PDA

View Full Version : Lifted from Kickback after the Game: Sit back and Enjoy

Hi Heid Yin
24-10-2017, 10:11 PM
"Now that they are the mentally dominant team in this fixture it's no surprise to see them edge low key derbies like this"

"We were awful tonight and they looked in total control"

"Just shows how they've grown to feel like they own this fixture the last three years".

"We are just very average and our squad is inferior to they m.t..ts across the city..cold hard facts"

"As embarrassing as it is, the fact is, they were the better team tonight"

"In midfield it was a breeze for them"

"They own us at ER"

"We keep playing the same way against Hibs, and they keep beating us the same way"

"Outplayed in every department unfortunately".

"We never laid a glove on them"

"It was like they had an extra man on the park and they were more hungry for a win than us"

"Our team and fans are far too soft nowadays"

"Hibs had a spring in their step, a swagger and an arrogance that we were lacking"

"We are so, so predictable. We don’t even get close to them to kick them or get in their faces"

"Gutless, rudderless, passionless, no imagination, no spark, no fight, no desire"

"If this Derby record continues at Tynie I will have a full blown meltdown"

"They are a long way ahead of us just now"

"Beginning to think 5-1 is a curse"

"Mcgeouch ran the game for Hibs"

"Hate to say it but Hibs had two maybe 3 players who made all of our outfield players look like puddings"

"We were Outfought and outplayed all over the park"

"Can't believe how we allowed them to bully us throughout the game"

"Hibs are just very direct, non stop energy and running in midfield which we don't seem to be able to match"

"Hanlon played with a cigar most game. Boyle didn't need to get beyond 3rd gear"

"In Derby games we have turned into Hibs"

"They are way better than us just now"

"Couldn't break them down, couldn't cope with their wingers, overrun in midfield"

"Men against boys again"

"We tried to kick them off the park to compensate for our lack of quality and pace".

"It pains me to say it, Hibs deserved it. That's how you should play a derby"

"I'm absolutely gutted that we look so far behind them".

"Well there goes the confident predictions that we will be better in derbies with CL at the helm"

"I really hate us right now"

"Hibs have schooled us again , depressing stuff"

"He (Lennon) is overseeing the best run of results that mob have had over us in 40 years"

"They've definitely had too much Derby joy since the turn of the century for my liking"

"I'll get pelters for this but Lennon has got them set up well. They chased back, won almost every loose ball and their distribution was miles better than ours"

"I just think they have better players"

"Everyone in that Hibs team can drive and run with the ball. Only Souttar and Walker for us"

"McGeouch looked like Iniesta that first half"

"Hibs play at pace. Their midfield is also night and day ahead of ours"

"We went for a point with a totally substandard squad of deadbeats. 3.5 mins into the match the game plan was in tatters"

Springbank
24-10-2017, 10:15 PM
"Now that they are the mentally dominant team in this fixture it's no surprise to see them edge low key derbies like this"

"Just shows how they've grown to feel like they own this fixture the last three years".

"We are just very average and our squad is inferior to they m.t..ts across the city..cold hard facts"

"They own us at ER"

"We keep playing the same way against Hibs, and they keep beating us the same way"

"It was like they had an extra man on the park and they were more hungry for a win than us"

"Hibs had a spring in their step, a swagger and an arrogance that we were lacking"

"We are so, so predictable. We don’t even get close to them to kick them or get in their faces"

"Gutless, rudderless, passionless, no imagination, no spark, no fight, no desire"

"Hate to say it but Hibs had two maybe 3 players who made all of our outfield players look like puddings"

"Hibs are just very direct, non stop energy and running in midfield which we don't seem to be able to match"

"Hanlon played with a cigar most game. Boyle didn't need to get beyond 3rd gear"

"Couldn't break them down, couldn't cope with their wingers, overrun in midfield"

"Men against boys again"

"We tried to kick them off the park to compensate for our lack of quality and pace".

"Well there goes the confident predictions that we will be better in derbies with CL at the helm"

"He (Lennon) is overseeing the best run of results that mob have had over us in 40 years"

"They've definitely had too much Derby joy since the turn of the century for my liking"

"I'll get pelters for this but Lennon has got them set up well. They chased back, won almost every loose ball and their distribution was miles better than ours"

"Everyone in that Hibs team can drive and run with the ball. Only Souttar and Walker for us"

"We went for a point with a totally substandard squad of deadbeats. 3.5 mins into the match the game plan was in tatters"

This is the thread ive been waiting for.
Good stuff. Have a beer :)

stoneyburn hibs
Haha brilliant!
Thanks for posting this, a great kip will be had tonight.

Pete
It won’t be long until planes are hired again.

Bostonhibby
So they still think they are better than they actually are then:wink:

18Hibee75
24-10-2017, 10:16 PM
Makes it that even more enjoyable. Fuds.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Sammy7nil
24-10-2017, 10:16 PM
Very honest and reality beginning to kick in.

Santa Cruz
24-10-2017, 10:17 PM
Iniesta 😀

HFCdeb
24-10-2017, 10:18 PM
Barry 👆👌

dp00
[emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

California-Hibs
Their forum is an utter treat tonight. It’s sinking in for many at last. I encourage all to grab a beer and give it a visit! PLEASING!!

Lancs Harp
24-10-2017, 10:19 PM
They've taken it well then. :greengrin

Andy74
Unusually honest from them!

hfc rd
They are hurting very badly and it is very pleasing 😊👍🏾

Toldo123
24-10-2017, 10:23 PM
Their forum is an utter treat tonight. It’s sinking in for many at last. I encourage all to grab a beer and give it a visit! PLEASING!!I can't seem to access their forum on Tapatalk any more. Shame

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

gaz1875
24-10-2017, 10:23 PM
Can't believe no one said thank **** it was only 1 - 0 :confused:

Pete
24-10-2017, 10:25 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/172972-lap-of-honour-tonight/

😥

😂

Bostonhibby
24-10-2017, 10:28 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/172972-lap-of-honour-tonight/

😥

😂

One balloon thinks they'll be playing at Tynecastle in December!

givescotlandfreedom
24-10-2017, 10:28 PM
No fun when you have to pay your way, is it Jambos? :D

Nicho87
24-10-2017, 10:30 PM
Popcorn ?

mca
24-10-2017, 10:31 PM

:paid:

We Paid for our Cup.. They Never !!!

jacomo
I fear their season is over already.

Known bottlers in the cups. Unlikely to do anything of note in the League. Their only objective is beating Hibs.

Oh dear.

renato
“Low key derbies”?

We pretty much own them in every kind of derby, these days. The worm turned quite a while ago.

Viva_Palmeiras
24-10-2017, 10:32 PM
Unusually honest from them!

Thats what I thought.

huggie1875
24-10-2017, 10:33 PM
amazing what a level playing field does to sport

The Harp
24-10-2017, 10:40 PM
Haven't looked at their forum, but fair play to them, their responses to tonight's game, posted by LL, are pretty realistic.

greenlex
24-10-2017, 10:43 PM
It’s hard to argue with any of that.

Oscar T Grouch
24-10-2017, 10:48 PM
That’s almost as good as my twitter feed tonight. Ewan Cameron’s is quite funny and for once I agree with him!

Thecat23
24-10-2017, 10:49 PM
I took a screen shot of this weeks ago... How’d that work out guys??
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171024/14d6b66397582e80524d61dd0ada5576.jpg

iwasthere1972
24-10-2017, 10:50 PM
Apparently they are about three good players away from giving us a good old fashioned thrashing. :greengrin

snooky
24-10-2017, 10:52 PM
I thought that their comments were very fair and surprisingly lacking in bitterness towards us.

renato
24-10-2017, 10:58 PM
Apparently they are about three good players away from giving us a good old fashioned thrashing. :greengrin

Try 7 or 8 players, a decent manager, 19k seats and an extra couple of million quid p.a. before they can even think about properly going toe to toe with us again. We’ve been waiting a while for this, happy days.

iwasthere1972
24-10-2017, 11:01 PM
Try 7 or 8 players, a decent manager, 19k seats and an extra couple of million quid p.a. before they can even think about properly going toe to toe with us again. We’ve been waiting a while for this, happy days.

