View Full Version : Display vs. Hearts

Since1875Hibs
22-10-2017, 08:03 PM
https://preview.ibb.co/fhHJkm/hibs_hearts_display.png (https://ibb.co/cc6B5m)

22-10-2017, 08:09 PM
For the sake of the display, I hope all the cheap kids season tickets are in use this week!

Callum7
22-10-2017, 08:10 PM
https://preview.ibb.co/fhHJkm/hibs_hearts_display.png (https://ibb.co/cc6B5m)

Great work from you all. :thumbsup: Will this be across the whole of the FF or only part of it?

JimboHibs
22-10-2017, 08:11 PM
Great work from you all. :thumbsup: Will this be across the whole of the FF or only part of it?

Both tiers.

22-10-2017, 08:13 PM
Hopefully a dig at the SFA or media

Assuming this has been run passed the club? Looking forward to seeing it

22-10-2017, 08:16 PM
Look forward to seeing it

22-10-2017, 08:16 PM
Look forward to it
Well done to all who’s been working on this

JimboHibs
22-10-2017, 08:18 PM

Why assume ? Would you close your eyes or look away if it wasn't?

22-10-2017, 08:23 PM
Why assume ? Would you close your eyes or look away if it wasn't?

Just the fact it's been announced in advance that's all?

It could be absolutely harmless and time for heroes - Esq. The cynic in me says otherwise....

JimboHibs
22-10-2017, 08:24 PM
Just the fact it's been announced in advance that's all?

It could be absolutely harmless and time for heroes - Esq. The cynic in me says otherwise....

I'm hoping for the otherwise 😁

22-10-2017, 08:25 PM
Who funds such displays? Do the group just chip in or is there anywhere fans can contribute towards future displays? With the stand pretty much full most weeks it does lend itself for a few displays throughout the season.

22-10-2017, 08:26 PM
I'm hoping for the otherwise 😁

Haha you and me both Jimbo

22-10-2017, 08:27 PM
Who funds such displays? Do the group just chip in or is there anywhere fans can contribute towards future displays? With the stand pretty much full most weeks it does lend itself for a few displays throughout the season.

It was nowhere near full for the Aberdeen game last week.

22-10-2017, 08:27 PM
Hopefully the bottom tier doesn’t have lots of jigsaw pieces missing.

22-10-2017, 08:29 PM
Good work lads.
I’m sure it will be full on Tuesday. Get in your seats early folks.

Callum7
22-10-2017, 08:30 PM
Hopefully the bottom tier doesn’t have lots of jigsaw pieces missing.

The club should release a statement asking everything that can’t use their seat this Tuesday to phone/email to give it up.

Since1875Hibs
22-10-2017, 08:30 PM

Self-funded. Members contribute, sale of stickers etc support funds and donations.

Our PayPal is hibstifo1875@gmail.com for those wishing to support - all donations are appreciated.

22-10-2017, 08:35 PM

Hopefully something in support of our team.

22-10-2017, 08:41 PM

Got to be both tiers. Heard that it spells out the names of all the companies/charities that the Jambos scammed. Come to think about it, they would have to include the east stand

Callum7
22-10-2017, 08:44 PM
Got to be both tiers. Heard that it spells out all the companies/charities that the Jambos scammed. Come to think about it, they would have to include the east stand

Fill in the corners and we might be able to fit them all in.

22-10-2017, 08:47 PM
Hopefully something in support of our team.

I'm sure it will be. Fans might not be as enthusiastic to join in if its anything controversial.

ewanb2
22-10-2017, 09:05 PM
Looking forward to it! Hopefully something hibs related to get the crowd going, it should be a class night!

22-10-2017, 09:41 PM
Is it words to the songs

22-10-2017, 10:10 PM
As long as it's not the same principle as this ........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4kai4FL0MQ

bubblesmorrison
22-10-2017, 11:14 PM
Hmmm could we maybe place cards in the south and convince hearts that it was arranged by there fans?

23-10-2017, 04:59 AM
The seat police will make this a three/four pager by Wednesday.

23-10-2017, 06:57 AM

I just hope it doesn’t go wrong with people not turning up

23-10-2017, 07:31 AM

At least.

23-10-2017, 07:50 AM
Well done guys, hope it works out OK.

