Sack McKinnon.

Billy Whizz
22-10-2017, 11:30 AM
Sack McKinnon.

Had a poor start to the season
McIntyre and Dodds in?

Hermit Crab
22-10-2017, 11:31 AM
They have had some poor results but they are still only 5 points off the top of the table.

Firestarter
22-10-2017, 11:31 AM
Shocking

keep the faith
22-10-2017, 11:34 AM
Had a poor start to the season
McIntyre and Dodds in?

I have a sneaky feeling they will go for Stubbs. I would be gutted.

Hermit Crab
22-10-2017, 11:36 AM

Why? We have a good manager who is going nowhere soon.

.Sean.
22-10-2017, 11:38 AM
I could see that happening. I'll be gutte seeing him at another Scottish club.

blackpoolhibs
22-10-2017, 11:39 AM

My mate played golf with stubbs last month, he said the only jobs he'd go for in Scotland was Hibs and the Aberdeen job if it came up.

He'd not be in the frame for the job at Parkhead.

Firestarter
22-10-2017, 11:39 AM

Because having a legend of a manager in charge of some other team is hard to take especially if you are of the opinion he could be doing a better job here.

Wilson
22-10-2017, 11:47 AM
They have had some poor results but they are still only 5 points off the top of the table.

They play Dumbarton and brechin in two of their next three games. Top of the table st mirren in between.

A couple of good results and things might have looked so much better. I'd have given him these games at least and taken stock then.

They have underestimated how tough the division is and reacted too early.

keep the faith
22-10-2017, 11:50 AM

Because I loved Stubbs at our club and would hate to see him somewhere else.

Billy Whizz
22-10-2017, 11:52 AM
Nothing on Dundee Utd twitter or website about this, only on DR site
Think they’d announce it their 1st

brog
22-10-2017, 11:55 AM
Sack McKinnon.

I thought that was a suggestion until I saw the other comments! Crazy!

Spike Mandela
22-10-2017, 12:03 PM
John Hughes?

Billy Whizz
22-10-2017, 12:12 PM
John Hughes?

They wanted him when he was Caley Manager, good shout

Winston Ingram
22-10-2017, 12:19 PM
Jim McIntyre will get it I reckon

Heisenberg
22-10-2017, 12:21 PM
And to think some were wanting him at Hibs... the guys absolutely clueless.

Northernhibee
22-10-2017, 12:23 PM
Please let it be Cathro.

West lower
22-10-2017, 12:27 PM
Houston

Billy Whizz
22-10-2017, 12:28 PM
And to think some were wanting him at Hibs... the guys absolutely clueless.

Think his players have to take some responsibility
A front pairing of Mcdonald and keatings is good at this level

ancient hibee
22-10-2017, 01:05 PM
McKinnon has signed too many players who you would not rely on.

Heisenberg
22-10-2017, 01:08 PM
Think his players have to take some responsibility
A front pairing of Mcdonald and keatings is good at this level

Keatings, while he has undeniable skill at Championship level, simply isn’t consistent enough. McDonald is finished. Their defence/midfield is painfully lacking in all areas. He’s signed some absolute diddies for them.

No doubting he did a job at Raith for the time he was there though. He’s been brutal for United.

Betty Boop
22-10-2017, 01:08 PM
To be sacked in the morning, according to Sportsound.

G B Young
22-10-2017, 01:21 PM
Seems very harsh - and hasty.

I guess it's well nigh imperative United get promoted this season from a financial point of view but they're not blessed as we were with the cash to build a squad strong enough to all but guarantee the title. St Mirren, Dunfermline and Livi all look quite strong and in fact when you look at almost all the clubs in that league bar perhaps Brechin there are no easy games.

McKinnon strikes me as a decent manager and this smacks of panic.

SirDavidsNapper
22-10-2017, 01:32 PM
A lot of United fans I know have been wanting him out for months

Billy Whizz
22-10-2017, 01:33 PM
Seems very harsh - and hasty.

