PDA

View Full Version : Isn't that the worst YNWA ever

theonlywayisup
21-10-2017, 01:11 PM
Nothing like Sunshine on Leith

HIBERNIAN-0762
21-10-2017, 01:14 PM
Only a token gesture, they are in another final so they don't really bother.

cabbageandribs1875
21-10-2017, 01:16 PM
if we won so many semi-finals/finals SOL would sound a bit deflated as well

Sir David Gray
21-10-2017, 01:33 PM
Most unoriginal club in the world.

Carheenlea
21-10-2017, 01:39 PM
Lame. As many Celtic fans in the ground at full time than Hibs fans.

Swedish hibee
21-10-2017, 01:43 PM
Liverpool fans should sue them. A great football anthem was ruined- I'm sure there is a slander or libel law that'd cover it!

HH81
21-10-2017, 02:01 PM
I left just before the end and there was 1000sof them already outside. Don't even stay to see their team win.

Greencore
21-10-2017, 03:01 PM
Liverpool fans should sue them. A great football anthem was ruined- I'm sure there is a slander or libel law that'd cover it!

Man utd sang it first lol

weecounty hibby
21-10-2017, 03:01 PM
Most unoriginal club in the world.

Was saying that walking out
Colours - someone else's
Strip design - someone else's
YNWA - someone else's
The huddle - done before
The Poznan - taken from others
"More than a club" - unashamedly stolen
They haven't had a single original idea in their history. If I sound bitter then that's because I am. Can't stand the club and their fans and just watched them beat us again at Hampden. Pissed right off

Carheenlea
21-10-2017, 03:04 PM
Colours - someone else's
YNWA - someone else's
The huddle - done before
They haven't had a single original idea in their history. If I sound bitter then that's because I am. Can't stand the club and their fans and just watched them beat us again at Hampden. Pissed right off

:top marks :hilarious

wookie70
21-10-2017, 03:11 PM
I parked at Asda and watched thousands walk by without a smile on a single face.

Sir David Gray
21-10-2017, 03:12 PM
Colours - someone else's
YNWA - someone else's
The huddle - done before

:agree: **** Celtic. Despise them with a passion.

kennyh
21-10-2017, 03:20 PM
My daughter turned to me at FT and asked me why they were all leaving and not celebrating by singing their song.
I said to her that they win so often it stops to really matter like it would have to us. Any big win is massive for us, but to them unless it's a Champions League game they are not overly bothered.

I am so proud to be a Hibee and enjoy the passion i have for our club.
We may not have the same number of fans but we made just as much noise as them.
BRING ON THE JAMTARTS

Famous Fiver
21-10-2017, 04:03 PM
Embarrassing does not come into it. They do not have ONE original football song.

YNAW was cringeworthy.

Really can't stand them. Playacting, cynical timewasters.

Our day will come.

givescotlandfreedom
21-10-2017, 04:49 PM
They're boring glory hunters. I don't think they will ever have the feeling we did on 21/5/16

Scouse Hibee
21-10-2017, 05:07 PM

No they never lol. Ignore the story telling Manc granny.

emerald green
21-10-2017, 10:37 PM
YNWA belongs to Liverpool FC, nobody else.

DH1875
21-10-2017, 10:40 PM
Remember after the last cup final we played them in getting back to central station and there being 100s of them about. Still can't figure how they managed to celebrate, watch their team lift the cup and make it into the city centre before us :confused:

Bishop Hibee
21-10-2017, 11:06 PM
The only way they’ll celebrate the way we did when we won the Scottish Cup is if they win a European trophy. It makes me happy this will never happen.

ajf
22-10-2017, 04:02 AM
[QUOTE=givescotlandfreedom;5197699]They're boring glory hunters. I don't think they will ever have the feeling we did on 21/5/16[/QUOT

They'll never have the feeling we had on 22/5/16 either :agree:

FilipinoHibs
22-10-2017, 04:08 AM

Was a Hibs song in early to late seventies.

3pm
22-10-2017, 07:05 AM
They'll never have the feeling we had on 22/5/16 either :agree:

A hangover? A parade?

LancashireHibby
22-10-2017, 07:42 AM
Really must be a miserable existence being a Celtic fan. Hope Tom English appreciates the irony of there being so many empty seats in the Celtic end before their team had even left the field.