Need to get a message out to everybody to actually be in their seats for kick-off ;-)

green viper
23-10-2017, 07:50 AM
If there is a no show next to you then just hold up the bit card for them

23-10-2017, 07:53 AM
Is it just me or is the notice above in a very Celtic-ish font?

23-10-2017, 07:54 AM

Hopefully not. Leave that pish to Celtc. Hopefully a dif at Hertz. It's not like there isn't plenty of ammunition.

23-10-2017, 08:33 AM
Is it just me or is the notice above in a very Celtic-ish font?

celtc font

:hmmm: Looks like it, but we do spelling.

hibbie02
23-10-2017, 08:53 AM
I am in no way slating this idea, as I think when they are done well, they are mighty impressive particularly when it covers a whole stand. However, if there are a load of empty seats for whatever reason, even if people are held up at the turnstyles, it would be a gift to the Orcs in the South Stand. So lets make it happen and fill the stand. Hopefully it will be huge Yam windup, right in their face. :flag::flag::flag:

18Hibee75
23-10-2017, 10:25 AM
Little bit worried about empty seats in the lower section of FF. Would encourage anyone who's not sitting next to anyone to hold up their card as well. I'll be sitting in the FF so pictures of the display would be appreciated, I'm sure there will be.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Newry Hibs
23-10-2017, 11:37 AM
I'm sure it will be. Fans might not be as enthusiastic to join in if its anything controversial.

Unless they are **** hot at catchphrase they won't know.

23-10-2017, 02:07 PM
Little bit worried about empty seats in the lower section of FF. Would encourage anyone who's not sitting next to anyone to hold up their card as well. I'll be sitting in the FF so pictures of the display would be appreciated, I'm sure there will be.

Is it stretching across the whole stand or just top to bottom on the left side?

23-10-2017, 02:10 PM
Unless they are **** hot at catchphrase they won't know.

Ha ha. I was just thinking that. They won’t know what it is until the see a picture of it or watch the game back on tv.

23-10-2017, 02:20 PM

That would be awful. Be an embarrassment if it's a display just to have a go at the SFA/media. Hopefully it's one to do with Hibs and nothing else.

23-10-2017, 03:14 PM
That would be awful. Be an embarrassment if it's a display just to have a go at the SFA/media. Hopefully it's one to do with Hibs and nothing else.

The club must be granting permission for the display to be placed on the seats so doubt it will be anything likely to embarrase them

23-10-2017, 04:33 PM
The club must be granting permission for the display to be placed on the seats so doubt it will be anything likely to embarrase them

Have some trust and wait and see on the day.

23-10-2017, 07:05 PM
Can we turn them into aeroplanes after and launch them :)

23-10-2017, 08:09 PM

Have some trust and wait and see on the day.

I've just never really seen a display in support of the club other than the infamous TFH ones hence my cynicism. So I apologise for that

I'd love to see a beautiful display backing the team and am looking forward to seeing it tomorrow

23-10-2017, 08:35 PM
I wonder if the bottom tier might just be flags to be waved, that way empty seats shouldnt affect it much. Might not be flags just an idea

gando
23-10-2017, 08:37 PM
I've just never really seen a display in support of the club other than the infamous TFH ones hence my cynicism. So I apologise for that

I'd love to see a beautiful display backing the team and am looking forward to seeing it tomorrow

Here's a few

Home vs aberdeen - https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BCM-HRUCUAAuugJ.jpg

Home vs celtic - https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2d/36/98/2d3698f760988b32f0555ae975b068f3.jpg

Home vs Partick - https://twitter.com/1875_since/status/894156573576232960

Hampden vs Hearts - http://i47.tinypic.com/2mpyi60.jpg

hampden vs falkirk - http://i.imgur.com/ah1hjkt.jpg

24-10-2017, 05:13 AM
Something like this would be cool

https://www.google.nl/search?q=ado+den+haag+goodfellas&rlz=1C1GGRV_enNL751NL751&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjZ3-ngv4jXAhXNZ1AKHf_eBOQQ_AUICigB&biw=1430&bih=774#imgrc=4aptolF3k39PAM:

Oh if you click on it then click on The Goodfellas picture thenscroll down you will see to displays of the club.

Bob1875
24-10-2017, 06:02 AM
Guaranteed this will go tits up. If any stand will be sparcley populated it will be the FF. Just stick to getting behind the team in my opinion.

