Any news on Ambrose injury. He looked pretty crocked coming off

He played the second half.

Ardenttwo
22-10-2017, 11:02 AM
He played the second half.

Yes but was limping coming off at the end

Wheat Hound
22-10-2017, 11:44 AM
Him and Hanlon improving as a pairing. The goals lost yesterday were errors by others

Heisenberg
22-10-2017, 12:23 PM
Thought he was very good yesterday. Certainly as good as Hanlon who has been getting all sorts of praise. Well done, Efe.

tamig
22-10-2017, 12:27 PM
Was surprised to see him back out after half time but he seemed fine during the second half. Maybe some stiffness setting in at the end and hopefully he’ll be good for Tuesday. Hanlon and Ambrose do look like they’re building a decent understanding now.

Smartie
22-10-2017, 04:39 PM
2 good games in a row for both Ambrose and Hanlon.

I can't quite work out how none of our defenders are playing badly (some of them are playing very well) yet we're losing loads of silly, avoidable goals.

JimBHibees
22-10-2017, 04:50 PM
Thought he was excellent yesterday. Best game for Hibs imo.

CMurdoch
22-10-2017, 07:53 PM
Ambrose and Hanlon were excellent yesterday.
We are losing goals because markers are losing their players at set pieces and our goalkeepers have been making errors.
Could do with winning on Tuesday to get us back into the Top 6.

Firestarter
22-10-2017, 07:54 PM
Ambrose and Hanlon were excellent yesterday.
We are losing goals because markers are losing their players at set pieces and our goalkeepers have been making errors.
Could do with winning on Tuesday to get us back into the Top 6.

Apart from Aberdeen last week?

JimboHibs
22-10-2017, 08:29 PM
Doesn't his deal run out in January ? He was excellent yesterday.

Callum_62
22-10-2017, 08:29 PM
Doesn't his deal run out in January ? He was excellent yesterday.

signed a 2 year deal

JimboHibs
22-10-2017, 08:31 PM
signed a 2 year deal

Excellent.

Carheenlea
22-10-2017, 08:32 PM
You still hear fans expressing a bit of anxiety when he has the ball, but for all he came with a reputation for major clangers, he has done nothing really to justify such talk. Been a consistent solid performer, and while he does take chances at times in dangerous areas, he more than has the skill to do so. Top quality player who we are pretty fortunate to be able to have. Don't think he would be here without Lennon as manager.

JimboHibs
22-10-2017, 08:34 PM
He's got the best goal celebration of all the players wouldn't mind seeing it on Tuesday.

heretoday
22-10-2017, 09:29 PM
Efe is the classiest guy we have. At the moment I look forward to him getting the ball. Same with Boyle. Unfortunately his "effortless"style leads to mistakes. I'm minded of John Blackley in that regard. He looked world class strolling about at times but occasionally he'd be caught napping and he wasn't the fastest at recovering.

SRHibs
22-10-2017, 09:33 PM
Efe is the classiest guy we have. At the moment I look forward to him getting the ball. Same with Boyle. Unfortunately his "effortless"style leads to mistakes. I'm minded of John Blackley in that regard. He looked world class strolling about at times but occasionally he'd be caught napping and he wasn't the fastest at recovering.

Vs Aberdeen was the first time I saw Efe drop the laidback style and have a bit of urgency. Was epitomised by him shoving Christie as he was getting subbed and slowly walking off the park. One of the first names on the team sheet for me. Great, entertaining player.

davhibby
22-10-2017, 09:37 PM
Him and Hanlon have both been brilliant recently, forming a good partnership which didn't look like it was working at first.

Ken
22-10-2017, 09:41 PM
Ambrose is a class act and one of the most composed players I've seen playing at the back since Sauzee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CorrieHibs
23-10-2017, 01:21 PM
Did anyone think Lustig was lucky to stay on the park? Clear studs showing.

He's lucky big Efe is made of strong stuff.

Thought Efe and Hanlon were both excellent on Saturday.

snooky
29-11-2017, 01:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5OuuHLxTyo

Anybody pick up on this last month or is it just BS??

Michael
29-11-2017, 01:21 PM

What is it? Can't watch it.

Peevemor
29-11-2017, 01:24 PM

He gave an interview saying that he's happy at Hibs and would like to play for his country again. I don't see why it would be BS.

snooky
29-11-2017, 01:26 PM
What is it? Can't watch it.

(I'm wondering if he may bail oot before the end of the season in prep for the WC.)