Exactly. Miles apart. Not one of their players would even get on our bench. :thumbsup:

monktonharp
24-10-2017, 11:15 PM
I love the fact that us vermin, apparently now know how to pass the ball. it makes us look good, but we are not really good because they are actually allowing us to look good because they are behaving badly. pleasing

NAE NOOKIE
24-10-2017, 11:16 PM
Pretty honest comments there. One guy got it bang on, they did try to kick us off the park. Absolutely typical Levin tactics, boot everything that moves and hoof the ball up the pitch to Laugherty .... as Michael Stewart keeps saying 'eye bleeding' :greengrin

Hibby70
24-10-2017, 11:20 PM
Is that by us taking off McGinn, Bartley and wee Dylan and bringing nobody on?

Hermit Crab
24-10-2017, 11:20 PM
I like this post......

What gives me comfort is that, fair enough, they beat us (yet again) but they arent even our rivals. Our rivals are Aberdeen, Rangers and, very soon, Celtic: those are the teams we need to watch, not some championship club who arent even remotely close to our level.

green day
24-10-2017, 11:23 PM
I am loving this level financial playing field.

Not sure the kickbackers have sussed it out yet.

renato
24-10-2017, 11:37 PM
I like this post......

What gives me comfort is that, fair enough, they beat us (yet again) but they arent even our rivals. Our rivals are Aberdeen, Rangers and, very soon, Celtic: those are the teams we need to watch, not some championship club who arent even remotely close to our level.

Eh? Jesus wept...

Deansy
24-10-2017, 11:37 PM
I thought that their comments were very fair and surprisingly lacking in bitterness towards us.

It's probably still too early but the day will come when they will have no choice but to admit that they did cheat for 30+ years and that was the sole reason the derby-record changed. Now it's a level playing-field we're gonna honestly go about rectifying the derby-record so it shows a true reflection - for the first time in over 3 decades - exactly which club is the best !!

All the years of the 'Big team' and all that 'The Famous' keech are now dead and buried and they should really just be thankful they've actually still got a club to support - a club that's rapidly heading back to it's more accurate and true Pre-Mercer levels (younger Hibees have fun googling them - specially their attendances !!) . Tonight's result, coupled with the unbeaten run will help ensure it won't be long until 'D/D Crisis at PBS' are the headlines - and it's no more than they deserve, absolute **** of a club !.

NAE NOOKIE
24-10-2017, 11:47 PM
I like this post......

:faf:

mjhibby
24-10-2017, 11:57 PM
I fear their season is over already.

Known bottlers in the cups. Unlikely to do anything of note in the League. Their only objective is beating Hibs.

Oh dear.

Beating us is all they live for as has been shown in their cup record in the last few years. They will never progress if that's all they target. Their poor cup runs is of course hurting them financially which means they are buying poorer players. Wee shame.

Paisley Hibby
25-10-2017, 12:20 AM
I like this post......

I'm amazed that his mum let him stay up so late to write that 😂

matty_f
25-10-2017, 12:27 AM
They've got a cheek complaining about a lap of honour. The was a time not long ago when they we're chucking jerseys into the crowd at the hint of a draw at Easter Road.

Hermit Crab
Eh? Jesus wept...

I'm amazed that his mum let him stay up so late to write that 😂

Quite simply a stunning post! Couldn't believe what I had just read!

Hermit Crab
They've got a cheek complaining about a lap of honour. The was a time not long ago when they we're chucking jerseys into the crowd at the hint of a draw at Easter Road.

Yeah and tonight they chucked their scarves away at the end. (again!)

Brightside
25-10-2017, 12:28 AM
One of them said Cochrane had a good game..... :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

matty_f
25-10-2017, 12:29 AM
Yeah and tonight they chucked their scarves away at the end. (again!)

AZhibee
25-10-2017, 12:52 AM

This statement is wrong, they were better yesterday, sh***.

andybev1
25-10-2017, 04:05 AM
This was posted over on kickback.........

Posted 4 hours ago (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/172972-lap-of-honour-tonight/&do=findComment&comment=6315246)

5 hours ago, 3fingersreid (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/?app=core&module=members&controller=profile&id=910) said:
That’s pretty much bang on themark . I keep the hope that once we get back home and things settle down off the park it might get the football side back on track.
The young ladies look like they could be good but they need a right hard ******* in the middle of the park to help and protect them
Surely we can find someone to do that and get right in our opponentsfaces ?
__________________________________________________ ___

Someone replied................

I assume you mean laddies,otherwise it’s wrong.

Quote (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/172972-lap-of-honour-tonight/#)

__________________________________________________ _______________________

I think he was right the first time. Hilarious.

Dashing Bob S
25-10-2017, 05:11 AM
I like this post......

My personal favorite. I love a Jambo who has been in cold storage for half a decade.

poolman
25-10-2017, 06:00 AM

Kiwidoug is an absolute dickhead

I knew him years ago from Edinburgh

He was a dickhead then and the only thing that appears to have changed is that he's an even bigger dickhead now

lyonhibs
25-10-2017, 06:07 AM

They are. De Bruyne, Messi and Bonucci.

Utter plums. I was surprised at how honking they were. Once we nullified the Levein "kick kick kick" tactics, they had absolutely nothing.

Thecat23
25-10-2017, 06:13 AM

He was a dickhead then and the only thing that appears to have changed is that he's an even bigger dickhead now

He comes across as a right dickhead as well. Hope he enjoyed that last night, these kind of Jambos will be hurting badly 😁

jax67
25-10-2017, 06:22 AM

"They own us at ER"

"Men against boys again"

Wonderful.

dangermouse
25-10-2017, 06:36 AM
It's probably still too early but the day will come when they will have no choice but to admit that they did cheat for 30+ years and that was the sole reason the derby-record changed. Now it's a level playing-field we're gonna honestly go about rectifying the derby-record so it shows a true reflection - for the first time in over 3 decades - exactly which club is the best !!

All the years of the 'Big team' and all that 'The Famous' keech are now dead and buried and they should really just be thankful they've actually still got a club to support - a club that's rapidly heading back to it's more accurate and true Pre-Mercer levels (younger Hibees have fun googling them - specially their attendances !!) . Tonight's result, coupled with the unbeaten run will help ensure it won't be long until 'D/D Crisis at PBS' are the headlines - and it's no more than they deserve, absolute **** of a club !.

but, but... world class players, 5-1, the famous, saved us from speaking German, Christian Nade, glass curtain, saved us from speaking German (again), Champions League winners within 5 years!

Tinribs
25-10-2017, 06:37 AM
I like this post......

Was this seriously posted yesterday? If so, then the guy is ill.

Phil MaGlass
25-10-2017, 06:38 AM
I was sick yesterday only caught the result now :thumbsup::flag:

I love this bit

Brute force only gets yi so far, they are going to struggle for years with paying off their council stand and not affording quality players.

Northernhibee
25-10-2017, 06:38 AM
Apparently Andrew Dallas gave us everything last night, it was 12 vs 11 for them and McGeouch, McGinn and Boyle are divers. :lolyam:

None too happy with big Marv on the wind up either. http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/172969-marvin-bartley-tweet/

LancsHibs
25-10-2017, 06:59 AM
but, but... world class players, 5-1, the famous, saved us from speaking German, Christian Nade, glass curtain, saved us from speaking German (again), Champions League winners within 5 years!

Don’t forget Big Nose, big team, we only owe it to ourselves...blah blah

scm70nyd1973
25-10-2017, 07:22 AM

Assuming he is over here in Kiwi land like me and that he is indeed a DH he will therefore be upsides down - it is amazing the amount of pish that leaks out of an upsides down DH and may explain a great deal to us all.

PapillonVert
25-10-2017, 07:28 AM
Wonder how many will be cancelling the Direct Debits this morning?

