PDA

View Full Version : Buzzing for tonight!

GreenCastle
24-10-2017, 09:58 AM
Feels like it’s been a while waiting for the first Derby of the season !

We have had some tough games recently but hopefully like the last few derby games at Easter Road the Hibs crowd will be the 12th man.

Would advise everyone to arrive early as traffic and turnstiles will be busy!

Enjoy the night and let’s give the team a great vocal backing !

zitelli62
24-10-2017, 10:01 AM
Cmon my bonnie boyssssss

Hibernia&Alba
24-10-2017, 10:03 AM
I'm always a bit nervous on derby day; it's that dentist waiting room feeling. The nerves usually dissipate as I approach the stadium, but I find them hard games to enjoy: relief at getting at least a draw is my overriding emotion. The feeling after a defeat is terrible.

GreenCastle
24-10-2017, 10:04 AM
We may not be on a great run of form but one thing I know...

Lennon doesn’t like Hearts.. he will have them fired up !

Let’s do this !!

heretoday
24-10-2017, 10:06 AM
Cmon my bonnie boyssssss

Ha ha! East Terrace memories....

lord bunberry
24-10-2017, 10:18 AM
I’m absolutely hyper already.
We need to go into this game with no fear, if you strip away all the bull**** we’re a better team than them. Play to our potential and we’ll win.
Come on the hibees.

cabbageandribs1875
24-10-2017, 10:26 AM
a ST holding friend is unable to attend tonight so i'l be sitting in the posh west for the first first time, can't wait to try out those famous prawn sarnies the posh yins get, is it true ushers deliver a bovril and pie direct to yer seat ? :thumbsup:

GreenNWhiteArmy
24-10-2017, 10:45 AM
There's no fixture in the world like this to me. I was at Hampden for the England game in June and whilst I was pumped for it, it doesn't have the same feel as a club derby.

Doesn't matter who's in the best form or who's got least injuries it's such an unpredictable fixture (outwith laptop man's spell) one thing we know is Hibs will turn up, won't be intimidated or bullied and we have a core of players that know and LOVE this fixture

In the office till 5 then heading down. Currently got my HIBS playlist on Spotify blaring in my ears

Bring. It. On!

Hibernia&Alba
24-10-2017, 10:47 AM
a ST holding friend is unable to attend tonight so i'l be sitting in the posh west for the first first time, can't wait to try out those famous prawn sarnies the posh yins get, is it true ushers deliver a bovril and pie direct to yer seat ? :thumbsup:

:agree:

I hear you get a butler who irons your match programme and everything.

cabbageandribs1875
24-10-2017, 10:53 AM
:agree:

I hear you get a butler who irons your match programme and everything.

stuff a programme, i'l bring an auld pair of socks that need a good ironing :)

mjhibby
24-10-2017, 01:28 PM
I'm always a bit nervous on derby day; it's that dentist waiting room feeling. The nerves usually dissipate as I approach the stadium, but I find them hard games to enjoy: relief at getting at least a draw is my overriding emotion. The feeling after a defeat is terrible.

My thoughts too. I always think if our defence is switched on we won't lose. We keep giving ourselves a mountain to climb. Cut out the lapses in concentration and we will win more games. Our midfield is far superior to theirs,they need to do the business tonight.

Hibee87
24-10-2017, 01:37 PM
My thoughts too. I always think if our defence is switched on we won't lose. We keep giving ourselves a mountain to climb. Cut out the lapses in concentration and we will win more games. Our midfield is far superior to theirs,they need to do the business tonight.

This is my thinking as well, they lack the steel and bite in central midfield the we have and most derbies are won and lost in the midfield battle.
Our only problem is breaking down teams who 'park the bus' so to speak and thats usually the preferred method for hearts, but I can't see where their midfield dig and fight will come from for this to be as effective as it has done in years gone by. GGTTH:flag:

Mr White
24-10-2017, 01:38 PM
Can't wait. Just had a couple pints in George Best airport and got on the plane to find I've got one of the extra legroom seats at the front. Beautiful. First derby I've managed to get to since Farid dinked in the second in the 2 nil win 2 and a half years ago. Bring it on!
:flag:

Hibernia&Alba
24-10-2017, 01:51 PM
Can't wait. Just had a couple pints in George Best airport and got on the plane to find I've got one of the extra legroom seats at the front. Beautiful. First derby I've managed to get to since Farid dinked in the second in the 2 nil win 2 and a half years ago. Bring it on!
:flag:

There's something poetic about that. The great man would be proud :greengrin

sleeping giant
24-10-2017, 02:12 PM
I'm in Leeds tonight so internet radio for me .

Mon the hibees

Jones28
24-10-2017, 02:15 PM
At uni and I'm not focussing so decided to concetrate on fantasising about the Derby.

Mr White
24-10-2017, 02:27 PM
There's something poetic about that. The great man would be proud :greengrin

It's a ritual that's served me well prior to some big games over the last few years :greengrin

Aldo
24-10-2017, 03:11 PM
Got an hour and a half of Acro dancing between 6 and half seven then a dash home to watch game. Will possibly miss the first 5 or 10 minutes after the drop offs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
24-10-2017, 03:38 PM
That’s me hit the boozer. Just enjoying a pint to calm the nerves before everyone arrives. I’ve been pacing the house all day.