No they never lol. Ignore the story telling Manc granny.
Not to say that Utd were the first, but didn’t most clubs sing it for a spell during the 70’s? Before my time but have been told that more than once and it took a good few years before it was really only associated with Liverpool.

Paisley Hibby
22-10-2017, 08:12 AM
Colours - someone else's
YNWA - someone else's
The huddle - done before

To be fair, the slogan is "a club like no other"? Which is true since I can't think of any other which is a Scottish Club that thinks it's Irish and really wants to play in England.

jockodile
22-10-2017, 08:26 AM
To be fair, the slogan is "a club like no other"? Which is true since I can't think of any other which is a Scottish Club that thinks it's Irish and really wants to play in England.

For Celtic a semi final in the LC is nothing really for a lot of their fans. Unsurprising therefore if they are away early, their only concerns will be finals of this and the SC, Old Firm games and to a much lesser extent games in the league against Aberdeen/maybe Hibs. It is the European games they are interested in.

I was amazed in 2013 coming over from Australia to see another chance at the Holy Grail dashed to find Celtic fans back in Glasgow city ctr utterly unmoved at winning the cup and thinking how different our days would be should we ever end up on the winning side.

21 5 2016 told that in spades.

Fergos
22-10-2017, 08:40 AM
For Celtic a semi final in the LC is nothing really for a lot of their fans. Unsurprising therefore if they are away early, their only concerns will be finals of this and the SC, Old Firm games and to a much lesser extent games in the league against Aberdeen/maybe Hibs. It is the European games they are interested in.

I was amazed in 2013 coming over from Australia to see another chance at the Holy Grail dashed to find Celtic fans back in Glasgow city ctr utterly unmoved at winning the cup and thinking how different our days would be should we ever end up on the winning side.

21 5 2016 (tel:21 5 2016) told that in spades.

We easily outstanding them at the end of the 2013 cup final despite us beating beaten and them winning the thing. All you could here was Hibees Hibees Hibees ringing round Hampden

Very proud to be a Hibernian supporter that day - and every day. Bring on the Jambos.

GGTTH

Keith_M
22-10-2017, 09:30 AM
I think they call themselves 'a club like no other'

Play in green? Not even the first
Founded by poor immigrants? Ditto
Give money to charity? So do most clubs.
Fans who sing sectarian ditties? So do The Rangers
Persecution complex? Ditto
Greatest Fans in the world? sorry I just spat out my coffee...

Ryan91
22-10-2017, 10:05 AM

21 5 2016 told that in spades.

Celtic couldn't give a crap about a final or semi-final unless they're playing The Rangers, to them it's just another game.

Toldo123
22-10-2017, 11:24 AM
Was a Hibs song in early to late seventies.We definitely sang it when we won league cup against Dunfermline after presentation.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

jockodile
22-10-2017, 11:30 AM
We easily outstanding them at the end of the 2013 cup final despite us beating beaten and them winning the thing. All you could here was Hibees Hibees Hibees ringing round Hampden

Very proud to be a Hibernian supporter that day - and every day. Bring on the Jambos.

GGTTH

the defiant singing late on in that match is still one of my fondest Hibernian memories. can still recall it vividly

22-10-2017, 12:05 PM
Aye because most of them had left, just another win, just another final. Totally meaningless. God it must be so boring being a celtic fan. Don't get me wrong I'd love if hibs won every game and guarenteed at very least 1 trophy a season but it must become so routine and boring. When they beat us the 2013 SC final I remeber leaving the stadium and there were celtic fans walking up the road as well, it was just nothing to them, just another cup. Compare that to the emotion and the scenes of the 21st of May 2016.

NAE NOOKIE
22-10-2017, 12:18 PM
To be honest I was quite surprised at how poor the Celtic fans were yesterday, they only came to life a couple of times and their desertion of the stadium at the end was pretty poor stuff I thought. It really does seem that constantly winning has sucked all the joy out of them, certainly so far as domestic football goes. As somebody else alluded to, by the demeanour of some of them outside the ground you could be forgiven for thinking they had lost the game yesterday.

I cant help thinking the influence the Green Brigade has at Celtic is actually starting to have a detrimental effect on the style of support the club enjoys, all this political carry on if you ask me is detracting from the normal stuff like singing about the club and the team .... pretty well going back to the 2013 cup final its reasonable to say they certainly aren't what they used to be. I cant say I'm unhappy about it :greengrin

22-10-2017, 12:18 PM
I think they call themselves 'a club like no other'

Play in green? Not even the first
Founded by poor immigrants? Ditto
Give money to charity? So do most clubs.
Fans who sing sectarian ditties? So do The Rangers
Persecution complex? Ditto
Greatest Fans in the world? sorry I just spat out my coffee...