24-10-2017, 06:48 AM
It's hardly likely to be anything stupid or offensive. If the guys misled the club about what they were planning then it seriously weakens their hand in any future discussion with Hibs.

Hold up a bit card or a flag for 2 minutes, put it down then watch the game. It's hardly a big ask.

Well done to all those who have organised.

24-10-2017, 08:14 AM
Guaranteed this will go tits up. If any stand will be sparcley populated it will be the FF. Just stick to getting behind the team in my opinion.

Why bother getting out of bed? You’re sounding like Marvin the paranoid android.

24-10-2017, 08:18 AM

Thats the spirit. :greengrin

24-10-2017, 08:19 AM
Why bother getting out of bed? You’re sounding like Marvin the paranoid android.

I agree...but he does have a point - with usual late comers and lots of kids not attending, it will be the stand with the most spaces tonight - will need some careful planning

24-10-2017, 08:24 AM
I agree...but he does have a point - with usual late comers and lots of kids not attending, it will be the stand with the most spaces tonight - will need some careful planning

Some not lots surely.

24-10-2017, 08:27 AM
Some not lots surely.

yes, better wording..

ewanb2
24-10-2017, 08:28 AM
Instead of deciding it won’t work already why not give it a chance? Obviously the display will not rely on a single seat which someone may not be on. Boys giving a lot of time to try and create a bit more atmosphere, at least give it and them a chance!

24-10-2017, 08:37 AM
Well if there are empty seats we can always say at least we have seats to be empty.

Johnny Clash
24-10-2017, 08:38 AM
Good luck with display I’m sure it’ll be fantastic .

I think everyone should remember it’s the same crew organising this who did us all proud with the brilliant ‘Time for Heroes’ display at Hampden so some need to try not stress so much and get right behind fans’ initiatives to create the best atmosphere possible!

GORDONSMITH7
24-10-2017, 08:48 AM
It's hardly likely to be anything stupid or offensive. If the guys misled the club about what they were planning then it seriously weakens their hand in any future discussion with Hibs.

Hold up a bit card or a flag for 2 minutes, put it down then watch the game. It's hardly a big ask.

Well done to all those who have organised.

This amigo. Never seen so many negative nippy wee guys, on a thread by folk working their buts off with the full backing of Hibernian FC ......

Well done folks I am sure it will look great.

BIG G

24-10-2017, 08:58 AM
Jeez, what chance have the players got escaping criticism from some people, if our own fans are getting ripped for a display, before anyone knows what it is or has even seen it?

lets just get behind the CLUB.

Well done all involved for helping get this done tonight.

24-10-2017, 09:05 AM

Thats the spirit

24-10-2017, 09:52 AM
Thats the spirit

Think we are all getting a bit nervous. Let's get into this shower of thieves.

Firestarter
24-10-2017, 10:28 AM
Display will look ace I'm sure! Thanks to the guys taking time and effort to place into this l.

superbam
24-10-2017, 10:30 AM
cant believe the negativity on this thread give the boys a break FFS. Kudos to them again for putting the effort in, im sure it will look quality

24-10-2017, 11:23 AM
Theres good reason for not telling people what the display is, remember what happened with rangers display when celtic fans got wind of it

24-10-2017, 11:26 AM
Great work guys, I look forward to seeing it. Thanks for making the effort :top marks

24-10-2017, 11:28 AM

There's always one on here. Cheer up Bob!

aljo7-0
24-10-2017, 11:31 AM
If your in the FF and there is an empty seat next to you at or just before kick off - simply hold up the card for the seat next to you too!

24-10-2017, 12:07 PM
If your in the FF and there is an empty seat next to you at or just before kick off - simply hold up the card for the seat next to you too!

great to see this happening

we were at the inter vs ac milan derby last week and the display at the point where the teams emerged was fantastic.

ask any player and they will tell you, it lifts them and shows them the support that's behind them, more than clapping hands would do.

the purpose of it is to lift the players, and it will achieve that, so let's give it the full beans, do the display and then roar the team onto victory!

:flag::flag:

24-10-2017, 12:26 PM
great to see this happening

we were at the inter vs ac milan derby last week and the display at the point where the teams emerged was fantastic.

ask any player and they will tell you, it lifts them and shows them the support that's behind them, more than clapping hands would do.

the purpose of it is to lift the players, and it will achieve that, so let's give it the full beans, do the display and then roar the team onto victory!

