PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: THANK YOU TO SUPPORTERS

RSS Bot
21-10-2017, 04:30 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8036)

Shrekko
21-10-2017, 04:31 PM
Good touch by the club- fans who attended were really good today.

Pete
21-10-2017, 04:42 PM
Nice one. Really pleased with the type of stuff coming from our club...remember the bad old days when communication was at a minimum and when it did come, it felt so automated and soulless?

theonlywayisup
21-10-2017, 05:47 PM
Is that someone having a sly wee pick of his nose - bottom right hand corner?

Nameless
21-10-2017, 05:49 PM
fans who attended were really good today.

I'm a fan who didn't attend, but I was really good today too - I helped an old lady up the stairs with her shopping.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
21-10-2017, 05:51 PM
Fans were great today despite the OTT complaining about Griffiths getting a good reception.

The spontaneous outburst of Hibees in the last minute was what football supporting is all about.

Good touch by Hibs to say thanks.

B.H.F.C
21-10-2017, 05:55 PM
That's the club having a dig a the the stick us/them have taken over ticket sales.

The way it has been reported, you'd think every cup semi final is sold out. The Daily Record even have a headline about how much money we've cost the other teams. I was disappointed by our sales, and how it looked today, but stuff like that is ridiculous.

The Harp
21-10-2017, 06:01 PM
I'm a fan who didn't attend, but I was really good today too - I helped an old lady up the stairs with her shopping.

... just a pity she lives on the ground floor.😉

green day
21-10-2017, 06:05 PM
That's the club having a dig a the the stick us/them have taken over ticket sales.

The way it has been reported, you'd think every cup semi final is sold out. The Daily Record even have a headline about how much money we've cost the other teams. I was disappointed by our sales, and how it looked today, but stuff like that is ridiculous.

Exactly. We operate for the good of Hibs, not Motherwell or (Jesus wept) the old firm.

Billy Whizz
21-10-2017, 06:12 PM

Seemed like quite a lot of seats in South Upper above Hibs support, occupied by Celtic supporters. They didn’t sell out either

Bishop Hibee
21-10-2017, 06:14 PM

I had an argument with Tom English on Twitter. Funnily enough he didn’t respond when I asked if he didn’t think the sectarian singing from the Celtc fans was a bigger issue. Sweep sweep.

RyeSloan
21-10-2017, 06:19 PM
Didn't see that...were the press having a go at Hibs fans for 'only' selling 11,000?

For a game at a stupid kick off time, live on tv and against a side that hadn't lost for 59 games?

How odd.

Billy Whizz
21-10-2017, 06:20 PM
Didn't see that...were the press having a go at Hibs fans for 'only' selling 11,000?

For a game at a stupid kick off time, live on tv and against a side that hadn't lost for 59 games?

How odd.

Big discussion about it on later edition of off the ball

bingo70
21-10-2017, 06:22 PM

How odd.

I think the complaint is that we never gave back the tickets we never sold.

Don’t really understand that either though, they surely wouldn’t have put a pocket of a few thousand Celtic tickets in between us and the main stand would they?

Nameless
21-10-2017, 06:40 PM
... just a pity she lives on the ground floor.[emoji6]True, but to be fair, she was a Jambo :-)

edwards
21-10-2017, 07:24 PM
Through today and was totally disgusted with my fellow supporters who didn't back the team, they would have all clambered for tickets had we made the final. Good to hear our singing section and drums attended and it was you guys that had the fans going.
Thought the song to Leigh was loud and clear when he was taken off and how I would have loved to have him in our forward line. It is now clear there will have to be oner or two changes in the team, we really need to look at a better keeper Laidlaw will be back on the bench and Rocky can be slightly suspect at times as well.
Feel we need a stronger and more realiable goalkeeper and have been hearing we have one lined up for January.

Nakedmanoncrack
21-10-2017, 07:24 PM
I think the complaint is that we never gave back the tickets we never sold.

Don’t really understand that either though, they surely wouldn’t have put a pocket of a few thousand Celtic tickets in between us and the main stand would they?

