thebausburst
21-10-2017, 01:18 PM
Simple for me, 11 that ended semi today minus Laidlaw and Barkley

cabbageandribs1875
21-10-2017, 01:19 PM
Barkley ? Barker ? Bartley ?

GreenNWhiteArmy
21-10-2017, 01:22 PM
Depends on formation tbh. We battered hearts last season playing 442 but that was against clueless cathro. Levein will set up to spoil so I think we may go 433.

Marciano
Whittty/Gray I'm happy with either tbh
Ambrose
Hanlon - phenomenal today i thought
Stevenson
Bartley- MUST START in this fixture for me
Mcginn - just starting before Slivka
Dylan
Boyler
Stokes
Barker

Diclonius
21-10-2017, 01:22 PM
Marciano

Gray Ambrose Hanlon Stevenson

Boyle Bartley McGeouch McGinn

Stokes Murray

GreenNWhiteArmy
21-10-2017, 01:23 PM
Marciano

Gray Ambrose Hanlon Stevenson

Boyle Bartley McGeouch McGinn

Stokes Murray

And if we do go 442 this would be my line up

thebausburst
21-10-2017, 01:25 PM
And if we do go 442 this would be my line up

This won't be team, Murray clearly bit out the picture just now so really can't see him starting

Franck Stanton
21-10-2017, 01:25 PM
Have to play two forwards on Tue. Stokes need help and isn't a target man.

Pretty Boy
21-10-2017, 01:28 PM
Surprised at some of the stick Barker is getting. Thought he was decent, going forward anyway.

Diclonius
21-10-2017, 01:31 PM
Surprised at some of the stick Barker is getting. Thought he was decent, going forward anyway.

He played well but we need 2 up front and that means losing one from the midfield. The other 4 are more important IMO.

DTS
21-10-2017, 01:33 PM
Barker and Boyle should start every game for me, we’ve cried for width and wingers but then people want to drop barker who was a threat today first half especially

Heisenberg
21-10-2017, 01:33 PM

I agree. Thought he was dangerous. I’d go..

Marciano

Whittaker
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley
McGeough
McGinn

Boyle
Stokes
Barker

thebausburst
21-10-2017, 01:34 PM
There is just no end product with Barker, no comparison with Boyle he's way more effective, the odd eye catching run from Barker masks his lack of end product with some fans

Tyler Durden
21-10-2017, 01:35 PM
This won't be team, Murray clearly bit out the picture just now so really can't see him starting

A surprise to see Shaw on ahead of him today but Murray is hardly out of the picture.

I think he'll start on Tuesday and the game should suit him, fans respond to the work rate and Stokes needs someone ahead of him.

neil7908
21-10-2017, 01:37 PM
Let's go 4-3-3.

Marciano

Whittaker Ambrose Hanlon Stevenson

McGeough Bartley McGinn

Boyle Big Dave Stokes

Murray, Shaw and Barker all to come off the bench if needed.

Pretty Boy
21-10-2017, 01:39 PM
Personally I'd try and go with as close to the team that finished today as possible.

hibee_girl
21-10-2017, 01:39 PM
There is just no end product with Barker, no comparison with Boyle he's way more effective, the odd eye catching run from Barker masks his lack of end product with some fans

I like Barker but agree Boyle is much better, you could see that instantly when Boyle was on in 2nd half

Wheat Hound
21-10-2017, 01:47 PM

Marciano

Whittaker
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley
McGeough
McGinn

Boyle
Stokes
Barker

I agree

danhibees1875
21-10-2017, 01:55 PM

Marciano

Whittaker
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley
McGeough
McGinn

Boyle
Stokes
Barker

That's the one(11).