I guess it's well nigh imperative United get promoted this season from a financial point of view but they're not blessed as we were with the cash to build a squad strong enough to all but guarantee the title. St Mirren, Dunfermline and Livi all look quite strong and in fact when you look at almost all the clubs in that league bar perhaps Brechin there are no easy games.

McKinnon strikes me as a decent manager and this smacks of panic.
Think the chairman is the problem, gone through a stack of managers

Col2
22-10-2017, 01:36 PM
McIntyre and Dodds will be replacement.

My_Wife_Camille
22-10-2017, 01:45 PM
Surprised at this. I felt that the signing of Fraser Fyvie was a clear signal of the boards intentions to make the play offs.

I can only assume the ginger Pirlo didn't let enough balls run out for corner kicks.

Hermit Crab
22-10-2017, 01:47 PM
To be sacked in the morning, according to Sportsound.

Why wait? :confused:

Billy Whizz
22-10-2017, 01:48 PM
Why wait? :confused:

Maybe not sorted out his package yet

pacoluna
22-10-2017, 01:49 PM
Because having a legend of a manager in charge of some other team is hard to take especially if you are of the opinion he could be doing a better job here.

Grow up

Sammy7nil
22-10-2017, 02:29 PM

Stubbs had his chance he chose Rotherham !!!!!

As I have said before thanks for the cup and all the best but his time at Hibs has passed.

Souter96Mac
23-10-2017, 09:01 AM
Maybe not sorted out his package yet

Oo er missus

Jones28
23-10-2017, 09:16 AM

As I have said before thanks for the cup and all the best but his time at Hibs has passed.

Stubbs jumped before he was pushed.

Speedway
23-10-2017, 09:24 AM
Stubbs jumped before he was pushed.

Exactly. He’d already been found badly lacking in two league campaigns but he’s better than a multi championship multi cup winning manger.

Come on.

CMurdoch
23-10-2017, 10:07 AM
McIntyre and Dodds will be replacement.

Should be but the talk is of John Hughes.
Frying pan to fire me thinks.

Swedish hibee
23-10-2017, 11:32 AM

I personally think it was a good move for him at the time. Anything can happen in that league, Huddersfield have proved that! But they were just rank rotten..

Winston Ingram
23-10-2017, 11:34 AM
Exactly. He’d already been found badly lacking in two league campaigns but he’s better than a multi championship multi cup winning manger.

Come on.

I'd be very surprised if DU went for Stubbs. He was fantastic at getting players up for big games but completely the opposite for diddy teams. Winning the Championship is about beating the diddy teams and considering the budget he had, his record is poor.

Sammy7nil
23-10-2017, 11:44 AM

Come on.

I can't understand why a lot of fans want him back :confused:

WeeRussell
23-10-2017, 11:49 AM
A lot of United fans I know have been wanting him out for months

Exactly. I can't think of many who would see this as either harsh or rash. And they're better placed as fans to judge how he has been as a manager for them.

I thought they looked good to win that league this season after a few very positive signings (including Fyvie, who was mentioned in a pathetic post previously in this thread), but things aren't working the way they are.

If nothing else, this thread has been a good way of letting some posters open up the slagging of two of our biggest Scottish Cup heroes again though :aok:

andybev1
23-10-2017, 12:00 PM

The grass is always greener.

JDHibs
23-10-2017, 01:00 PM
Utd backed MacKinnon both summers and hes brought in alot of players. Hasnt improved them on last season. With St Mirren/Dunfermline improving massively hes been found out! He only kept up with us last season due to us being dreadful for large parts of the season.

Winston Ingram
23-10-2017, 01:05 PM

Me neither. He was 10 minutes away from being a total catastrophe.

MWHIBBIES
23-10-2017, 01:15 PM
Me neither. He was 10 minutes away from being a total catastrophe.

No he wasnt. Stubbs was very good for Hibs before that cup win. He made excellent signings, many of whom are still here and playing a big part, along with making us good to watch after years of rubbish.

