two active singing sections doing call and response. And when we do the West Stand will then be joining in more often.

GGTTH!!

Can we get a drummer in the east as well...[emoji106][emoji16]

RIP
25-10-2017, 08:25 PM

We already have identified two band drummers in row's DD and GG but for the moment all the focus should be on Since1875 and their collaboration with Hibs management.

S43 need to build the singing back up to 2010 levels first.

SquashedFrogg
25-10-2017, 09:20 PM

GGTTH!!

Actually noticed recently the chants coming from back of s43 neck of the woods.. You can tell when it's one or two that start a song,but this is quite powerful and obviously a squad..

We're in Row Y but the lads up back are really making a difference...

Was sceptical about the move to FF initially if I'm being honest but I'm starting to see the logic.

Wonderful time to be a Hibby 😁

Hairs up on back of neck when display was revealed 👍

Sir David Gray
25-10-2017, 09:54 PM

I really, really, really hate that song and I'm so glad we don't sing it.

It's not just because they sing it either, I can't stand it when Motherwell and St Johnstone fans sing their versions of it either.

Horrible, stupid song.

NadeAteMyLunch!
25-10-2017, 10:35 PM
I really, really, really hate that song and I'm so glad we don't sing it.

It's not just because they sing it either, I can't stand it when Motherwell and St Johnstone fans sing their versions of it either.

Horrible, stupid song.

It's an absolute shocker. So cringey.

RyeSloan
25-10-2017, 11:35 PM
We already have identified two band drummers in row's DD and GG but for the moment all the focus should be on Since1875 and their collaboration with Hibs management.

S43 need to build the singing back up to 2010 levels first.

Nice...so is S43 an actual group still?

The Since1875 boys have done a fine job but if we are gonna get a complimentary group coming to the fore in the East as well that would be the mutts nuts [emoji106]

RIP
26-10-2017, 06:01 AM
Nice...so is S43 an actual group still?

The Since1875 boys have done a fine job but if we are gonna get a complimentary group coming to the fore in the East as well that would be the mutts nuts [emoji106]

No.Section 43 is just a ticket area in the East stand and the same area that generations of Hibbies have stood and sung for the past 30 years or more.

In the old East it's roughly where the TV gantry was. Singers gravitated to the area beside away fans after the old cooshed was demolished and East Terracing covered.

The club still lets fans stand and sing there. A few hundred at smaller games and over a thousand at the big matches.

Since1875 are building for the long term in the North and we should put our hands in our pockets to fund their work IMO.

CorrieHibs
26-10-2017, 07:07 AM
To be fair they started to sing about going to Europe a couple of times :eyes:

Things must really be getting desperate in the old yam repertoire if that's all they have left...

Their song book went out the window when we won the cup. They have nowt now.

NAE NOOKIE
26-10-2017, 11:19 AM
Bottle merchants on and off the park.

Hibs fans used a period of adveristy to really galvanise and do something about how tame our support had become. That's to the credit of the section guys and the wider support for, generally speaking, embracing it. Hearts fans on the other hand make snidey comments about singing sections and every attempt they make to sort themselves out ends up being hijacked by the hun element of their fanbase. They wonder why their 'support' makes a public library look positively bouncing but do nothing to change it. 'Borrowing' a chant of Motherwell is about the sum total of their efforts.

As Rudi Skacel himself acknowledged 'There's only one team in Edinburgh'.

Indeed ... It was after the 2012 cup final ( where by the way our fans had the upper hand until it all fell apart, they buggers were sitting on their hands until they knew they were going to win ) that folk started to recognise we needed to galvanize a different approach from our fans. Just a few months later the club that had supposedly died took 4,000 to Kilmarnock for a quarter final and generated a terrific atmosphere.

A year later we produced one of the best responses ever seen from fans of a defeated club in a Scottish cup final ... it genuinely made the hairs stand up on the back of your neck.

We took a wee backward step after being relegated, but once more we showed what we can do as for the last 5 minutes the whole crowd stood and cheered and clapped the team as it became clear our total domination of that 2nd leg against the Zombies just wasn't going to be enough.

Then came the 2016 cup final where the backing the team got at 2 - 1 down was enough to make our chairman greet' talking about it a few months later:greengrin ..... What happened at full time may have its detractors, but I'll bet dollars to donuts there's tons of fans out there wishing it had been them .. especially fans of a club not a million miles away.

We still have work to do and there's no doubt the FF singing section has experienced some growing pains .... but last Tuesday night showed what can be achieved. As it has been for the last 3 derbies at ER the whole place was rocking with all 3 home stands joining in, but the display added another dimension to the whole thing .... ER is never going to be like that for every game, but it gets better all the time.

With our renditions of SOL widely admired by neutral fans as being right up there with the very best and ER showing time and again that it is far from the soulless stadium Yams would love folk to believe our fans can hold their heads up in any company ...... If the Yams are our competition then we are currently miles in front and they bloody well know it.

