PDA

View Full Version : The Man In Black

cad
24-10-2017, 09:11 PM
:grr::grr: :rules::rules: :tsk tsk::tsk tsk: :clown::clown: :furious:

What a wummins thing that is , I couldn't get myself to call him the r word the official in the middle inept doesnt come close.

Cabbage East
24-10-2017, 09:14 PM

What a wummins thing that is , I couldn't get myself to call him the r word the official in the middle inept doesnt come close.

The occasion overwhelmed him. He lost it. He looked scared.

cleanyman
24-10-2017, 09:16 PM
It would have been tough for any ref. Especially with that lot

Cat Stanton
24-10-2017, 09:16 PM

Is this just a random selection of words and pictures? Or if we rearrange them do they spell out an important message?

cad
24-10-2017, 09:18 PM
The occasion overwhelmed him. He lost it. He looked scared.

Spot on it was to much for him

McD
24-10-2017, 09:21 PM
Choked on a few yellows, and gave some odd free kicks in their favour...high foot from Berra as Boyle comes in is a free kick to hearts? After giving several seconds of advantage he goes back to a free kick for them, after missing the initial foul on McGinn? How much more of a red card challenge did Cochrane have to put in before he actually got a red?

chinaman
24-10-2017, 09:21 PM
Another useless clown.couldn't care how old the ****bo was for the tackle on s.j.m it warranted a straight red

Mr Grieves
24-10-2017, 09:23 PM
That's the last two matches at home were the away team have committed twice as many fouls as us, yet the number of bookings have been pretty similar for both teams. Away teams are getting away with murder at Easter Road

DH1875
24-10-2017, 09:27 PM
Has to be the worse ref in the league.

cad
24-10-2017, 09:28 PM
Choked on a few yellows, and gave some odd free kicks in their favour...high foot from Berra as Boyle comes in is a free kick to hearts? After giving several seconds of advantage he goes back to a free kick for them, after missing the initial foul on McGinn? How much more of a red card challenge did Cochrane have to put in before he actually got a red?

The bit that capped it for me , when I knew he just didnt have it was when he booked the wrong Hearts player 2 or 3 of them went in for a tackle the guy he booked did heehaw no wonder he was laughing at him, as for the Cochrane scythe explain that at your next assessment and Berra kicking his height and Boyle`s head says everything ,its just not cricket is it .

hibsdaft
24-10-2017, 09:29 PM
forgot to bring his special vanishing spray so used Lynx instead

Diclonius
24-10-2017, 09:29 PM
I thought he did well to shut down their fouling game. They didn't get away with anything.

LancsHibs
24-10-2017, 09:31 PM
Thought the ref did well tonight😬

Johnny_Leith
24-10-2017, 09:33 PM
Bar giving Walker a couple free passes after a warning, I thought he did well.until the Cochrane incident.

That's the definition of a red card. No intent to play the ball, later than a Lothian bus and above the knee.

Obvious red card!

eastcoasthibby
24-10-2017, 09:33 PM
Hope your not serious they fouled the whole game and he let their midfield away with it and Lafferty as well..he was absolutely shocking

Kaff
24-10-2017, 09:41 PM
He was lenient with the cards but I do think he got the big calls generally right. It wasn't an easy game to ref, Hearts games never are with their thuggery and diving

Santa Cruz
24-10-2017, 09:46 PM
He wears the black for the poor and beaten down

hfc rd
24-10-2017, 09:51 PM
He was lenient with the cards but I do think he got the big calls generally right. It wasn't an easy game to ref, Hearts games never are with their thuggery and diving

I agree. I thought he had a decent game and didn’t make it all about himself.

superfurryhibby
24-10-2017, 09:52 PM
I thought the ref had a reasonable game overall. No problems with his performance from me.

Joe6-2
24-10-2017, 09:54 PM

Thuggery and diving should be very easy to deal with!

Mikeystewart
24-10-2017, 09:55 PM
He wears the black for the poor and beaten down

Living in the hopeless hungry side of town :)

Cheshire Hibee
24-10-2017, 09:58 PM
I thought he was very good in the first half but lost it in the second with some weird decisions which tended to favour the yams, maybe he felt that they had taken enough punishment

gogsy23
24-10-2017, 10:00 PM

100% bang on

emerald green
24-10-2017, 10:02 PM
Why did Walker get away with persistent fouling? Why no yellow card? He got away with murder.

KWJ
24-10-2017, 10:10 PM
Giving a foul against Boyle is one of the worst I can remember.