Agreed. they have this perception of themselves that they are this wonderful, upstanding club and something special. Embarrssing. They cannot for the life of them figure out why people don't like them, they expect to be adored and admired.

Best fans in the world? HA give me a break. As mentioned already on this thread, everything is copied and stolen from elsewhere and just like there neighbours they are bogged down by religion and politics. I absolutely hate their patronising pish towards us as well. We are not and never will be their wee pals. We share a similar history yes but in the main our support have moved well past the bigotry in it all.

So enjoy your final celtic, as meaningless and bog standard as it is to you. I wouldn't swap places with you for anything, the feeling I had on 21/05/2016 will never again be replicated and is something you lot can only imagine.

Jim44
23-10-2017, 05:35 AM
YNWA is an anagram of :yawn:

Johnny Clash
23-10-2017, 06:59 AM

I never liked singing it back then tbh. Boring old misty eyed song. Celtc, Liverpool and bevied up crooning old uncles at weddings welcome to it!

Doesn’t come close to Sunshine on Leith!

Scouse Hibee
23-10-2017, 07:03 AM
I never liked singing it back then tbh. Boring old misty eyed song. Celtc, Liverpool and bevied up crooning old uncles at weddings welcome to it!

Doesn’t come close to Sunshine on Leith!

To a Hibs supporter of course it wont.

Johnny Clash
23-10-2017, 11:34 AM
To a Hibs supporter of course it wont.

Not just ... see the response it gets to non partisan crowds at T in the Park and other music festivals. Superb. YNWA on the other hand would send the crowd to sleep! :-)

Swedish hibee
23-10-2017, 11:45 AM
Not just ... see the response it gets to non partisan crowds at T in the Park and other music festivals. Superb. YNWA on the other hand would send the crowd to sleep! :-)

I witnessed a large crowd sing it at a Hillsborough vigil here in Sweden. Was one of the most moving things I've ever seen. Can't hear it now without thinking of that. Guess it means something different to many different people.

Geo_1875
23-10-2017, 12:37 PM
YNWA belongs to Liverpool FC, nobody else.

Rodgers and Hammerstein beg to differ.

Musical theatre at it's worst. It's up there with Johnny Todd as a dull uninspirational football anthem.

cabbageandribs1875
23-10-2017, 12:46 PM

yup, then we broke in to the 100mph version :greengrin think the 3rd verse was you'll never walk again :hilarious anyways, tiz a cringey song and stuff walking through the wind and rain

DH1875
23-10-2017, 02:22 PM
I remember singing YNWA at the league cup final when rangers beat us at parkhead. Don't know if its an age thing or just where I was standing but I remember it as feeling and being a bit special.

Would also say that the last 20 minutes of the last cup final we played against celtic were great, up there with some of my best memories following Hibs. The look on the celtic fans faces as they stood there watching us bounce about will stay with me forever :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
23-10-2017, 02:27 PM
yup, then we broke in to the 100mph version :greengrin think the 3rd verse was you'll never walk again :hilarious anyways, tiz a cringey song and stuff walking through the wind and rain

Walk on with a boot in your groin..... :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
23-10-2017, 05:38 PM
I witnessed a large crowd sing it at a Hillsborough vigil here in Sweden. Was one of the most moving things I've ever seen. Can't hear it now without thinking of that. Guess it means something different to many different people.

Nail on head.

WhileTheChief..
23-10-2017, 05:54 PM

We did a bit in double time with some hand claps thrown in too.

It’s a cracking tune and both Celtic Park and Anfield look impressive when in full swing.

JimBHibees
24-10-2017, 07:01 AM

GGTTH

Yet the media took great pride in ripping us for that saying we were celebrating defeat, other more reasonable observers would say we were showing our pride in our team. Very strange indeed.

Johnny Clash
24-10-2017, 08:44 AM
Talking of songs sung at our games - I used to know the guy who wrote ‘In my Liverpool Home’. Sadly Pete McGovern passed away in 2006 but he was a really nice bloke and a good comrade. He was very diplomatic when I tried to teach him our ‘improved’ lyrics to his song. For a start he didn’t know what ‘Gorgie was - and that’s how it should be!!