PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings Hibs v Celtic

NAE NOOKIE
22-10-2017, 03:12 PM
These games at Hampden always seem to pass me by a bit, so feel free to call me a dafty if you disagree :greengrin

Laidlaw ........ 5 ......... Oh dear, average at the first goal and weak at the 2nd I'm sure a poor kick indirectly lead to Celtic's 3rd or 4th, but having said all that he made a few smart saves as well .... the Laidlaw v Marciano debate has been well and truly reopened though.

Gray .... 5 ..... Didn't do a lot and I thought he was limping about a bit as the half wore on, could be his substitution wasn't just tactical.

Ambrose .... 6 ..... I actually thought he had a decent game and was pretty cool under pressure and in possession, took a bloody sore one from a poor challenge but kept going.

Hanlon .... 8 ...... He is in cracking form and one obvious mistake apart was solid, made some great challenges and used the ball well.

Stevenson .... 6 ..... wasn't expected to go as far forward as usual, but did his defensive job reasonably well, folk saying he played Celtic on side for a couple of their goals, but I couldn't tell from where I was.

McGeouch ..... 9 ..... Was involved for the full 90 minutes and tried his best to get us moving, held the ball very well and somehow kept possession even when surrounded by opponents, didn't deserve to be on the losing side.

McGinn ..... 6 ..... Was anonymous in the first half, but far far better in the 2nd as the whole team became far more positive, if we had got 90 minutes like his 2nd 45 he would probably have got a 9.

Slivka ..... 5 ..... Little impact on the game and missed a decent chance, no surprise to see him hooked.

Bartley .... 6 .... He did fine while he was on and hooked in a tactical substitution.

Barker .... 6 ..... Some decent runs without much end product, but when you get to the final third only to find you have nothing to aim at in the box its hardly surprising.

Stokes ..... 7 ..... He worked hard in his lone striker role and hit a decent free kick, but was feeding off scraps for the most part, did well to win the ball that started the move leading to our penalty.

SUBS:

Boyle .... 7 ..... Made a big difference when he came on and won the penalty.

Whittaker ..... 6 ..... We were far more potent with him supporting Boyle and a lovely pass for Shaw's goal.

Shaw .... 6 ..... His movement is very good at times ( something I've noticed from other games ) and he took his goal like a seasoned pro.

Neil Lennon:

Thought he got it wrong in the first half by giving them too much respect, but he wasn't to blame for the shocking lapses in defence and poor keeping at both Celtic's first half goals. To his credit the changes he made at half time made a real difference. After the Aberdeen game and now this one he surely has to recognise that Stokes is not a lone striker, Slikva is wasted wide right and SJM is far more effective pushed further forward.

Wee Effen Bee
22-10-2017, 05:51 PM
These games at Hampden always seem to pass me by a bit, so feel free to call me a dafty if you disagree :greengrin

Laidlaw ........ 5 ......... Oh dear, average at the first goal and weak at the 2nd I'm sure a poor kick indirectly lead to Celtic's 3rd or 4th, but having said all that he made a few smart saves as well .... the Laidlaw v Marciano debate has been well and truly reopened though.

Gray .... 5 ..... Didn't do a lot and I thought he was limping about a bit as the half wore on, could be his substitution wasn't just tactical.

Ambrose .... 6 ..... I actually thought he had a decent game and was pretty cool under pressure and in possession, took a bloody sore one from a poor challenge but kept going.

Hanlon .... 8 ...... He is in cracking form and one obvious mistake apart was solid, made some great challenges and used the ball well.

Stevenson .... 6 ..... wasn't expected to go as far forward as usual, but did his defensive job reasonably well, folk saying he played Celtic on side for a couple of their goals, but I couldn't tell from where I was.

McGeouch ..... 9 ..... Was involved for the full 90 minutes and tried his best to get us moving, held the ball very well and somehow kept possession even when surrounded by opponents, didn't deserve to be on the losing side.

McGinn ..... 6 ..... Was anonymous in the first half, but far far better in the 2nd as the whole team became far more positive, if we had got 90 minutes like his 2nd 45 he would probably have got a 9.

Slivka ..... 5 ..... Little impact on the game and missed a decent chance, no surprise to see him hooked.