:flag::flag:

I'm sure the display will be great but I suspect that the players would prefer those 3000 fans to be clapping and roaring them on as they walk out the tunnel as opposed to concealed beneath bits of card.

All about opinions though.

24-10-2017, 12:44 PM
I'm sure the display will be great but I suspect that the players would prefer those 3000 fans to be clapping and roaring them on as they walk out the tunnel as opposed to concealed beneath bits of card.

You don't lose the power of speech when holding a bit of card.

Jees, some of the comments on here are unbelievable. Doom merchants!

24-10-2017, 01:31 PM
I cannae wait to see it tonight, I think it will look great. Well done to the people who took time to organise this. The game is on national telly and the display will highlight our supporters and the game will highlight our team. Hearts will get a humping tonight, we will go ahead of them in the league again with a game in hand. Be positive, there's really not much to be negative about Hibs for at the moment.

24-10-2017, 01:58 PM
No, you don't lose the power of speech but it doesn't take an audiology expert to tell you that the level of noise generated (as in how audible it is on the pitch) of fans with bits of card about their head vs. the level of noise without bits of card aren't going to be the same.

Like I say, I'm sure the display will look great for the cameras and hopefully noise up the away fans whilst backing the team, but the point I was contending was that the players would prefer a card display as a means of support over just "normal" cheering and clapping etc.

Johnny Clash
24-10-2017, 02:02 PM
No, you don't lose the power of speech but it doesn't take an audiology expert to tell you that the level of noise generated (as in how audible it is on the pitch) of fans with bits of card about their head vs. the level of noise without bits of card aren't going to be the same.

Like I say, I'm sure the display will look great for the cameras and hopefully noise up the away fans whilst backing the team, but the point I was contending was that the players would prefer a card display as a means of support over just "normal" cheering and clapping etc.

Hold it above your head then ... and go mental!

Mick O'Rourke
24-10-2017, 02:17 PM

Yes it is all about opinions.
My opinion is that the player may well get a real lift out of the display.
Am sure when it(display) unfolds, the noise from the other stands will increase and compensate for any "reduction in noise" from the FF you perceive.

You could, to paraphrase the late great John Lennon.

"Stamp yer feet or rattle your jewelry" :greengrin

24-10-2017, 04:40 PM
No wonder a few folk on here are divorced.

gando
24-10-2017, 04:40 PM
Bump - let’s make this great

ewanb2
24-10-2017, 04:43 PM

It really is no surprise!

Halmyre Hibee
24-10-2017, 04:48 PM

Divorced a Jambo re married a Hibby. Looking forward to the display and the game. Hope all Hibees enjoy.

24-10-2017, 06:01 PM

nail hit firmly on head there FB.

My eldest is buzzing about tonight and being part of this.

Well done to everyone involved in making it happen.

24-10-2017, 06:11 PM

This is up there with the worst thing I’ve heard here.

Radium
24-10-2017, 06:18 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171024/78f97850ab65e41f1de3c168bf1862d4.jpg

Was hoping for a clue ...

hibee
24-10-2017, 06:26 PM
Just watched a women along from me trying to work out what it was for, ended up using it as a mat for her pie and bovril until one of her kids came in and explained!

24-10-2017, 06:43 PM
it looks very sparkly on hibs tv!

24-10-2017, 06:44 PM
Great display guys[emoji106][emoji106]

Looks good well done lads

hibs#1
Looks fantastic on the Tele best one yet well done lads 👍 now let's smash these ****s.

coco22
24-10-2017, 06:45 PM
Looks superb. Well done FF and organisers 💚

Fuzzywuzzy
Post a pic for us in the ff

Thomo1875
Display looking great. Well done all involved!

24-10-2017, 06:47 PM
Outstanding

MileHighBees
24-10-2017, 06:51 PM
Screen grab from Hibs TV

Fuzzywuzzy
24-10-2017, 06:53 PM
Screen grab from Hibs TV

👍

24-10-2017, 06:59 PM
[emoji106]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171024/aa8078bc2f5261b9168bd586b376052b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

24-10-2017, 07:00 PM
It looked great - well done all. :thumbsup:

hibsdaft
24-10-2017, 09:00 PM
class. great effort from all involved.

murray26
24-10-2017, 09:25 PM
I thought the display was excellent tonight.. well done all involved..👍💚

24-10-2017, 09:26 PM
Brilliant guys :thumbsup: Well done to everyone involved !