Hibs fought for a 50/50 split of tickets believing we could sell them, or at least come close to doing so. I imagine it wasn't an easy argument to win, but we did. To then only sell 11k is undoubtedly embarrassing for the club, it's cost a lot of money to the participants and in future I expect we'll have to settle for a much smaller allocation.

LaMotta
21-10-2017, 07:47 PM
Hibs fought for a 50/50 split of tickets believing we could sell them, or at least come close to doing so. I imagine it wasn't an easy argument to win, but we did. To then only sell 11k is undoubtedly embarrassing for the club, it's cost a lot of money to the participants and in future I expect we'll have to settle for a much smaller allocation.

Our avearge travelling fan number over the previous 4 trips to Hampden is 21k per game (2 semis 2 finals). The logic was there.

Hampden has a problem though. The problem is that its hard to split the ground greater than 50 50 and give enough decent seats to both sets of fans.

If we had asked for 12k (which would have been enough) we would have been mainly behind the goals in **** seats and evryone up in arms.

Next time though, thats all we will get against ugly sisters in any semis.

Glory Lurker
21-10-2017, 07:51 PM
Given how furious the wege-based media has got about it, I wish we’d sold less. Feeling quite guilty that I went, to be honest.

houstonhibbee
21-10-2017, 08:12 PM

How odd.
The point they were making is that we "insisted on getting half" and couldnt sell them when apparently Celtic could have.

Crab apple
21-10-2017, 08:45 PM
Good touch by the club- fans who attended were really good today.

I think the club should be congratulated for arguing for a 50/50 split. It’s bad enough having to play the infirm in their home city in our so called national stadium without giving them a massive numbers advantage too. We were in
B2 today and I'd much rather sit next to empty seats than them.

Ilovehibs
21-10-2017, 08:49 PM
Was very proud of my team today and also felt great pride in my fellow Hibernian supporters today.
From the second we entered Hampden, there was a strong sense of togetherness and being right behind our boys.
Ok, there were lots of empty seats in our end but the fans that were there today sang, clapped and cheered and I, for one, felt we backed the team all the way.
Great sense of camaraderie with the folk around us behind the goal. A real Hibernian family feeling.

Thanks to the club for thanking us.
It was a pleasure.

JimBHibees
21-10-2017, 08:51 PM
Fans were great today. :flag:

Keith_M
21-10-2017, 08:53 PM
Nice touch by the club. I thought the support was very vocal, despite the result and first half display.

Tornadoes70
21-10-2017, 08:56 PM
Was very proud of my team today and also felt great pride in my fellow Hibernian supporters today.
From the second we entered Hampden, there was a strong sense of togetherness and being right behind our boys.
Ok, there were lots of empty seats in our end but the fans that were there today sang, clapped and cheered and I, for one, felt we backed the team all the way.
Great sense of camaraderie with the folk around us behind the goal. A real Hibernian family feeling.

Thanks to the club for thanking us.
It was a pleasure.

:top marks

I concur with everything you've said. I was at Hampden in 1991 for the Skol cup semi final against the huns when it was very busy but not sold out and it was the best night I've ever had following the hi bees. We're a terrific support and when the chips are against us we always find a way. Well done to everyone who was there today following a proud yet humble club.

:flag:

Ilovehibs
21-10-2017, 09:01 PM
That was some game. You're right. Our hard core support is tremendous and I am proud to be part of it. GGTTH.

Sir David Gray
21-10-2017, 09:02 PM
Celtic couldn't have got an additional allocation as that would have meant putting them into the west stand, i.e. the famous Rangers end.

We all know how precious the pair of them get about that.

Wilson
21-10-2017, 09:16 PM

I wouldn't expect our club to accept a smaller allocation.

Every club should be given the opportunity to take a fifty percent split of the tickets. It is in the interests of fairness and impartiality.

Some clubs might take a smaller allocation in the first instance. However, for the likes of ourselves, hearts, and Aberdeen, a tie could quite easily inspire the crowds to turn out. Our support has the numbers. It just didn't happen today.