PLEASING !!! ..... as they say :thumbsup:

Lancs Harp
26-10-2017, 11:27 AM
Indeed ... It was after the 2012 cup final ( where by the way our fans had the upper hand until it all fell apart, they buggers were sitting on their hands until they knew they were going to win ) that folk started to recognise we needed to galvanize a different approach from our fans. Just a few months later the club that had supposedly died took 4,000 to Kilmarnock for a quarter final and generated a terrific atmosphere.

A year later we produced one of the best responses ever seen from fans of a defeated club in a Scottish cup final ... it genuinely made the hairs stand up on the back of your neck.

We took a wee backward step after being relegated, but once more we showed what we can do as for the last 5 minutes the whole crowd stood and cheered and clapped the team as it became clear our total domination of that 2nd leg against the Zombies just wasn't going to be enough.

Then came the 2016 cup final where the backing the team got at 2 - 1 down was enough to make our chairman greet' talking about it a few months later:greengrin ..... What happened at full time may have its detractors, but I'll bet dollars to donuts there's tons of fans out there wishing it had been them .. especially fans of a club not a million miles away.

We still have work to do and there's no doubt the FF singing section has experienced some growing pains .... but last Tuesday night showed what can be achieved. As it has been for the last 3 derbies at ER the whole place was rocking with all 3 home stands joining in, but the display added another dimension to the whole thing .... ER is never going to be like that for every game, but it gets better all the time.

With our renditions of SOL widely admired by neutral fans as being right up there with the very best and ER showing time and again that it is far from the soulless stadium Yams would love folk to believe our fans can hold their heads up in any company ...... If the Yams are our competition then we are currently miles in front and they bloody well know it.

I'd add our support in the semi final against Aberdeen to that list too. Great backing even in defeat.

26-10-2017, 11:35 AM
Well done fellow Hibbys, great job.

WRTC

MB62
26-10-2017, 01:34 PM

I wouldn't have a problem with that, could be a good thing and a FIRST? two drummers in different stands?

BTW, Just don't go suggesting we get one in the West as well, I need my peace and quiet on a Saturday afternoon :wink: :greengrin

RyeSloan
26-10-2017, 02:28 PM
No.Section 43 is just a ticket area in the East stand and the same area that generations of Hibbies have stood and sung for the past 30 years or more.

In the old East it's roughly where the TV gantry was. Singers gravitated to the area beside away fans after the old cooshed was demolished and East Terracing covered.

The club still lets fans stand and sing there. A few hundred at smaller games and over a thousand at the big matches.

Since1875 are building for the long term in the North and we should put our hands in our pockets to fund their work IMO.

Cool thanks...thought you were referring to an organised group (thing there was a Sec43 group...prob a precursor to the Since1875)

And yeah spent many a game under the TV gantry standing on the seats [emoji106]

davhibby
26-10-2017, 05:59 PM
Cool thanks...thought you were referring to an organised group (thing there was a Sec43 group...prob a precursor to the Since1875)

And yeah spent many a game under the TV gantry standing on the seats [emoji106]

Since 1875 are the old sect 43 group, just changed the name a few years back iirc

Dashing Bob S
26-10-2017, 06:40 PM
No Jambo on the park could improve our team.

No Jambo in the South stand could improve our support.

SirDavidsNapper
26-10-2017, 06:43 PM

Nail on head

Sprouleflyer
26-10-2017, 07:05 PM

Echo Dome is what they call it.

One things was for sure, the super John McGinn song was echoing not only around Easter Road but also east Edinburgh on Tuesday night, a noise that only the jambos can dream of these days.

NAE NOOKIE
26-10-2017, 09:40 PM

A rapier like thrust :agree:

machibby
27-10-2017, 09:42 AM
Average crowd at ER sitting at over 18 thousand...quite incredible!

1van Sprou7e
27-10-2017, 10:12 AM
Anyone got any decent videos from the game?

Some of the chants from the home end were brilliant

Booked4Being-Ugly
27-10-2017, 10:35 AM
Anyone got a photo of the flag in the east stand at half time?

Looked a cracker but unfortunately I was right behind it and couldn’t see it properly.

Islington Hibs
27-10-2017, 11:27 AM

Top post :top marks

The change of atmosphere has been astonishing. Easter Road has gone from being, too often, a negative get on their backs place, to a very positive experience, when even when we go a goal down the crowd gets behind the team. Nae Nookie is right that the change started to happen before our cup win but by has winning that cup it totally transformed the place. Notwithstanding the fact we actually have a decent team that can play football (and that certainly has not always been the case) but the positive vibe seems to make players actually enjoy playing for us. In my 40 odd years of supporting the team this is easily the most rewarding time to support the club.