PDA

View Full Version : Martin Scott

Ardenttwo
21-10-2017, 04:20 PM
After the Hibs game I was at the Elgin City v Stenhousemuir game Stenny had Martin Scott playing for them. Was he once with Hibs ? Seem to remember a tough guy who caused a problem on the training ground by decking a team mate Is this the guy Looked a right tough character today

Billychaotic182
21-10-2017, 04:25 PM
Aye that’s him. Nickname Jimmy. He cost us 80k if o remember right. He was a recommendation from Derek Adams when he was our number two

Ardenttwo
21-10-2017, 04:30 PM
Aye that’s him. Nickname Jimmy. He cost us 80k if o remember right. He was a recommendation from Derek Adams when he was our number two

Did he not not break a team mates jaw I seem to remember it finished in a court case. Cannot remember the other guys name but think he went to Partick

Hibeesmad
21-10-2017, 04:32 PM
Did he not not break a team mates jaw I seem to remember it finished in a court case. Cannot remember the other guys name but think he went to Partick

Sean Welsh

calumhibee1
21-10-2017, 04:37 PM

Sean Welsh. Young lad who was highly thought of. Martin Scott is probably the main reason he never got a look in.

Billy Whizz
21-10-2017, 04:42 PM
Sean Welsh

What happened to Sean. Left Partick Thistle in the summer, where is he now

Firestarter
21-10-2017, 04:44 PM
Sean Welsh. Young lad who was highly thought of. Martin Scott is probably the main reason he never got a look in.

It was.

greenlex
21-10-2017, 05:02 PM
It was.

How so?

Sir David Gray
21-10-2017, 05:04 PM
What happened to Sean. Left Partick Thistle in the summer, where is he now

Free agent.

Jones28
21-10-2017, 05:25 PM
He was ****ing mince. His crowning glory was trying to take a quick free kick and launching it into the west stand.

heretoday
21-10-2017, 05:26 PM
He was poor in an era best forgotten.

Northernhibee
21-10-2017, 05:27 PM
He was ****ing mince. His crowning glory was trying to take a quick free kick and launching it into the west stand.

Am I mistaken or was it him who tried to control a throw in near the half way line and put it out for a corner?

Hibs Class
21-10-2017, 07:04 PM
Got a vague recollection of him having one decent game, maybe league cup against berwick or stranraer (?), otherwise very forgettable.

Bayern Bru
21-10-2017, 07:19 PM
Got a vague recollection of him having one decent game, maybe league cup against berwick or stranraer (?), otherwise very forgettable.

Correct. Scored two in a 5-0 win over Berwick Rangers in the League Cup in 2011 from centre midfield.

LaMotta
21-10-2017, 08:07 PM

You are being kind to both Martin Scott and that era :greengrin

Boyle89
22-10-2017, 12:28 AM
My lasting memory of him was watching him chase down a ball on the half way line and in trying to keep the ball in he hoofed it back down the line and out for a corner😂.

Thegreenside
22-10-2017, 01:54 AM
Free agent.

its strange the boy don't have a club, was he not skipper there?

Firestarter
22-10-2017, 08:47 AM
How so?

He was coming towards the end of his deal and got released soon after. Kept the player we spent the money on. Jimmy messed with the wrong type and didn't know it at the time.

greenlex
22-10-2017, 10:49 AM
He was coming towards the end of his deal and got released soon after. Kept the player we spent the money on. Jimmy messed with the wrong type and didn't know it at the time.

Still not sure how it’s Scotts fault. If he was good enough he would have got a deal regardless of Scott’s position. I think you’re off the mark here. If it was one I’d the other it would have been sorted at the time of the incident quite easily. I also presume lynch continued to play after Hibs. Where is he now? Same place as Scott by the look of it.

Firestarter
22-10-2017, 10:55 AM
Still not sure how it’s Scotts fault. If he was good enough he would have got a deal regardless of Scott’s position. I think you’re off the mark here. If it was one I’d the other it would have been sorted at the time of the incident quite easily. I also presume lynch continued to play after Hibs. Where is he now? Same place as Scott by the look of it.

Scott was a professional that broke a youth team players jaw. He's at fault there. It came to a head where Welsh got released convinently and Scott stayed as he was the one we paid money for and the back room staff backed. No idea what Lynch has to do with anything. He's out injured just now having captained Patrick whilst we where in the championship. There was a lot more to it than just a training ground punch and the whole think stank as did a lot of the decisions at the club at the time.

22-10-2017, 12:36 PM

This.

theonlywayisup
22-10-2017, 12:45 PM

Am I mistaken or was it him who tried to control a throw in near the half way line and put it out for a corner?

Above, my two favourite memories of Martin "Jimmy" Scott.

The quick free kick into the west stand doesn't do the free kick justice. It was closer to the back of the bottom tier that it was to the front of the bottom tier. Shocking attempt by a professional footballer.

I recall asking a County fan about him when he joined us and he said he was "as thick as mince". He had met him out during a night out in Dingwall and he couldn't believe how "thick" he was.

greenlex
22-10-2017, 01:42 PM
Scott was a professional that broke a youth team players jaw. He's at fault there. It came to a head where Welsh got released convinently and Scott stayed as he was the one we paid money for and the back room staff backed. No idea what Lynch has to do with anything. He's out injured just now having captained Patrick whilst we where in the championship. There was a lot more to it than just a training ground punch and the whole think stank as did a lot of the decisions at the club at the time.

Apologies getting my Welsh and Lynch mixed up. Same sentiment tho. If Welsh was good enough he would have stayed st Hibs (or progressed somewhere else) and Scott would have been moved on. I’ve heard the stiory. I’d have punted the both of them on the spot. I’m still at a loss how it’s Scotts fault his career didn’t kick on. If he was good enough he would have got a look in.

Northernhibee
22-10-2017, 06:02 PM
For balance, he scored a 30-35 yard screamer in Ian Murray's testimonial. A proper worldy of a goal.

Other than that, mince :greengrin