PDA

View Full Version : Scott Brown

Hibby soldier
21-10-2017, 08:45 PM
Celtics weaklink in Europe the guy is sh ite and hope stays away from easter rd........

Sammy7nil
21-10-2017, 08:47 PM
Good well thought out thread

The_Horde
21-10-2017, 08:47 PM
Don't know what game you were watching. Brown controls it all. Smart player.

MWHIBBIES
21-10-2017, 08:49 PM
Brown is a clever player, wasn't at his best but still in control for decent chucks of the game. Tool of a person who I don't really want back at Easter Road, ever.

BSEJVT
21-10-2017, 08:50 PM
Everything they do goes through Brown

He breaks the play up for them, keeps the ball moving and is always available to take a pass.

Other than that it is exactly as you say:greengrin

lord bunberry
21-10-2017, 08:51 PM
Celtics weaklink in Europe the guy is sh ite and hope stays away from easter rd........

Meanwhile back in the real world.....

BoomtownHibees
21-10-2017, 08:53 PM
Wish someone would kick him. Hard

SideBurns
21-10-2017, 08:54 PM
Brown has been deemed good enough to be Celtic captain by successive managers. He was a terrific young player at Hibs. I'd be interested to hear the evidence which points towards him being "a tool of a person".

Sammy7nil
21-10-2017, 08:54 PM
Wish someone would kick him. Hard

Who Broon or the original poster :greengrin

BoomtownHibees
21-10-2017, 08:56 PM
Who Broon or the original poster :greengrin

Both 😉

Pretty Boy
21-10-2017, 08:56 PM
Brown was superb today, certainly in the 1st half.

Hibs tried to close down his space but he makes room for himself. Everything they do goes through him. He was also the only Celtic player who looked close to the level required against Bayern in midweek as well.

I'm not too keen on him but he's a hell of a football player.

IGRIGI
21-10-2017, 08:57 PM
Felt we gave him far too much time on the ball in the first half, really needed to be pressing him more.

Mibbes Aye
Brown is a clever player, wasn't at his best but still in control for decent chucks of the game. Tool of a person who I don't really want back at Easter Road, ever.

Everything they do goes through Brown

He breaks the play up for them, keeps the ball moving and is always available to take a pass.

Other than that it is exactly as you say:greengrin

When he left us I hoped he would go down south, rather than along the M8 but in fairness he has evolved into a role with Celtc and you can see the benefit to him of playing in Europe regularly.

He's a skilled player who could walk into any SPL team.

Still the nagging doubt about how it would have turned out had he gone to Reading or Spurs, who were the mooted suitors at the time IIRC.

weecounty hibby
Some of the criticism of him is mental. I heard folk shouting about getting close to him and how we allowed him to stroll about. Guess what he does it every week in SPL, he also does it for Scotland and against the weaker teams in Europe. Class act who dominates every game for celtic. He does get away with murder at times from referees though

Pretty Boy
21-10-2017, 09:00 PM
When he left us I hoped he would go down south, rather than along the M8 but in fairness he has evolved into a role with Celtc and you can see the benefit to him of playing in Europe regularly.

He's a skilled player who could walk into any SPL team.

Still the nagging doubt about how it would have turned out had he gone to Reading or Spurs, who were the mooted suitors at the time IIRC.

Speaking about this on the bus today.

No doubt Brown has had a great career but I really would have liked to see him test himself at the next level. I genuinely think he could have played for a top 6-8 team in England.

WHAM
21-10-2017, 09:01 PM
Felt we gave him far too much time on the ball in the first half, really needed to be pressing him more.

I think it's a case of easier said than done. I would have loved a Hibs player to have put a marker down on him early doors but I can't really remember him ever being dominated in a game (especially up here anyway). Shows the class of player he is.

emerald green
21-10-2017, 09:03 PM
Just because Brown used toplay for Hibs doesn't mean I have to like him as a footballer. I don't. He gets away with a lot more than many other players. Nothing to do with being captain of Sellick of course.

highland hibbee
21-10-2017, 09:07 PM

Just a poor Marvin Bartley!!!
wish Big Marvs distribution was as good as Broons.
would have liked to see SJM playing right in his face, because that's what SB did as a young player to opposition ( more experienced ) players.
at the end of the day we got £4m for him, personally would have liked to see him push on at the high end in England, but ultimately why should he give two flying #ucks as to what I or anyone else thinks. He's had some career.
but Mickel Lustig is a total welt

Mibbes Aye
21-10-2017, 09:20 PM
Speaking about this on the bus today.