DTS
21-10-2017, 02:00 PM
Marciano

Whittaker
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

McGinn
McGeouch

Boyle
Stokes
Barker

Shaw

leither17
21-10-2017, 02:04 PM
No matter who else plays stokes needs to play just behind another striker

leith lynx
21-10-2017, 03:00 PM
No matter who else plays stokes needs to play just behind another striker
Don't forget Danny Swanson, could be a match winner against that mob.

guthrie01
21-10-2017, 03:07 PM
Marciano

Whittaker
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

Slivka
McGinn
McGeouch

Swanson

Stokes
Shaw

Allant1981
21-10-2017, 03:09 PM
marciano
whittaker
ambrose
hanlon
stevenson
boyle
mcgeouch
bartley
barker
stokes
murray

i like mcginn but for a while now he hasnt been anywhere near as good as he can be, he wont get dropped though

Aldo
21-10-2017, 03:15 PM
I agree. Thought he was dangerous. I’d go.. Marciano Whittaker Ambrose Hanlon Stevenson Bartley McGeough McGinn Boyle Stokes Barker

I'd be happy if that was our starting line up on Tuesday!

Pace up top on both flanks. Stokes does need support and playing Barker and Boyle provides this.

007 Mickey Weir
21-10-2017, 03:23 PM
Hearts have issues at left back. Playing a youth right back in there. Get Boyle at him with his pace. Maybe Barker on the other side.

wookie70
21-10-2017, 03:39 PM
If Hearts draw today they will be level on points with us. Could we see a 4 6 0 formation from both Managers.

I'm hoping that Lennon has learnt that playing a very good but lazy number 10 up front on his own with very few runners from midfield doesn't work. It was never going to work but surely he can now see that it will not work. I'm hoping he returns to actually having a go. He had some success with playing really expansive formations in big games so I have no idea why this so called "winner" seems to set us up not to score now. One of the few things I liked about Lennon last year was he went for it in a couple of big games. That seems a very long time ago now after two very dismal starting line ups in the last two games. We looked reasonable with two up top today and I hope Lennon goes for it on Tuesday. As typing Hearts get a fluky deflected goal and are currently above us in the table despite not having played a game at home and only two at Murrayfield. Tuesday's game is even bigger if we are behind Hearts, especially considering our very poor home form.

green day
21-10-2017, 03:40 PM
If Hearts draw today they will be level on points with us. Could we see a 4 6 0 formation from both Managers.

They are currently winning

mutley
21-10-2017, 03:53 PM
They are currently winning

Doing what they always seem to do, scrapping through with a 1-0 win, so it looks like they will be coming at us with confidence. I really hope for a good result on Tuesday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tornadoes70
21-10-2017, 03:57 PM
Yeah, it looks like they will be coming at us with confidence. I really hope for a good result on Tuesday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Been listening to the commentary on the way back, apparently they've been murder polis and its taken a deflection for them to score, jammy barstewards as usual and the ref bottled it to send off one of their players.

We will beat them if a fair ref is in charge midweek.

Mon the Cabbage.

:flag:

Ozyhibby
21-10-2017, 03:58 PM
Whatever team he picks on Tuesday we need to win. Sitting in the bottom 6 with the budget we have is nowhere near good enough especially below a yam team that have played most of their games away from home so far. Very big week for Neil Lennon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heisenberg
21-10-2017, 03:58 PM
Been listening to the commentary on the way back, apparently they've been murder polis and its taken a deflection for them to score, jammy barstewards as usual and the ref bottled it to send off one of their players.

Mon the Cabbage.

It’s Andrew Dallas in charge. He’ll be fair but also hugely incompetent throughout.

theonlywayisup
21-10-2017, 04:04 PM

Mon the Cabbage.

Not sure why so many people are confident that we'll beat them.

We are conceding far too many soft goals. Our midfielders are not scoring enough. And our main striker is often isolated. We offer zero threat from set pieces, but struggle when the opposition have one.

Add to that Potter will make them really difficult to beat.

It's got all the makings of a gritty one nil away win.

I really hope our team are up for the game.

Tornadoes70
21-10-2017, 04:05 PM
It’s Andrew Dallas in charge. He’ll be fair but also hugely incompetent throughout.

Hope to goodness we're not discussing controversial calls made against us on Wednesday morning from him unlike his dad who had a pair of anti green eyes. Let's hope he turns out to be a much more unbiased more competent ref, cause if so we should beat the yams quite comfortably on Tuesday night.

Mon the Cabbage.