Hibernian’s Efe Ambrose eyes Super Eagles return
Hibernian’s Efe Ambrose has revealed his desire to play for Nigeria ahead of next year’s World Cup. The defender stopped receiving invites after his career took a downward slope, and was considered surplus to requirement at Celtic. In the winter transfer window, after work permit stood in his way of securing a temporary move to English Championship side, Blackburn Rovers, the 28-year-old opted against fighting for a place in Brendan Rodgers’ squad by sealing an emergency loan deal to Hibs - one that has since been made permanent after he helped them to the Championship title and a return to the Scottish topflight. Ambrose who has 51 caps and was part of the Super Eagles' team to the World Cup 2014 in Brazil is now keen on a call-up to Gernot Rohr’s squad. “I was ruled out of active football for eight months and staging a comeback with the Super Eagles was the least on my mind,” Ambrose told Edinburgh News. “Life was difficult in that time not playing football. I had offers from other UK clubs but I was waiting for the right one to come. It was that bad I could not get a work permit to join Blackburn when the offer came. “Then Neil Lennon put a call straight to me that he would like me to join him at Hibs,” he continued. Read This Sporting News “He told me that coming to Hibs would help me resurrect my career. I never knew it was a blessing in disguise, winning the Championship trophy and then returning to the top division. “I have always loved to play for my country and that has not changed. All that matters is the success of the team irrespective of who plays and who doesn’t. I will keep working hard and hope my opportunity comes.”

MyJo
29-11-2017, 01:37 PM
(I'm wondering if he may bail oot before the end of the season in prep for the WC.)

Hibernian’s Efe Ambrose eyes Super Eagles return
Hibernian’s Efe Ambrose has revealed his desire to play for Nigeria ahead of next year’s World Cup. The defender stopped receiving invites after his career took a downward slope, and was considered surplus to requirement at Celtic. In the winter transfer window, after work permit stood in his way of securing a temporary move to English Championship side, Blackburn Rovers, the 28-year-old opted against fighting for a place in Brendan Rodgers’ squad by sealing an emergency loan deal to Hibs - one that has since been made permanent after he helped them to the Championship title and a return to the Scottish topflight. Ambrose who has 51 caps and was part of the Super Eagles' team to the World Cup 2014 in Brazil is now keen on a call-up to Gernot Rohr’s squad. “I was ruled out of active football for eight months and staging a comeback with the Super Eagles was the least on my mind,” Ambrose told Edinburgh News. “Life was difficult in that time not playing football. I had offers from other UK clubs but I was waiting for the right one to come. It was that bad I could not get a work permit to join Blackburn when the offer came. “Then Neil Lennon put a call straight to me that he would like me to join him at Hibs,” he continued. Read This Sporting News “He told me that coming to Hibs would help me resurrect my career. I never knew it was a blessing in disguise, winning the Championship trophy and then returning to the top division. “I have always loved to play for my country and that has not changed. All that matters is the success of the team irrespective of who plays and who doesn’t. I will keep working hard and hope my opportunity comes.”

I don't think he is saying that he wants to move, more like he is dissapointed that the lack of games he got at celtic and the breakdown of the move to blackburn has cost him his place in the international team.

If he wants to get back into the squad then he is going the right way about it. He is playing every week and playing well the majority of the time.

If he fancies moving somewhere else before the end of the season then he is going to face the same problems that he did with Blackburn with work permits and he is contracted for another season after this one so will need a transfer fee to sign him.

Souter96Mac
29-11-2017, 01:40 PM
I don't think he is saying that he wants to move, more like he is dissapointed that the lack of games he got at celtic and the breakdown of the move to blackburn has cost him his place in the international team.

If he wants to get back into the squad then he is going the right way about it. He is playing every week and playing well the majority of the time.

If he fancies moving somewhere else before the end of the season then he is going to face the same problems that he did with Blackburn with work permits and he is contracted for another season after this one so will need a transfer fee to sign him.

Does he not gain his work permit after the new year? Think I heard that somewhere but could be wrong

MyJo
29-11-2017, 01:47 PM
Does he not gain his work permit after the new year? Think I heard that somewhere but could be wrong

I think he qualifies for residency next year at somepoint which means that he wouldn't require a work permit to play within the UK, if that is before the end of january or not i have no idea.

J-C
29-11-2017, 03:35 PM

I think he qualifies for residency next year at somepoint which means that he wouldn't require a work permit to play within the UK, if that is before the end of january or not i have no idea.

Pretty sure his 5 years are up or will be up come January, he joined Celtic July 2012.