J-C
25-10-2017, 07:34 AM

"They own us at ER"

"Men against boys again"

Must admit nearly all those responses are pretty honest from them, realising just how bad they are and how good we are.

calumhibee1
25-10-2017, 07:54 AM
Apparently Andrew Dallas gave us everything last night, it was 12 vs 11 for them and McGeouch, McGinn and Boyle are divers. :lolyam:

None too happy with big Marv on the wind up either. http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/172969-marvin-bartley-tweet/
I seen that. Laugherty, Cochrane and Smith all should have been off and you can’t really even debate that. Jamie Walker also had enough fouls to have been booked about 3 times. To think that they think the ref gave us everything is mind blowing.

madsen5
25-10-2017, 08:05 AM

I went to school wit a guy called dougie Wilson he emigrated to NZ years ago was a rabid jambo at school
I wonder if it's the same person .Ggtth

green day
25-10-2017, 08:16 AM
There is still a persistent set of posters on JKB who dont get it.

Lots of them saying that we are "average" and that they just need 2 midfielders and a left back.

Some of them saying that they need a "clear out" and 4/5 players in January

Pity they dont have any cash :thumbsup::thumbsup:

jacomo
25-10-2017, 08:23 AM

There was a guy with that username on the Scotsman back in the heyday of Vlad.

Always giving it large about the imminent 40k seater mega dome and Champions League domination, even as reality dawned. Fool.

Jim44
25-10-2017, 08:23 AM
Had to add this:

Clearly hibs have had 3 or 4 seasons of sensible recruitment, Which shows in their team. We’ve had 3 or 4 seasons of pick n mix from 2 very different managers and it clearly shows. We’re a shambles which won’t be fixed in one transfer window. A few miserable derby days to come��

One sensible comment, followed by a torrent of ‘they’re marginally better than us but only because we’re crap and will be back after a couple of additions.’

Hibernia&Alba
25-10-2017, 08:29 AM
That makes for extremely pleasing reading; and most of them are honest enough to recognise their team was second best. My favourite:

"If this Derby record continues at Tynie I will have a full blown meltdown" :greengrin

Bostonhibby
25-10-2017, 08:34 AM
There was a guy with that username on the Scotsman back in the heyday of Vlad.

Always giving it large about the imminent 40k seater mega dome and Champions League domination, even as reality dawned. Fool.

It seems like they are one and the same person - quite a few potential multiple identities on the EEN site as that's what unstable people sometimes do. Doug is their top roaster / vlad lover and consequently a bellend who swallows hook line and sinker any line that's trotted out, which is why they are where they are today, and where they are heading. Never has anything to contribute to the football debate other than spouting anti Hibs rantings. Lonely existence.

HIBERNIAN-0762
25-10-2017, 08:48 AM
Some head clearing stuff on there in the last couple of hours.

One fandan writes "take the guy from the hills have eyes out and they are nothing" :hilarious

And another

"we are only a couple of players behind Aberdeen" :rotflmao:

Just what is it they drink up there.

MKHIBEE
25-10-2017, 08:50 AM
Barry 👆👌

Dont need him, leave him at West Brom :wink:

jacomo
25-10-2017, 08:50 AM
It seems like they are one and the same person - quite a few potential multiple identities on the EEN site as that's what unstable people sometimes do. Doug is their top roaster / vlad lover and consequently a bellend who swallows hook line and sinker any line that's trotted out, which is why they are where they are today, and where they are heading. Never has anything to contribute to the football debate other than spouting anti Hibs rantings. Lonely existence.

I used to comment on the Scotsman site but gave up because it was like having a shouting match with morons.

Best to leave them with their delusions I think.

Aldo
25-10-2017, 08:55 AM
There is still a persistent set of posters on JKB who dont get it. Lots of them saying that we are "average" and that they just need 2 midfielders and a left back. Some of them saying that they need a "clear out" and 4/5 players in January Pity they dont have any cash :thumbsup::thumbsup:

This is what happens when you have to live within your means.

Budget blown on Laugherty and Berra!

I wonder when the penny will finally drop for them??

Bostonhibby
25-10-2017, 09:14 AM
I used to comment on the Scotsman site but gave up because it was like having a shouting match with morons.

Best to leave them with their delusions I think.Same here. I did wonder if names like Roland and kiwidoug, to name a few, were actually just all allisbarry living the dream but it's best just ignored completely. At least all the real losers are all in one place.

Hope they're enjoying their day.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Bristolhibby
25-10-2017, 09:50 AM
I like this post......

Hahaha, classic deluded nonsense from them. Brilliant!

“Not even our rivals”, keep telling yourself that pal, stings doesnt it?

J

NZ Green
25-10-2017, 10:00 AM

https://image.ibb.co/cNQ4d6/Promotion_Comment.jpg

Same guy that posted "If they get promotion, I will eat my own bottom and post the video on Utube." disappointed he never delivered.

TheMentalHibees
25-10-2017, 10:10 AM

Same guy that posted "If they get promotion, I will eat my own bottom and post the video on Utube." disappointed he never delivered.

In fairness to him I don't think there's a soul alive that wants to see that.

lapsedhibee
25-10-2017, 10:18 AM
One of them said Cochrane had a good game..... :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Potter said that in his interview. Presumably for the graceful tackle on McGinn. HOOF!

lyonhibs
25-10-2017, 10:24 AM
I like this post......

To be fair to that poster, if you read the full post it's actually a sarcastic comment directed at another poster who seemingly REALLY did say something like that a while ago.

Rather descended into a lover's tiff between them thereafter. Accusations of being a Hun without the bus fare etc etc.

One can almost taste the bitter, salty tears on that thread.

It's wonderful

Smartie
25-10-2017, 10:25 AM
In fairness to him I don't think there's a soul alive that wants to see that.

And also in fairness to him, he probably did the first part only for it to be knocked back by youtube on grounds of it being unacceptable material.

EdinMike
25-10-2017, 10:34 AM
If we’re being honest, we weren’t great last night. Not as good as we could be. It should have been 3 or 4. And it will be come December at [Insert Stadium Here] onwards and upwards.

Mick O'Rourke
25-10-2017, 10:58 AM
That hole in the sand just keep getting bigger.
This quote says it all

"A few decent signings in January and we will sort this lot out again."

During the last January window they signed more players than there is workmen fitting the seats at the New Taj Mahal.
A construction that is so much over budget it will keep them in debt for the duration.

Miss 6% may not hang around too long,if she can find a submarine commander to take the helm.

Phil MaGlass
25-10-2017, 11:16 AM

I think he did eat his own bottom as he seems to be talking out of it

Aldo
25-10-2017, 11:18 AM
If we’re being honest, we weren’t great last night. Not as good as we could be. It should have been 3 or 4. And it will be come December at [Insert Stadium Here] onwards and upwards.

I am confused by your opening one.

I thought we were unplayable at times and totally ran the show. We may not have scored as many as we should have but to say we weren't great is wide of the mark IMHO.

I'm all for opinions but can I ask did you actually watch the game??

Bostonhibby
25-10-2017, 11:19 AM
I think he did eat his own bottom as he seems to be talking out of itTo be fair I think he was mixing up his sporting interests with his love life.

WeeRussell
25-10-2017, 11:36 AM

I thought we were unplayable at times and totally ran the show. We may not have scored as many as we should have but to say we weren't great is wide of the mark IMHO.

I agree with him. We were good, very good at times.. but we have another level on top of that. Hearts are very, very poor on that evidence.. and a team with anything about them may actually have got something from the game. Delighted with the result and solid performance, but actually walked away thinking "we really should have given them a right doing tonight".

You're correct in that we did run the show, and hopefully they get their doing in December... although I'd take 1-0s for as long as this unbeaten run continues :greengrin

EdinMike
25-10-2017, 11:45 AM

Absolutely, I mean it’s all opinions here. I watched most of the game. Was working at the time. From what I saw we were miles better. But I just feel there’s another gear, another level, much better than that. I can only say so much in a textual sense. But hey ho. We won !

IWasThere2016
25-10-2017, 12:09 PM
:lolyam:

Fab read that ..

Hi Heid Yin
25-10-2017, 05:30 PM
I think he did eat his own bottom as he seems to be talking out of it

:hilarious

MyJo
25-10-2017, 06:12 PM

:agree: we dominated them all over the park apart from in thier box, it should have been a 3 or 4 goal victory and only a lack of composure from Barker & Boyle and a good save from thier keeper when Dylan dinked it over the defence stopped us trouncing them.