RamYer1902
21-10-2017, 04:43 PM
Marciano

Whittaker - Efe - Hanlon - Lewy

McGeouch - Bartley - McGinn

Boyle - Stokes - Barker

Pretty Boy
21-10-2017, 05:47 PM
----------------Marciano-----------

Whittaker---Hanlon--Ambrose--Stevenson

---------McGinn--------McGeough---------

Boyle-------------Slivka----------Barker

-------------------Stokes----------------

Slivka pushing right up to support Stokes, introduce Shaw or Murray after 70 minutes and drop Stokes into the 10 role. Take the game right to them and there's goals to be had.

we are hibs
21-10-2017, 06:19 PM
We need to make sure stokes doesn't end up isolated, Boyle needs to get up and support along with slivka (I assume all 3 will start). They're guff in midfield so I'm sure McGinn, Bartley, Mcgeouch will have no problems in there and I'm condfident that Hanlon can keep Lafferty quiet.

neil7908
21-10-2017, 06:20 PM
I'm nervous about this one in way I wasn't a few weeks ago.

Say what you will about Potter but he isn't Cathro. His teams are hard to beat and out home form has been poor.

We're also developing the nasty habit of losing cheap goals but struggling up front.

This is an absolute must win for us. Losing or even drawing, given we're at home, would be poor.

wookie70
21-10-2017, 06:22 PM
Hope to goodness we're not discussing controversial calls made against us on Wednesday morning from him unlike his dad who had a pair of anti green eyes. Let's hope he turns out to be a much more unbiased more competent ref, cause if so we should beat the yams quite comfortably on Tuesday night.

Mon the Cabbage.

Wish I shared your confidence. We have won 1 league game in the last 7 and that was against a struggling Ross County Team. We don't score many and teams look like they will score against us every time they get the ball in the box from a set piece. Hearts will play the same way as Aberdeen did against us and the only saving grace is they don't score many either. I think it is a flip of the coin game but one thing for sure is that it could be a pivotal moment in Hibs season. The pressure will be on if Hearts are 5 points ahead come Wednesday and it will be just as easy for the team to start looking below us as above.

thebausburst
21-10-2017, 06:24 PM
team desperately need a win, however its achieved

SingaporeHibs
21-10-2017, 06:34 PM
Marciano

Whittaker - Efe - Hanlon - Lewy

McGeouch - Bartley - McGinn

Boyle - Stokes - Barker

This could be the starting line up but if it was we would see Bartley slightly deeper than Dylan and McGinn. Boyle and Barker would be slightly in front of them as 'wingers' but that still leaves the problem of Stokes up front on his own. I really believe we need 2 strikers. Means we need a more traditional 4-4-2. Bring back Murray or Shaw or Big Dave, wouldn't argue with any. Midfield then needs some work. Dylan and McGinn for sure. Then it becomes debatable. Barker or Boyle on one side as we need a direct player to run at them. Boyle gets my nod for the right. Then who to fill the other role? Swanson? Big decisions and we need to get this one correct from the start

smack
21-10-2017, 06:47 PM
Let's go 4-3-3.

Marciano

McGeough Bartley McGinn

Boyle Big Dave Stokes

Murray, Shaw and Barker all to come off the bench if needed.

That’s a 4-3-4!

SteveHFC
21-10-2017, 07:50 PM
Maricano

Whittaker, Ambrose, Hanlon, Stevenson

Barker, McGinn, Bartley, McGeouch

Stokes, Boyle/Murray

Subs:
Laidlaw
Porteous
Gray
Swanson
Slivka
Big Dave/Shaw
Boyle/Murray

Hi Heid Yin
21-10-2017, 08:10 PM

and I'm one of those fans.
The guy has real talent, but with no end product his efforts are wasted. It's like being a man down.
I really do question the quality gap in the EPL between players like Barker and regular EPL first teamers. Our game is derided down south, but few EPL loan players impact when they come north.
Barker is living up to this deserved reputation.
Don't get me wrong, I would love for nothing more than to see Barker go on a tremendous run of scintillating form that leads to lots of goals for our club.
I remain unconvinced that the gap between SPL players and EPL squad players like Barker is huge.

