PDA

View Full Version : Dylan Mcgeough

FifeHibs
21-10-2017, 03:31 PM
Dylan was best player on the park in my opinion.
Always looks to takes pass and is at times a pass ahead of others on the pitch.
He always seems to have time in the ball and ghosted past players.
We always hurt teams more in a midfield with McGeough, McGinn and unfortunately without Bartley whom I think is exceptional at what he does. This is not a negative against Bartley though.

Gatecrasher
21-10-2017, 03:33 PM
:agree: he was superb, by far the best player in a hibs jersey. I thought Hanlon is worth a mention as well.

weecounty hibby
21-10-2017, 03:33 PM
MOM for me, not just in our team either. Thought he was superb all afternoon

FifeHibs
21-10-2017, 03:34 PM
I thought he was MOM for both teams.

RoscoHibby
21-10-2017, 03:35 PM
Best player on the park, bar none today for me. He was outstanding. Made Scott Brown looking ****in stupid a few times especially 2nd half which was nice. Hard to take positives from that after the goals we GAVE away, but Dylan's performance was excellent. Should feel 10ft tall tonight after that.

cleanyman
21-10-2017, 03:36 PM
Superb. Well played. I would also give top marks to Paul Hanlon

J-C
21-10-2017, 03:37 PM
Always said Dylan plays so much better when Bartley doesn't play, sits deep and dictates the game like a quarterback

Steve20
McGeouch was quality. Paul Hanlon man of match for me but Dylan not far behind.

Billy Whizz
Always said Dylan plays so much better when Bartley doesn't play, sits deep and dictates the game like a quarterback

And I also prefer McGinn playing deeper too

Sir David Gray
21-10-2017, 03:41 PM
McGeouch and Hanlon were our best players. Both were outstanding.

FifeHibs
21-10-2017, 03:42 PM
I've said previously and been blasted but when McGregor is fit I'd play Effe with Dylan and McGinn

FifeHibs
21-10-2017, 03:43 PM
McGeouch and Hanlon were our best players. Both were outstanding.

Mcgeough, Hanlon and Effe

SingaporeHibs
21-10-2017, 03:59 PM
Overall Hanlon did fine and made so cracking tackles but he was part of a Defence that was all over the place for 3 goals today. Would need to watch the goals again but MoM is a non starter. Funny to have a thread slamming the keeper (he should have been better on the 2nd goal I agree) when the defenders in front of him were a shambles at times. At the same time there are suggestions one of our CH partnership should be getting MoM.

Allant1981
21-10-2017, 04:00 PM
mcgeouch was our best player today, seems to just find that extra yard of space, for all mcginn gets the plaudits he is no where near as good as mcgeouch in my opinion

MWHIBBIES
21-10-2017, 04:01 PM
Mcgeough, Hanlon and EffeAll 3 were very good.

hibee_girl
21-10-2017, 04:02 PM
mcgeouch was our best player today, seems to just find that extra yard of space, for all mcginn gets the plaudits he is no where near as good as mcgeouch in my opinion

:agree: have said all along McGeough is the best player we have

FifeHibs
21-10-2017, 04:04 PM
Overall Hanlon did fine and made so cracking tackles but he was part of a Defence that was all over the place for 3 goals today. Would need to watch the goals again but MoM is a non starter. Funny to have a thread slamming the keeper (he should have been better on the 2nd goal I agree) when the defenders in front of him were a shambles at times. At the same time there are suggestions one of our CH partnership should be getting MoM.

Lay off the drink, Hanlon and Effe were magnificent. 1st goal Barket ( whom was superb and should teach Boyle how to make runs and trapping a ball)let Lustig infront of him. 2nd - Laidlaw

Hanlon and Effe have been outstanding for weeks!!!!!

SingaporeHibs
21-10-2017, 04:06 PM
Lay off the drink, Hanlon and Effe were magnificent. 1st goal Barket ( whom was superb and should teach Boyle and runs and trapping a ball)let Lustig infront of him. 2nd - Laidlaw

Which one should of won the flicked on header in the middle of the goals before the goal?

FifeHibs
21-10-2017, 04:09 PM
Should Laidlaw have saved ?

ggth
21-10-2017, 04:12 PM
Dylan was best player on the park in my opinion.
Always looks to takes pass and is at times a pass ahead of others on the pitch.
He always seems to have time in the ball and ghosted past players.
We always hurt teams more in a midfield with McGeough, McGinn and unfortunately without Bartley whom I think is exceptional at what he does. This is not a negative against Bartley though.

thought Hanlon was MOM he had Griffiths in his back pocket, followed by Dylan who had a good game

lord bunberry
21-10-2017, 04:14 PM
I’m getting increasingly worried that Dylan hasn’t been signed up yet. Does anyone know if he’s been offered a new deal.

SingaporeHibs
21-10-2017, 04:16 PM
Should Laidlaw have saved ?

Yes, should have done better. However, ball shouldn't have made it that far.

Roxyhibee
21-10-2017, 04:38 PM
Dylan was easily the best player by far out of either team.

He is sheer class, never flaps, great feet / balance and reads the game like a top player should. An injury free season would be such a bonus for us.

Roxyhibee
21-10-2017, 04:41 PM
Lay off the drink, Hanlon and Effe were magnificent. 1st goal Barket ( whom was superb and should teach Boyle how to make runs and trapping a ball)let Lustig infront of him. 2nd - Laidlaw

Correct. Both fantastic players and both excellent today.

GreenOnions
21-10-2017, 04:48 PM
I know the MoM is always someone from the home/winning team but I really thought today Dylan was a class apart. He was on the losing siďe but I thought was the best player on the park today against a strong Celtic side.

How Lustig got MoM is amazing. He did score two goals but Barker got the better of him going foward.

Thecat23
21-10-2017, 04:49 PM
I know the MoM is always someone from the home/winning team but I really thought today Dylan was a class apart. He was on the losing siďe but I thought was the best player on the park today against a strong Celtic side.

He was miles ahead of everyone including Celtic players. Fantastic performance from him today.

hibs#1
21-10-2017, 05:36 PM
Thought he was best midfielder on the park today great performance.

MacGruber
21-10-2017, 05:51 PM
Thought he was best midfielder on the park today great performance.

Good news for one of our rivals for the preach contract offers in Jan. We've got other players on longer contracts not even making the bench. Come on Hibs, time to start putting an offer together

MacGruber
21-10-2017, 05:51 PM
Good news for one of our rivals for the preach contract offers in Jan. We've got other players on longer contracts not even making the bench. Come on Hibs, time to start putting an offer together

Pre even lol

Pretty Boy
21-10-2017, 05:53 PM
If he stays fit then he will play at a higher level. All the more reason for us to sort his contract out asap.

Sir David Gray
21-10-2017, 06:31 PM
If he stays fit then he will play at a higher level. All the more reason for us to sort his contract out asap.

If he can stay fit then he should be a regular in the Scotland squad.

Fantastic footballer who I hope is with us for a long time to come.

Godsahibby
21-10-2017, 06:45 PM
What a player man of the match today by a country mile.

Billy Whizz
21-10-2017, 06:46 PM

He’s our Iniesta

Cheshire Hibby
21-10-2017, 06:49 PM
Just arrived back and agree Dylan was our MOTM today

hibee62
21-10-2017, 06:54 PM
Yes, should have done better. However, ball shouldn't have made it that far.

Absolutely, but when lustig scuffed the shot, it seemed like we got away with one. That goal was a bit of a perfect storm with everyone making a mess of it!

EH54
21-10-2017, 06:55 PM
He was brilliant today my MOTM by a mile

Boyle89
21-10-2017, 07:00 PM
Dylan and paul didnt deserve to be on the losing side today. Both played brilliantly. We need mcgeouch signed up longer and fast.

wookie70
21-10-2017, 07:17 PM
Definitely Hibs best player on the park and up there for the MOTM award. Hanlon was excellent again too.

lord bunberry
21-10-2017, 07:40 PM
His performance at times today was properly blowing my frock up.

Nicho87
21-10-2017, 09:09 PM
Give him a 3 year deal

Ilovehibs
21-10-2017, 09:12 PM
Dylan was immense today. Oozed class. Sign him up please Hibs!

Aldo
21-10-2017, 10:02 PM
Dylan for me is the most talented footballer at ER

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Heid Yin
21-10-2017, 10:09 PM
And I also prefer McGinn playing deeper too

It's certainly a game of opinions.
I actually would prefer to see McGinnfurther up in the final third running at defences, and not just creating but scoring goals regularly.

zitelli62
21-10-2017, 11:29 PM
mom today by a mile get him signed up now and some cotton wool for his glass legs to keep him fit absolute joy to watch today the guys class.

calumhibee1
21-10-2017, 11:29 PM
I was of the opinion that Dylan should have been let go in the summer. I’ve thought since the moment he signed that he’s one of our best if not the best player we have, but he was available so infrequently that I felt it was a waste of time. I’m so glad we didn’t and the run he’s put together and his own admission that he thinks it may finally be behind him means I’d love for him to sign a new deal.

Kiddo
22-10-2017, 12:03 AM
Everyone raves about McGinn, mcgeouch is 10 times the player McGinn is or will be. He makes us play

southsider
22-10-2017, 10:51 AM
Dylan for me is the most talented footballer at ER

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yip. We need to get him on 3 or 4 year deal pronto.

matty_f
22-10-2017, 10:55 AM
McGeouch was different class. Hard to split him and Hanlon for man of the match.

If we can extend his contact, we should be making it a priority.

bigwheel
22-10-2017, 10:55 AM
it still amazes me Lennon was prepared to let Dylan go if he found a new club pre-season....I would hope his performances and run of games will make him rethink and get him signed. I worry that the lack of support from the management pre-season, will make Dylan want to seek a new club.

The_Horde
22-10-2017, 11:15 AM
Get him playing deeper from the start and watch him control more games which in turn will result in us..

1. Conceding less goals.

2. Creating more chances

3. Playing nicer football

Lennon is wasting Dylan behind the striker.

Kaff
22-10-2017, 12:29 PM
Sticky first 10 mins if I remember him giving the ball away a couple of times but after that his penetrating runs and passes really gave us hope, definitely best footballer on the pitch.
One moment that made me 'concerned' was at 3-2 he made a fairly long run with the ball and after the move broke down he pulled up near the North touchline grimacing and holding his groin. We'd made all our subs and still chasing hard for the equaliser so he worried me that this injury weaknesses would end all that. However he seemed to grit his teeth and although not moving comfortably he worked hard for the remainder and saw out the game.
I know NL spoke of Dylan having to get over his niggles mentally and basically 'toughening' up, Tuesday will perhaps be a telling line up? Really hope he's starting as he is real class others don't have and especially the Jambos

angus hibby
22-10-2017, 07:19 PM
He’s our Iniesta

Im sure a Spanish journalist said a couple of years ago that Dylan was the only midfielder in Scotland he had seen who resembled the Xavi/Iniesta style of play. I know he’s not in that class but high praise indeed.

Bartley is a very good spoiler but I’d have Dylan in the deeper role all day long. Best player on the park yesterday, especially when he played deeper in 2nd half.

HibeeDaz6270
22-10-2017, 07:28 PM
We need him to play a bit deeper so he can control the game. We can only play him there if Bartley is not in the team. If we play 2 upfront & Bartley I'm not sure we can even play McGeouch centrally. We should look to dominate possession against Hearts so hopefully we go for McGeouch and Mcginn In the middle with 2 upfront .

SirDavidsNapper
22-10-2017, 07:46 PM
If he plays like that on Tuesday Hearts are in trouble

Carheenlea
22-10-2017, 08:43 PM

Chatted about that on way home - that kind of performance is deserving of international consideration.

Nicho87
22-10-2017, 09:44 PM
Scotland don't go for footballers like dylan do they. Big buddies. More chance dorrans getting recalled.sadly

gaz1875
22-10-2017, 09:46 PM
It's certainly a game of opinions.
I actually would prefer to see McGinnfurther up in the final third running at defences, and not just creating but scoring goals regularly.

I say this every week, McGinn needs to be running at defenders not trying to get past attackers first, that is when he tends to overdo things and get caught with the ball. McGeouch has a better vision with his passing and can easy skip past opponents.