No doubt Brown has had a great career but I really would have liked to see him test himself at the next level. I genuinely think he could have played for a top 6-8 team in England.

This is the frustration. I think he would have thrived with a move down south to a club who weren't necessarily competing for a CL place. He's the kind of player whose game lifts to match those around him. Having proved himself at that level then you could easily see him securing a move to a top six club or even abroad, to a really decent team, on the basis that he has very good technique.

Paul Lambert and Steve McManaman won European Cup winner's medals by being the right player at the right time in very, very good sides. Genuinely think Scott Brown could potentially have managed the same, albeit you just never know with football.

Hi Heid Yin
21-10-2017, 09:24 PM
Brown is where McGinn could be if he would up his game in every game and not just at Parkhead whilst in the spotlight. Brown's driving runs are etched in my mind forever, who can forget the part he played in Ivan's treble at Ibrox for example.
John McGinn should be delivering at a higher level in practically every game and I find it frustrating that he does not drive at opposition defences far more often. His lack of goals for such a dynamic player is also a concern. He should be in at least double figures every season.
If McGinn would up his game and perform to a consistent high standard then we would easily have a £10 million player on our hands, but he is worth, at present, well below this valuation.
Don't get me wrong. I'm so glad to have him in our engine room, and feel that he has made the difference to the outcome of more than one match, but his default is to play within himself for the majority of games. I'm sure that Neil Lennon also sees McGinns present limitations and will be a little frustrated, knowing JM's abilities, that his star man is not a stand out in the majority of games. I guess he is still a work in progress and thus so many other managers covet him with that potential in mind.

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-10-2017, 09:28 PM
Very accomplished player. Perhaps at Celtc he has had to play under instructions because for me at least I don't see the player that he was for us. The 0-3 Sproule game being the best example of running almost the whole length of the park with the ball.

calumhibee1
21-10-2017, 09:58 PM
This is the frustration. I think he would have thrived with a move down south to a club who weren't necessarily competing for a CL place. He's the kind of player whose game lifts to match those around him. Having proved himself at that level then you could easily see him securing a move to a top six club or even abroad, to a really decent team, on the basis that he has very good technique.

Paul Lambert and Steve McManaman won European Cup winner's medals by being the right player at the right time in very, very good sides. Genuinely think Scott Brown could potentially have managed the same, albeit you just never know with football.

I've got to say, 10 years ago when we lost a lot of players to the OF I used to not be able to get my head round such good players taking what I thought was the easy way out.

Nowadays however, I'll admit, I can see why they do it. Scott Brown is going to retire having lifted god knows how many trophies as captain, earning probably the same amount of money he would have been had he went down south (at least he would have been until the last few years where the money has went crazy) and played significant amounts of Champions League games. If he'd went down South to say Everton or something, he'd have played Europa League games, never won any trophies and all he'd have to look back on would be the fact he played a few run of the mill league games at places like Old Trafford and The Emirates. Instead he's looking at having played in big European games at the Nou Camp, Allianz Arena etc as captain and will have about 20 medals to look back on. As much as it pains me to say it, I think as a professional footballer Celtic is a very attractive proposition.

HillaryBriss
21-10-2017, 10:16 PM
Brown was superb today, certainly in the 1st half.

Hibs tried to close down his space but he makes room for himself. Everything they do goes through him. He was also the only Celtic player who looked close to the level required against Bayern in midweek as well.

I'm not too keen on him but he's a hell of a football player.

Brown must be one of the most overrated player in recent times. He stands in the tunnel stretching his neck, surely after watching his hero Roy Keane do the same !
The big difference is, Keane is everything Brown wants to be. Brown never drives himself or his gutter team forward, he never beats a man or passes a pass to split a defence, his passes are usually backwards or sideways !!! Most supporters of other teams despise Brown, are you a closet Tic fan ????

Pretty Boy
21-10-2017, 10:19 PM
Brown must be one of the most overrated player in recent times. He stands in the tunnel stretching his neck, surely after watching his hero Roy Keane do the same !
The big difference is, Keane is everything Brown wants to be. Brown never drives himself or his gutter team forward, he never beats a man or passes a pass to split a defence, his passes are usually backwards or sideways !!! Most supporters of other teams despise Brown, are you a closet Tic fan ????Oh no I've been rumbled.