He made us very strong at home, something Lennon is failing at big time.

flash
23-10-2017, 01:57 PM
No he wasnt. Stubbs was very good for Hibs before that cup win. He made excellent signings, many of whom are still here and playing a big part, along with making us good to watch after years of rubbish.

To be fair Lennon is trying to beat Aberdeen, Celtic etc instead of Dumbarton and Queen of the South.

JimboHibs
23-10-2017, 02:02 PM
Couple of ridiculous comments being made.

Winston Ingram
23-10-2017, 02:09 PM

We finished 3rd in a 2 horse race in his last season. That is not 'very good' by any stretch of the imagination.

WeveGotMcginn
23-10-2017, 04:30 PM
We finished 3rd in a 2 horse race in his last season. That is not 'very good' by any stretch of the imagination.

Reaching both finals of the cup competitions arguably made our season a lot tougher for players compared to Falkirk/rangers though IMO. Stubbs had us playing good football and totally rebuilt the squad - he was very good & I think he’d of got us promoted no bother last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guthrie01
23-10-2017, 04:46 PM

Not to start another Stubbs vs Lennon debate but Stubbs had us finishing on 70 points in both his seasons, Lennon had 71 points.

If anything Stubbs had the better performance in the Championship against harder opposition as well as balancing a double cup final in his last season.

Makes me bitter when people try and label Stubbs as a failure when he was anything but, a fantastic manger who is welcome back whenever Lennon decides to leave

Northernhibee
23-10-2017, 04:47 PM
To be fair Lennon is trying to beat Aberdeen, Celtic etc instead of Dumbarton and Queen of the South.

To be fair, Stubbs was competing to the very final stages in three competitions against a resurgent Sevco in his second season without enough squad depth and inherited a total shambles in season one. I've no doubt he'd have won the league had he stayed on, and dare I say more comfortably.

The Pointer
23-10-2017, 05:06 PM
Right, before I get pelters, I couldn't make the semi on Saturday as I was in Dundee for a family thing, but was instead at Tannadice and Utd were hopeless.

When you look at the players they have - Macdonald, Flood, Fyvie, Stanton, Keats etc - they should be challenging for top spot, but their passing was all over the place and they lost most of the 50/50 challenges. I thought Keats in particular was woeful and not the guy who scored some crackers for us.

ICT were a bit like Aberdeen (without the clumsy challenges), direct, accurate and confident with a solid defence and their right wing/back was excellent till he ran out of steam in the second half.

Hope they appoint someone decent who gets them back up.

WhileTheChief..
23-10-2017, 06:15 PM
Under a year ago folk were raving about McKinnon and how Utd were a huge threat to us!

He’s just another that hasn’t got it. Finally these so called managers are being found out.

Wilson
23-10-2017, 06:38 PM
Under a year ago folk were raving about McKinnon and how Utd were a huge threat to us!

He’s just another that hasn’t got it. Finally these so called managers are being found out.

McKinnon isn't just an ex-player thrown into management. He did his time at Brechin and then Raith before Dundee Utd apointed him. It seemed a good appointment and perhaps he can feel aggrieved to be axed in fourth place with a couple of winnable games coming up.

Dundee Utd are not known for their patience and will pay for their quickfire approach to hiring and firing managers.

I agree with Jim Duffy. If they are getting through coaches that quick perhaps the problem lies elsewhere at the club.

Billy Whizz
23-10-2017, 06:40 PM
Has he been sacked yet, nothing on official site

hibbymark
23-10-2017, 06:48 PM
He’s definitely going . He was meeting the board this afternoon and it will either be announced tonight or tomorrow morning. Hughes will be in before the weekend.

flash
23-10-2017, 07:08 PM
To be fair, Stubbs was competing to the very final stages in three competitions against a resurgent Sevco in his second season without enough squad depth and inherited a total shambles in season one. I've no doubt he'd have won the league had he stayed on, and dare I say more comfortably.

I ain't having a go at Stubbs I am sticking up for our current manager.
You should try it sometime.