Green&White
24-10-2017, 10:14 PM
Made some utterly bemusing decisions. The boyle and berra high feet one and not booking walker after warning him no more then booked another heart's player for his first foul which was soft.
Had to laugh when he pulled back play when big davy was through on goal to give us a foul that wasnt even a foul.
Standard scottish ref

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

CockneyRebel
24-10-2017, 10:14 PM
Thought the ref did well tonight😬

Best we've had against a side that continually fouls, previous felons have got away with far too much. Wasn't perfect by a long way but much much better.

SouthMoroccoStu
24-10-2017, 10:36 PM
The four foul location point and no more indication incident im the first half was a total joke, set the tone for the game

Total joke

Son of Dallas - are we surprised

cabbageandribs1875
24-10-2017, 10:39 PM
no idea who the hertz thug was that assaulted sjm in front of the dugouts but that should have been a straight red

greenlex
24-10-2017, 10:49 PM
Bar giving Walker a couple free passes after a warning, I thought he did well.until the Cochrane incident.

That's the definition of a red card. No intent to play the ball, later than a Lothian bus and above the knee.

Obvious red card!
Pretty much nailed it there.

givescotlandfreedom
24-10-2017, 10:53 PM
Let them away with murder as suspected. Their challenges on Barker then McGinn at the end were disgusting and if he'd clamped down on them earlier they wouldn't have got away with them in the first please.

Hermit Crab
24-10-2017, 11:00 PM
Felt that him failing to book Walker and failing to send off Cochrane for that foul was his only failures to be honest.

givescotlandfreedom
24-10-2017, 11:16 PM
Felt that him failing to book Walker and failing to send off Cochrane for that foul was his only failures to be honest.

Lafferty's elbow to Ambrose's face was a straight red if he saw it.

Hermit Crab
25-10-2017, 12:49 AM
Lafferty's elbow to Ambrose's face was a straight red if he saw it.

I've only just seen the clip of it, I didn't notice it happening, I'm sure there will be a retrospective 2 game ban heading BetFreds, sorry I mean Laffertys way.

hibby6270
25-10-2017, 12:59 AM
In a weird way, it’s a pity he only booked Cochran’s for the foul on SJM. Means he can’t get a retrospective CO review because the ref dealt with it during the game.

As for Lafferty’s elbow on Efe? That has to be reviewed. Offer of a 2 match ban Kyle? You betcha (pun intended!)

Kaff
25-10-2017, 01:09 AM
BBC on line highlights show Lafferty 'slapping/backhanding' Hanlon after glancing and checking positions, PH made nothing of it other than making it obvious what had happened but guess what? No footage of the Efe incident but very similar when seen on the Celtic fans twitter shown somewhere on here earlier, be interested as to what BT made of it. CO should definitely be looking at both incidents

staunchhibby
25-10-2017, 05:19 AM
About time compliance officer justified his position or is he a mythical figure hiding in the corridors

Del Boy
25-10-2017, 06:04 AM
That's the last two matches at home were the away team have committed twice as many fouls as us, yet the number of bookings have been pretty similar for both teams. Away teams are getting away with murder at Easter Road

Hearts received twice as many booking as us!!!

southern hibby
25-10-2017, 06:06 AM
i felt that Hibs players should be more in the Ref's face at decisions. Make it hard for the refs to let them away with anything. Number of times Berra was in the ref's face at each decision yesterday.

This for me does 2 major things it puts pressure on ref to act or at least think about acting in your favour. Was always taught the squeaky wheel will get oiled before the quiet ones and it slows down the game to their pace which allowed them to organise before free kicks are taken.

Not that we or any team should have too but maybe we need a captain who can add this feature to our game because for me we certainly lack it.

GGTTH

theonlywayisup
25-10-2017, 06:40 AM
The no. 47 should have been booked when he lost possession to SJM and then pulled him back to prevent an attack - no attempt to play football. That's a yellow and he'd have no complaints.

There were at least two others where Hertz players pulled back a Hibs player who had got past them. Again, these should be bookings. Maybe playing at the home of Scottish rugby is confusing them.

Then there was their left backs assault on Boyle - the ref points to him as if to say "you're going to be booked as soon as the ball goes out of play". However, when it did around 3 minutes after not a word to the Hertz player.

Then the assualt on SJM - that should have been a straight red. Again, no-one would have complained. Players get sent-off for attempting the play the ball but getting the player first. That Hertz player was even hiding that he had no intention of playing the ball.

Thought the ref was far far too lenient.

Marcus_Hibs
25-10-2017, 06:44 AM
Giving a foul against Boyle is one of the worst I can remember.

