PDA

View Full Version : Highlights

zitelli62
22-10-2017, 12:23 AM
Anyone when any highlights are available?

Unseen work
22-10-2017, 12:25 AM
Up on Hibs tv now.

Onceinawhile
22-10-2017, 12:36 AM
On BBC since midnight.

zitelli62
22-10-2017, 01:09 AM
Cheers

Hi Heid Yin
22-10-2017, 01:10 AM
What came across loud and clear was how much we stood off Celtic and allowed them to dictate the ball in and around our area, especially in the 1st half. It really was schoolboy stuff.
There was no hassling or closing-down the Celtic man in possession. We appeared afraid and in awe of them, which is a mental thing. This was classic Jekkyl and Hyde Hibs, which Lennon has referred to previously.

greenlex
22-10-2017, 04:21 PM
What came across loud and clear was how much we stood off Celtic and allowed them to dictate the ball in and around our area, especially in the 1st half. It really was schoolboy stuff.
There was no hassling or closing-down the Celtic man in possession. We appeared afraid and in awe of them, which is a mental thing. This was classic Jekkyl and Hyde Hibs, which Lennon has referred to previously.
We did nothing of the sort. Celtic has plenty of the ball but it was nowhere near in or around our box. They had two shots on target in the first half and two goals . In fact when they scored their third it was three from three. They had the ball but it wasn’t in dangerous positions. That only changed after the changes that had to be made as we chased the game. I sometimes wonder what some fans actually watch. We defend two crosses into the box better and we could have won that. That’s the size of it. Nothing to do with sitting off them. Until we were chasing the game they were not hurting us. Nowhere near it.

xyz23jc
22-10-2017, 05:47 PM
On BBC since midnight.

Nah!

calumhibee1
22-10-2017, 06:09 PM
We did nothing of the sort. Celtic has plenty of the ball but it was nowhere near in or around our box. They had two ****s on target in the first half and two goals . In fact when they scored their third it was three from three. They had the ball but it wasn’t in dangerous positions. That only changed after the changes that had t be made as we chased the game. I sometimes wonder what some fans actually watch. We defend two crosses into the box better and we could have won that. That’s the size of it. Nothing to do with sitting off them. Until we were chasing the game they were nit hurting us. Nowhere near it.

Agree 100%. Laidlaw didn’t have a save to make first half and we were possibly even the better team second half.

Wee Effen Bee
22-10-2017, 06:27 PM
We did nothing of the sort. Celtic has plenty of the ball but it was nowhere near in or around our box. They had two ****s on target in the first half and two goals . In fact when they scored their third it was three from three. They had the ball but it wasn’t in dangerous positions. That only changed after the changes that had t be made as we chased the game. I sometimes wonder what some fans actually watch. We defend two crosses into the box better and we could have won that. That’s the size of it. Nothing to do with sitting off them. Until we were chasing the game they were nit hurting us. Nowhere near it.

Have to agree with this, I have read a lot of kak on this site - most of it from tv fans. The fans beside me at the game felt it was a good team performance: second half better than first. I’m not sure how well the team that finished would fare throughout the season. Many of us liked the starting 11 and thought it more prudent than trying to go gung-ho against Celtic from the start.

blackpoolhibs
22-10-2017, 06:40 PM

You have not seen the game yet have you?

Hi Heid Yin
22-10-2017, 06:59 PM

I was not at the game and will defer to those who actually attended, but the highlights showed some of our players standing off, ball watching and not picking up men - I did not state for the whole game, but key parts of it.
There is definitely something amiss in our back line, when we have undoubted quality individuals, but are leaking soft goals and chasing deficits for the bulk of our games.

Hi Heid Yin
22-10-2017, 07:07 PM
You have not seen the game yet have you?

I concede that I was not there, but saw sufficient evidence in the highlights for me to comment on players standing-off. This led to soft goals being conceded. To be fair to our boys they did not stand-off for the entire game, but enough times for Celtic to score easily. Definitely individual errors were made - which has become a pattern in most of our games this season.

ancient hibee
22-10-2017, 07:15 PM
None of the goals came from Hibs players standing off at all.Bad marking yes.Hibs let them have the ball where they were doing no damage and tried to conserve energy.Had we gone in only one down it was a very different game.As it was Oli Shaw was inches away from equalising when he threw himself at a cross.

Hi Heid Yin
22-10-2017, 07:19 PM
None of the goals came from Hibs players standing off at all.Bad marking yes.Hibs let them have the ball where they were doing no damage and tried to conserve energy.Had we gone in only one down it was a very different game.As it was Oli Shaw was inches away from equalising when he threw himself at a cross.

This is what makes the game so controversial, when different eyes see different things during a game.

noz
22-10-2017, 07:23 PM
On BBC since midnight.

Whats the programme called, I cant find it on tv?

B.H.F.C
22-10-2017, 07:28 PM

See I think that is where the problem lies for some. If we had picked up players better in the box. If it had only been 1 nil at half time. If Shaw had reached the cross you mention. It didn't happen and we can't claim the game plan worked because we were two down at half time with too much to do.

We only looked like doing anything ourselves once the changes were made at HT. I think the second goal forced us in to making those changes, its debatable whether Lennon would have done that as early had it remained 1 nil.

hibbysam
22-10-2017, 07:29 PM

Exactly, Lennon had his tactics set out so that we didn’t chase Celtic up the park, otherwise they would have cut us open at will. We sat in, gave them the ball where it didn’t matter, and then pounced on mistakes and broke. Unfortunately Slivka’s poor clearance, Barker switching off, and Laidlaw losing his hands for the first, and Gray switching off and Laidlaw having poppadoms as hands for the second had us 2-0 down.

Hermit Crab
23-10-2017, 12:12 AM
Just watched the goals for the first time since seeing them at the game, how the flag never went up for the fourth is beyond me, Sinclair clearly goes for the ball. All four goals are so soft and that is something we need to stop, you don't mind and can't complain about conceding the well worked moves that completely rip us apart or the 30yd screamer but none of celtics goals were a result of good play yesterday.