24-10-2017, 09:27 PM
Looks really good and better than expected.

Well done lads 👍🏼

Callum7
24-10-2017, 09:30 PM
http://i68.tinypic.com/5w039v.jpg

Ken
24-10-2017, 09:30 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171024/b9548b2322f3660e8be1ccb7271e2771.jpg View from the West

24-10-2017, 09:31 PM
Looked great on TV. Well done fellas. :thumbsup:

24-10-2017, 09:32 PM
Looked brilliant and was a complete surprise to me. Great job all concerned.

24-10-2017, 09:33 PM
Thought it looked class. Well done. Cheers

SGE HIBS
24-10-2017, 09:38 PM

I thought the exact same , there really is some crackers amongst our support 😂😂

24-10-2017, 09:38 PM
To the young sentry I spoke to at the west end of the banner. Welk done again young man. More funds for these lads as soon as possible. Exceptional work in the face of the enemy.

24-10-2017, 09:39 PM
It made the difference, we scored not long after. Well done everyone involved. Looked brilliant.

24-10-2017, 09:40 PM
Simple and classy. Nice one!!

18Hibee75
24-10-2017, 09:40 PM
I noticed Dylan McGeouch have a good stare and clap at it before the game. Must've really lifted the team. Cracking display and well done to all involved!

24-10-2017, 09:42 PM
The dismal hearts support is simply incapable of anything like this.

24-10-2017, 09:48 PM
Well done to the organisers of the display.
Unfortunately, I got held up in traffic and just got to my seat in the back row of the FF when Murray's shot hit the back of the net.
From what I've seen of the display on here it looks great. Wish I'd seen it at the game.

Johnny Clash
24-10-2017, 09:51 PM
Looked fantastic. Well done everyone.

24-10-2017, 09:58 PM
Looked absolutely fantastic!

The banner being unfurled with the message put the icing on the cake

JimboHibs
24-10-2017, 10:00 PM
Absolutely fantastic effort with the display you couldn't hear a peep from the Hearts support when it was unfurled,Hibs class with the display.

24-10-2017, 10:00 PM
The display was brilliant. :top marks

24-10-2017, 10:01 PM
When I first got to my seat I thought it wasn't gonna be that good. Wrong! It was excellent, well done to all involved.

24-10-2017, 10:01 PM
Looked fantastic and well done for organising it. Got a photo but cant post it on here.

24-10-2017, 10:03 PM
Simple but very effective ... outstanding all involved

24-10-2017, 10:03 PM
Looked absolutely superb on tv here in California! Huge well done! A screen saver and Facebook share for thousands I’m sure!

24-10-2017, 10:08 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171024/b9548b2322f3660e8be1ccb7271e2771.jpg View from the West

These pics don't show how much the display sparkled. Terrific job lads, well done all.

24-10-2017, 10:09 PM
Best effort yet. The glimmering colours were spectacular and enhanced by the floodlights. The Hibs go marching on!
These things don't just happen so a big thank you to everyone involved.

24-10-2017, 10:09 PM
Brilliant, well done to those who organised:flag:

24-10-2017, 10:12 PM
I wonder if the bottom tier might just be flags to be waved, that way empty seats shouldnt affect it much. Might not be flags just an idea

Think we are all getting a bit nervous. Let's get into this shower of thieves.

Hibs Class! Well done guys, i despair at times at some of the negativity on this board.

24-10-2017, 10:13 PM
Looks good.:top marks

The downside to being part of these displays is you don't get to see them at the time.

24-10-2017, 10:14 PM
looked great from where i was in the east, well done guys, simple but very effective

24-10-2017, 10:17 PM
Well done lads- superb

24-10-2017, 10:22 PM
Yep well done to all involved Worked really well

24-10-2017, 10:23 PM
The photos look great, I'm in the FF and I was a bit dubious if it would work with so many kids involved it had potential to go wrong, but everyone seems to have managed to hold right side facing up, well done to the organisers.

24-10-2017, 10:25 PM
It looked great. I was really worried 2 mins before it went up as there looked to be hundreds of empty seats. So well done to those that put up a few!