That was absurd. As Chris Sutton said on the commentary "not sure how that's a free kick to hearts, maybe he headed his studs"

calumhibee1
25-10-2017, 06:53 AM
I thought generally he had a good game until it came to giving out cards where he lost the plot. Walker not getting booked was incredible, Lafferty should have been off for his elbow, Smith should have had a second yellow apparently? But he booked Goncalves instead and Cochranes challenge was as clear a red as you’ll see. On kickback they reckon he gave us everything, incredible!

essexhibee
25-10-2017, 07:07 AM
Some strange decisions tonight. Berra kicking Boyle in the head, Isma being booked when it wasn't him, Cochrane not seeing red the highlights.

Bishop Hibee
25-10-2017, 07:10 AM
The decision where Berra tried to take Boyle’s head off and the ref gave the foul the other way was utterly bizarre. Linesman only 2 yards away as well. Scottish refs are far too lenient. That’s two home games where the opposition should have had players sent off. May hack on Boyle from the back and the Cochrane one.

JimBHibees
25-10-2017, 07:11 AM
The no. 47 should have been booked when he lost possession to SJM and then pulled him back to prevent an attack - no attempt to play football. That's a yellow and he'd have no complaints.

There were at least two others where Hertz players pulled back a Hibs player who had got past them. Again, these should be bookings. Maybe playing at the home of Scottish rugby is confusing them.

Then there was their left backs assault on Boyle - the ref points to him as if to say "you're going to be booked as soon as the ball goes out of play". However, when it did around 3 minutes after not a word to the Hertz player.

Then the assualt on SJM - that should have been a straight red. Again, no-one would have complained. Players get sent-off for attempting the play the ball but getting the player first. That Hertz player was even hiding that he had no intention of playing the ball.

Thought the ref was far far too lenient.

Definitely was determined he wasnt sending a Hearts player off. 2 refs in a row at ER have allowed the opposition to get away with murder not good enough.

Aldo
25-10-2017, 07:11 AM
Thought he was shocking.

Failed to give SJM a freekick on three occasions in the centre circle when he was chopped by 3 Yams
Failed to book Walker after giving him a warning for persistent fouling who then continued to foul persistently.
Gave a foul against Boyle when he assaulted Berras studs
Bottled it and should have sent of Cochrane for a disgraceful foul on SJM.

He also failed to protect SJM and especially Dylan whose kegs must be black and blue.

lugz
25-10-2017, 07:14 AM
The ref was awful, warns Jamie walker after 2 fouls in 10 seconds (2nd of which was a booking on it's own) and says no more....walker then goes on to make at least 3 fouls after that. He must have gave away 6/7 fouls and wasn't booked.

Then the tackle at the end from the wee lad on McGinn, it's a straight red no question about it. Endangering an opponent, ball was well gone and he lashed out. Reminds me of a red card Wayne Rooney got at old Trafford for a blatant foul.

lyonhibs
25-10-2017, 07:19 AM
Apart from the Boyle incident when he got booted in the side of the head by Berra and the failure to give an obvious, OBVIOUS red card to that wee toerag Cochrane I didn't think he was too bad.

Smartie
25-10-2017, 07:25 AM
I thought he did quite well.

Walker should have been booked, the Berra/Boyle decision was ridiculous and I thought he should have booked Boyle for an obvious, deliberate foul when they were breaking.

The Cochrane one was a bad, deliberate foul but not a red card.

He gave fouls correctly but generally allowed a decent, open physical Derby to take place and didn't demand centre stage himself.

J-C
25-10-2017, 07:28 AM
It took 4 kicks at Barker in the 1st half before he showed a yellow, a blatant elbow to Hanlon in our box was missed, the LB tried to take Boyle's legs away from him but he hurdled the kick and he played advantage but after pointing to the said player, I expected him to pull him up when play stopped to give him a yellow but nothing, didn't even acknowledge it. Shocking refereeing and nothing less than we expect nowadays from this bunch in Scottish football.

Gatecrasher
25-10-2017, 07:34 AM
Missing the Laugherty elbow on Ambrose was a joke. Apart from that he could have booked a few more. Major incidents aside Hearts don't do many bookable fouls, loads of small ones to break up play and they get away with it time and time again

J-C
25-10-2017, 07:37 AM
Some strange decisions tonight. Berra kicking Boyle in the head, Isma being booked when it wasn't him, Cochrane not seeing red the highlights.

Missing the Laugherty elbow on Ambrose was a joke. Apart from that he could have booked a few more. Major incidents aside Hearts don't do many bookable fouls, loads of small ones to break up play and they get away with it time and time again

These are others I didn't put in my post, just shows how bad he really was.

calumhibee1
25-10-2017, 07:51 AM
I thought he did quite well.