Yes, after 30 years living deep undercover I'll come clean and admit I'm actually a Celtic fan.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Shrekko
21-10-2017, 10:23 PM
Brown is where McGinn could be if he would up his game in every game and not just at Parkhead whilst in the spotlight. Brown's driving runs are etched in my mind forever, who can forget the part he played in Ivan's treble at Ibrox for example.
John McGinn should be delivering at a higher level in practically every game and I find it frustrating that he does not drive at opposition defences far more often. His lack of goals for such a dynamic player is also a concern. He should be in at least double figures every season.
If McGinn would up his game and perform to a consistent high standard then we would easily have a £10 million player on our hands, but he is worth, at present, well below this valuation.
Don't get me wrong. I'm so glad to have him in our engine room, and feel that he has made the difference to the outcome of more than one match, but his default is to play within himself for the majority of games. I'm sure that Neil Lennon also sees McGinns present limitations and will be a little frustrated, knowing JM's abilities, that his star man is not a stand out in the majority of games. I guess he is still a work in progress and thus so many other managers covet him with that potential in mind.

Scott Brown is a terrific player but some Hibs fans seem to have hazy memories about him supposedly being incredible every week when he was a boy at Hibs. He had some great games, but plenty of patchy ones and he did some really stupid things at times.

I think he should have played at a higher level but he loves being a big fish in a very small pond.

Spike Mandela
21-10-2017, 11:04 PM
Brown and McGinn both had fantastic games in midfield today and I sense a sort of mutual respect.

Hibs should be proud of their part in the development of these fantastic players.

Roxyhibee
21-10-2017, 11:16 PM
The big difference is, Keane is everything Brown wants to be. Brown never drives himself or his gutter team forward, he never beats a man or passes a pass to split a defence, his passes are usually backwards or sideways !!! Most supporters of other teams despise Brown, are you a closet Tic fan ????

You sound a bit wrecklessly emotional tonight - and that's ok, I feel a bit like that too. I even understand why you dislike Brown, because I do too and wanted someone to go straight through him today and hurt him - but that would have done us even more damage.! But I don't accept you calling that PB guy a Tic fan.

Not sure why we are even discussing Scott Brown but to throw my tuppence worth in here, he was always going to be the one who made it to the highest level from the 'golden generation' (although Deek had easily the most talent). Scott Brown was a brilliant, brilliant young player at Hibs with a big on the field attitude and he still is a major force in the game today - and in the game, today.!

He was constantly involved in the playmaking when they were driving forward or defending and all their players look for him when they have the ball. He will rightly be recognised as one of the very best players in Scottish football in the last 10/15 years when he retires. Hope he comes back to ER for his last year or two.

But, he wasn't MOTM today - that belonged to McGeouch. What a player that boy is. Please stay fit Dylan..

cabbageandribs1875
21-10-2017, 11:19 PM

don't talk sh***, would love him back at ER

Steve20
21-10-2017, 11:27 PM
Overrated player. Don't get the love in with him on here either. His behaviour with his pal Thomson under Collins was a disgrace. Handing in a transfer request in the dressing room right after a game showed how little respect he had for Hibs.

Pete
21-10-2017, 11:31 PM
Those who don’t want to see him back at Easter Road had better give the derby a miss.

He’ll probably be there cheering us on to victory 😂

jacomo
21-10-2017, 11:32 PM
You sound a bit wrecklessly emotional tonight - and that's ok, I feel a bit like that too. I even understand why you dislike Brown, because I do too and wanted someone to go straight through him today and hurt him - but that would have done us even more damage.! But I don't accept you calling that PB guy a Tic fan.

Not sure why we are even discussing Scott Brown but to throw my tuppence worth in here, he was always going to be the one who made it to the highest level from the 'golden generation' (although Deek had easily the most talent). Scott Brown was a brilliant, brilliant young player at Hibs with a big on the field attitude and he still is a major force in the game today - and in the game, today.!

He was constantly involved in the playmaking when they were driving forward or defending and all their players look for him when they have the ball. He will rightly be recognised as one of the very best players in Scottish football in the last 10/15 years when he retires. Hope he comes back to ER for his last year or two.

But, he wasn't MOTM today - that belonged to McGeouch. What a player that boy is. Please stay fit Dylan..

:agree:

Great post. Although Fletcher was the one the coaches raved about the most iirc.

