PDA

View Full Version : Playing in our Second Kit Yesterday

greenginger
22-10-2017, 09:03 AM
I don't know if its been mentioned elsewhere, but why were we forced to change our kit yesterday.

League Cup rule 4.18 states the first club out the hat in a semi is the " home club "

Rule 7.4 states in a clash of colours the away team must play in its second or third choice strip.

https://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__leaguecupregulations201730june_1499765115 .pdf

I doubt it was our choice to change, so presume it was forced on us by the League rule makers.

Keith_M
22-10-2017, 09:06 AM
Ehm, I don't know if you noticed but Celtc were also in their change strip

:greengrin

easty
22-10-2017, 09:09 AM
Dunno why Celtc are allowed to have 3 green kits.

What if next season we have green home and away kits? Will the away team have to go skins?

weecounty hibby
22-10-2017, 09:13 AM
Yip against something that we discussed yesterday. The rules around Celtic seem to be different than anyone else. 1st strip green, 2nd strip green, 3rd strip green. How the **** do they get away with that? The only clash they MIGHT ever have is against us and they are allowed to have a change from green to erm green!?!? Also is a strip that is mostly white with a bit or green really a clash with our mostly green? It never used to be

greenginger
22-10-2017, 09:15 AM
Dunno why Celtc are allowed to have 3 green kits.

What if next season we have green home and away kits? Will the away team have to go skins?

That's the point I was making.

What is the point of having change kits if they are all the same colur ?

Does anybody think UEFA will order Sporting Lisbon or Real Betis to change their home kit just to suit that lot , should they meet in the Europa-Cup ?

Bishop Hibee
22-10-2017, 09:19 AM
Celtc have developed a sense of entitlement that makes them think they can do what they want. They are the establishment now. Is there any rule about away strip colours? If not this shows their should be.

macca70
22-10-2017, 09:21 AM
It’s a sign of complete arrogance and them saying they can do what they want cause the SFA won’t do anything about it.

We must wear our home kit against them when we are at home, it’s just the principal. They think they can rock up at ER and insist we wear our change/away strip.

Hibernia&Alba
22-10-2017, 09:24 AM
If we are the home team and they don't have any other colour but green, I think they should have to play in OUR away kit. That's happened a couple of times in the past: the referee has told the away team to change, due to a clash, only to find the away kit also the clashes. The away team has then played in the away strip of the home side. Make them do it.

GreenNWhiteArmy
22-10-2017, 09:26 AM
It’s a sign of complete arrogance and them saying they can do what they want cause the SFA won’t do anything about it.

We must wear our home kit against them when we are at home, it’s just the principal. They think they can rock up at ER and insist we wear our change/away strip.

Agreed

Pete
22-10-2017, 09:27 AM
We’re living in a country that gives two teams their own “preferred” end st a neutral venue so they’re going to be allowed to do what they like when it comes to kits. Everyone else will have to adapt to suit them.

Hibernia&Alba
22-10-2017, 09:28 AM
We’re living in a country that gives two teams their own “preferred” end st a neutral venue so they’re going to be allowed to do what they like when it comes to kits. Everyone else will have to adapt to suit them.

True. That really is a terrible state of affairs.

Sir David Gray
22-10-2017, 10:02 AM
No club should be allowed to make 3 different strips the same colour, what a ridiculous state of affairs.

It might not be a huge deal in the grand scheme of things but just like the issue of Rangers and Celtic always getting "their" end at Hampden it's a symptom of the way that the pair of them get preferential treatment and a point of annoyance from supporters of every other club.

Most clubs only produce two strips each season which would be bad enough to have both as the same colour. To actually bring out a 3rd strip and have that as the same colour as the other two is just taking the piss.

Pete
22-10-2017, 10:07 AM
If we are the home team and they don't have any other colour but green, I think they should have to play in OUR away kit. That's happened a couple of times in the past: the referee has told the away team to change, due to a clash, only to find the away kit also the clashes. The away team has then played in the away strip of the home side. Make them do it.