Walker should have been booked, the Berra/Boyle decision was ridiculous and I thought he should have booked Boyle for an obvious, deliberate foul when they were breaking.

The Cochrane one was a bad, deliberate foul but not a red card.

He gave fouls correctly but generally allowed a decent, open physical Derby to take place and didn't demand centre stage himself.

Cochranes tackle was as clear a red as you’ll see. No real force in it but the ball was literally about 10 yards away and he’s lunged in off the ground and caught SJM just below the knee.

Marcus_Hibs
25-10-2017, 07:56 AM
Cochranes tackle was as clear a red as you’ll see. No real force in it but the ball was literally about 10 yards away and he’s lunged in off the ground and caught SJM just below the knee.

Yep, it was disgraceful. If that's not intentionally endangering an opponent, then I don't know what is

Smartie
25-10-2017, 07:56 AM

Where the ball is and where he catches McGinn don't determine whether or not it is a red card.

If he uses excessive force then it is a red, which he didn't.

A bad tackle, a definite booking but not a red card imo - and it was a tackle I'd have expected one of our players to make in similar circumstances.

It was similar to May's on Saturday, which was a bad tackle but not a red card either.

I actually thought that Aberdeen were more cynical in their approach than Hearts were. Or maybe it was just that I didn't expect it from Aberdeen?

MB62
25-10-2017, 08:03 AM
I can't believe some think the ref had a good game, for me it was not incompetent, it was downright cheating.

Tells Walker NO MORE (arm action for the cameras to see) then 5 minutes later, let's him away with ONE MORE :grr:

Berra kicks Boyle in the head, ref gives foul to Yams :grr:

Books Gonçalves for a foul on Dylan, when in fact it was Smith who made the foul. Book the right player and it's a 2nd yellow for Smith and he is OFF :grr:

Books McGeouch for his ONLY foul of the game :grr:

A horrendous tackle by Cochrane on SJM was a straight RED card that every blind man and their blind dogs could see, but Dallas thinks it only merits a yellow :grr:

5 minutes after playing advantage for them, then pulling play back when no advantage was obvious, he immediately stops play and gives us a free kick when big Davy was through on goal, NO ADVANATGE :grr:

Missed Laugherty's elbow on Efe :grr:

He had a good game !!!!!!!!!!

My RSE he did. Gave a lot of fouls but got all the major decisions wrong. Surprised he never chopped off our goal because Murray's got ginger hair.

LaMotta
25-10-2017, 08:22 AM
Where the ball is and where he catches McGinn don't determine whether or not it is a red card.

If he uses excessive force then it is a red, which he didn't.

A bad tackle, a definite booking but not a red card imo - and it was a tackle I'd have expected one of our players to make in similar circumstances.

It was similar to May's on Saturday, which was a bad tackle but not a red card either.

I actually thought that Aberdeen were more cynical in their approach than Hearts were. Or maybe it was just that I didn't expect it from Aberdeen?

May's and Cockring's both used excessive force imo so could come under serious foul play. Particularly May's - studs high and dangerous.

In addition, given that neither had any chance of getting the ball as both times the ball was miles away, Violent Conduct for kicking an opponent could come into play. ( i got sent off once for a similar challenge and thats what ref told me).

If im wrong, then the rules need changed!

Agree re Aberdeen btw.

Hibernia&Alba
25-10-2017, 08:35 AM
Why did Walker get away with persistent fouling? Why no yellow card? He got away with murder.

Several Hearts players got away with murder. At one point Dallas clearly told Walker he would be in the book for the next foul, pointing to several previous fouls; he then did nothing after Walker committed another foul a minute later. Bizarre.

Hibernia&Alba
25-10-2017, 08:40 AM
I can't believe some think the ref had a good game, for me it was not incompetent, it was downright cheating.

Tells Walker NO MORE (arm action for the cameras to see) then 5 minutes later, let's him away with ONE MORE :grr:

Berra kicks Boyle in the head, ref gives foul to Yams :grr:

Books Gonçalves for a foul on Dylan, when in fact it was Smith who made the foul. Book the right player and it's a 2nd yellow for Smith and he is OFF :grr:

Books McGeouch for his ONLY foul of the game :grr:

A horrendous tackle by Cochrane on SJM was a straight RED card that every blind man and their blind dogs could see, but Dallas thinks it only merits a yellow :grr:

5 minutes after playing advantage for them, then pulling play back when no advantage was obvious, he immediately stops play and gives us a free kick when big Davy was through on goal, NO ADVANATGE :grr:

Missed Laugherty's elbow on Efe :grr:

He had a good game !!!!!!!!!!