If Stokes was playing he would probably have got a hat-trick

Andy74
25-10-2017, 06:17 PM
:agree: we dominated them all over the park apart from in thier box, it should have been a 3 or 4 goal victory and only a lack of composure from Barker & Boyle and a good save from thier keeper when Dylan dinked it over the defence stopped us trouncing them.

If Stokes was playing he would probably have got a hat-trick

I’m not so sure we would have played the same way with Stokes playing. We were playing with pace and getting wide before he arrived and we got back to it when he was out. I think Murray prefers being up there by himself as the main striker.

Stokes is a cracking player but I’m yet to be convinced we’re a better team with him in it. That said you do get days like the cup final with him so difficult to leave him out.

Aldo
25-10-2017, 06:32 PM
I’m not so sure we would have played the same way with Stokes playing. We were playing with pace and getting wide before he arrived and we got back to it when he was out. I think Murray prefers being up there by himself as the main striker. Stokes is a cracking player but I’m yet to be convinced we’re a better team with him in it. That said you do get days like the cup final with him so difficult to leave him out.

Andy you put over some valid points but the team would have lined up the same with the exception of Stokes replacing Murray.

Murray actually scored a Stokes like goal tbh with a wee nutmeg and cracking finish.

At times I thought we lacked a bit of composure/quality in the decision making in final 3rd. I'm not saying the front 3 didn't play well but lacked a bit of composure. This for me anyway, is what Stokes brings.

WhileTheChief..
25-10-2017, 06:47 PM
This guy gets it....

As I said on another thread the list of footballing shockers this regime are accountable for grows ever longer:

- Longest derby run without a victory since the 70's
- Worst European result in our history
- Loss to Peterhead and elimination in group stage of League Cup to 4 lower league sides
- Calamitous Scottish Cup derby defeat which saw our greatest rivals then go on to win it for first time in 100+ years
- Endless list of disastrous signings some of which have cost us 100's of thousands of pounds paying off. Some we are still burdened with. Some even got a game last night ffs
- Shambolic appointment of the current Head Coach after his own protegy was eventually canned
- Hugely disappointing fees received for several heralded young players

The above is off the top of my head. For everything they've done off the park this regime, save the Championship season have been culpable for a ****show on it. A complete shambles and nobody in the least accountable.

Smartie
25-10-2017, 06:47 PM
Andy you put over some valid points but the team would have lined up the same with the exception of Stokes replacing Murray.

Murray actually scored a Stokes like goal tbh with a wee nutmeg and cracking finish.

At times I thought we lacked a bit of composure/quality in the decision making in final 3rd. I'm not saying the front 3 didn't play well but lacked a bit of composure. This for me anyway, is what Stokes brings.

Yep, Stokes brings a bit of guile which complements the raw pace of the other 2 quite well.

As you say, it was a Stokes-esque bit of skill for the goal from Murray.

I wasn't that gutted that Stokes didn't make it as I had confidence that Murray had what it took to give their defence problems, and so it turned out.

I really don't rate that Souttar btw, and he's been getting rave reviews, and Berra looked the competent enough but slow and limited CH I think he is. I maintain that I wouldn't be in a hurry to swap any of our 5 CH's for Berra (which has sounded a bit mad given he's played some decent games for Scotland of late).

Aldo
25-10-2017, 06:58 PM
Yep, Stokes brings a bit of guile which complements the raw pace of the other 2 quite well. As you say, it was a Stokes-esque bit of skill for the goal from Murray. I wasn't that gutted that Stokes didn't make it as I had confidence that Murray had what it took to give their defence problems, and so it turned out. I really don't rate that Souttar btw, and he's been getting rave reviews, and Berra looked the competent enough but slow and limited CH I think he is. I maintain that I wouldn't be in a hurry to swap any of our 5 CH's for Berra (which has sounded a bit mad given he's played some decent games for Scotland of late).

I was disappointed Stokes missed out but like you not gutted.
I mentioned on the game thread that it was time for Murray to step up to the plate and for me he did. The early goal settled him and will do his confidence a world of good! There were times in the game though that I wished Stokes was playing as his quality would have benefitted us.

This is by no way dissing those who performed exceptionally well in what was a superb team performance.

For me the only player that would potentially get near our starting line up is Walker and the rest wouldn't even get near our match day squad if all our players were fit

WhileTheChief..
25-10-2017, 07:03 PM
Souttar and Walker are average at best. Basically a bit better than the rest of their dross so they stand out.

If Rangers want to compete with Celtic they need far far better than Jamie ****** Walker.

I wouldn’t take any of their players in place of any of ours.

bingo70
25-10-2017, 07:08 PM
Souttar and Walker are average at best. Basically a bit better than the rest of their dross so they stand out.

If Rangers want to compete with Celtic they need far far better than Jamie ****** Walker.

Why was Souttar taking their set pieces? That confused me all night, especially when they were nearly all so bad

Danderhall Hibs
25-10-2017, 07:14 PM
Why was Souttar taking their set pieces? That confused me all night, especially when they were nearly all so bad

Mental. A centre half that toe punts anything close to him and he’s their “footballing centre half” they tout as Scotland’s future?!

ian cruise
25-10-2017, 07:28 PM

:paid:

We Paid for our Cup.. They Never !!!

That's not fair mate, they did pay for their cup, it's just that they used other people's money. They used plenty of it though....

jacomo
25-10-2017, 08:17 PM
This guy gets it....

As I said on another thread the list of footballing shockers this regime are accountable for grows ever longer:

- Longest derby run without a victory since the 70's
- Worst European result in our history
- Loss to Peterhead and elimination in group stage of League Cup to 4 lower league sides
- Calamitous Scottish Cup derby defeat which saw our greatest rivals then go on to win it for first time in 100+ years
- Endless list of disastrous signings some of which have cost us 100's of thousands of pounds paying off. Some we are still burdened with. Some even got a game last night ffs
- Shambolic appointment of the current Head Coach after his own protegy was eventually canned
- Hugely disappointing fees received for several heralded young players

The above is off the top of my head. For everything they've done off the park this regime, save the Championship season have been culpable for a ****show on it. A complete shambles and nobody in the least accountable.

Levein is accountable to Budge.

What is he complaining about?

Unless he got taken in by all that 'supporters movement' rubbish about owning their club, of course...

WeeHibby
26-10-2017, 07:44 AM
On twitter they are very happy about a "Gif" of the John Mcginn tackle. Speaks for itself if that is their only highlight of the game that they are happy about. :lolyam:

WeeRussell
26-10-2017, 11:52 AM

Berra and Walker (being hearts ****s aside) are the only 2 players off the top of my head that I would take from them.

And that's not based on their performances on Tuesday night :greengrin

--------
26-10-2017, 12:19 PM
"I was watching Heartstv tonight and at the end of the match the picture stayed on the Hibs players celebrating in the centre circle. Nothing unusual there, but as the PA then struck up the dire Sunshine on leith the players then went on to do a lap of honour. They were jumping about like they had just won a cup final. Now don’t get me wrong, they are quite right to go and applaud the fans and give each other a pat on the back, but a ******g lap of honour.

If you listen to one of them they will tell you, that the pendulum has swung, well ladies and gentlemen, their players have just shown me by their reaction that they know they are the wee team, always have been and always will be."

There's a world of hurt in that post.

And so much more. :devil:

SirDavidsNapper
26-10-2017, 01:03 PM
I like this post......

Surely nobody said that?

NZ Green
26-10-2017, 01:32 PM
My favourite.

"Just chuck on your 5-1 DVD and remember that we will be lightyears ahead once the new stand is built."

https://media.giphy.com/media/OaM7mI0qq1FRK/giphy.gif

That's right, everything's going to be ok.

Deansy
26-10-2017, 01:46 PM
"I was watching Heartstv tonight and at the end of the match the picture stayed on the Hibs players celebrating in the centre circle. Nothing unusual there, but as the PA then struck up the dire Sunshine on leith the players then went on to do a lap of honour. They were jumping about like they had just won a cup final. Now don’t get me wrong, they are quite right to go and applaud the fans and give each other a pat on the back, but a ******g lap of honour.