JimBHibees
21-10-2017, 08:18 PM

Slivka pushing right up to support Stokes, introduce Shaw or Murray after 70 minutes and drop Stokes into the 10 role. Take the game right to them and there's goals to be had.

Good team better balance than we currently have.

Blaster
21-10-2017, 08:31 PM
Slivka shouldn't start

andybev1
21-10-2017, 09:34 PM

Gray---Hanlon--Ambrose--Stevenson

---------McGinn----Bartley----McGeough---------

Boyle-----------Stokes------------Swanson

------------------Murray------------------

wookie70
21-10-2017, 09:36 PM

Boyle-----------Stokes------------Swanson

i fancy our chances strongly with that formation but the ref might have something to say about it

andybev1
22-10-2017, 01:58 AM
lol, wtf was I thinking - thought it looked a really strong team! ok then but I cannot promise it will be as good :wink:

Boyle-----------Stokes------------

J-C
22-10-2017, 06:55 AM

This is my team but change Barker for Swanson. I know what Bartley can do in the middle but Dylan makes the team tick in that roaming deep lying playmaker role and he can't do that if Bartley plays. Slivka came to life when moved to the number 10 role, maybe try him there.

Hibeewilly
22-10-2017, 08:48 AM

Mon the Cabbage.

Andrew Dallas is the referee with Willie Collum fourth official

B.H.F.C
22-10-2017, 08:59 AM
Rocky

Whittaker
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

McGeough
Bartley
McGinn

Boyle
Murray
Stokes

Sammy7nil
22-10-2017, 09:03 AM
Rocky

Whittaker
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

McGeough
Bartley
McGinn

Boyle
Murray
Stokes

I would be happy with that team but maybe swap Murray for Swanson

number9dream
22-10-2017, 09:28 AM
Marciano will probably return after a bad day for Laidlaw.
Not many options for change at the back at the moment; only Whittaker or Gray debate and our captain did himself no favours at Hampden. I'd like to see Porteous given a chance at this level in a back three but this is not the game for that experiment.
Bartley has been outstanding in recent derbies but do we continue using four guys who want to play central?
Boyle, Barker and Swanson are hot and cold, can we afford to use up two spots for these guys in such a big game?
Stokes is a certain starter but is struggling from lack of support and there is no second striker on form if Murray is out of favour, Dave is nowhere to be seen and Shaw is still a pup.

Is it time to polish the crazy diamond?

Marciano
Bartley
McGeouch McGinn
Slivka
Boyle Stokes

Hearts set up 4-5-1 at home to St Johnstone, with Laff the giraffe out wide, so they're not going to be too adventurous. Need to watch from him arriving at back post for headers. They are a threat at set-pieces, with Berra very good in the air.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-10-2017, 09:40 AM
We know that Hearts will play a lot of long balls and diagonals and if we are switched on at the back to clear it all and pick up second balls we will be fine.

LaMotta
22-10-2017, 10:23 AM
Slivka shouldn't start

If he does, it's time for him to step up to the plate and show he is as good as many people on here have claimed he is.

Speedway
22-10-2017, 10:26 AM
Marciano

Whittaker
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley
McGeough
Boyle
Swanson

Murray
Stokes

mcfly
22-10-2017, 10:57 AM
Hearts will flood the midfield and only play 1 up front

If mcgregor is fit I would go 3-5-2

Marciano

Ambrose, McGregor, Hanlon
Whittaker, mcgeough, Bartley, mcginn, Stevenson
Stokes, Shaw

ancient hibee
22-10-2017, 01:10 PM
Wonder if McGeough will be fit,maybe Swanson instead.

