PDA

View Full Version : praising players

21sMay
24-10-2017, 09:48 PM
I've seen threads on efe and hanlon. threads on Dylan,mcginn.
...al deservedly so.
but Lewis and Brandon where brilliant tonight....the amount of comments on this and Facebook I've seen that Lewis isn't a good enough left back for this level . just have a look at his involvement today. outstanding

wookie70
24-10-2017, 09:50 PM
...al deservedly so.
but Lewis and Brandon where brilliant tonight....the amount of comments on this and Facebook I've seen that Lewis isn't a good enough left back for this level . just have a look at his involvement today. outstanding

I think everyone in green played well tonight. Stevenson rarely lets us down and I think playing as a left back instead of a wing back gets the best out of him. Brandon looked very good as well but I think he could have forced the issue more when his marker got booked.

21sMay
24-10-2017, 10:01 PM
hit the nail on the head . got to agree with barker. his man would have been sent off if he kept going at him

J-C
25-10-2017, 07:41 AM
...al deservedly so.

Lewis is Mr Steady, Barker although very good going forward bottles putting his boot in and his defending is pretty poor, a part of his game he needs to improve on.

hibee_girl
25-10-2017, 08:31 AM
Lewis is Mr Steady, Barker although very good going forward bottles putting his boot in and his defending is pretty poor, a part of his game he needs to improve on.

Have to agree about Barker. I like him but he needs to improve defensively and not shy away from getting stuck in at times.

MWHIBBIES
25-10-2017, 08:40 AM
Read on here that we'd need better to get to where we want to be. I want to be top 6, owning Hearts and pushing for cup finals. We're doing all 3 with Lewis in the team.

Ozyhibby
25-10-2017, 10:30 AM
Read on here that we'd need better to get to where we want to be. I want to be top 6, owning Hearts and pushing for cup finals. We're doing all 3 with Lewis in the team.

I want top 4 and European football. To do that we will need another striker in jan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smartie
25-10-2017, 10:35 AM

What we've been needing to do is to find out a team shape that suits Lewis best, not replace him.

Playing him at left back with occasional attacking duties and with a left winger in front of him is 100% the way to get the best out of Lewis Stevenson.

He is a fantastic player, really good. He's so consistently good that it is barely worth commenting on it when he plays well because we've all come to expect it.

He was probably culpable for the goal against Aberdeen - as a defender you'll be to blame for a goal every now and again, especially when you play the number of games that Lewis has for us. Yes, he'll shell the odd cross out of play or fail to beat the first man but he'll also put a decent few deliveries in as well.

I think he's class and there is no way we could do better than Lewis Stevenson within our budget.

I also think that when he leaves he will be remembered ridiculously fondly - we'd do well to appreciate this legend whilst he's still playing for us, and playing his best football.

MWHIBBIES
25-10-2017, 10:40 AM
I want top 4 and European football. To do that we will need another striker in jan.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIndeed, especially with big Dave only making cameo appearances instead of starting and scoring. Left back is far down our list of problems though.

pacoluna
25-10-2017, 10:44 AM
What we've been needing to do is to find out a team shape that suits Lewis best, not replace him.

Playing him at left back with occasional attacking duties and with a left winger in front of him is 100% the way to get the best out of Lewis Stevenson.

He is a fantastic player, really good. He's so consistently good that it is barely worth commenting on it when he plays well because we've all come to expect it.

He was probably culpable for the goal against Aberdeen - as a defender you'll be to blame for a goal every now and again, especially when you play the number of games that Lewis has for us. Yes, he'll shell the odd cross out of play or fail to beat the first man but he'll also put a decent few deliveries in as well.

I think he's class and there is no way we could do better than Lewis Stevenson within our budget.

I also think that when he leaves he will be remembered ridiculously fondly - we'd do well to appreciate this legend whilst he's still playing for us, and playing his best football.

The team shape shouldn't be based on the fact Stevenson isn't a wing back. If Lennon decides he wants a more attack minded style of play with overlapping wing backs then Stevenson has to be replaced. If we he wants to play with defensive full backs and rely on pacey wingers then Stevenson is fine.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-10-2017, 10:49 AM
I'd like to praise "the Hearts minded" players in their team for making such a difference to the game.

Jones28
25-10-2017, 10:58 AM

There were a couple of times he shat it which was a bit dissapointing for me but thought he played well. He seems to want to always run at folk when he could use his pace to get in behind more IMO.

CMurdoch
25-10-2017, 11:06 AM
I think everyone in green played well tonight. Stevenson rarely lets us down and I think playing as a left back instead of a wing back gets the best out of him. Brandon looked very good as well but I think he could have forced the issue more when his marker got booked.

Barkers first half booked marker was moved to the left back position second half probably to avoid the risk of a second booking

Treadstone
25-10-2017, 11:11 AM
I'd like to praise "the Hearts minded" players in their team for making such a difference to the game.

Definitely think Harry Potter was going for that.

Yams shots on target last night : 2
Yams shots on target SC replay : 3

Keep on 'competing '