AK86
21-10-2017, 11:39 PM
The most over rated player in the history of football. His assault on Mcginn summed him up.
A legend in his own lunchtime. Wouldn't get a sniff of a game outside Scotland

California-Hibs
21-10-2017, 11:42 PM
The pish people talk about Brown be it for Scotland or Celtic is laughable and delusion. Still a great player and can be seen still watching at Easter Road from time to time.

Strolls games because of how clever he is on the park. Opening poster has had a few, surely..

TheGreenMan
21-10-2017, 11:42 PM
Brown and McGinn both had fantastic games in midfield today and I sense a sort of mutual respect.

Hibs should be proud of their part in the development of these fantastic players.

Was disappointed with McGinn today actually. Didnt think he had a good game at all, gave the ball away a lot and had only 1 driving run beyond where Brown fouled him. Celtic paid him more attention than at Parkhead as expected but Dylan was head and shoulders above everyone on the park today, an absolute class act.

Paisley Hibby
22-10-2017, 08:40 AM
Those who don’t want to see him back at Easter Road had better give the derby a miss.

He’ll probably be there cheering us on to victory 😂
And Kevin Thomson will be there too 😂

calumhibee1
22-10-2017, 08:42 AM
The pish people talk about Brown be it for Scotland or Celtic is laughable and delusion. Still a great player and can be seen still watching at Easter Road from time to time.

Strolls games because of how clever he is on the park. Opening poster has had a few, surely..

Agreed. Still one of if not the best midfielder in Scotland.

Hibernia&Alba
22-10-2017, 08:52 AM

Several levels of wow here. I hope that hangover isn't a killer :greengrin

Keith_M
22-10-2017, 08:57 AM
.....are you a closet Tic fan ????

Oh no I've been rumbled.

Yes, after 30 years living deep undercover I'll come clean and admit I'm actually a Celtic fan.

You know, I've suspected this for a while and glad you've finally been outed.

Now sod off back to Kerrydale St!!

:wink:

easty
22-10-2017, 09:06 AM
I thought he was prob Celtcs best player yesterday.

It's no by accident, or fluke, that he always seems to be in space for a pass, and he rarely gives the ball away.

HillaryBriss
22-10-2017, 09:13 AM
I must be watching a different player. Brown is bang average and was just about shown the door at Celtic a few years ago due to his inept performances. He's reinvented himself as some sort of hard man, endearing himself to the great unwashed.

blackpoolhibs
22-10-2017, 09:16 AM

You are right, all he does is stretch his neck, thats what gets him all those trophies and caps.

He'd stroll into every team in Scotland, a player i'd love to see at Easter Road again.

easty
22-10-2017, 09:17 AM
You are right, all he does is stretch his neck, thats what gets him all those trophies and caps.

He'd stroll into every team in Scotland, a player i'd love to see at Easter Road again.

Yep. We'd have a lot more points on the board if we had him this season.

bigwheel
22-10-2017, 09:18 AM
I must be watching a different player. Brown is bang average and was just about shown the door at Celtic a few years ago due to his inept performances. He's reinvented himself as some sort of hard man, endearing himself to the great unwashed.

I take it you didn't actually watch him yesterday? In my view, he was "head and shoulders " the best player on the park. I can only assume those who don't rate him haven't actually taken the time to watch him play..he is a top player

Sammy7nil
22-10-2017, 09:23 AM

I agree he would get in every team in Scotland but he would not be able to dictate games like he does with Celtic he gets so much time and space due to the quality players around him. You just have to look how he cannot deliver the same level of performance in Europe or at International level as the opposition is simply better.

bigwheel
22-10-2017, 09:30 AM
I agree he would get in every team in Scotland but he would not be able to dictate games like he does with Celtic he gets so much time and space due to the quality players around him. You just have to look how he cannot deliver the same level of performance in Europe or at International level as the opposition is simply better.

Can't agree with that Sammy..Brown has had some excellent performances in big games for Celtic in Europe and for Scotland. Not saying he is up there with the very best (who is up here??), but he has been an excellent footballer for our country and his club.

blackpoolhibs
22-10-2017, 09:31 AM

That is true, but for me he does look fitter than i have seen him in years, and he does not waste much and even for Scotland will find space and keep the ball moving on.

We need players like him in every team, we have Bartley who does similar, and as good as he is at it, he's not quite got the passing and close control that Brown still has.