My RSE he did. Gave a lot of fouls but got all the major decisions wrong. Surprised he never chopped off our goal because Murray's got ginger hair.

A very accurate summary of his performance :top marks

bob12345
25-10-2017, 08:43 AM
He got a lot wrong, but at least kept the game under control. Bartley was also very lucky not to be booked in the incident following the elbow on Efe.

-Jonesy-
25-10-2017, 08:48 AM
Imagine being Hugh Dallas' son and growing up wanting to be a ref in Scotland...total moron.

Aldo
25-10-2017, 08:48 AM
He got a lot wrong, but at least kept the game under control. Bartley was also very lucky not to be booked in the incident following the elbow on Efe.

I don't think he did control the game and lost it at point throughout.

Time and time again foul after foul he chose to ignore persistent fouling and his decision not to send of Cochrane should see him demoted for a few weeks IMHO.

Poor show

BSEJVT
25-10-2017, 08:51 AM
IMO he let them away with murder but that's par for the course over the last 40 years.

Some truly baffling decisions, he allows us to play advantage and the move breaks down and doesn't give us a free kick.

A few minutes later the same happens to them and they get the free kick.

the one thing I did not about him as well was how angry / demonstrative he appeared to be lecturing folk following incidents.

Cochrane is a wee scrote who should have been booked for his first tackle let alone his last.

Geo_1875
25-10-2017, 10:33 AM

But if he books Lafferty for elbowing Efe the following incident probably doesn't happen so Bartley wouldn't have been in a position to be booked.

Poor game management all round.

Surprised nobody mentioned the early late tackle on Barker which was studs straight into the ankle. A booking (at least) every day of the week.

CockneyRebel
25-10-2017, 04:30 PM
Thought he was shocking.

Failed to give SJM a freekick on three occasions in the centre circle when he was chopped by 3 Yams
Failed to book Walker after giving him a warning for persistent fouling who then continued to foul persistently.
Gave a foul against Boyle when he assaulted Berras studs
Bottled it and should have sent of Cochrane for a disgraceful foul on SJM.

He also failed to protect SJM and especially Dylan whose kegs must be black and blue.

Could this have been deemed "dangerous play" by Boiler as in putting his head where he shouldn't? I don't feel that he did but the ref may have.

Aldo
25-10-2017, 04:33 PM
Could this have been deemed "dangerous play" by Boiler as in putting his head where he shouldn't? I don't feel that he did but the ref may have.

The ball was over head height so why would it be deemed dangerous. Berra raised his foot to head height which was dangerous in my book.

Red didn’t have a clue tbh. Woeful performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CockneyRebel
25-10-2017, 04:36 PM
[QUOTE=Aldo;5202355]The ball was over head height so why would it be deemed dangerous. Berra raised his foot to head height which was dangerous in my book.

Did the foot go up before the head went for the ball? That's what the decision is usually based on. I don't recall the incident so just playing devil's advocate here.

Aldo
25-10-2017, 04:37 PM
[QUOTE=Aldo;5202355]The ball was over head height so why would it be deemed dangerous. Berra raised his foot to head height which was dangerous in my book.

Did the foot go up before the head went for the ball? That's what the decision is usually based on. I don't recall the incident so just playing devil's advocate here.

The ball was there to be won and Boyle tried to header it but Berra overhead kicked it away.

One of many pish decisions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenlex
25-10-2017, 05:11 PM
deemed "dangerous play" by Boiler as in putting his head where he shouldn't? . outrageous having his head on his shoulders 😁

Smartie
25-10-2017, 05:23 PM
I've defended the referee's general handling of the game (which I really didn't think was anything like as bad as most on here seem to think it was) but the Boyle/ Berra decision was a terrible, terrible decision.

I know that when a player puts his head down it can be dangerous play, but I have no idea what the referee expected Boyle to do. It was dangerous play, by Berra.

Kato
25-10-2017, 05:29 PM

Boyle doesn't lower his head. He, and Berra are both jumping at the time and Berra is guilty of dangerous play.

Jack Hackett
25-10-2017, 05:44 PM

Boyle doesn't lower his head. He, and Berra are both jumping at the time and Berra is guilty of dangerous play.

Boyle is actually well off the ground and Berra still manages to kick him in the head.

Skol
25-10-2017, 06:27 PM
His head was at head height. As was Berra's foot. How Boyle can be punished for that lord only knows