PDA

View Full Version : This team has bottle.

ronaldo7
25-10-2017, 12:15 AM
Nobody can tell me, that Neil Lennon hasn't installed bottle into this team.

After 60 minutes, when the mutants decided to try and win the game, they started putting themselves about a bit. Our whole team stood firm. Our Midfield trio, kept the orcs at bay for most of the time, however, when they did get through the first line, they were met with determination, that they would not achieve their goal.

Hibernian Football Club, will not be overcome by a bunch of spivs and charlatans purporting to be a football team.

Thanks guys, you deserve a couple of days off.

GGTTH

monktonharp
25-10-2017, 12:20 AM
agree. we have had a tendancy to give a goal to the opposition, then crawl things back. think we could be on the verge of changing that. last night was a good start.

Brightside
25-10-2017, 12:42 AM
What we have is confidence. All through the team. Been really unfortunate with results. We are a top 3 team for me. Just need to grind out some results. Motherwell a massive test and much better team than Hearts.

Kaff
25-10-2017, 01:02 AM
Neil Lennon is a great manager and wouldn't swap him with anyone atm but we can't forget that Stubbs started this winning run/mentality against them. Of course Marv, McGinn and Dylan were all here before NL.
We have changed as a club and Neil is a continuing part of that, quite possibly the best type of character to build on what was there.
One big thing we have to credit NL with is the durability of Dylan, whatever has happened there is a continuity from him we've never seen before and we certainly look to be benefitting from that just now

Brightside
25-10-2017, 01:17 AM
Neil Lennon is a great manager and wouldn't swap him with anyone atm but we can't forget that Stubbs started this winning run/mentality against them. Of course Marv, McGinn and Dylan were all here before NL.
We have changed as a club and Neil is a continuing part of that, quite possibly the best type of character to build on what was there.
One big thing we have to credit NL with is the durability of Dylan, whatever has happened there is a continuity from him we've never seen before and we certainly look to be benefitting from that just now

Dylan went down south and spent time with the best doctors to fix his issues. Many on here qn him and said it was all in his head. He is getting there and with time he will earn us more than McGinn.

Kaff
25-10-2017, 01:30 AM
Dylan went down south and spent time with the best doctors to fix his issues. Many on here qn him and said it was all in his head. He is getting there and with time he will earn us more than McGinn.

Interesting underscore, is that due to NL or a coincidence that would have been dealt with regardless of manager as the club were dealing with it?
Regardless and not really bothered because it seems we have a top class player available most games and one we need to get signed up!

GORDONSMITH7
25-10-2017, 01:43 AM

After 60 minutes, when the mutants decided to try and win the game, they started putting themselves about a bit. Our whole team stood firm. Our Midfield trio, kept the orcs at bay for most of the time, however, when they did get through the first line, they were met with determination, that they would not achieve their goal.

Hibernian Football Club, will not be overcome by a bunch of spivs and charlatans purporting to be a football team.

GGTTH

Spot on, I concur entirely amigo.

BIG G

Shrekko
25-10-2017, 08:47 AM

We'd better get Dylan on a new contract soon if that's to happen, cos at it stands he'll be available on a free shortly.....

Utterly fantastic player.

flash
25-10-2017, 09:17 AM

The last bit is simply not true. SJM will get us a very large fee Dylan not so much.

scoopyboy
25-10-2017, 09:26 AM

I fear we will get nothing for Dylan.

It makes sense for us to get Dylan on a new contract but does it make sense for Dylan?

R'Albin
25-10-2017, 09:36 AM
I fear we will get nothing for Dylan.

It makes sense for us to get Dylan on a new contract but does it make sense for Dylan?

Is that info or just a hunch?

He's our best player for me. I remember Stubbs saying that when Allan was here and I agreed then too.

hibsbollah
25-10-2017, 09:44 AM
It was encapsulated by Hanlon. At their only clear cut chance he stooried in like a man possessed to get a fantastic block in on I think it was Goncalvezs shot. It really looked like they were going to steal a goal there. Just fantastic defending.

Sometimes when you've been strolling it for over an hour you get complacent but not this time, not this team.

CRAZYHIBBY
25-10-2017, 09:48 AM
This team has bartley

heretoday
25-10-2017, 09:50 AM
They have bottle. They need to put the ball away when they're on top. Same against Aberdeen where they easily matched the Dons but couldn't score.

It's coming along nicely!

Oscar T Grouch
25-10-2017, 09:50 AM
While we may not be able to offer Dylan lots of cash, this isn't always foremost in peoples minds. This squad are happy, they get on with each other and they all work as a unit. All that is worth more than money. I think if we offered a new contract to DM he would sign it without hesitation. Simon Murray's post match interview highlighted this, he was not bitter about being left our of the team after a great start to the season, he just continued to work hard and he took his chance when it was offered to him. It is very difficult to get that in a squad of players and NL seems to have it. This camaraderie is what gives this team bottle, they are all fighting together, whether they're in the first 11 or not. I credit Alan Stubbs for starting it and Neil for improving it and adding a bit of steel and mental toughness.

We are gonna dominate the puddledrinkers for years to come and I for one will savour every second of it :greengrin

cleanyman
25-10-2017, 09:51 AM
Its great to finally have a club that understands how important it is to win the derby. I'm 26 and I've lost count how many rubbish games they've won with dodgy 1-0 and 2-1 scorelines. This current run disturbs them and its great to see.

SouthMoroccoStu
25-10-2017, 10:47 AM
This team has bartley

The notion of the Matty Jack role should be renamed the Marvin Bartley role

bigwheel
25-10-2017, 10:52 AM

never thought it could be renamed...but actually think you have a great point. He has reset the standard of that role :aok:

One Day Soon
25-10-2017, 11:27 AM

GGTTH

As you will know, it is a pretty rare thing for me to be able to agree with one of your posts so it's a genuine pleasure to say that I think you're completely right about this. You can sense Lennon's own resilient, determined mentality seeping into the players more and more.

And it was a pleasure to watch them Jambottle it. Again.

Borderhibbie76
25-10-2017, 12:27 PM
Its great to finally have a club that understands how important it is to win the derby. I'm 26 and I've lost count how many rubbish games they've won with dodgy 1-0 and 2-1 scorelines. This current run disturbs them and its great to see.Nail on head mate our team and last 2.managers get how important this fixture is to us...pre Stubbs it was only McLeish in my lifetime that got this. It's great to outfight them now in derbies as well as outplay them. It was always the fight that let us down in the past

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Iain G
25-10-2017, 01:13 PM

I thought it was the Craig Rocastle role? :greengrin

Sammy7nil
25-10-2017, 06:08 PM

That Hibs team was a far far better team than this team and as much as I like Marv he is not ready to take over from Matty. Yet

erin go bragh
25-10-2017, 06:14 PM
We'd better get Dylan on a new contract soon if that's to happen, cos at it stands he'll be available on a free shortly.....

Utterly fantastic player.

Defo mate . He looks back to his early Hibs form before all the injury absences. New contract is a must .

Famous Fiver
25-10-2017, 06:22 PM
Haven't heard the Hibs'd it cry yet from the other side.

OK I'll start it on our side.

They Heart'sd It!!!!

Kickers, hoofballers, cowards, anti football, morally bankrupt wannabees.

They will always be a no mark club.

This is going to last for years!!!!!

Pleasing.