And his game management is superb, he's not afraid to bring someone down when the need is there, i have noticed our players doing it a bit more, maybe the Lennon factor?

Allant1981
22-10-2017, 10:21 AM
I take it you didn't actually watch him yesterday? In my view, he was "head and shoulders " the best player on the park. I can only assume those who don't rate him haven't actually taken the time to watch him play..he is a top player

was he that much better than mcgeouch? probably more consistent but wouldnt say he was better yesterday

Baader
22-10-2017, 10:26 AM
Prefer McGeouch. Better repertoire of passes. And he was better than Brown yesterday.

Mibbes Aye
22-10-2017, 10:40 AM
I've got to say, 10 years ago when we lost a lot of players to the OF I used to not be able to get my head round such good players taking what I thought was the easy way out.

Nowadays however, I'll admit, I can see why they do it. Scott Brown is going to retire having lifted god knows how many trophies as captain, earning probably the same amount of money he would have been had he went down south (at least he would have been until the last few years where the money has went crazy) and played significant amounts of Champions League games. If he'd went down South to say Everton or something, he'd have played Europa League games, never won any trophies and all he'd have to look back on would be the fact he played a few run of the mill league games at places like Old Trafford and The Emirates. Instead he's looking at having played in big European games at the Nou Camp, Allianz Arena etc as captain and will have about 20 medals to look back on. As much as it pains me to say it, I think as a professional footballer Celtic is a very attractive proposition.

I get that. Fletcher is for me technically more gifted. He’s had time in the EPL and been up against the best defenders down there but he’s missed out on the big European games and missed out on silverware. It’s a tough call and ultimately I wouldn’t judge any young player for their decision. Having said that, by going to a middling EPL club you stand a far better chance of making it to a genuinely competitive English club. It’s obviously very tight margins but worth the risk.

HillaryBriss
22-10-2017, 10:41 AM
Prefer McGeouch. Better repertoire of passes. And he was better than Brown yesterday.

Correct, all be it, they are two different types of players. I'm not denying Brown is a good player, all I'm saying is the media and hype surrounding him, outweighs his ability as a footballer.

bigwheel
22-10-2017, 10:45 AM
was he that much better than mcgeouch? probably more consistent but wouldnt say he was better yesterday

McGeough was excellent yesterday too..and actually McGinn did well in the second half against him...I did think Brown was the MOM over the 90 mins

Firestarter
22-10-2017, 10:47 AM
Brown controlled and strolled through the game.

snooky
22-10-2017, 12:12 PM
Opinions, eh. :coffee:
The sublime to the ridiculous.

Earlydelivery
22-10-2017, 12:14 PM
Fabulous player for hibs .

gaz1875
22-10-2017, 12:25 PM
Brown controlled and strolled through the game.

I was obviously watching a different match, he never got close to Dylan McGeouch yesterday. And if we played at more pace instead of this monotonous slow build up play we have, he would have been playing on his own 18 yard box.

22-10-2017, 12:28 PM
Very good player. Absolutely the sort of player you want in you team, a ******* to play against because he'll get right up in your face but a player that will drive your midfield.

He could have made it down South, not sure why he didn't challenge himself and take the step up, maybe family or personal reasons I don't know but nevertheless he's had a good career. Would take him back at hibs but not for sentimental reasons, only if he's still good enough when he leaves celtic.

sambajustice
22-10-2017, 12:46 PM

What a very silly post.

Mikey
22-10-2017, 01:13 PM
Overrated player. Don't get the love in with him on here either. His behaviour with his pal Thomson under Collins was a disgrace. Handing in a transfer request in the dressing room right after a game showed how little respect he had for Hibs.

How much respect have you got for Hibs? You're never far away when there's a boot to be put in.

eaststandJJ
22-10-2017, 01:30 PM
Scott Brown was a superb player for Hibs in a side which was exciting to watch and brilliant on its day. However, he has left us a ling time ago, and the onus is on us to breed more players like him if not better. That is what the academy, youth set up and development team is for. As well as a fast, dynamic and aggressive central midfielder, i'd look for players all over the park who can grace and add to the quality of the first team.
So, here's to a bright future and a great team.

Pretty Boy
22-10-2017, 01:47 PM
There seems to be selective blindness in Scottish football when it comes to acknowledging Celtic and Rangers can have talented midfielders. Paul McStay was a very good player, Barry Ferguson was a very good player and Scott Brown is a very good player.

