PDA

View Full Version : The Derby.

Thecat23
21-10-2017, 04:39 PM
Listening to the Hearts game coming back I’m now more convinced we’ll do them by 2 or 3. Potter will sit in and hit them long! They have been very lucky but Hibs will win this I’ve no doubt at all.

Pete
21-10-2017, 04:43 PM
Agree.

I wouldn’t give you a fiver for any of their midfielders and that’s where we’ll win it.

Time to give these jumped up no-marks a pasting.

Thecat23
21-10-2017, 04:46 PM
Agree.

I wouldn’t give you a fiver for any of their midfielders and that’s where we’ll win it.

Bang on Pete.

California-Hibs
21-10-2017, 04:51 PM
Have a look at their forum. Up until the 70th minute they were talking about how boring it was, how crap their midfield was, defense honking etc....,,after scraping a 1-0 win it’s ‘the Derbies in the bag’ ‘we’re a different animal now under Levein’ blah blah blah, you couldn’t make it up.

They’re forgetting how long it’s been since they even beat us! Plus the fact it’s at Easter Road! It’s gonna be a long night for them with them being on the back foot from the start. Can’t wait to do them....AGAIN!

Another comfortable Hibs 3-1 Hearts like last time I reckon.

California-Hibs
21-10-2017, 04:53 PM
Agree.

Yep, 100% this! The huge difference in quality between our midfield and theirs is a fair gulf. Just as it has been in the past 7 (SEVEN) derbies..

Thecat23
21-10-2017, 04:53 PM
Have a look at their forum. Up until the 70th minute they were talking about how boring it was, how crap their midfield was, defense honking etc....,,after scraping a 1-0 win it’s ‘the Derbies in the bag’ ‘we’re a different animal now under Levein’ blah blah blah, you couldn’t make it up.

They’re forgetting how long it’s been since they even beat us! Plus the fact it’s at Easter Road! It’s gonna be a long night for them with them being on the back foot from the start. Can’t wait to do them....AGAIN!

Another comfortable Hibs 3-1 Hearts like last time I reckon.

They are the most deluded bunch of inbred twats you could ever meet. Hibs will put them back in their box and watch them implode again!!

Steve20
21-10-2017, 04:58 PM
Nothing to suggest on current form that we will win by 2 or 3.

We have won 1 of our last 7 league games. Time Lennon and the players got their act together.

Thecat23
21-10-2017, 04:59 PM

We have won 1 of our last 7 league games. Time Lennon and the players got their act together.

We are creating chances and I think we’ll take them on Tuesday.

Zazu62
21-10-2017, 05:01 PM
Hopefully we play 2 up front

Thecat23
21-10-2017, 05:01 PM
Hopefully we play 2 up front

I’ve a feeling we will play with Boyle from the start just sitting behind Stokes.

Pete
21-10-2017, 05:04 PM

☹️

Booked4Being-Ugly
21-10-2017, 05:06 PM
Despite us having a 'magnificent' start to the season and Hearts in 'turmoil' I can't understand why they are above us in the league.

We should really be out of sight of Hearts but now we've put pressure on ourselves to get a result. I fully expect Hibs to beat Hearts but it's entirely in our own hands and whether we turn up.

I'm getting a bit fed up of the recent hard luck stories tbh. Time to step up and produce a decisive result.

Pete
21-10-2017, 05:10 PM
Despite us having a 'magnificent' start to the season and Hearts in 'turmoil' I can't understand why they are above us in the league.

Who has said that?

The only people I’ve heard that sort of thing from is hearts fans.

Ronniekirk
21-10-2017, 05:10 PM

Its a poor run and that in itself will give Hearts some confidence
Lennon has to get the team selection right from the start and players need to ensure we don't gift goals and that we finish our chances Young Ollie showed how easy it can be He held his position to make sure he wasn't offside ,pointed to where he wanted the ball played and kept his composure one on one v Keeper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thecat23
21-10-2017, 05:12 PM
Beat Hearts and win our game in hand and we are just off 3rd spot.

Tyler Durden
21-10-2017, 05:12 PM
I’ve a feeling we will play with Boyle from the start just sitting behind Stokes.