If you listen to one of them they will tell you, that the pendulum has swung, well ladies and gentlemen, their players have just shown me by their reaction that they know they are the wee team, always have been and always will be."

Oh dear - once again the Maroon 'Specimens pickled in a jar' get it totally wrong !!. A 'Lap of honour' is a complete circuit approximately around the pitch-edge - our players (quite rightly) were merely applauding our support in the 3 stands - never went near theirs (fear of contamination most likely) therefore NO 'Lap' !

poolman
26-10-2017, 02:06 PM
I went to school wit a guy called dougie Wilson he emigrated to NZ years ago was a rabid jambo at school
I wonder if it's the same person .Ggtth

The very person, I was good pals with his brother John

They lived in Viewforth

Bostonhibby
26-10-2017, 02:09 PM
Oh dear - once again the Maroon 'Specimens pickled in a jar' get it totally wrong !!. A 'Lap of honour' is a complete circuit approximately around the pitch-edge - our players (quite rightly) were merely applauding our support in the 3 stands - never went near theirs (fear of contamination most likely) therefore NO 'Lap' !

To be fair they can only do what is known as a horseshoe of honour, only having the 3 stands, or they could call it doing a Falkirk as they are similarly challenged.

I think it will be a long, long time before they complete anything worthy of a real lap of honour.

Hermit Crab
26-10-2017, 02:22 PM
Surely nobody said that?

They did, pop over and read the thread. :agree:

Tug Wilson
26-10-2017, 05:39 PM

The Hibs players also came over and applauded the Hibs fans at full time at Hampden on Saturday.

Nothing to do with a lap of honour. Just a connection with the fans.

Bostonhibby
26-10-2017, 05:58 PM

And so much more. [emoji317]Nae real point in the maroon balloons going over to their fans as 90% of them turned tail and fled immediately after their latest defeat by us.

And we all know what happened when father dougal and his brave lads tried it on the last day of the famous old atmospheric asbestos stand.

brog
26-10-2017, 06:00 PM

I think Souttar has the potential to be decent though he needs to be physically stronger. Walker I believe is destined to find the holy grail of obscurity in which Nicolson, Holt, the King Brothers, Paterson, McHattie & McGee already reside. At least we got properly compensated for our golden generation.

jacomo
26-10-2017, 06:01 PM

:hilarious

Jambos are funny.

Aldo
26-10-2017, 06:03 PM
The seethe and bitterness is still very very evident and the hurt is clear to see!

All very pleasing and tbh the defensive hackles are up with all my yam associates and the 1-5 blankie has been out since the final whistle! They just don’t get that they have no money and ***** players.

Had to remind them to ensure Lady Haig was paid in time which went down well....NOT. Always part of their History... Always.

Firestarter
26-10-2017, 06:05 PM
I think Souttar has the potential to be decent though he needs to be physically stronger. Walker I believe is destined to find the holy grail of obscurity in which Nicolson, Holt, the King Brothers, Paterson, McHattie & McGee already reside. At least we got properly compensated for our golden generation.

Souttar is a like Chris Hogg.

Paterson will make a good name for himself in football

madsen5
26-10-2017, 06:07 PM
The very person, I was good pals with his brother John

They lived in Viewforth

The one I knew lived in lauristo place in the 60s
Then he moved and I lost touch with him.

Jack Hackett
26-10-2017, 06:12 PM
Coco can see through the bs to the writing on the wall

" (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/172955-off-levein/&page=3#)
(http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/?app=core&module=system&controller=content&do=find&content_class=forums_Topic&content_id=172955&content_commentid=6315519)On 25/10/2017 at 08:30, Coco (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/?app=core&module=members&controller=profile&id=354) said:
Such a missed opportunity to clear out at the end of last season. We were denied the cathartic joy of the clear out and the promise of the new. Instead it is clear that the club are going to drag this rubbish model right to the end. Our first class coaches are so good that prospective new managers couldn't bring in their staff! Run by someone who has never come close to winning anything in management. Coaches with no wins as coaches and one Scottish cup as players too. All failed under the Levein Cathro model but all must stay.

A dof/manager, 4 first team Coaches, youth team coach, head of youth academy, head of fitness, physio, a head of coach recruitment, a head of Coaching the coaches. And no wingers and 3 first team strikers - one of whom is from non league football. No left back for 3 seasons! No pace, no creativity. The 19 year olds out on loan so the 16 year olds are playing (ahead of the rubbish signed on up to 3 1/2 year contracts). The 'process' has eaten what the club is supposed to be about - winning matches.

Talk of continuity but signing 15 players per season as the previous bunch go out the door. Bizarre transfer market business like Gryzlek or Cowie new deal when managerless. And now the wait for the next transfer window to sort it out. What happened to signing players to sell on?!

The bootroom http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/emoticons/default_smilies_rofl.gif"

I love it :top marks

Hibernia&Alba
26-10-2017, 06:14 PM

You can almost feel the pain that was experienced during the typing of that. The tears and snotters being wiped away as the bottom lip trembled ten to the dozen; the big swig from the whisky bottle at each full stop. That was difficult for him to write.

Ich liebe Deek
26-10-2017, 06:17 PM
Tom English made a good point as to how many hearts players would get in the hibs team.The answer is clearly none.That Jambo greeting on his balcony in Bulgaria must be ready to jump at this stage.

Robinho08
26-10-2017, 06:18 PM
That makes for pleasent reading. 👌🏼

IGRIGI
26-10-2017, 06:20 PM
Reading their comments they really have become the Hibs of 5 or 6 years ago.

Pleasing.

Deansy
26-10-2017, 06:52 PM

Same as David Templeton - can anyone remember the ridiculous amount they reckoned he was worth before they went bust and their 'Big Bros' over in Govan helped them out by taking him off their hands for a fraction of what the Dumbos had rated him ??

SirDavidsNapper
26-10-2017, 07:04 PM
Out of Hearts word class golden generation the only one i can think of who has moved on to "better things" is Holt and he is part of an abysmal Sevco team. What happened to Callum Tapping and Scott Robinson? My Hearts mate said they were the future of Scottish Football 😂

Jack Hackett
26-10-2017, 07:11 PM
Out of Hearts word class golden generation the only one i can think of who has moved on to "better things" is Holt and he is part of an abysmal Sevco team. What happened to Callum Tapping and Scott Robinson? My Hearts mate said they were the future of Scottish Football 😂

Auld TOTTY of Scotsman/EEN fame, labelled them "The best crop of youngsters in Scotland, if not the UK".

My favourite yam slaverer :lolyam:

SirDavidsNapper
26-10-2017, 07:23 PM
Auld TOTTY of Scotsman/EEN fame, labelled them "The best crop of youngsters in Scotland, if not the UK".

My favourite yam slaverer [emoji38]yam:Deary me [emoji85]

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Firestarter
26-10-2017, 07:26 PM

Paterson is down at Cardiff and will make it. The rest are *****! The boy I despised most was McHattie! Hope he's playing juniours now. *****.

SirDavidsNapper
26-10-2017, 07:35 PM
Paterson is down at Cardiff and will make it. The rest are *****! The boy I despised most was McHattie! Hope he's playing juniours now. *****.Forgot about Paterson. I'd have taken him at Hibs.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

lyonhibs
26-10-2017, 08:03 PM
Paterson is down at Cardiff and will make it. The rest are *****! The boy I despised most was McHattie! Hope he's playing juniours now. *****.

Did he not momentarily come to Hibs and not play a minute? Sure we signed one of their great white hopes as cover for like 6 months and he never played a minute.

Or was that Eckersely? Load of *****, whomever they were.

Ringothedog
26-10-2017, 09:10 PM
Did he not momentarily come to Hibs and not play a minute? Sure we signed one of their great white hopes as cover for like 6 months and he never played a minute.