24-10-2017, 10:27 PM
Well done to the organisers. Just seen the pics as I sit in FF. Great fans at the moment and I feel that the ayers really do appreciate us and respond well to the crowds we are getting

Johnny Clash
24-10-2017, 10:29 PM
Also happy to donate if more funds are required! Just remind us details and I’m sure a few happy hibbys will do likewise!

24-10-2017, 10:35 PM
The display was brilliant, well done.

24-10-2017, 10:38 PM
It looked great. I was really worried 2 mins before it went up as there looked to be hundreds of empty seats. So well done to those that put up a few!

Very few empty seats that I could see unless you were at a different game

24-10-2017, 10:39 PM
Very few empty seats that I could see unless yo were at a different game

To be fair there was one section in the bottom of the FF that looked half empty a few minutes before kick off.

It filled up pretty quick though :greengrin

Mantis Toboggan
24-10-2017, 10:40 PM
Ive kept my bit of silver foil and now consider it a lucky charm. Might frame it.
Seriously, well done guys, let's get something as good as this every time.

24-10-2017, 10:41 PM
Very few empty seats that I could see unless you were at a different game

Much less than usual in FF, most of the ones empty 5 mins before KO filled up by time of display.

24-10-2017, 10:44 PM
The pics on here are good but really don't do it justice.

The boy behind me summed it up...after looking at it for a few seconds he turned around and said "that just looks fxxxxxg awesome!"

drummondst
24-10-2017, 10:46 PM
Much less than usual in FF, most of the ones empty 5 mins before KO filled up by time of display.

looked great on the tele in Leamington Spa
from

Drummonnd St

24-10-2017, 10:46 PM
Fantastic effort guys, that was a great display

coldingham hibs
24-10-2017, 10:50 PM
Quality. Keep up the great support, just get back in the East please.

24-10-2017, 10:57 PM
Well done lads - once again highlights the difference in the quality of the supporter we have compared to the 400,000 who love a good library !

24-10-2017, 10:58 PM
Well done to the organisers of the display.
Unfortunately, I got held up in traffic and just got to my seat in the back row of the FF when Murray's shot hit the back of the net.
From what I've seen of the display on here it looks great. Wish I'd seen it at the game.what he said. well done. I missed the goal, and obviously the display but looked the biz

24-10-2017, 11:00 PM
The Hearts fans started to sing "what the effing hell is that" before anyone had actually held up their shiny thing.

Once it was up - complete silence, they knew it was cracking.

Well done all.

24-10-2017, 11:00 PM
IT was a stunning display. Well done to each and every one of you. ::flag::flag:

Fergos
24-10-2017, 11:05 PM
The Hibs Go Marching On.

Superb.

GGTTH.

24-10-2017, 11:16 PM
Fantastic display - pictures don't do it justice as really needed to be viewed in flesh for full shimmer effect. Love this image

http://i68.tinypic.com/2q023xd.jpg

007 Mickey Weir
24-10-2017, 11:16 PM
Looked brilliant. Well done everyone for arranging this. Proud!!

24-10-2017, 11:21 PM
Awesome display

Eaststandee
24-10-2017, 11:36 PM
The display was outstanding, hope you guys do it for the Glasgow arse cheeks as well.

24-10-2017, 11:43 PM
Great display, well done all involved.

24-10-2017, 11:49 PM
Fantastic display, guys and girls. Money on it's way for the next one.

24-10-2017, 11:53 PM
Fantastic effort by all involved, simple but made really effective by the banner. It set the tone for the whole game, what a great vocal support we had tonight as well.

25-10-2017, 12:00 AM
Looked great. Well done folks.

25-10-2017, 12:04 AM
Was amazing! Well done to all involved.

Hopefully the start of many more !

yonder1875
25-10-2017, 01:14 AM
Amazing.

PerfectlyFranck
25-10-2017, 03:31 AM
That was my favourite display so far; the derby was a great example of how the Singing Section could work well if accommodated at the bottom of the FF. Chants were started and overlapped from the East and the Singing Section which helped to retain the atmosphere throughout.

The display itself was better than the cup final ones: the colours were excellent and not the odd green, black & silver of the 2013 final or the lime green of the 2016 final. They looked much better than the usual card displays and the banner was what made it look incredible. No complex design needed, just a bold and clean execution - with better colours than used previously.

