PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel?

PatHead
21-10-2017, 02:12 PM
In years gone by I would have felt “Oh well it was Celtic “. Today I am really disappointed. I expect rather than hope to get to finals. Would have loved a day out at Hampden to see us lift another cup. Really felt we had a chance but made it too easy for them by giving soft goals away. Am I expecting too much?

B.H.F.C
21-10-2017, 02:15 PM
A bit let down. Made things too easy for them. Didn't show enough belief first half and that cost us. Lack of belief was from managers to players to the support.

Golden Bear
21-10-2017, 02:16 PM
More disappointed in the team selection and approach to the game rather than the actual result.

Paloschi
In years gone by I would have felt “Oh well it was Celtic “. Today I am really disappointed. I expect rather than hope to get to finals. Would have loved a day out at Hampden to see us lift another cup. Really felt we had a chance but made it too easy for them by giving soft goals away. Am I expecting too much?

I feel we are a good team. We have character and bottle. Lose the cheap goals and we could go far. We didn't deserve to lose that.

Northernhibee
A bit pissed off. We - again - weren't set up the way we should have been.

Individual mistakes cost us but out manager also has to take a good part of the blame too.

Big game on Tuesday.

LithgaeHibby
21-10-2017, 02:20 PM
Some good passages of play in that game and Oli's first senior goal a real highlight. But individual efforts cost us and the upshot is we are beaten again. Derby win is crucial now. Lennon has to work out what his best XI is as he seems to be setting us up all wrong all too often. Final comment - where the heck is Big Dave?

BoomtownHibees
21-10-2017, 02:20 PM
Sat off far too much in the first half and were too negative. Still went in 2-0 down which left us with too much to do although we gave it a bit more of ago in the second half

Pete
21-10-2017, 02:22 PM
Disappointed but we move on.

Time to take it out on Hearts.

matty_f
Feel a bit 'what if?' after that. Celtc were there for the taking but we made it easy for them. Lots to be encouraged about, if anything it sorry of confirms that we can at least be competitive with the very best in the league, but like Aberdeen match last week we're still a bit short.

Would have loved to have had a go at them right from the start rather than waiting until we were two goals down.

Scorrie
Disappointed to be honest. Not great goals to lose. Really excited about Shaw though. Could be a real gem so that’s a positive from today

J-C
21-10-2017, 02:23 PM
Disappointed in a 1st half that we just didn't compete in, gave Celtic too much respect, better shape in the second but too many basic errors again.

Franck Stanton
21-10-2017, 02:26 PM
If I am being honest, more disappointed in the manner of the defeat than the defeat itself. Just hope we get our mojo back for the derby - a similar defeat like today would not be acceptable.

nickwhibs
21-10-2017, 02:28 PM
Thought we played well personally (minus a couple of costly errors) so I'm not too down. And certainly still confident for Tuesday night.

California-Hibs
21-10-2017, 02:28 PM
To be honest, I think the fact we have a derby in a few days has lifted today’s disappointment practically all away sharply for me. Why? Because I’m utterly convinced it’s going to be another derby victory for us!

Keith_M
21-10-2017, 02:30 PM
When they got their second, I thought it was going to be a cricket score, as we looked awful.

Second half was much better but overall disappointed.

Pretty Boy
21-10-2017, 02:31 PM
Disappointed. We never turned up until the pressure was off.

Big performance, some character and the 'winning mentality' needed on Tuesday.

hibee_girl
21-10-2017, 02:32 PM
Disappointed it took us so long to get going, we just cannot give teams a head start like that.

Don’t think we played too badly overall and just glad it wasn’t a 5-0 kind of game which would have dented them before the derby

OxoHibby
21-10-2017, 02:35 PM
More disappointed in the team selection and approach to the game rather than the actual result.

Sane. They are the best team in the country. Given a soft 2 goal lead and different team in 2nd half

cleanyman
21-10-2017, 02:37 PM
I am disappointed in Neil Lennon

Mibbes Aye
21-10-2017, 02:39 PM
Probably a realistic result and performance.

They are a stronger team, throughout. We came into the game as underdogs, didn’t excel, but showed fight. I don’t think we have quite settled on the formations we want and need. Happy to be patient though, we have some great players and I think we will improve as the season goes on.

Tha Cabbage Kid
21-10-2017, 02:46 PM
Some good passages of play in that game and Oli's first senior goal a real highlight. But individual efforts cost us and the upshot is we are beaten again. Derby win is crucial now. Lennon has to work out what his best XI is as he seems to be setting us up all wrong all too often. Final comment - where the heck is Big Dave?I think after oli's performance I would say "who the fxxk is Big David?"

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

where'stheslope
21-10-2017, 02:55 PM
Felt we never got out the traps at all in the first half, and but for a dubious penalty, I don't think we would have been in the second either!

After scoring the penalty you could see they were a tired team and we looked like running over the top of them.

But, Celtic have more aware players and used our pressing to their advantage catching us out on the break more than once before finally scoring the 3rd.

We get a great goal to get it back to 3-2, and again their team created a lot better chances than us and finally scored the killer 4th.