We need a minimum of 3 from Barker, Boyle, Swanson, Stokes, Murray and Shaw.

Stokes is much better with options in front of him to hit.

Firestarter
21-10-2017, 05:13 PM
They are winning ugly we are struggling. No confidence in Tuesday at all.

-Jonesy-
21-10-2017, 05:15 PM

Cos they've played 10 games and we've played 9?

bingo70
21-10-2017, 05:15 PM

We should really be out of sight of Hearts but now we've put pressure on ourselves to get a result. I fully expect Hibs to beat Hearts but it's entirely in our own hands and whether we turn up.

I'm getting a bit fed up of the recent hard luck stories tbh. Time to step up and produce a decisive result.

Who’s said we’ve had a magnificent start to the season?

We’ve had an ok start but I think there’s much more to come.

Tbf to them they’ve had a better first quarter than I was expecting from them.

Thecat23
21-10-2017, 05:17 PM
We need a minimum of 3 from Barker, Boyle, Swanson, Stokes, Murray and Shaw.

Stokes is much better with options in front of him to hit.

Stokes must have someone up there totally agree. The difference when Boyle came on was like night and day. Movement was better and quicker. Barker could also do damage as well.

No idea what’s going on with Murray, seems Lennon doesn’t fancy him
Just now. But if Shaw (who I didn’t think was ready) can do what he done today then Lennon knows what he’s doing. Just can’t see us losing to that mob.

IGRIGI
21-10-2017, 05:24 PM
We'd better be prepared for Levein' s typical tactics, kicking anything that moves followed by a big hoof up the park to lanky and co up front.

I'm confident with Bartley and the partnership of Ambrose and Hanlon we'll handle anything they throw at us and with Boyle and Barker we should be able to cause them lots of problems.

2 nil Hibs.

Sir David Gray
21-10-2017, 05:34 PM
I honestly don't think this will be an easy night.

I do think we have the better team but we just haven't clicked recently and we can't seem to keep a clean sheet. We're shipping far too many sloppy goals just now.

Hopefully we go with two up front, Stokes up front on his own won't work, particularly if we lump high balls up to him when he's up against Berra and Souttar.

I'm hoping it's just normal derby jitters!

lord bunberry
21-10-2017, 05:40 PM
We’ll piss all over them, and finish well above them in the league. They’ve got nothing, they are nothing.

rotherhamrob
21-10-2017, 06:57 PM
I don't mind admitting I'm usually a pessimistic git, but for some reason I'm actually quite confident.
It's at easter Rd,under the lights and we have better players .we'll win by at least 2 clear goals.

GreenNWhiteArmy
21-10-2017, 07:25 PM
Exactly how I like it going in to derby's. Let them think they're coming to destroy us.

We've played these games spot on over the last few years and I expect no difference on Tuesday. They'll be more up for it than last time that's for sure but then that's hardly anything is it?

Levein will set them up to spoil our play and put in the dirty and niggly fouls. We'll be ready for them.

Balls in behind for Boyle to run riot. 2-0 or 3-1 to hibs.

Bring them on!!

Hi Heid Yin
21-10-2017, 07:37 PM
Hibs currently own the derby and Hearts. If we play to our strengths we will beat them comfortably.
We carry more threat up front and totally outclass them in midfield.
My only question mark is our tendency to gift soft goals, despite having quality individual players at the back.
Hearts will, as usually happens when the derby comes round, lift their game. Beating Hibs is their raison d'etre. No other game matters in their season.

Hi Heid Yin
21-10-2017, 07:41 PM
Cos they've played 10 games and we've played 9?

:greengrin

Tornadoes70
21-10-2017, 07:48 PM
Hibs currently own the derby and Hearts. If we play to our strengths we will beat them comfortably.
My only question mark is our tendency to gift soft goals, despite having quality individual players at the back.
Hearts will, as usually happens when the derby comes round, lift their game. Beating Hibs is their raison d'etre. No other game matters in their season.