Totally agree. This situation will happen so it’s time to put our foot down and take the field in our home kit regardless.

Tell them to delay the match while they go to sports direct and but Liverpool or Barcelona kits or something.

Sir David Gray
22-10-2017, 10:12 AM
Totally agree. This situation will happen so it’s time to put our foot down and take the field in our home kit regardless.

Tell them to delay the match while they go to sports direct and but Liverpool or Barcelona kits or something.

Judging by the number of Catalan flags in their end yesterday and the Liverpool song they were singing at the end, I'm sure they'll be able to draw on the special relationship they have with both clubs to get a discount on either strip.

It's usually cheaper if you buy in bulk as well.

Pete
22-10-2017, 10:19 AM
Judging by the number of Catalan flags in their end yesterday and the Liverpool song they were singing at the end, I'm sure they'll be able to draw on the special relationship they have with both clubs to get a discount on either strip.

It's usually cheaper if you buy in bulk as well.

They have a whole lot of clubs that they want to like them and scarf swap with. They’re that thick they’d probably Betis.

greenlex
22-10-2017, 10:43 AM
Ridiculous. Both Home strips do not clash. Never have and never will.

Johnny Clash
22-10-2017, 11:20 AM
Anyone on here ever played for a team wearing a black kit?

I just wondered if there was any difference noticing your fellow players making runs etc compared to lighter colours.

I was at game yesterday and the Celtc strip definitely stood out more. So if you’re trying to find a team mate with a hurried pass - seems better to have a bright strip?

Don’t get me wrong - in terms of looks - Hibs strip won hands down!

J-C
22-10-2017, 11:20 AM
What hapoens when we play them at ER, will we be forced to play in our away kit at HOME? Celtics kit yesterday was a pale lime green and would not clash with Hibs home strip, all piece of nonsense.

cad
22-10-2017, 12:14 PM
Biggest load of bollocks ever it has all the hallmarks of another Regan and Doncaster thunderfluck sales of 2nd 3rd & Euro kits FFS just play in our football clubs colours isnt not hard it takes us 10 years to get the correct shade of green as well , this it clashes ,the home team wears whatever,honestly they would change black and white does my heid in.
Why cant Hibernian Football Club play in green and a Celtic play in green and white hoops its ridiculous ,are these 4k UHD OLED TV`s not worth a sook Hibs in Black them in Lime aye its the way forward right enough , utter pish :grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

Halmyre Hibee
22-10-2017, 12:23 PM
Our strip is unique and in my opinion the best in the world.

No need for us to change against anyone.

Never a need for Hibs V Celtic to change their strips.

Can always change shorts / socks to white or green respectively.

NAE NOOKIE
22-10-2017, 12:30 PM
Ridiculous. Both Home strips do not clash. Never have and never will.

Its true, Hibs have played Celtic many many times with both clubs in their home kit and it was never a problem.

It is without doubt a sign of Celtic's growing arrogance and the SFA / SPFL's willingness to cow tow to it that they have produced two away strips both in a colour that will clash with the only club in Scotland they actually might have to change against.

Hibs have been pretty good at hitting back with a twist of humour lately, the retort to BT being a case in point. The simple answer to this latest example of our club being treated like an afterthought is quite simple ..... next seasons away kit simply has to be green and white hoops, that bloody strip belongs to us anyway :greengrin We could edge the hoops with a thin purple outline to avoid any copyright issues should they exist.

Sir David Gray
22-10-2017, 12:39 PM
What hapoens when we play them at ER, will we be forced to play in our away kit at HOME? Celtics kit yesterday was a pale lime green and would not clash with Hibs home strip, all piece of nonsense.

We will need to play in our black kit in every game against them this season.

ancient hibee
22-10-2017, 01:14 PM
Absolutely no need for either team to change.We played each other for over 100 years in our normal strips without any problem.