The issue isn't that we were allocated fifty percent or that we couldn't sell them on this occasion. It is in the arrangement for the return and sale of unused tickets.

Unsold tickets should have been made available to Celtc. Just as we would expect unsold tickets by the likes of Kilmarnock be made available to us in the same situation.

emerald green
21-10-2017, 09:26 PM
The basic reasons Hibs didn't sell their full allocation of tickets today were as follows:

1) the game was shown live on television
2) the game kicked off at 12:15pm
3) lots of people thought Hibs had little or no chance of winning, and therefore were not prepared to pay out the cost of travelling to Hampden - match ticket, train fare / petrol etc, food & drink.

Nakedmanoncrack
21-10-2017, 09:32 PM
I wouldn't expect our club to accept a smaller allocation.

Every club should be given the opportunity to take a fifty percent split of the tickets. It is in the interests of fairness and impartiality.

Some clubs might take a smaller allocation in the first instance. However, for the likes of ourselves, hearts, and Aberdeen, a tie could quite easily inspire the crowds to turn out. Our support has the numbers. It just didn't happen today.

The issue isn't that we were allocated fifty percent or that we couldn't sell them on this occasion. It is in the arrangement for the return and sale of unused tickets.

Unsold tickets should have been made available to Celtc. Just as we would expect unsold tickets by the likes of Kilmarnock be made available to us in the same situation.

The empty blocks in the West could easily have been reallocated to Celtic in this instance, without any problems, but if it was the Huns I don't think it would be a good idea to have them at both ends.

Sir David Gray
21-10-2017, 09:51 PM
The basic reasons Hibs didn't sell their full allocation of tickets today were as follows:

3) lots of people thought Hibs had little or no chance of winning, and therefore were not prepared to pay out the cost of travelling to Hampden - match ticket, train fare / petrol etc, food & drink.

All ***** excuses IMO.

emerald green
21-10-2017, 09:52 PM
All ***** excuses IMO.

But true nonetheless IMO. I was there BTW.

Hi Heid Yin
21-10-2017, 09:55 PM

:tee hee::tee hee:

hibee_girl
21-10-2017, 09:59 PM

And school holidays so people are on holiday

Sir David Gray
21-10-2017, 09:59 PM
But true nonetheless IMO. I was there BTW.

Oh I know they'll be true, I wasn't doubting what you were saying.

I just think they're all terrible excuses for not going to the football. Particularly the point about not fancying it because of the likelihood of defeat.

What sort of attitude is that?

emerald green
21-10-2017, 10:05 PM

That might account for maybe a couple of hundred maybe? But my points in my earlier post are the main reasons IMHO and I wouldn't point the finger at anyone. I thought the Hibs fans who did attend today put the Celtic fans to shame.

It must get boring turning up expecting to win every game (I wish!).

guthrie01
21-10-2017, 10:06 PM
People are right when they say our attendance was poor today, the club rightfully demanded a 50/50 split for us because they thought we could sell that amount or just about.

Instead only 11k of us managed to make the trip, understand some circumstances meant folk weren't able to attend. However there was a portion of fans who had the money and time but simply couldn't be bothered to turn up and support the players and our club.

Now we face the possibility of getting reduced allocations in the future thanks to the "can't be bothered" crew.

emerald green
21-10-2017, 10:09 PM
Oh I know they'll be true, I wasn't doubting what you were saying.

I just think they're all terrible excuses for not going to the football. Particularly the point about not fancying it because of the likelihood of defeat.

What sort of attitude is that?

I can't speak for those that choose not to attend SDG. They are perfectly entitled not to, and attending football now is expensive. They were charging five quid for the match programme! It's just my opinion, and it was shared by a few other Hibs fans I spoke to today.

sadtom
22-10-2017, 07:05 AM

I think it was a combo of lots of reasons, most of them mentioned.
From personal knowledge of why folk weren't there, i agree that holidays were the biggest factor. Of the top of my head i know at least a dozen fans who would not have missed it under any other circumstances other than they were on holiday. A similar number i know didn't go cause of all the other factors combined.