That's my opinion too. We are a better footballing side with better individual players. The only thing that could beat us is the officials if we are at our best as there's nothing we can do if the officials are not at their best to put it lightly. Here's hoping the officials are fair, non controversial and don't shirk from taking action against the yams when they start their dirtiness and we will win if we play to our best, no doubt.

GGTTH

Diclonius
21-10-2017, 07:55 PM
My worry is Craig Levein knows how to win a derby. They will spend the entire game going in hard on us and punting long high balls up to Lafferty. If they go ahead, they'll completely shut up shop and go ultra defensive.

Teams know this strategy works against us and Hearts pre-Neilson were synonymous with it. It's not as clear cut as we're making it out to be.

That said, I say this every time we play them..

SteveHFC
21-10-2017, 07:56 PM
We'll win.

Sammy7nil
21-10-2017, 08:00 PM

As much as I don't like this sort of arrogance reminds me of Jambo's that is exactly the mindset the players need on Tuesday

The Harp
21-10-2017, 08:10 PM
Think this is just the kind of game we need after today's disappointment. I'm just a wee bit apprehensive with Levein being in charge of that bunch, because he knows how to get the best out of them in Edinburgh derbies. Having said that, I feel the speed of Boyle and Barker could really unsettle them.
It's a great opportunity for us to get back on the rails, I hope we grab it with both hands.

Hi Heid Yin
21-10-2017, 08:19 PM
As much as I don't like this sort of arrogance reminds me of Jambo's that is exactly the mindset the players need on Tuesday

It's the mind set that Neil Lennon has drilled into our players.
For too long we approached derbies with real fear and were beaten before we ran onto the pitch. This so-called arrogant mind-set is what we needed. The confidence running through the Hibs these past few years has made the difference. The Jambos now genuinely fear us, both on and off the pitch, that fear is tangible and transmits during the game when Hibs are cranking up the pressure, thus our current derby dominance.
You have only got to read Kickback to see how many Jambos are conceding the aforementioned points.

weecounty hibby
21-10-2017, 08:21 PM
Why does everyone go on about Levien like he was a cross between Beckenbaur and Maldini as a player and Ferguson and Mourinho as a manager? Won **** all as a player and has won **** all as a manager. He will end his footballing career having never won a trophy and as one of the most over rated players and managers ever.

wookie70
21-10-2017, 08:27 PM
It's the mind set that Neil Lennon has drilled into our players.
For too long we approached derbies with real fear and were beaten before we ran onto the pitch. This so-called arrogant mind-set is what we needed. The confidence running through the Hibs these past few years has made the difference. The Jambos now genuinely fear us, both on and off the pitch, that fear is tangible and transmits during the game when Hibs are cranking up the pressure, thus our current derby dominance.
You have only got to read Kickback to see how many Jambos are conceding the aforementioned points.

He could have tried to drill it into them for the first 45 minutes today but it looked more like he had said sit back and hope they don't beat you by too many. We were well on top of Derbies before Lennon arrived and he has done well to continue that run.

weecounty hibby
21-10-2017, 08:42 PM
He could have tried to drill it into them for the first 45 minutes today but it looked more like he had said sit back and hope they don't beat you by too many. We were well on top of Derbies before Lennon arrived and he has done well to continue that run.

FFS when a team allows the opposition to have the ball and sets up to defend deep that doesn't mean that the manager has told them to hope they don't get beat by too much. There has been some **** written on here since the end of the match but that takes some beating.

Hi Heid Yin
21-10-2017, 09:01 PM

Individual errors cost us the game against Celtic. No manager is responsible for quality individuals gifting the opposition goals. There is no way that Neil Lennon told our boys to sit back and hope we don't concede too many.
Our midfield and forwards did what they had to do, and were let down by the shenanigans in our back line.

Borderhibbie76
21-10-2017, 09:28 PM
FFS when a team allows the opposition to have the ball and sets up to defend deep that doesn't mean that the manager has told them to hope they don't get beat by too much. There has been some **** written on here since the end of the match but that takes some beating.Spot on mate between here and social media tonight there are some right numpties with their comments and overreactions to today. U would think we lost to alloa or Dumbarton rather than a team that's gone 60 domestic matches undefeated...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk