PDA

View Full Version : Derek McInnes for Everton?

Hibbyradge
23-10-2017, 02:17 PM
25/1 with Sky.

He turned down the Sunderland job, but this might be more to his liking.

Or will they go for a bigger name?

JeMeSouviens
23-10-2017, 02:20 PM
Don't think their fans would be too chuffed.

Hiber-nation
23-10-2017, 02:20 PM
25/1 with Sky.

I'd save your money. Can't see him being considered.

My_Wife_Camille
23-10-2017, 02:28 PM
Not a hope in hell. Would be better donating your money to charity

Hibernia&Alba
23-10-2017, 02:32 PM
Let's really put the cat amongst the pigeons: would they consider a move for ex-Liverpool manager Rodgers?

Pretty Boy
23-10-2017, 02:35 PM
Is there odds for Duncan Ferguson? He's well thought of as a coach there and they may see him as an option.

Thecat23
23-10-2017, 02:35 PM
25/1 with Sky.

No chance at all, won’t even be considered.

Craig_HFC
23-10-2017, 02:44 PM
I reckon Carlo Ancelotti could be a decent shout.

Scorrie
23-10-2017, 02:50 PM
Is there odds for Duncan Ferguson? He's well thought of as a coach there and they may see him as an option.

12/1 on Paddy Power...

greenlex
23-10-2017, 03:13 PM
It’ll be Moyes.

Hibernia&Alba
23-10-2017, 03:16 PM
It’ll be Moyes.

You think? His stock is very low at the moment.

jacomo
23-10-2017, 03:21 PM
They now have relegation concerns and will surely go for a safe pair of hands.

Ancelotti has EPL experience and they could surely afford his salary. Or they could poach from a smaller club - maybe Sean Dyche, for example?

Derek McInnes won't get a look in.

bingo70
23-10-2017, 03:32 PM
Rafa Benitez? Not sure if his Liverpool connection would rule him out but he’d be a good appointment for them IMO.

IlDiavola
23-10-2017, 04:57 PM
Moyes.

Firestarter
23-10-2017, 04:59 PM
Unsworth. Sure we tried to get him up here.

GreenNWhiteArmy
23-10-2017, 05:14 PM
Similar to the Leicester position. The only manager in Scotland with a "chance" of getting a job with a top 10 club down south is Brendan Rodgers

Hibbyradge
23-10-2017, 05:25 PM
Similar to the Leicester position. The only manager in Scotland with a "chance" of getting a job with a top 10 club down south is Brendan Rodgers

Neither of those clubs are top 10 :wink:

GreenNWhiteArmy
23-10-2017, 05:36 PM
Neither of those clubs are top 10 😉

Hence the recent vacancies 😝

Scouse Hibee
23-10-2017, 05:42 PM
Sean Dyche seems to be talked about by a lot of blues.

Sammy7nil
23-10-2017, 06:06 PM
25/1 with Sky.

I would say not a hope in hell. However I am not a punter. :greengrin

HibbyDave
24-10-2017, 06:53 AM
Stubbsy

madhatter
24-10-2017, 06:59 AM
Until they have another transfer window I think they are going to struggle regardless of manager. I have no idea why they signed 3 number 10s when they already had Barkley and also why they didn't buy a prolific goalscorer...surely Koeman wasn't making those signings...

heretoday
24-10-2017, 07:02 AM
It'll be Dyche for the no-nonsense lobby. Mancini for the romantics. Many talk of Tuchel, late of Dortmund. Unsworth will caretake for a bit but no one at Everton wants to see him become another Shakespeare (Leicester).
The likes of McInnes or Stubbsy have no chance. Likewise Big Dunc.
Although Moyes hangs about like the ghost of Christmas Past, my guess is Dyche and I hope he brings his defence with him.

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2017, 07:04 AM
Until they have another transfer window I think they are going to struggle regardless of manager. I have no idea why they signed 3 number 10s when they already had Barkley and also why they didn't buy a prolific goalscorer...surely Koeman wasn't making those signings...

Barkley all but signed for Chelsea, only to pull out at the very last minute. Koeman clearly couldn't build his team around someone who wanted away.

Barkley has not kicked a ball this season either i dont think?

Even if he had played, he's no Messi or Ronaldo, they would struggle to shine in this poorly assembled team of misfits.

heretoday
24-10-2017, 07:11 AM
Barkley all but signed for Chelsea, only to pull out at the very last minute. Koeman clearly couldn't build his team around someone who wanted away.

Barkley has not kicked a ball this season either i dont think?

Even if he had played, he's no Messi or Ronaldo, they would struggle to shine in this poorly assembled team of misfits.
The basic error Koeman made after a successful first season was to splash the Lukaku cash on several midfielders who are no better than what he had. The one with a special talent - Sigurdsson - was left with no big man to aim at. Even Peter Crouch would have done at the last minute!

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2017, 07:15 AM
The basic error Koeman made after a successful first season was to splash the Lukaku cash on several midfielders who are no better than what he had. The one with a special talent - Sigurdsson - was left with no big man to aim at. Even Peter Crouch would have done at the last minute!

Aye, the Lukaku money has been wasted on has beens and players who are just not that good. Sigurdsson is a funny one, not good enough at Spurs but Swansea's best player.

Is he good enough to play for a club who want to fight for a European place, i'm not 100% convinced he is?

JimBHibees
24-10-2017, 07:18 AM
Aye, the Lukaku money has been wasted on has beens and players who are just not that good. Sigurdsson is a funny one, not good enough at Spurs but Swansea's best player.

Is he good enough to play for a club who want to fight for a European place, i'm not 100% convinced he is?

Agree about sigurdsson think he is better suited to being the key player in a smaller team not being shuffled about and being a bit player.

heretoday
24-10-2017, 08:12 AM
Agree about sigurdsson think he is better suited to being the key player in a smaller team not being shuffled about and being a bit player.

That's the consensus but surely he'd relish the thought of having a Giroud or Benteke or whatever to pick out. He's shown,even in these dark days,that he has a sublime right foot. What he lacks is confidence and Koeman couldn't help him. Someone else might.