Ryan91
22-10-2017, 01:24 PM
Whatever Lennon choses on Tuesday, he absolutely has to play either Simon Murray or Oli Shaw from the start up front with Stokes. They will sit back and defend and as much as I like Boyle and Barker, I'm not sure that both can support Stokes if he plays as a lone striker against a team that is going to park the bus like Hearts will no doubt do on Tuesday

eastmainsmsh
22-10-2017, 01:35 PM
Marciano

Gray Ambrose Hanlon
Bartley
Whittaker Mcgeouch Mcginn Barker
Stokes Murray

bruno
22-10-2017, 02:06 PM
Marciano

Gray Ambrose Hanlon
Bartley
Whittaker Mcgeouch Mcginn Barker
Stokes Murray
Will be an interesting game Tuesday
We are really struggling for midfielders with Cowie, adjoin both missing
No left back so will likely play an out of form smith at left back and Randall at right back
Centre half is strongest with Berra outstanding and Souter having bulked up and cut out sloppiness now a key player
Ideally we'd play a back 3 but Hughes injured too
Midfield 16 year old Harry Cochrane will probably start, fantastic ability but naturally very lightweight
Probably play 17 year old Henderson at right mid unless he goes with the experienced but pedestrian Buaben
Walker isma and Lafferty up front
Not a lot of goals in team but won't concede many either
our football is effective but not pretty as opposed to Cathro regime was pretty but hopeless
We are light physically in midfield but strong back and front

Gmack7
23-10-2017, 07:28 AM
while I think the cheats team is generally crap the full backs are a different level of crap and must be exploited so pace down the flanks is a must

HibeeDaz6270
23-10-2017, 08:14 AM
If we want to play 2 up top Bartley has to drop out to allow McGeouch to play central. We could not play McGeouch central with 2 up top and Bartley in the team.

erin go bragh
23-10-2017, 08:38 AM
Does anyone know how much it costs to upgrade a child's ticket to an adult for the derby?

Aldo
23-10-2017, 08:45 AM
If we want to play 2 up top Bartley has to drop out to allow McGeouch to play central. We could not play McGeouch central with 2 up top and Bartley in the team.

I'd be very very surprised if Big Marv is dropped. If anyone drops out I think it'll be Slivka or maybe Barker. I do however think Barker had a good game on Sat and if the yams play their young full backs I'd have Barker on one flank and Boyle on the other.

Big decisions to be made for NL.

pacoluna
23-10-2017, 08:45 AM
Wish I shared your confidence. We have won 1 league game in the last 7 and that was against a struggling Ross County Team. We don't score many and teams look like they will score against us every time they get the ball in the box from a set piece. Hearts will play the same way as Aberdeen did against us and the only saving grace is they don't score many either. I think it is a flip of the coin game but one thing for sure is that it could be a pivotal moment in Hibs season. The pressure will be on if Hearts are 5 points ahead come Wednesday and it will be just as easy for the team to start looking below us as above.

the same people have been saying this for the past 7 games we have played them " its a flip of the coin" :faf: no it isn't there is a reason we will be odds on.

Billy Whizz
23-10-2017, 08:52 AM
Does anyone know how much it costs to upgrade a child's ticket to an adult for the derby?

Depends on the Stand it’s in

Nicho87
23-10-2017, 09:26 AM
Marciano

McGinn Bartley Dylan

Boyle Stokes Swanson

Iain G
23-10-2017, 09:35 AM
Marciano

McGinn Bartley Dylan

Boyle Stokes Swanson

I think I probably agree with you though worry about Swanson a little bit.

Big Davey up front with Stokes could be interesting as he would give Berra a good physical contest? Or Murray with Stokes and Boyle and Swanson wide, but who do you drop out of that midfield three?!?

J-C
23-10-2017, 09:43 AM
It depends if Lennon want to stamp his authority on Hearts or not, it would show great intent going with an attacking set up, defend from the front team.

Marciano

Whittaker
McGregor/Ambrose
Hamlin
Stevenson

McGeouch
McGinn

Boyle
Sokes
Swanson

Murray.

Standard 4-2-3-1 set up, Stokes plays better sitting behind the striker and Swanson is due a run in the team, Dylan sitting deep orchestrating play and tempo.