WE still looked a better team than most in the Premiership, but silly goals still costing us this season again???

Zazu62
21-10-2017, 03:01 PM
I thought we were gash. Stokes upfront on his own is a disaster.

weecounty hibby
21-10-2017, 03:08 PM
Thought we played ok and we made chances throughout the game. Dylan and SJM played well in the second half especially. Slivka looked a much better player when he moved into the middle. Sounds daft after losing 4 but I thought Hanlon was superb. Stokes worked away but 1 forward doesn't work for us. barker was ok. Boyle played well when he came on. Shaw looks a player and goals scorer. Sloppy goals in 1st half gave us a mountain to climb. Disappointed but not too despondent.

Gatecrasher
21-10-2017, 03:08 PM
It was a poor first half, I think we are leaving stokes too isolated up front. It showed in the second half if we have a bit more intent we can do a bit of damage. I think 4-2 flattered celtic a bit but were worthy of the win. We need to love on and look at Tuesday now.

noz
21-10-2017, 03:12 PM
A bit let down. Made things too easy for them. Didn't show enough belief first half and that cost us. Lack of belief was from managers to players to the support.

👍

noz
21-10-2017, 03:13 PM

agreed!

Sammy7nil
21-10-2017, 03:16 PM
I thought we were gash. Stokes upfront on his own is a disaster.

A bit harsh but I get where you are coming from.

Baldy Foghorn
21-10-2017, 03:23 PM
Dreadful first half, no drive, verve gusto. Let a tired team play with ball with little pressing...

matty_f
21-10-2017, 03:25 PM
Dreadful first half, no drive, verve gusto. Let a tired team play with ball with little pressing...

Showed Celtc far too much respect in the first half.

scooby
21-10-2017, 03:27 PM
Gave a team a soft 2 goal lead again at Hampden, before we really had a go at them.
What's happened to our defence this season, we look really dodgy at set pieces.
Think Lennon should have had a go at them from the off, so pretty gutted really.

SingaporeHibs
21-10-2017, 03:30 PM
We didn't start well, lost a poor goal from a defensive perspective. Should have won the first header in the box. After that we started to build our play and from 25 minutes it was almost playing out like the game at Parkhead. The difference was the give away 2nd goal. Cheap goal to give away, Defence to blame and the goalie should have done better.
2nd half started much better. Again I thought Stokes was taking too Long in decision making, not good enough again today. A second or two too Long on the ball and it was over. He did take his penalty well. Back in the game but our Defence was again chasing shadows when we lost the 3rd. Bringing the game back to 2-3 was great from the team, lovely passing leading to a great finish from Shaw. I think it was Whittaker that played the final pass thru to a great run from Shaw. There were a couple of moments we created the chance of another but not quite close enough. The 4th Celtic goal is yet another example of the screwed up offside rule. How is Sinclair running directly at the ball from an offside position, (only just beaten to the ball by the scorer) not considered to be interfering play? It's also a poorly officiated rule as depending on linesman we see different results ever week. It's a shambles of a rule. Overall, we didn't do enough. Gave away cheap goals and didn't quite do enough in their box to say we deserved more. The quicker McGregor is back the better. We have missed him badly.

green day
21-10-2017, 03:37 PM
Feel more pish now hearts in the lead........

IlDiavola
21-10-2017, 03:48 PM
A wee bit down but sort of expected it.

Bring on the Hearts!!

Vini1875
21-10-2017, 04:03 PM
Disappointed in Neil Lennon. Far too cautious and giving them way too much respect. Yes they are better than us player for player, but they don't like up them and having a proper go at them is the way to stop them. We made a game of it second half for sure but we have to do more by grafting and harrassing them. We had players who will work hard in Boyle and Murray, yet he plays Slivka and Barker who while decent players are not grafters who will fight for and chase everything. Stokes is not a lone striker.

Oli Shaw was a bright spot in an otherwise dreary day.

chrisski33
21-10-2017, 04:06 PM
Tbh more worried about the Derby they won today are now two points ahead of us.

Bobo
21-10-2017, 04:07 PM
Defensively we are poor with the exception of Hanlon, first half we surrendered possession to the unwashed because our formation was a joke, 1 man up front doslesnt work in any game and we basically handed the first 45 to Celtic by not pressing the game in their defensive third.

Deansy
21-10-2017, 04:11 PM
We've got the team to do well, just need to find that wee bit luck or 'the breaks' that teams like Septic get !

Golden Bear
21-10-2017, 04:16 PM
Disappointed in Neil Lennon. Far too cautious and giving them way too much respect. Yes they are better than us player for player, but they don't like up them and having a proper go at them is the way to stop them. We made a game of it second half for sure but we have to do more by grafting and harrassing them. We had players who will work hard in Boyle and Murray, yet he plays Slivka and Barker who while decent players are not grafters who will fight for and chase everything. Stokes is not a lone striker.

Oli Shaw was a bright spot in an otherwise dreary day.