I'm not sure if people think calling good players crap makes them a better fan or whatever but it's a bit strange.

johnbc70
22-10-2017, 02:03 PM
Brown is a good player, but how many good games does he have against top international teams for Scotland or against teams in the Champions League? Sure he has had a few but his best games tend to be against Ross County, Motherwell, Dundee and the likes.

where'stheslope
22-10-2017, 02:49 PM

Sorry in advance!

If he went to any other team in Scotland other than Celtic or Rangers he would be sent off every other game, with his snide off the ball kicking and standing up to referees.

You see when you get unbiased referees in Europe he gets away with nothing?

I'm not saying he's not a good player, but he's a loose cannon, and in any other team colours he would be quickly found out!!!

Leith Green
22-10-2017, 04:01 PM
Personally cannot stand him .. He acts the hardman but in reality is a little pussy

IlDiavola
22-10-2017, 04:47 PM

:rolleyes:

Aye, he's *****.

:shhhsh!:

blackpoolhibs
22-10-2017, 06:53 PM
Sorry in advance!

If he went to any other team in Scotland other than Celtic or Rangers he would be sent off every other game, with his snide off the ball kicking and standing up to referees.

You see when you get unbiased referees in Europe he gets away with nothing?

I'm not saying he's not a good player, but he's a loose cannon, and in any other team colours he would be quickly found out!!!

How many times has he been sent off in Europe with these unbiased refs? I never knew he was only such a good player because he played for celtic, i wonder why they paid us so much money for him?

Firestarter
22-10-2017, 06:58 PM
I was obviously watching a different match, he never got close to Dylan McGeouch yesterday. And if we played at more pace instead of this monotonous slow build up play we have, he would have been playing on his own 18 yard box.

You obviously where. Brown controlled the tempo and his side beat Dylan's 4-2.

Johnny Clash
22-10-2017, 06:59 PM
He was a great player for us. Some of his driving runs were magnificent. He seemed to lose some of that when he went West but overall his game’s improved.

Firestarter
22-10-2017, 07:01 PM
Brown is a good player, but how many good games does he have against top international teams for Scotland or against teams in the Champions League? Sure he has had a few but his best games tend to be against Ross County, Motherwell, Dundee and the likes.

No they don't. He was our best player against England, Slovenia and Lithuania. Controlled the game as Celtic pumped the Belgian champions. His best games domestically come in the big games like yesterday, Rangers and Aberdeen. I would argue he's vastly underrated. And all the people slating his attitude must have forgotten his attitude at us when we absolutely loved the boy bar nobody.

Firestarter
22-10-2017, 07:03 PM
He was a great player for us. Some of his driving runs were magnificent. He seemed to lose some of that when he went West but overall his game’s improved.

Strachan changed his game which I disagreed with for a good few years afterwards but look at the career he's had, you can't argue with it.

One Day
22-10-2017, 09:21 PM
Just a poor Marvin Bartley!!!
wish Big Marvs distribution was as good as Broons.
would have liked to see SJM playing right in his face, because that's what SB did as a young player to opposition ( more experienced ) players.
at the end of the day we got £4m for him, personally would have liked to see him push on at the high end in England, but ultimately why should he give two flying #ucks as to what I or anyone else thinks. He's had some career.
but Mickel Lustig is a total welt

agreed

gaz1875
22-10-2017, 09:38 PM
You obviously where. Brown controlled the tempo and his side beat Dylan's 4-2.

His keeper never chucked 2 goals in the net. If you think standing in one spot all game is controlling the tempo I guess he did.

Badabing
22-10-2017, 09:47 PM
Hardly ever post on here but deary me if folk don't see what he offers they don't understand football. The game never passes him by and he nearly always influences the outcome of a game. He's one of those players that if he's playing for your team you love him if he ain't you don't. Unfortunately he doesn't play for us any more.

Bristolhibby
23-10-2017, 06:38 AM
Brown has been deemed good enough to be Celtic captain by successive managers. He was a terrific young player at Hibs. I'd be interested to hear the evidence which points towards him being "a tool of a person".

I think it was that sizeable chunk of his singing on fee that he donated to Hibs development squad.

Tool!

J

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2017, 06:43 AM
Hardly ever post on here but deary me if folk don't see what he offers they don't understand football. The game never passes him by and he nearly always influences the outcome of a game. He's one of those players that if he's playing for your team you love him if he ain't you don't. Unfortunately he doesn't play for us any more.