Jones28
23-10-2017, 09:57 AM
Marciano
Whittiker Ambrose Hanlon(C) Stevenson
Bartley Mcgeough
Boyle Mcginn Barker
Stokes

This would be my starting team, have pace in the wide areas and try and get at their full backs. Stokes starts up front with SJM in the hole. Whittiker made a huge difference when he came on in the SF and I think Bartley is the man for derbys. Pull him and Mcgeough in the middle, one can go the other can hold and allow the midfield to play high up the pitch while keeping bodies in the middle of the park for recycling the ball. Really important we cut out the silly goals but i can honestly say the only player who i think has the potential to cause problems is jamie walker but i'm confident that they will be worried about most of our creative players - especially that front 4.

Jones28
23-10-2017, 09:58 AM

My student concession is about £12 to uprgrade - not sure if thats the same as a kids ticket.

GreenNWhiteArmy
23-10-2017, 10:05 AM
It's a game where it shows we really miss someone like big Holt up front. For his lack of goals, he was excellent at getting, and keeping us up the pitch. It meant JC (Stokes this season) could buzz about without having to stay central and on the CB.

A combination of pace and power will win us the derby. 2 games in NL's tenure stick in the mind. Dundee Utd at home and Hearts (replay in the cup) and we utterly dominated both with pace and power. Marv in the centre. We need a striker to stay between the 2 centre halfs though and I don't know who could perform that role??

Carheenlea
23-10-2017, 10:17 AM
Nothing less than a win will be acceptable tomorrow night. Had a couple of difficult opponents in Celtic and Aberdeen, but Hearts are a few steps down from that. There should be an expectation of winning against them, especially at Easter Road. Personally, I'm expecting it to be a breeze.

JimBHibees
23-10-2017, 10:20 AM
Nothing less than a win will be acceptable tomorrow night. Had a couple of difficult opponents in Celtic and Aberdeen, but Hearts are a few steps down from that. There should be an expectation of winning against them, especially at Easter Road. Personally, I'm expecting it to be a breeze.

The way we are shipping goals at the moment I dont think any games can be seen as a breeze. Think it will be very like the Aberdeen game with clear bookings being ignored. We will need to be hugely at it and think we will win however wont be a breeze at all IMO.

JeMeSouviens
23-10-2017, 10:44 AM
No left back so will likely play an out of form smith at left back and Randall at right back
Centre half is strongest with Berra outstanding and Souter having bulked up and cut out sloppiness now a key player
Midfield 16 year old Harry Cochrane will probably start, fantastic ability but naturally very lightweight
Probably play 17 year old Henderson at right mid unless he goes with the experienced but pedestrian Buaben
our football is effective but not pretty as opposed to Cathro regime was pretty but hopeless

As long as he's got a v flexible neck, he'll fit right in. :wink:

JeMeSouviens
23-10-2017, 10:47 AM
The way we are shipping goals at the moment I dont think any games can be seen as a breeze. Think it will be very like the Aberdeen game with clear bookings being ignored. We will need to be hugely at it and think we will win however wont be a breeze at all IMO.

:agree: we struggle against stuffy opponents, and there will be none stuffier than a Levein team.

CorrieHibs
23-10-2017, 11:09 AM

I defo don't think this will be a breeze. We've only won once at home this season in the league and that was against Partick Thistle.

Levein will have them well up for this. It's going to be frantic.

We should win the midfield battle but we have to make this count. Need to stop losing silly goals as well.

We need to win this to get back on track.

Not In The Know
23-10-2017, 11:36 AM
Potter will do his usual and try and kill the game. He will be happy with a draw.

Springbank
23-10-2017, 11:39 AM
Marciano
Bartley Mcgeough
Boyle Mcginn Barker
Stokes

This is what I was going to write

Like the Dundee Utd game last January under the lights, and then the derby cup replay that followed, we won the game with our wingers pinning the opponent back, terrifying them, getting them facing their own goal a lot, with a solid midfield and back 4 supplying the passes to the pacy wingers.

Hearts lack pace badly at the back. Berra a stick on red card for being caught wrong-side as last man if we play it right.

Get at them from the off and score within the first 10...

Sammy7nil
23-10-2017, 11:50 AM
I'd be very very surprised if Big Marv is dropped. If anyone drops out I think it'll be Slivka or maybe Barker. I do however think Barker had a good game on Sat and if the yams play their young full backs I'd have Barker on one flank and Boyle on the other.