NAE NOOKIE
22-10-2017, 09:40 AM
Given recent history Hibs were right to be optimistic about how many tickets we could sell ... for whatever reason it didn't happen which is a shame. Given segregation difficulties the only way to guarantee the ugly sisters more tickets would be to withhold north stand tickets until we see how sales are going, and if its clear we cant sell more than 15,000 pass them over to the uglies, giving the them whole north stand.

As for the fans who did go yesterday, they did themselves and the club proud as I knew they would, for some reason it always seems that the fewer of us there are at these games the better the vocal backing is and Saturday was a case in point.

matty_f
22-10-2017, 10:22 AM
**** them. We took more to Hampden than the majority of Premiership teams get at their own ****ing home games. In some cases you could combine a few home gates and not get close to what we took through.

**** Celtc, and **** their sense of entitlement.

Great statement from Hibs. Well done to everyone that went through, we represented the club well, backed the team throughout, and made more now than the Celtc fans could muster.

Sir David Gray
22-10-2017, 10:25 AM
**** them. We took more to Hampden than the majority of Premiership teams get at their own ****ing home games. In some cases you could combine a few home gates and not get close to what we took through.

Great statement from Hibs. Well done to everyone that went through, we represented the club well, backed the team throughout, and made more now than the Celtc fans could muster.

Well said.

EVENTUALLY
22-10-2017, 10:26 AM

They are the definitive reasons I choose not to go to the game. I've been watching Hibs for around 54 years and will continue to do so but not if these conditions are likely to be the norm.

easty
22-10-2017, 10:32 AM

Agree with this

macca70
22-10-2017, 10:42 AM

Exactly, based on these reasons, taking 11,000 to a league cup semi isnt too bad an effort.

Let’s see how many Motherwell take today for a 2.30pm KO 10 mins along the road from them. We’ll see what abuse they get!!

Would like to see our attendances for the 22 times we’ve been to Hampden since 2000, I bet 11,000 is above average for us.

Moulin Yarns
22-10-2017, 10:47 AM
For some perspective, last season Morton v Aberdeen had 16,183. Same kick off time also on BT Sports. How must that have looked on TV?

Season 2105/16 Ross County v Celtc had 22,130. 3 pm kick off but on a Sunday. Don't remember us complaining about a smaller pot of cash!! (We were at Tynie against Saint Johnstone and had 16,971)

Season 2014/15 Aberdeen v Dundee Utd had 29,608 for a 3PM saturday kick off.

Seems the time of the game, the cost of tickets and the fact it was also on TV are major factors affecting crowd size.

Johnny Clash
22-10-2017, 10:54 AM
People are right when they say our attendance was poor today, the club rightfully demanded a 50/50 split for us because they thought we could sell that amount or just about.

Instead only 11k of us managed to make the trip, understand some circumstances meant folk weren't able to attend. However there was a portion of fans who had the money and time but simply couldn't be bothered to turn up and support the players and our club.

Now we face the possibility of getting reduced allocations in the future thanks to the "can't be bothered" crew.

Well said.

StevieC
22-10-2017, 10:59 AM
Great to see the majority of supporters wait till the end to applaud the effort put in by the team.

In comparison, the majority of Celtic supporters couldn't get out quick enough at full time.

Moulin Yarns
22-10-2017, 11:01 AM
Great to see the majority of supporters wait till the end to applaud the effort put in by the team.

In comparison, the majority of Celtic supporters couldn't get out quick enough at full time.

Most have a ferry or flight to catch. :wink:

Halmyre Hibee
22-10-2017, 12:56 PM
For some perspective, last season Morton v Aberdeen had 16,183. Same kick off time also on BT Sports. How must that have looked on TV?

Season 2105/16 Ross County v Celtc had 22,130. 3 pm kick off but on a Sunday. Don't remember us complaining about a smaller pot of cash!! (We were at Tynie against Saint Johnstone and had 16,971)

Season 2014/15 Aberdeen v Dundee Utd had 29,608 for a 3PM saturday kick off.