It was Eckersley

MWHIBBIES
26-10-2017, 09:15 PM
It was Eckersley

It was Fraser Mullen. Eckersley never played a match for us, signed as cover for a few months.

hibees 7062
26-10-2017, 09:19 PM

Raith Rovers (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raith_Rovers_F.C.):greengrin

Smartie
26-10-2017, 09:30 PM
Eckersley got the opportunity to train with Lewis Stevenson every day for 6 months and get in for free to watch him play every week.

By managing this he clearly achieved more than the rest of Gary Locke's golden shower put together.

oldbutdim
26-10-2017, 09:37 PM
I like this post......

That is absolutely brilliant!

I reckon he will be aged about early 30's, refers to his team quite without irony as 'the famous' and probably has a 'Champions League ISA' where he is keeping a weekly savings for the inevitable slaughtering of less famous European sides. Possibly obsessed with 'size' and wonders why his sister isn't that impressed with his *****.

Deansy
26-10-2017, 09:40 PM
Auld TOTTY of Scotsman/EEN fame, labelled them "The best crop of youngsters in Scotland, if not the UK". :faf:

My favourite yam slaverer :lolyam:

They've always been the same ever since I started going to the games in the 70's. I remember they had a new 'flying-winger' called Bobby Prentice, and not long after his debut, Jambos were saying he was 'Gonna rip Brownlie a new one' in his first-ever derby (certain it was midweek at the PBS) ) of course, Brownlie pretty much ended Prentice's career that first game by making sure Prentice never got past him once and time after time just simply taking the ball off him !

They never learn !

Firestarter
26-10-2017, 09:52 PM

Aye Eckersley, weird signing that one.

Firestarter
26-10-2017, 09:54 PM
Raith Rovers (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raith_Rovers_F.C.):greengrin

Shame, I like Raith, couldn't stand that prick mchattie giving it big licks to the west a good few games he couldn't take it in the 2-1 match and tried to get sent off a good few times.

tamig
26-10-2017, 11:46 PM

What an erse. He clearly forgets their wild celebrations after Ozturk’s strike to earn them a DRAW at ER. Tubes.

Fife-Hibee
27-10-2017, 03:10 AM
What an erse. He clearly forgets their wild celebrations after Ozturk’s strike to earn them a DRAW at ER. Tubes.

Yeah' celebrated like they'd won WW1 single handedly that day A...holes!!

Dashing Bob S
27-10-2017, 04:37 AM
Yeah' celebrated like they'd won WW1 single handedly that day A...holes!!

They did win World War One singlehandedly.

Just not on that day.

green day
27-10-2017, 06:19 AM
They have a thread stating that their crest is the best in "world football".

We were all pleased when the crests went up on the West - they look good.

But a three pager on how they are the best in the world would not happen here.

Thats what separates us - we have a grip on reality while these people are windae lickers 😂😂

Iain G
27-10-2017, 07:33 AM
To be fair they can only do what is known as a horseshoe of honour, only having the 3 stands, or they could call it doing a Falkirk as they are similarly challenged.

I think it will be a long, long time before they complete anything worthy of a real lap of honour.

Can we call it a U-bend of Honour maybe? Though have to remember they aren't all that flush with money at the moment :greengrin

Bostonhibby
27-10-2017, 07:34 AM
Can we call it a U-bend of Honour maybe? Though have to remember they aren't all that flush with money at the moment :greengrin☺we have a winner.

Kato
27-10-2017, 07:37 AM

Thats what separates us - we have a grip on reality while these people are windae lickers 😂😂

Oi! Glass Curtain Wall lickers, if you don't mind.

lyonhibs
27-10-2017, 08:07 AM
It was Mullen I was thinking of upon reflection. Now currently plying his trade at Cowdenbeath seemingly, which is just about his level.

Firestarter
27-10-2017, 08:12 AM
It was Mullen I was thinking of upon reflection. Now currently plying his trade at Cowdenbeath seemingly, which is just about his level.

Didn't he break his ankle against us, got released by them and then we signed him (Fenlon)? All a bit strange where we seemed to bring in loads and loads of players.

JimBHibees
27-10-2017, 08:17 AM
Didn't he break his ankle against us, got released by them and then we signed him (Fenlon)? All a bit strange where we seemed to bring in loads and loads of players.

Who then played him in a derby and he was subbed at half time.

Firestarter
27-10-2017, 08:25 AM
Who then played him in a derby and he was subbed at half time.

Right after Malmo? Aye, genius :greengrin

Firestarter
27-10-2017, 08:31 AM
Can I also remind any hearts fans that are rolling out the injury and suspensions line that we where without Stokes, Swanson, Fontaine and McGregor too. It just so happens that we have a better squad than them.

DarlingtonHibee
27-10-2017, 11:58 AM
Oi! Glass Curtain Wall lickers, if you don't mind.

Think if I was the windae cleaner be looking for cash up front!

1van Sprou7e
27-10-2017, 12:40 PM
They did win World War One singlehandedly.

Just not on that day.

:top marks

Tynie01011973
27-10-2017, 12:49 PM

So good they can't even replicate it with their new mosaic
😂

NAE NOOKIE
27-10-2017, 03:16 PM

To be fair to Hertz their badge is about the only thing about the club that genuinely is worthy of note, its one of the better crests out there ... though whether its the best in the world is open to question, I haven't seen them all :greengrin

Of course in typical Yam fashion they have farted about with the design over the years and managed at times to ruin it.

As for ours, its pretty damned good as well .... a nice design and perfectly represents the club. It looks a hell of a lot better on black strips and training gear than the Yams one does as well ..... Maroon is an awful colour, so much so they are using red on the sides of their stand because the designer thought all maroon would be too dull and boring :greengrin

--------
27-10-2017, 04:22 PM
To be fair to Hertz their badge is about the only thing about the club that genuinely is worthy of note, its one of the better crests out there ... though whether its the best in the world is open to question, I haven't seen them all :greengrin

Of course in typical Yam fashion they have farted about with the design over the years and managed at times to ruin it.

As for ours, its pretty damned good as well .... a nice design and perfectly represents the club. It looks a hell of a lot better on black strips and training gear than the Yams one does as well ..... Maroon is an awful colour, so much so they are using red on the sides of their stand because the designer thought all maroon would be too dull and boring :greengrin

Aye, but it's the replica of an arrangement of setts marking the place where the city gallows used to stand. The place where all the thieves and rapists, murderers and scoundrels in Midlothian ended up.

So I suppose as the symbol of the present-day 'football' club it's quite appropriate and means much the same as the original device ... :devil:

-Jonesy-
28-10-2017, 01:24 PM
"It's gone horribly wrong since we were sitting second around this time last year. In 12 months we've imploded. A pish poor choice of manager who was given free reign to assemble of of the worst squads I've seen.
Now we're rudderless, potless and ******g hopeless.
It's going to be a very long season."

Joe6-2
28-10-2017, 01:45 PM
"It's gone horribly wrong since we were sitting second around this time last year. In 12 months we've imploded. A pish poor choice of manager who was given free reign to assemble of of the worst squads I've seen.

So pleasing

theonlywayisup
28-10-2017, 01:54 PM

I actually don't believe that it was Cathro who was responsible for signing the players they signed. I can't believe that he inherited a squad that was second in the league and then decided to rip it apart and sign 12 (+/- a few) players from all round Europe. No-one new to a job is that daft surely.

I fully believe that it was the Hertz recruiting team had identified these players as ones that would enhance their team and then sell them on and rake in the money. It's all gone horribly (for the Jambos anyway) wrong. They're left with the recruiting team who did the recruitment and the players who are numpty.

Pleasing!!

Jack Hackett
28-10-2017, 01:57 PM
I actually don't believe that it was Cathro who was responsible for signing the players they signed. I can't believe that he inherited a squad that was second in the league and then decided to rip it apart and sign 12 (+/- a few) players from all round Europe. No-one new to a job is that daft surely.

I fully believe that it was the Hertz recruiting team had identified these players as ones that would enhance their team and then sell them on and rake in the money. It's all gone horribly (for the Jambos anyway) wrong. They're left with the recruiting team who did the recruitment and the players who are numpty.

Pleasing!!

