PDA

View Full Version : We own this city

at last 61
24-10-2017, 09:57 PM
Who's the big team now enjoy tomorrow everyone

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

'mon the beers
24-10-2017, 10:05 PM
Can't wait for work tomorrow. Last time we beat them a jambo in work had to go home at lunch the day after as he just couldn't cope - I doubt he will even pitch up tomorrow 😂

Sammy7nil
24-10-2017, 10:06 PM
Surely the wee small miniscule team from Leith did not win again there must be some mistake :confused:

Northernhibee
25-10-2017, 06:55 AM
I don't know why and I thought I'd never say this - next time they're at ER and we beat them again to make it eleven I think we shouldn't play Sunshine on Leith afterwards. It'd wind that lot up even more thinking that it doesn't even register on the radar for Hibs to beat Hearts.

I honestly think it'd break them.

hibsbollah
25-10-2017, 07:06 AM
Eight in a row is very pleasing. But its really worse than that for them, they know fine well that they havent been competitive with us for years. If you think about all those post cup final games where we absolutely battered them for 90 mins (Ozturk 40 yarder injury time goal, Griffiths free kick 2 yards over the line for example), they were even spawnier than normal selves in that period. Even the 2-2 scottish cup first leg when we got the two late goals we were the better team. The truth is, since the 5-1 we have dominated or at least been the best team in every derby game we've played. And they know it.:aok:

When I was watching derbies in the 80s and 90s and we were on that horrible derby run, the games were usually close affairs swung by Robertsons finishing prowess, but they were evenly matched.

Roxyhibee
25-10-2017, 07:09 AM
Honestly think the biggest majority of them now know how far ahead we are of them and what a dire football team they are. And with having normal financial incomes and that £15m stand thing to pay off, they are going to be struggling to put even a half decent side on the park for the foreseeable future.

They should also realise they are riding their luck in a lot of games and that some of the clubs below them are picking up points again........

at last 61
25-10-2017, 03:14 PM
Happy days are here again

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

BegbieHSC
25-10-2017, 03:29 PM
Work has been an outstanding today.

One of my jambo colleagues legit left during our lunchbreak

:giruy2:

Viva_Palmeiras
25-10-2017, 04:42 PM
Eight in a row is very pleasing. But its really worse than that for them, they know fine well that they havent been competitive with us for years. If you think about all those post cup final games where we absolutely battered them for 90 mins (Ozturk 40 yarder injury time goal, Griffiths free kick 2 yards over the line for example), they were even spawnier than normal selves in that period. Even the 2-2 scottish cup first leg when we got the two late goals we were the better team. The truth is, since the 5-1 we have dominated or at least been the best team in every derby game we've played. And they know it.:aok:

When I was watching derbies in the 80s and 90s and we were on that horrible derby run, the games were usually close affairs swung by Robertsons finishing prowess, but they were evenly matched.

“Pyrrhic victory” I hadn’t really heard of but it suits them perfectly.

Pretty Boy
25-10-2017, 04:55 PM
One Hearts fan in my work actually said:

'If it wasn't for that boy Murray putting it through Souttars legs and scoring that was a 0-0 game'

The spirit of Cathro lives on. If it wasn't for goals it would be 0-0. No **** Sherlock.

Smartie
25-10-2017, 04:57 PM

The Romanov era was hugely frustrating to watch.

They were generally just that bit ahead of us, and we knew it.

We would go head to head for countless players, and the players would inevitable join Hearts for the bigger bucks (that's before you get into what they spent on the likes of Skacel, Bednar and the highly paid Europeans).

The players would play a bit better than ours, and they would win a few more games than we would.

I remember coming away from games pissed off, not because we'd lost a fair fight but because there wasn't really anything we could do to compete with them other than by cheating ourselves. We had to just suck up bad result after bad result.

Through sucking up those results we earned the fun that we're now having, as what they were doing wasn't sustainable, and we knew it.

TBF to them, a time will come when they win a few, and I won't begrudge them a win on a level playing field.

But they can just keep sucking up this dominance for now, as we were forced to do for a very long time.

Hibbyradge
25-10-2017, 06:01 PM
One Hearts fan in my work actually said:

'If it wasn't for that boy Murray putting it through Souttars legs and scoring that was a 0-0 game'

The spirit of Cathro lives on. If it wasn't for goals it would be 0-0. No **** Sherlock.

:faf:

I hope you ripped him for that.