PDA

View Full Version : Question Could/Would This Be A Good Idea For Extra Revenue?

Hermit Crab
23-10-2017, 01:32 PM
Seen this on Hearts website (via a mates Facebook feed) for the Derby tomorrow. They are doing a beam back to Hospitality in Tynecastle.

I think it would be a good idea to get money into our club if you can't get a ticket for Tynecastle, plus you can get a drink while watching the game. Should Hibs consider this for the match on 27th December when we are away at Tynecastle for those who don't get a ticket? Easy way to get revenue in my opinion.

And before anyone comes out with the Yam pish I'm only asking if this could/would be possible to do at ER. Obviously it would need to be a ticket job to limit numbers etc.

Thoughts?

Hearts supporters have snapped up the club’s entire allocation of tickets for this weeks Ladbrokes Premiership game away to Hibs.
3,800 Jambos will cheer on Craig Levein’s side in the first league derby for three years.
For fans unable to make it to Easter Road, the club will screen the match as part of Gorgie Live. Hundreds of Jambos will pack out the Gorgie suite to watch the game on big screens. Presenter Mark Martin will host the evening and will chat with 2012 Scottish Cup winner Ian Black - who will share memories of his time at Tynecastle.
Tickets, which include the the usual half time pie and a pint (or glass of wine or soft drink) cost £12.50.

Northernhibee
23-10-2017, 01:36 PM
I'd pay £12.50 to ask Ian Black of his memories of the 4-0 Sevco game.

HH81
23-10-2017, 01:37 PM
Any idea which makes football clubs money is a winner.

I am guessing for little outlay they can make off this at over £10.00 a head. Hibs should go for it. :agree:

lyonhibs
23-10-2017, 01:38 PM
LTYF :-P

But yes, would be a good idea that I'm sure would go down well especially with a lot of Hibs fans back in Edinburgh at that time of year that aren't usually around (although I'm sure it would sell out whatever time of year it took place on)

lord bunberry
23-10-2017, 01:39 PM
I wouldn’t pay to go to the stadium, when I could watch it at home or in the pub. If it was free then I’d consider it.
I would pay for a game that wasn’t being televised.

Hermit Crab
LTYF :-P

But yes, would be a good idea that I'm sure would go down well especially with a lot of Hibs fans back in Edinburgh at that time of year that aren't usually around (although I'm sure it would sell out whatever time of year it took place on)

Reported! :greengrin

I'm_cabbaged
It’s been done before, why not?

Hermit Crab
23-10-2017, 01:41 PM
I wouldn’t pay to go to the stadium, when I could watch it at home or in the pub. If it was free then I’d consider it.
I would pay for a game that wasn’t being televised.

You'd rather put money into a pub rather than the club? Its about extra revenue for Hibs, but if thats your opinion then fair enough. :aok:

lord bunberry
23-10-2017, 01:46 PM
You'd rather put money into a pub rather than the club? Its about extra revenue for Hibs, but if thats your opinion then fair enough. :aok:

I already put enough money into the club without paying £12.50 for the privilege of drinking **** beer in a plastic glass.
I’ll be at the game anyway, so i wouldn’t be going to something like this.

Hermit Crab
23-10-2017, 01:48 PM
I already put enough money into the club without paying £12.50 for the privilege of drinking **** beer in a plastic glass.
I’ll be at the game anyway, so i wouldn’t be going to something like this.

Mate, thats fair enough, I wasn't being sarcy. :aok:

lord bunberry
23-10-2017, 01:52 PM
Mate, thats fair enough, I wasn't being sarcy. :aok:

I think it’s a great idea if they could do it for games at parkhead and ibrox. Or any other game that isn’t on tv.

Bostonhibby
23-10-2017, 02:22 PM
I think it’s a great idea if they could do it for games at parkhead and ibrox. Or any other game that isn’t on tv.Same here.

I'd stick an extra tenner on top for the one in question if Black would pop round and emulsion the ceiling for me afterwards.

Preferably when I'm out and before the dugs been fed.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

pacoluna
23-10-2017, 02:32 PM
I would pay £12.50 to see their reactions after Stokesy gets the 3rd.

lugz
23-10-2017, 02:56 PM
I know it was for a home game but the pie and pint deal vs Livvi was great value. I'd go along to something like this if I couldn't get a ticket for ibrox/tynie.

Mikey
23-10-2017, 03:00 PM
I think it’s a great idea if they could do it for games at parkhead and ibrox. Or any other game that isn’t on tv.

It can only be done for games that are on TV. Hibs could maybe do it for the game at the PBS in December though.

lord bunberry
23-10-2017, 03:04 PM
It can only be done for games that are on TV. Hibs could maybe do it for the game at the PBS in December though.

Hibs tv was broadcasting the Celtic game and I believe they will be showing the Aberdeen away game. Is there not a way of allowing fans to pay into the stadium to watch the Hibs tv coverage.

Hermit Crab
23-10-2017, 03:16 PM
Hibs tv was broadcasting the Celtic game and I believe they will be showing the Aberdeen away game. Is there not a way of allowing fans to pay into the stadium to watch the Hibs tv coverage.

Not for 3pm kick offs on a Saturday, only games that are televised by Sky/BT would be an option.

Mikey
23-10-2017, 03:16 PM

Nope!