But, but, they'll be having a clear out in January (as per) and everything will be great again.

Kato
28-10-2017, 02:35 PM
Aye, but it's the replica of an arrangement of setts marking the place where the city gallows used to stand. The place where all the thieves and rapists, murderers and scoundrels in Midlothian ended up.

So I suppose as the symbol of the present-day 'football' club it's quite appropriate and means much the same as the original device ... :devil:

The setts mark where the doorway to the Old Tolbooth stood, "the most heinous prison in the United Kingdom".

Aptly, The Old Tolbooth began life as a debtor's prison before expanding to house any old criminal. Notorious as the most hated building in Edinburgh.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/the-heart-of-midlothian

The spot where the gallows stood is just a few yards to the west of the setts and is marked with brass plates.

Jack Hackett
28-10-2017, 02:41 PM
The setts mark where the doorway to the Old Tolbooth stood, "the most heinous prison in the United Kingdom".

Aptly, The Old Tolbooth began life as a debtor's prison before expanding to house any old criminal. Notorious as the most hated building in Edinburgh.

The spot where the gallows stood is just a few yards to the west of the setts and is marked with brass plates.

The spot where hertz play is just a couple of miles to the west and is marked with brass necks :greengrin

Kato
28-10-2017, 02:52 PM
The spot where hertz play is just a couple of miles to the west and is marked with brass necks...... :greengrin

:greengrin

GlesgaeHibby
28-10-2017, 04:14 PM
But, but, they'll be having a clear out in January (as per) and everything will be great again.

Like last January when they were all creaming themselves about signing the Greek God Tziolis. How did that one work out for them?

Baader
28-10-2017, 04:38 PM
Like last January when they were all creaming themselves about signing the Greek God Tziolis. How did that one work out for them?

Mind hearing how he'd boss our midfield in the cup tie whilst smoking a cigar... :faf:

Then after the draw at Tiny it was going to suit them better playing at ER. 3-1 it finished. They don't half talk some utter nonsense.

Northernhibee
28-10-2017, 05:18 PM
They're so like us under Calderwood it's crazy. Mercenary players, awful, eye bleeding hoofball, lower mid table finish almost guaranteed.

Souter96Mac
28-10-2017, 05:24 PM
Mind hearing how he'd boss our midfield in the cup tie whilst smoking a cigar... :faf:

Then after the draw at Tiny it was going to suit them better playing at ER. 3-1 it finished. They don't half talk some utter nonsense.

After a quick search he's still bossing it with a team who are third bottom in the Saudi Arabian league

--------
28-10-2017, 05:25 PM

Thanks, Kato. I thought the gallows stood where the setts are.

Debtor's prison? Even more appropriate as a symbol of the Greatest Football Club in the Known Universe. :greengrin

Kato
28-10-2017, 05:37 PM
Thanks, Kato. I thought the gallows stood where the setts are.

Debtor's prison? Even more appropriate as a symbol of the Greatest Football Club in the Known Universe. :greengrin

I don't know what possessed them to pick a name associated with so much hate and misery. Maybe their founders weren't the best read. "Redgauntlet" would have suited them, or there's this recently published effort if they ever thought about renamng themselves.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bizarro_(novel)

greenginger
28-10-2017, 05:45 PM
I don't know what possessed them to pick a name associated with so much hate and misery. Maybe their founders weren't the best read. "Redgauntlet" would have suited them, or there's this recently published effort if they ever thought about renamng themselves.

Now the Red Gauntlet or the Gaunny , that was a dive and a half.

https://www.change.org/p/broomhouse-local-residents-to-stop-the-local-pub-the-redgauntlet-from-being-closed-down-and-converted-into-another-unwanted-convenience-store-2

Perfect fit for that shower. :greengrin

Arch Stanton
28-10-2017, 06:01 PM

Yea but having "Hearts" in their name gives out a warm fuzy feeling - even though "Centre of Midlothian" would be an equally accurate description of the old gaol. Just imagine it, C E N, T R E - if you cannae spell it then here's what it says - "centre, centre, glorious centre"

CentreLine
28-10-2017, 06:19 PM
You have to think a heart is just a pump. Not got quite the same ring to it
“Pumps pumps glorous pumps”

Bostonhibby
28-10-2017, 06:51 PM
Yea but having "Hearts" in their name gives out a warm fuzy feeling - even though "Centre of Midlothian" would be an equally accurate description of the old gaol. Just imagine it, C E N, T R E - if you cannae spell it then here's what it says - "centre, centre, glorious centre"Ringpeice of Midlothian would fair trip off their tongues as well?

Jack Hackett
28-10-2017, 07:11 PM
Feel the love :greengrin

Guffers

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/set_resources_3/84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c_default_photo.png
Registered Users C
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/team_member.gif
110 posts

Posted 1 hour ago (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/173078-our-fans-are-pretty-*****/&do=findComment&comment=6322025)

2 hours ago, fabienleclerq (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/?app=core&module=members&controller=profile&id=10440) said:

Whos blaming the fans for the team being ***** you pleb?

You ya bell end. we are the least of the problems at hearts at the moment, have a f'g word with yourself. Absolute d!ck

Joe6-2
28-10-2017, 07:33 PM
The spot where hertz play is just a couple of miles to the west and is marked with brass necks :greengrin

Ha ha, and lots and lots of windaes, sorry, glass curtain!

thebakerboy
28-10-2017, 08:26 PM
It is interesting to see someone on there saying what they need is 2/3 decent signings instead of six or more jersey fillers. Now they know what it was like for us back around the time of that final and relegation and how we have recovered and moved on but they are even further back than that with their new stand so back even to the nineties. Wonder if it will take them 20 years and further relegation to recover? I really hope so and look for it for a long time.

Pedantic_Hibee
28-10-2017, 08:42 PM

And it was that manager's loss to Hibs in the cup that cemented the foundations of his departure. Pleasing.

Hibernia&Alba
28-10-2017, 11:50 PM
Feel the love :greengrin

Guffers

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/set_resources_3/84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c_default_photo.png
Registered Users C
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/team_member.gif
110 posts

Posted 1 hour ago (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/173078-our-fans-are-pretty-*****/&do=findComment&comment=6322025)

2 hours ago, fabienleclerq (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/?app=core&module=members&controller=profile&id=10440) said:

Whos blaming the fans for the team being ***** you pleb?

You ya bell end. we are the least of the problems at hearts at the moment, have a f'g word with yourself. Absolute d!ck

They're turning on each other as a result of the seethe. They know they're a terrible side. :aok:

Is It On....
29-10-2017, 12:15 AM

Pleasing!!

They wanted the Caveman out (largely due to some 2-2 at Tynie and defeat in the replay) and got their wish. The rest is history 😂😂

truehibernian
29-10-2017, 12:45 AM
They wanted the Caveman out (largely due to some 2-2 at Tynie and defeat in the replay) and got their wish. The rest is history 😂😂

The result that is Hearts' nadir and one which marked Hibernian's pre-eminence :aok:

The significance of that fightback, Paul Hanlon's equaliser, and ultimate cup victory cannot be underestimated and it's one which will forever stick in the craw of Hearts supporters :agree: and a result which really started our resurgence and really triggered our dominance of the derby this decade in my opinion. The weight off the clubs shoulders as a result of the cup win is tangible and they have absolutely nothing to 'beat us down' with - even the comfort blanket of their cup win is dividing them to the extent many of them think it's a curse.

I had to laugh at the Record's story last week about their so called 'Golden Generation' that is 'about to happen' - having spoken to a couple of folk close to their club it's in an absolute mess and that includes their youth set up. And they are absolutely skint. I've a feeling Budge will be at the helm a lot longer than she or the FOH envisaged. Wonder how long Walker will spin his hammy injury out for too :cb maybe as long as Cowie has spun his :cb

29-10-2017, 07:12 PM
They. Are. FIZZIN!

Kickback (as ever!) is a joy to behold! Bitterness, delusion, foaming at the mouth.

The clutching at straws is just wonderful viewing. The post-cheating era appears to be a very bitter pill to swallow. They've had their fun during the Vlad years where they were spending millions (of other peoples money) on teams they could nowhere near afford but now thats over and the reality has hit them, the "we are the big team" fantasy is starting to crumble.