:top marks

'mon the beers
21-10-2017, 05:36 PM
Disappointed we started with the team that we did. Needed 2 wingers and not Slivka starting out wide. The changes at half time were well needed and positive from Lennon.

Coming away from the game I wasn't that disappointed strangely? We have given them a good game the twice we have played them and I think we will beat them at ER in December - maybe hopeful thinking on my part!

For me Hanlon, Efe and Lewis were solid today and we were close apart from a couple of basic mistakes.

Scottie
21-10-2017, 06:22 PM
Sitting in Glasgow airport waiting for flight home and I’m absolutely gutted with today’s outcome. That was a great chancei if we’re ever going to get one in beating that shower. They are a very poor side when defending against teams with pace running at them.
Thought Lennon’s tactics again were strange to say the least.

On a positive note our fans today were outstanding again . Didn’t stop encouraging from start to finish 👍

thebausburst
21-10-2017, 06:27 PM
All a bit predictable unfortunately, ticket sales refelected confidence for this one

wookie70
21-10-2017, 06:31 PM
P***ed off that we went into another game with a very passive defensive team selection which looked like it would never work and proved to be the case. Heartened that if Lennon gets it right then we might have a chance of top 6 or even top 4 but equally worried that we have played so many games and he doesn't seem to know what his best team is.

Sammy7nil
21-10-2017, 07:55 PM
P***ed off that we went into another game with a very passive defensive team selection which looked like it would never work and proved to be the case. Heartened that if Lennon gets it right then we might have a chance of top 6 or even top 4 but equally worried that we have played so many games and he doesn't seem to know what his best team is.

I agree I said it earlier to my mate NL has no idea what his best 11 is that is why we the fans struggle to predict the team because he has no idea.

SideBurns
21-10-2017, 08:23 PM
I feel a bit like I did after the Dons semi; I'm proud at the character shown to make a game of it having gone 2-0 down, but frustrated we were in that position in the first place.

Like some other posters, I think we showed Celtic too much respect in the first half (in particular, it seemed as if Broony had a 5 yard exclusion zone around him). SJM & Slivka were, quite frankly, hopeless in the opening 45 and were carried by Dylan (MoM by a country mile) and big Marv. The 2 goals lost were soft, but I'd be blaming the markers at the back post before Laidlaw.

Whittaker & Squirrel made a huge impact in the 2nd half down the right and worried them down that wing, without question. From where I was sitting, both their 3rd & 4th goals could've been offside but then our penalty looked a fair challenge. Anyway, we eventually gave Celtic a game once again, just left ourselves too much to do.

Hi Heid Yin
21-10-2017, 10:22 PM
Showed Celtc far too much respect in the first half.

My take too.:agree:

Tornadoes70
21-10-2017, 10:24 PM
I feel a bit like I did after the Dons semi; I'm proud at the character shown to make a game of it having gone 2-0 down, but frustrated we were in that position in the first place.

Like some other posters, I think we showed Celtic too much respect in the first half (in particular, it seemed as if Broony had a 5 yard exclusion zone around him). SJM & Slivka were, quite frankly, hopeless in the opening 45 and were carried by Dylan (MoM by a country mile) and big Marv. The 2 goals lost were soft, but I'd be blaming the markers at the back post before Laidlaw.

Whittaker & Squirrel made a huge impact in the 2nd half down the right and worried them down that wing, without question. From where I was sitting, both their 3rd & 4th goals could've been offside but then our penalty looked a fair challenge. Anyway, we eventually gave Celtic a game once again, just left ourselves too much to do.

Well put mate.

:top marks

emerald green
21-10-2017, 10:41 PM
I feel frustrated. That was a match we might have won had it not been for two very poor goals conceded in the first half.

Forza Fred
21-10-2017, 11:28 PM
When they got their second, I thought it was going to be a cricket score, as we looked awful.

Second half was much better but overall disappointed.

Probably much the same as I felt.

Also the realisation that we are STILL a few players away from where I'd like us to be.

A goalie who consistently does not force us to hold our breath from time to time, a striker with pace who can beat a man AND get a shot in, and full backs who don't play the opposition onside even when they have no chance of even getting involved in the play.

We certainly improved the second half when we 'had a go', but there is certainly room for improvement.

NAE NOOKIE
22-10-2017, 02:22 PM
I didn't think we had much chance before the game, but I'm disappointed that we gave Celtic everything they could have asked for in the first half. In the first 10 minutes our passing was poor and we gave away possession far too cheaply at times, we stood off them far too deep and allowed them far too much time to get moving into our midfield. Both goals were poorly defended, Celtic are good enough to create their own space without being gifted it.

The second half we were so much more positive and Whittaker and Boyle made a huge difference with Boyle winning the penalty and Whittaker playing a sublime pass to slip Shaw in. The change in personnel seemed to free up John McGinn and he was so much better after half time, matching the excellent McGeouch who was our MOM by a distance.

Not so much disappointed by a defeat which was entirely possible given Celtic's ongoing form as by the way it came about .. the two positives are that we never gave up and that we somehow managed to get into a position where we might have levelled the match and the goal for Oli Shaw which hopefully will bolster his confidence.