PDA

View Full Version : Linesman allegedly apologises to Rodgers

BILLYHIBS
24-10-2017, 02:45 PM
The linesman has allegedly apologised to Brendon Rodgers for mistakenly awarding a penalty to Hibernian at the start of the second half on Saturday giving HIBS an unfair advantage and allowing them back into the game.

Should Neil Lennon not expect an apology from the referee for allowing both the third and fourth goals to stand even although they were both blatantly offside.

Do three wrongs make a right?

Onion
24-10-2017, 02:57 PM
Beginning to find these post match "apologies" by match officials to Celtic and Rangers for decisions that go against them obnoxious and sinister.

Decisions are given against teams (rightly or wrongly) across the leagues by officials week in week out, yet the OF appear to be the only teams that regularly have officials clambering aver themselves to say sorry. Whether it's fear, pressure or just trying to appease them, these refs and linos should be told by the SFA/SPFL to shut the **** up. If they're going to comment about key incidents then they should be forced to do so after every game, under interview, and not given the opportunity to pick and choose their moments. Their apologies just bring the game into disrepute.

Smartie
24-10-2017, 03:02 PM
I can't imagine Neil Lennon being very happy about this.

It'll be interesting to hear what he has to say.

More than likely he'll make a point of demanding a personal apology the next time we get a similarly bad decision against us (hopefully not tonight).

DarlingtonHibee
24-10-2017, 03:07 PM
The linesman has allegedly apologised to Brendon Rodgers for mistakenly awarding a penalty to Hibernian at the start of the second half on Saturday giving HIBS an unfair advantage and allowing them back into the game.

Should Neil Lennon not expect an apology from the referee for allowing both the third and fourth goals to stand even although they were both blatantly offside.

Do three wrongs make a right?

Ffs, why don't they just wear celtic tops and be done with it.

Callum_62
24-10-2017, 03:09 PM
Beginning to find these post match "apologies" by match officials to Celtic and Rangers for decisions that go against them obnoxious and sinister.

Decisions are given against teams (rightly or wrongly) across the leagues by officials week in week out, yet the OF appear to be the only teams that regularly have officials clambering aver themselves to say sorry. Whether it's fear, pressure or just trying to appease them, these refs and linos should be told by the SFA/SPFL to shut the **** up. If they're going to comment about key incidents then they should be forced to do so after every game, under interview, and not given the opportunity to pick and choose their moments. Their apologies just bring the game into disrepute.

how was the 3rd offside?

R'Albin
24-10-2017, 03:09 PM
Whereabouts did you read this?

DarlingtonHibee
24-10-2017, 03:12 PM
Whereabouts did you read this?

Been all over the press.

Hibee87
24-10-2017, 03:13 PM
It wasnt a pen.

None of their goals were offside.

We got apologies from ref for sending Bartley off last season IIRC and I am not aware of any pens being awarded against us this season that were not (I could be wrong) where an apology would have been required.

I see no issue with them acknowledging their mistakes to the team who had the decision go against them, as long as it happens across the board and all teams and apologised to.

WeveGotMcginn
24-10-2017, 03:15 PM
Tbh I still think it was a pen, https://youtu.be/vIZonQkSjVY 7.17 here Boyle touches the ball away then boytata takes him out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenLake
24-10-2017, 03:17 PM
If referees had to issue apologies for every bad decision against Hibs they would need a full page in the Scotsman every week.

R'Albin
24-10-2017, 03:18 PM
Been all over the press.

Apologies, should have googled. I read this as if it were an ITK post.

I think Sutton and Craigan have caused a lot of the issues over this. I don't think it was a pen but it was a tough decision to make and their reaction was pathetic.

DarlingtonHibee
24-10-2017, 03:24 PM
No worries mate

Gmack7
24-10-2017, 03:33 PM
he probably just apologised for giving it.not mistakenly just that he gave it,I'm sure he also apologised for not flagging Oli offside

ancient hibee
24-10-2017, 05:14 PM
Rogers setting out the guidelines for the final.Could be fun with them playing each other three times in a week.Only Scottish football?

Viva_Palmeiras
24-10-2017, 05:34 PM
Were they not supposed to be allowed to make statements after the game but always elect not to?

Fed up up with the whole thing. Many of them appear to be lawyers so should be able to explain themselves.

Could be a wee earner - Tales of the Unexpected...

DarlingtonHibee
24-10-2017, 05:37 PM
Pedro one match ban according to sky

Hibernia&Alba
24-10-2017, 05:37 PM
This lot are getting apologies and the other lot are publicly saying referees are cheating them. We should just let the Old Firm choose their own match officials.

Eyrie
24-10-2017, 06:00 PM
This lot are getting apologies and the other lot are publicly saying referees are cheating them. We should just let the Old Firm choose their own match officials.

I think we should go further and just let them announce the match result in advance. It's the only thing that would keep them happy.