The players seemed to take notice too; the group that put this together should take credit for the goal & performance, especially after the moaning on here prior to the unveiling. :not worth The display may not have worked as well in a corner of the East.

Thank you, to all involved.

25-10-2017, 05:13 AM

I think the only tits were in the opposite stand. Can I get my money back on that “guarantee”?

25-10-2017, 06:31 AM
Thought the display was absolutely soul destroying to the hearts fans. For once they seen it it was as if they didn't fancy singing much or enjoying themselves.

Thoroughly loved how the players looked at it and sensed the fans were up for the game and responded accordingly, so in a way the organisers helped to create a unique atmosphere that the players loved WHICH HELPED GET US THE RESULT WE ALL DESIRED.

So from me a very big thank you for the time, effort and dedication you lads and lassies put in.

Now what I'd like to see next if you lot can orginise it in a packed Easter Road is a Mexican Wave, not sure why but think it would look awesome doing this after scoring lol

25-10-2017, 06:44 AM
That was my favourite display so far; the derby was a great example of how the Singing Section could work well if accommodated at the bottom of the FF. Chants were started and overlapped from the East and the Singing Section which helped to retain the atmosphere throughout.

The display itself was better than the cup final ones: the colours were excellent and not the odd green, black & silver of the 2013 final or the lime green of the 2016 final. They looked much better than the usual card displays and the banner was what made it look incredible. No complex design needed, just a bold and clean execution - with better colours than used previously.

The players seemed to take notice too; the group that put this together should take credit for the goal & performance, especially after the moaning on here prior to the unveiling. :not worth The display may not have worked as well in a corner of the East.

Thank you, to all involved.

Was saying last night that hopefully the singing section will expand next season. Loved the flag waving. All we need now is an ultra with a megaphone risking his life to get the chants going like they do in Italy.

25-10-2017, 06:45 AM
Thought the display was absolutely soul destroying to the hearts fans. For once they seen it it was as if they didn't fancy singing much or enjoying themselves.

Thoroughly loved how the players looked at it and sensed the fans were up for the game and responded accordingly, so in a way the organisers helped to create a unique atmosphere that the players loved WHICH HELPED GET US THE RESULT WE ALL DESIRED.

So from me a very big thank you for the time, effort and dedication you lads and lassies put in.

Now what I'd like to see next if you lot can orginise it in a packed Easter Road is a Mexican Wave, not sure why but think it would look awesome doing this after scoring lol

Display looked great, keep up the good work, I am sure it gave the team an extra boost.
No Mexican wave, hate the things, its for boring matches and kids.

25-10-2017, 06:53 AM
Display looked great, keep up the good work, I am sure it gave the team an extra boost.
No Mexican wave, hate the things, its for boring matches and kids.

All about opinions I suppose but at 49 I'm still a kid when it comes to football. Lol

25-10-2017, 06:56 AM
:agree::na na:

25-10-2017, 06:59 AM
Superb looked brilliant well done to all involved. :flag:

25-10-2017, 07:04 AM
Well done to all involved. Simple and effective. Bossed Hertz on and off the pitch.

anewlove
25-10-2017, 07:33 AM
This was mentioned much earlier in the thread but any donations can be sent via PayPal to hibstifo1875@gmail.com. I'm not an organiser btw. Just an appreciative fan who made a small donation last night. Well done boys. Superb display!

25-10-2017, 07:51 AM
Well done guys, great display.

25-10-2017, 08:15 AM
Displays are usually a bit meh for me, but last nights looked great on TV - well done to all for arranging that. Would definitely like to see future displays in the FF Stand for big games.

well done !

25-10-2017, 08:22 AM
Congrats to all concerned, looked great at the game and even better when I saw it from all the different camera angles when I got home.

Johnny Clash
25-10-2017, 08:54 AM
This was mentioned much earlier in the thread but any donations can be sent via PayPal to hibstifo1875@gmail.com. I'm not an organiser btw. Just an appreciative fan who made a small donation last night. Well done boys. Superb display!

Thanks bro. £10 getting sent today. Worth the price of two pints in London!!!

25-10-2017, 08:55 AM
Well done to all involved, great effort :thumbsup:

25-10-2017, 09:12 AM
Different class. Best display I've seen. Simple but very very effective.