Pretty Boy
23-10-2017, 07:22 PM
I still believe Stubbs would have excelled as our manager in the Premiership. We needed something different to get the Championship job done though and we got that.

Stubbs has to earn his right to get a big job all over again and has a reputation to rebuild. If we are looking for a manager in the medium term then, depending how he gets on with that, he should be considered.

Northernhibee
23-10-2017, 07:23 PM
I ain't having a go at Stubbs I am sticking up for our current manager.
You should try it sometime.

What on earth are you on about? :faf:

I prefer Stubbs to Lennon on a personal level. He also gave me the best day I'll ever have as a Hibs supporter. I also happen to think he'd also have gotten us promoted last season.

Doesn't mean I don't want Lennon to do well. The sycophancy towards NL on here is incredible sometimes.

WhileTheChief..
23-10-2017, 07:32 PM
I don’t think there’s any sycophancy towards Lennon?

He does have a lot of supporters among us though, surely that’s got to be a good thing!

Firestarter
23-10-2017, 07:47 PM

Didn't Stubbs beat that unbeaten Aberdeen on a fantastic midweek match at home? Sorry, he beat a better Aberdeen side.

Firestarter
23-10-2017, 07:47 PM
Grow up

Fantastic reply

MWHIBBIES
23-10-2017, 07:51 PM

Stubbs beat Aberdeen, Dundee United, Hearts x2, Rangers x3

Stubbs had a great record at home regardless of opposition.

31 wins
6 losses
10 draws

Was his home record in all comps.

16 wins
9 draws
6 losses
Is Lennons record

Now obviously Lennons record away from home is better and I'm happy with him as our manager but he hasn't really done better than Stubbs.

Edited slightly, had Lennons draws/losses the wrong way about.

danhibees1875
23-10-2017, 08:00 PM

31 wins
6 losses
10 draws

16 wins
6 draws
9 losses

Is Lennons record

Now obviously Lennons record away from home is better and I'm happy with him as our manager but he hasn't really done better than Stubbs.

Lennon just has to win his games in hand.

Firestarter
23-10-2017, 08:01 PM

31 wins
6 losses
10 draws

16 wins
6 draws
9 losses

Is Lennons record

I'm with you.

GreenNWhiteArmy
23-10-2017, 08:05 PM
A thread on Dundee United has descended in to who's the better manager of hibs 😂😂

The sacking of MacKinnon is harsh imo

I'd take Stubbs back if/when Lennon leaves

Billy Whizz
24-10-2017, 02:18 PM
That’s his sacking been confirmed
Shocking that this game out on Sunday, but only announced today

Hibernia&Alba
24-10-2017, 02:26 PM
That’s his sacking been confirmed
Shocking that this game out on Sunday, but only announced today

Absolutely. It's been handled very unprofessionally.

Johnny Clash
24-10-2017, 02:42 PM
What on earth are you on about? :faf:

I prefer Stubbs to Lennon on a personal level. He also gave me the best day I'll ever have as a Hibs supporter. I also happen to think he'd also have gotten us promoted last season.

Doesn't mean I don't want Lennon to do well. The sycophancy towards NL on here is incredible sometimes.

If you know them both personally then I suppose you have an advantage over many of us. I don’t know either of them but with what I see in media and read in papers it would appear NL has more passion about Hibs and gets our vibe. I still rate Stubbsy but I believe we ended up better off after Stubbsy chose to exit Hibs.

jacomo
24-10-2017, 02:46 PM
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41739517

Didn't realise he was a Dundee Utd fan.

Currently in 4th place, 5 points off the top. Seems a ridiculous decision to me - so many points still to play for.

pacoluna
24-10-2017, 03:01 PM
A thread on Dundee United has descended in to who's the better manager of hibs ����

I'd take Stubbs back if/when Lennon leaves

yup until he jumps ship at the first chance again perhaps burton or Accrington Stanley this time around.

IWasThere2016
24-10-2017, 04:11 PM

I think the sacking is panic-laden. Dumbarton/St Mirren/Brechin .. 3 wins and they are back in it.