Big decisions to be made for NL.

It is a bit of a hobby horse of mine but it would have to be Slivka he has done very little since he arrived - Yeah I know out of position still learning etc etc but the fact remains take out the Ibrox game and I have seen little to think he deserves a place.

Aldo
23-10-2017, 11:55 AM
It is a bit of a hobby horse of mine but it would have to be Slivka he has done very little since he arrived - Yeah I know out of position still learning etc etc but the fact remains take out the Ibrox game and I have seen little to think he deserves a place.

I would agree and play either Boyle or Murray.

GreenOnions
23-10-2017, 12:05 PM
Marciano
Bartley Mcgeough
Boyle Mcginn Barker
Stokes

This would be my starting team, have pace in the wide areas and try and get at their full backs. Stokes starts up front with SJM in the hole. Whittiker made a huge difference when he came on in the SF and I think Bartley is the man for derbys. Pull him and Mcgeough in the middle, one can go the other can hold and allow the midfield to play high up the pitch while keeping bodies in the middle of the park for recycling the ball. Really important we cut out the silly goals but i can honestly say the only player who i think has the potential to cause problems is jamie walker but i'm confident that they will be worried about most of our creative players - especially that front 4.

I like this team for Tuesday too. I'd love to be sticking Swanson in there somewhere but I think he's got work to do before he can justify a start in a game like this.

RG63
23-10-2017, 12:18 PM
I think Barker is a confidence player. Ultimately over time he will probably be quite frustrating, do something great then fluff the easy bit. The main issue with playing both him and Boyle is the lack of defensive cover this provides against the counter attack. One thing that is certain Stokes requires someone up front with him. I would go for Murray as he harasses more and will hopefully unsettle Berra and Soutar. Soutar has shown before he doesn't like someone pressing him. Shaw is still a bit raw and even on Saturday he didn't look like he had the legs for the pace of the game just now. Bring him on as impact sub along with Barker. Just my thoughts as I submit my first post!!!

JDHibs
23-10-2017, 12:39 PM
Laidlaw
Whitty Hanlon Ambrose
Boyle McGeouch Bartley McGinn Stevenson
Stokes Murray

Win the midfield battle and we win the game. Stevenson to keep Walker quiet. McGinn/McGeouch to run the midfield and dictate. Murray to chase every ball and pressurise.

Easy.

Nicho87
23-10-2017, 12:54 PM
How many games are we unbeaten against them?

pacoluna
23-10-2017, 12:55 PM

7 but according to some its still a toss of a coin if we win or not.

Nicho87
23-10-2017, 12:57 PM
7 but according to some its still a toss of a coin if we win or not.

Cheers. Tight game. 1-0 hibs

eastcoasthibby
23-10-2017, 12:58 PM

Absolutely agree ...can NL fit him in ?

eastcoasthibby
23-10-2017, 01:01 PM

Does this really mean anything ...given way we are playing shipping stupid goals and pretty poor in the last third ..it.could go anyway ..I hate to say ..

WeveGotMcginn
23-10-2017, 01:25 PM

Agreed- would have him in before barker/slivka for this game
Marciano
Whittaker ambrose hanlon stevenson
Mcgeouch bartley
Boyle Mcginn Swanson
Stokes

BegbieHSC
23-10-2017, 01:38 PM
Marciano

Whittaker-Hanlon-Ambrose-Stevenson

----------Bartley-------

--McGeough---McGinn

----Boyle/Swanson------

-- -Stokesy---Murray

pacoluna
25-10-2017, 10:12 AM
When will certain posters stop suggesting that Hibs v hearts is "a toss of a coin" whether we win or not. :wink:

JeMeSouviens
25-10-2017, 10:15 AM

Dunno about not pretty? You looked pretty hopeless to me? :wink:

JeMeSouviens
25-10-2017, 10:16 AM
When will certain posters stop suggesting that Hibs v hearts is "a toss of a coin" whether we win or not. :wink:

When we win games we totally dominate by 3 or 4 goals?