25-10-2017, 09:13 AM
As has been said, pictures don’t really do it justice but I managed to capture a wee bit of the ‘sparkle’

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171025/c405936aee7b24b5bbb72c9812ec426d.jpg

HFCdeb
25-10-2017, 09:33 AM
Brilliant. Really helped set the tone before a ball had even been kicked.

25-10-2017, 09:41 AM
The best ever lads :top marks

norwayhibs
25-10-2017, 09:50 AM
Well done to all involved, it looked fantastic :thumbsup:

25-10-2017, 10:08 AM
As someone touched on, before anyone had an idea of what was about to happen, the yams were spouting "what the ****ing hell is that" ?........well, I think every hibbie there thought to themselves "that's what I'm talking about" ?!!...when the banner dropped down.....absolutely clamped the yams.

Timing is everything, and that was class....here's to us doing this again. I'll be sending a donation over once I figure out PayPal.

Maybe the hearts fans will do something similar from the top tier of one of their stands....oh wait !

Irish Dave
25-10-2017, 10:10 AM
Yeh brilliant I was in the ff upper and was dubious when I saw the tinfoil but it all worked so well. Has anyone got a video link or tv link to see the full effect ?

25-10-2017, 10:12 AM
Looked quality.

anewlove
25-10-2017, 10:19 AM

I'm a girl but always considered myself one of the boys 😜

Johnny Clash
25-10-2017, 10:21 AM
I'm a girl but always considered myself one of the boys 😜

aaagh - sorry about that!

25-10-2017, 10:29 AM
The Hearts fans started to sing "what the effing hell is that" before anyone had actually held up their shiny thing.

Once it was up - complete silence, they knew it was cracking.

Well done all.

Loved that too :greengrin

anewlove
25-10-2017, 10:33 AM
aaagh - sorry about that!

Not a problem! 😁

25-10-2017, 10:56 AM
It's a Hearts 'vlog' but you get a great view of the display from 1min 13 seconds in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJfFgqss7Wg

To be fair to the young yam who puts this together it's a good effort.

25-10-2017, 10:56 AM
I really don’t like these card displays at all although I liked the flags. Have to say though, that turned out really well and probably the best yet. Very well done, well thought out and organised to those involved. GGTTH 👍

25-10-2017, 12:54 PM
When I got to my seat and found the silver tinfoil, my first thought was that it was all about ripping the new mega stand at Tiny :greengrin

25-10-2017, 01:14 PM
Well done to those that organised

Great display and the sparkling of it under the lights was a great idea

25-10-2017, 01:19 PM
Of topic but anyone know what was being sung around the 86th minute? Not heard that before, think it may have been something about Dave

WeveGotMcginn
25-10-2017, 01:30 PM
As has been said, pictures don’t really do it justice but I managed to capture a wee bit of the ‘sparkle’

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171025/c405936aee7b24b5bbb72c9812ec426d.jpg

Class that, looked good last night [emoji1360][emoji1184]

25-10-2017, 01:31 PM
I thought it was excellent. Well done to all those involved.:thumbsup:

25-10-2017, 01:40 PM
It's a Hearts 'vlog' but you get a great view of the display from 1min 13 seconds in.

Cheers - the video DOES give the better image - that is cracking !!

25-10-2017, 02:09 PM

I know his Dad and to be fair they are decent jambos. I think I would rather he put together Sportscene than the current producers.

25-10-2017, 02:12 PM

Edinburgh in the ‘right’ places too [emoji57]

25-10-2017, 03:07 PM

Nice of him to provide a mutants-eye-view of proceedings, Hibs support tremendous, the display was outstanding.

25-10-2017, 04:02 PM
I know his Dad and to be fair they are decent jambos. I think I would rather he put together Sportscene than the current producers.

If his dad is the guy next to him I also know him. I work with him. Ha no idea his boy done this.

Satisfying seeing them u happy as we go mental

25-10-2017, 04:18 PM

Well done to the young Yam, display looked superb. Many kudos to all involved.

25-10-2017, 06:02 PM
I really dislike this sort of thing but fair play, it did look quality under the lights.

Nice that the yams were getting excited about it not being very good and soon shut up when it turned out to look as good as it did. Sort of summed up their night.

25-10-2017, 06:19 PM
The banner was excellent too.

Nothing worse than a banner that everyone struggles to read, they’re a total embarrassment.

Last nights was perfect.