29-10-2017, 07:20 PM

Thing is, as i've said before on these forums, the caveman was no different to every other hearts manager, his reputation lived and died simply with how he did against hibs.

He got them promoted first time of asking then in the first season back finished them 3rd. Now thats pretty good by anyones standards HOWEVER because he failed against hibs he was hounded by a lot of the hearts support.

NEVER let any hearts fan spin you the "hibs are insignificant to us, just a wee team" line. We are EVERYTHING to them. Before we were relegated they rolled over us and we never really challenged them too much yet still we were always a constant thorn in their side. Every single thing they ever do has to involve getting a 1 over on us or getting a dig in at us. 21.05.16 has caused them more damage than 5-1 ever caused us and it didn't even involve them (well at least the final never).

H18 SFR
29-10-2017, 09:48 PM
Jesus Christ they're mental on the site, just read a guy absolutely slaughter the team, management and the board, bottom six side he claims before pointing out they have 7 games at home of which 6 are at Tynecastle and all winnable. The icing on the deluded cake is that he thinks they can beat Celtic. Absolute roasters.

mjhibby
30-10-2017, 03:23 AM

Pleasing!!

Most of the players were signed by an agency run by John colquhoun and which also involves the box soccer scheme run by Darren Murray who is now at the pbs and Cathro was involved too. Potter thought he could use them which basically coaches kids then let them sign the players hence the totally dysfunctional team. Only at the pbs. Of course budge can see no wrong in Potter. keep up the good work craig.

Waxy
30-10-2017, 05:52 AM
My question for today is where exactly IS the heart of Midlothian and which club is closer to it?

greenginger
30-10-2017, 07:36 AM
My question for today is where exactly IS the heart of Midlothian and which club is closer to it?

There is a heart shape laid into the cobbles in the High Street next to St Giles which is meant to mark the site of the town prison , known as the Heart of Midlothian.

It is good bit closer to Easter Road Stadium than Tiny Park.

Maybe they should rename themselves .....Just off Centre of Midlothian :greengrin

Mick O'Rourke
30-10-2017, 08:07 AM
There is a heart shape laid into the cobbles in the High Street next to St Giles which is meant to mark the site of the town prison , known as the Heart of Midlothian.

It is good bit closer to Easter Road Stadium than Tiny Park.

Maybe they should rename themselves .....Just off Centre of Midlothian :greengrin

Hearts were founded in the High Street.
Like us, they played their first games at "The Meedies"
So yes,they were "born" nearer the stone.

A famous book written by Sir Walter Scott is titled "The Heart of Midlothian"
Its a novel.

Hearts FC themselves are a novelty at the moment !.:greengrin

Monktonhall 7
30-10-2017, 11:23 AM
Most of the players were signed by an agency run by John colquhoun and which also involves the box soccer scheme run by Darren Murray who is now at the pbs and Cathro was involved too. Potter thought he could use them which basically coaches kids then let them sign the players hence the totally dysfunctional team. Only at the pbs. Of course budge can see no wrong in Potter. keep up the good work craig.

Was in the Dome yesterday afternoon and Potter and Colquoun were there with their partners. No doubt another bus load of triallists arriving in January.

mjhibby
31-10-2017, 12:01 AM
Was in the Dome yesterday afternoon and Potter and Colquoun were there with their partners. No doubt another bus load of triallists arriving in January.

There is a lot of disquiet bubbling under at the pbs regarding recruitment. They have three left backs who are all gash and as Michael stewart points out, no wide players. Potter will I've no doubt make them hard to beat but they will be midtable unless they get better players which won't happen through colquhoun.

Is It On....
31-10-2017, 12:07 AM
Hearts were founded in the High Street.
Like us, they played their first games at "The Meedies"
So yes,they were "born" nearer the stone.

A famous book written by Sir Walter Scott is titled "The Heart of Midlothian"
Its a novel.

Hearts FC themselves are a novelty at the moment !.:greengrin

Or Edinburgh very own version of a Farce 😂😂

Deansy
31-10-2017, 12:48 AM
Jesus Christ they're mental on the site, just read a guy absolutely slaughter the team, management and the board, bottom six side he claims before pointing out they have 7 games at home of which 6 are at Tynecastle and all winnable. The icing on the deluded cake is that he thinks they can beat Celtic. Absolute roasters.

Schizophrenia - Jambo is thine name !

IGRIGI
31-10-2017, 08:15 PM
Our current 2 nil advantage over Killie is already breaking more Hearts,

""Think Hibs may finish a fair few points ahead of us this season.

Depressing""

Booked4Being-Ugly
31-10-2017, 08:48 PM
Aye but they wouldnae take any Hibs players cause they're aw ****, they'd maybe take McGinn but that's about it cause Hearts players are so much better etc!

therealgavmac
31-10-2017, 09:01 PM
Just read a post of one of them saying it was small consolation Nottingham Forest lost tonight....

"Disappointing for Cumdog....... Small consolation"

Absolute tossers the lot of them

Hibernia&Alba
31-10-2017, 10:17 PM
Their blood pressure will be off the chart tonight.

Deansy
31-10-2017, 10:27 PM
However, the stalwarts remain -

It is irrelevant.

The seasons not over tho, so you can climb down from the walls.

We'll be above them by the time we play them again.

Some just refuse to throw away their Other People's Money' comfort-blanket - it's memories keep them warm in the cold, cold nights of 'Reality' !

MrSmith
01-11-2017, 06:54 AM

It is irrelevant.

Some just refuse to throw away their Other People's Money' comfort-blanket - it's memories keep them warm in the cold, cold nights of 'Reality' !

Need to keep this as a point of reference for the next time we play them :aok::cb

Hibee87
01-11-2017, 07:33 AM

It is irrelevant.

Does he think we will juat stop winning when they finally get to tyncastle? Or maybe they expect double points for any win there in their 'credit to scottish football' stadium? And of course its only fair we all go back to 0 points when they have finished it.......all irrelevant of course as even the above scenarios they would still be below us

Iain G
01-11-2017, 07:48 AM

I guess standards at the Dome have dropped over the years? Was Colquhoun is his token 1980's leather jacket?

Jim44
01-11-2017, 08:02 AM
To be fair, for every deluded rant by the muppets on KB, last night there were more resigned punters telling them to ‘smell the coffee’. I think a lot of them are seeing the light of day for the first time and realising the state they are in. Getting above us in the League is still their Holy Grail, ‘tho.

Bostonhibby
01-11-2017, 08:06 AM
Does he think we will juat stop winning when they finally get to tyncastle? Or maybe they expect double points for any win there in their 'credit to scottish football' stadium? And of course its only fair we all go back to 0 points when they have finished it.......all irrelevant of course as even the above scenarios they would still be below us

:agree: They must be expecting to win all of their games against us at the gorgie Maracana, that's gone well recently.

Onion
01-11-2017, 08:51 AM
To be fair, for every deluded rant by the muppets on KB, last night there were more resigned punters telling them to ‘smell the coffee’. I think a lot of them are seeing the light of day for the first time and realising the state they are in. Getting above us in the League is still their Holy Grail, ‘tho.

Won't happen. Tthis Hibs squad is mentally tough, full of winners and led by a proper manager. Hearts have gone backwards since promotion and have a much poorer squad, led by a footballing dinosaur.

--------
01-11-2017, 09:13 AM

Choosing the title of a novel by Scott was quite appropriate - in his later years Scott had a series of contracts in which he was paid by the page - which accounts for the fact that most of his books are about as exciting as cold porridge, and suggests that the bottom line of the account book was all that interested him ....

They could, of course, have named their club after the estate Scott bought in the Borders - it might be known as 'Abbotsford' now, but the original name of the place was 'Clarty Hole'.

CorrieHibs
01-11-2017, 09:17 AM

I think they assume they'll get 12 points in their next 4 fixtures. Tbh all winnable matches for them, but we have 4 winnable matches too.

Will be interesting to see how they get on in those 4 matches starting on Sunday against Killie.