Seems the time of the game, the cost of tickets and the fact it was also on TV are major factors affecting crowd size.

Fans of all teams are a bit fickle. If Hibs had won against Dundee, StJohnstone, Hamilton, Motherwell & Aberdeen then we would have probably sold out. I enjoyed being there yesterday but disappointed in our first half display and the soft goals lost. But we move on and hopefully we win v Hertz.

ancient hibee
22-10-2017, 01:00 PM
A good statement especially the dig about fans staying to the end.Wonder how Celtic felt when they headed to the East stand to find practically nobody there?Must have looked good on TV.Incidentally Celtic fans will not go into the West.

Scottie
22-10-2017, 02:03 PM
Most have a ferry or flight to catch. :wink:
Must of all had ferries to catch as didn't see 1 Sellick fan at the airport last night on way home :dunno:

Stoney Hibee
22-10-2017, 02:53 PM
Our avearge travelling fan number over the previous 4 trips to Hampden is 21k per game (2 semis 2 finals). The logic was there.

Hampden has a problem though. The problem is that its hard to split the ground greater than 50 50 and give enough decent seats to both sets of fans.

If we had asked for 12k (which would have been enough) we would have been mainly behind the goals in **** seats and evryone up in arms.

I agree that is the Hampden problem - there are so few decent seats in the stadium. However there is a solution which enable a lower allocation to be given while still giving those fans access to seats with a OK view. That is to give them the entire South Stand. Unlikely to happen though as that is where most sponsors sit though.

I am a bit puzzled by the supposed 50/50 split of tickets. We had the West side of the ground yesterday, with no tickets in the upper. Yet when it was 50/50 split for the 2016 final against Rangers and they had the West aside, they probably had more than half of the tickets in the upper.

I noticed the James Connolly flag before the game but not in the ground, what happened to it?

Sir David Gray
22-10-2017, 02:57 PM
I agree that is the Hampden problem - there are so few decent seats in the stadium. However there is a solution which enable a lower allocation to be given while still giving those fans access to seats with a OK view. That is to give them the entire South Stand. Unlikely to happen though as that is where most sponsors sit though.

I am a bit puzzled by the supposed 50/50 split of tickets. We had the West side of the ground yesterday, with no tickets in the upper. Yet when it was 50/50 split for the 2016 final against Rangers and they had the West aside, they probably had more than half of the tickets in the upper.

I noticed the James Connolly flag before the game but not in the ground, what happened to it?

It was in the south west corner of the ground.

Stoney Hibee
22-10-2017, 03:08 PM

Brunswickbill
23-10-2017, 08:20 AM
I live on the west coast (member of the West of Scotland Hibs Supporters Club) and I took along a non Hibbie friend to the game on Saturday. He played football at a senior level many years ago and through his contacts has been to many pre Sevco Rangers games. We were seated at the west end of the North Stand. I asked him what he thought of the experience. He said that it was a good atmosphere. Hibs fans were accepting of “decisions” that went against them. They were well behaved without the bitterness and the aggression that he associated with Rangers from way back. The only foul language he experienced on the day was from Craig Gordon swearing at the linesman after the penalty decision. All in all he felt that it was a very good experience (apart from the result) and the fans were a credit to the club. :thumbsup:

LaMotta
23-10-2017, 11:52 AM

Agreed that would be best solution to sell those tickets last - reason they wont is those are the expensive seats so the beak will want them to go first.

3pm
23-10-2017, 11:57 AM
Best way to say 'thanks' is to beat this steaming pile of s***e from Gorgie tomorrow night.

hibstag
23-10-2017, 12:33 PM

I think that this and handing celtic more advantage by allowing them to fill the ground were strong reasons for taking the full allocation along with having to possibly meeting our season ticket holder demand (13000)
The Motherwell allocation of a couple of sections of the east and a couple of sections of the south lower yesterday surrounded by huns proving the our point.

pacoluna
23-10-2017, 12:36 PM
what's peoples excuses for not going to Motherwell on Saturday 3pm ko?