Yip, that just about sums it up. :top marks

The Harp Awakes
23-10-2017, 07:21 AM

A good summary and spot on:aok:

dchibs
23-10-2017, 07:50 AM

Nowadays however, I'll admit, I can see why they do it. Scott Brown is going to retire having lifted god knows how many trophies as captain, earning probably the same amount of money he would have been had he went down south (at least he would have been until the last few years where the money has went crazy) and played significant amounts of Champions League games. If he'd went down South to say Everton or something, he'd have played Europa League games, never won any trophies and all he'd have to look back on would be the fact he played a few run of the mill league games at places like Old Trafford and The Emirates. Instead he's looking at having played in big European games at the Nou Camp, Allianz Arena etc as captain and will have about 20 medals to look back on. As much as it pains me to say it, I think as a professional footballer Celtic is a very attractive proposition. Had a discussion on my way back to car on Saturday, someone asked if Brendon Rodgers would go to the EP I said I don't think he will because he would never get the top 6 clubs looking at him. the likes of WHU or perhaps some team similar but would never get CL so hes comfy staying in Scotland winning domestic trophies and reaching the CL group sections and reaching the Eropa cup. Why should he go.

Sylar
23-10-2017, 08:45 AM
He is a great player, and anyone saying otherwise doesn't know football.

He has vision, drive, an incredible level of tactical awareness and he knows when to mix it up and antagonise the opposition. I despise his footballing persona and I loathe that he's a lynchpin for a team I really can't stand, but he's a player that commands respect and is deserving of his plaudits.

Just because he wears the lesser green and white doesn't mean we have to belittle him or pretend he's anything less than what he is, which is one of the better players in the SPFL.

Dr Jimmy
23-10-2017, 08:51 AM
Totally agree.
He’s one of these players that reads the game so well he appears to be in multiple places at the same time.
I would add that he appears to have turned into a bit of a knob though.

Firestarter
23-10-2017, 08:56 AM
His keeper never chucked 2 goals in the net. If you think standing in one spot all game is controlling the tempo I guess he did.

Ignorance is bliss.

pacoluna
23-10-2017, 09:00 AM
Brown never stood out for me on Saturday, he didn't particularly impress me the only thing I remember of his performance was when he went through the back of McGinn.

flash
23-10-2017, 09:10 AM
Comfortably the best player in Scottish football.

JimBHibees
23-10-2017, 09:13 AM

By a distance.

Souter96Mac
23-10-2017, 09:46 AM

I'll have some of what you're having

hibs#1
23-10-2017, 09:52 AM
He is a great player, and anyone saying otherwise doesn't know football.

He has vision, drive, an incredible level of tactical awareness and he knows when to mix it up and antagonise the opposition. I despise his footballing persona and I loathe that he's a lynchpin for a team I really can't stand, but he's a player that commands respect and is deserving of his plaudits.

Just because he wears the lesser green and white doesn't mean we have to belittle him or pretend he's anything less than what he is, which is one of the better players in the SPFL.

I know celtic fans that think he's rubbish 😞

easty
23-10-2017, 09:55 AM
I know celtic fans that think he's rubbish 😞

I know Hibs fans that think Cummings was rubbish. Every team has fans who are fairly clueless

SeanWilson
23-10-2017, 09:55 AM

Watch the first 3-0 ibrox game - now that was a player.

flash
23-10-2017, 10:26 AM
Watch the first 3-0 ibrox game - now that was a player.

And he has grown and matured into an even better one.

flash
23-10-2017, 10:27 AM
I'll have some of what you're having

Ok I bite. Who is better in your opinion?

SeanWilson
23-10-2017, 11:03 AM
And he has grown and matured into an even better one.

He's a shadow of that player IMO.

anon1875
23-10-2017, 11:18 AM
suspect op is a jambo

Biggie
23-10-2017, 11:59 AM
Still a hell of a player that we would love to have in our midfield.....guys need to take the hibs glasses off.
You don't Captain Celtic for all these years and not be a player....

Had a wee look at the champions league (admittedly for 2016/17 season) and his stats are out of this world for that level of football : Passing accuracy 97%......164 out of 168 passes.
I don't care if that's from one player to another 5 yards away every time, that's Champions league level.

He bosses midfields....wish he was with us.