Bartley .... 6 .... He did fine while he was on and hooked in a tactical substitution.

Barker .... 6 ..... Some decent runs without much end product, but when you get to the final third only to find you have nothing to aim at in the box its hardly surprising.

Stokes ..... 7 ..... He worked hard in his lone striker role and hit a decent free kick, but was feeding off scraps for the most part, did well to win the ball that started the move leading to our penalty.

SUBS:

Whittaker ..... 6 ..... We were far more potent with him supporting Boyle and a lovely pass for Shaw's goal.

Shaw .... 6 ..... His movement is very good at times ( something I've noticed from other games ) and he took his goal like a seasoned pro.

Neil Lennon:

Thought he got it wrong in the first half by giving them too much respect, but he wasn't to blame for the shocking lapses in defence and poor keeping at both Celtic's first half goals. To his credit the changes he made at half time made a real difference. After the Aberdeen game and now this one he surely has to recognise that Stokes is not a lone striker, Slikva is wasted wide right and SJM is far more effective pushed further forward.

laidlaw 5
Gray 5
Whitaker 6
Stevenson 7
Hanlon 8
Effe 8
Silvka 6
Boyle 6
McGinn 7
McGeouch 9
Bartley 6
Shaw 6
Barker 6
Stokes 7

Lennon 7

IMHO

Northernhibee
22-10-2017, 06:00 PM
Laidlaw - 3.5
Gray - 5.5
Ambrose - 6.5
Hanlon - 9
Stevenson - 6.5

Slivka - 5
McGeouch - 9
McGinn - 6
Barker - 7
Bartley - 5

Stokes - 5.5

Boyle - 7
Whittaker - 7
Shaw - 8

Lennon - 5

easty
22-10-2017, 06:18 PM

SUBS:

Neil Lennon:

I think 6 is harsh on Ambrose, and 5 is kind on Laidlaw. Other than that, I agree.

IGRIGI
22-10-2017, 06:32 PM
Ambrose matched Hanlon in terms of performance.

RG63
23-10-2017, 02:20 PM

SUBS:

Neil Lennon:

Laidlaw 5
Gray 5
Ambrose 7
Hanlon 7
Stevenson 5
McGeogh 8
McGinn 6
Slivka 5
Barker 6
Stokes 6
Bartley 5

Boyle 7
Whittaker 7
Shaw 6

Lennon 6

pacoluna
23-10-2017, 02:27 PM
laidlaw 5

Gray 4
hanlon 7
Ambrose 7
stevenson 5

McGeough 8
mcginn 6
Slivka 5
Bartley 5.5
Barker 6
Stokes 6.5

Boyle 7.5

Whittaker 7.5

Shaw 6

The Harp Awakes
23-10-2017, 02:35 PM

:agree:

NAE NOOKIE
23-10-2017, 05:18 PM

What, are you fn joking !!!!

No, actually in hindsight you are probably right, Efe was more than decent on Saturday :aok:

lugz
23-10-2017, 07:36 PM
Before I ask I was on holiday and haven't saw the match, only saw the 2nd goal where Ross should have done better.

How can Hanlon be marked as 8 or 9 when we conceded 4 goals?

danhibees1875
23-10-2017, 08:26 PM
Before I ask I was on holiday and haven't saw the match, only saw the 2nd goal where Ross should have done better.

How can Hanlon be marked as 8 or 9 when we conceded 4 goals?

None of the goals were his fault and he otherwise put in a good performance against the best forwards in Scotland.

Laidlaw - 5
Gray - 6
Hanlon - 8
Ambrose - 8
Stevenson - 7
Bartley - 7
McGeoch -8.5 motm
Mcginn - 7
Slivka - 6
Barker- 7
Stokes - 7.5

Boyle - 7
Whittaker - 7.5
Shaw - 7

MWHIBBIES
23-10-2017, 08:31 PM

How can Hanlon be marked as 8 or 9 when we conceded 4 goals?He was very good, Griffiths didn't come even close to scoring because of Hanlon. Sadly others didn't do their jobs as well as he did.

lugz
23-10-2017, 08:47 PM
Thanks guys, was a genuine question and I've always been a big fan of Pauls.