PDA

View Full Version : Bus passes for semi

scoopyboy
20-10-2017, 08:06 AM
Been away for a few days, has anybody received theirs yet?

Keith_M
20-10-2017, 09:04 AM
On that subject, where are the buses being parked?

I'm supposed to be meeting a couple of people off the DotNet bus but they weren't sure where/when they arrive.

Albanian Hibs
20-10-2017, 09:05 AM
I believe our bus has a pass

smack
20-10-2017, 09:23 AM
You need to wait until you’re 60 to get a bus pass scoop

Pretty Boy
20-10-2017, 09:40 AM
Been away for a few days, has anybody received theirs yet?

I got an email saying due to high demand Hibs would be unable to issue one and just to keep an eye out for directions and parking arrangments.

Seems bizarre considering it's never been an issue for far bigger crowds at previous semi finals and finals. No big deal but just a bit strange. I even offered to go in and collect if posting it out was the problem.

Keith_M
20-10-2017, 09:47 AM
I got an email saying due to high demand Hibs would be unable to issue one and just to keep an eye out for directions and parking arrangments.

Seems bizarre considering it's never been an issue for far bigger crowds at previous semi finals and finals. No big deal but just a bit strange. I even offered to go in and collect if posting it out was the problem.

Hi PB, do you know where they're parking the Hibs buses?

Wee Effen Bee
20-10-2017, 09:50 AM
Wow, that must be a big tadger...or a wee bus.:greengrin

scoopyboy
20-10-2017, 10:00 AM
Just a wee update, Frank Dougan must have read my post and phoned me pretty much straight away.

Says they were getting mailed out on Wednesday night.

Postie not been to house yet so couldn't argue.

Realise this contradicts what Pretty Boy posted earlier.

For punters who complain about Fans Reps I think it's only fair they couldn't have done much more in this instance.

Pretty Boy
20-10-2017, 10:02 AM

I'm assuming there will be official information this afternoon but from memory of the last time we were at the west end I'm sure buses are directed through Battlefield and park in the Kings Park area.

scoopyboy
20-10-2017, 10:03 AM

It's supposed to be in the main stand car park, but can't imagine we will get in there without bus passes.

HibeeMassive
20-10-2017, 10:39 AM
We got ours through yesterday, blue car park (Letherby Drive from memory) and the email with route etc just came out 5 mins ago.
The Blue Car park states passes only though - last time we were at the end, other bus (and car) parking was around Queens Park.

It says in the email which just came out that car park pass holders need to be in 90 minutes before though!? Surely not... we'd need to be in Glasgow for 10:45. To hell with that, I'd rather have the 10 minute walk to the ground. Anyone know if they do close the car park that early, or is that just to get you there sharp. Assuming the roads will close maybe 30 mins before or something like that?

franks
20-10-2017, 10:41 AM

Same here, registered on 4th Oct. e-mailed reception yesterday and got same e-mail as PB. Obviously nonsense as there has never a problem before where demand would have been far higher such as the 2 finals in 2016.

Pretty Boy
20-10-2017, 10:56 AM
Same here, registered on 4th Oct. e-mailed reception yesterday and got same e-mail as PB. Obviously nonsense as there has never a problem before where demand would have been far higher such as the 2 finals in 2016.

Tbh I'm at fault as I left it until Monday to register. I'm not even bothered about a pass for a car park but an official number is always helpful as the Police tend to take more notice when directing when you have one.

HibeeMassive
20-10-2017, 11:00 AM

We've never managed a stadium parking pass in the past 4/5 years, always ended up with on street parking. They did usually send out the standard "Hibs Bus No: xx" sheets though along with the directions.

Keith_M
20-10-2017, 11:24 AM
I'm assuming there will be official information this afternoon but from memory of the last time we were at the west end I'm sure buses are directed through Battlefield and park in the Kings Park area.

It's supposed to be in the main stand car park, but can't imagine we will get in there without bus passes.

Cheers guys

Pretty Boy
20-10-2017, 02:36 PM
travel directions for coaches now posted on the official site:

PRE MATCH ROUTES FOR HIBERNIAN SUPPORTERS COACHES APPROACHING THE WEST OF THE STADIUM

M8 Westbound: Exit the M8 at Junction 22 and join the M77. Leave the M77 at Junction 1, Dumbreck Road, turn left onto Dumbreck Road and continue until the junction with Titwood Road (high vehicles such as double deck buses – turn right, Haggs Road, turn left Shawmoss Road, turn right Titwood Road) continue Titwood Road. Turn right onto Minard Road continue onto Langside Avenue to the roundabout (Monument). Take the second exit at the roundabout onto Battlefield Road, continue on Battlefield Road to the first traffic light junction and bear right remaining on Battlefield Road to the ‘T’ junction with Cathcart Road. Turn left onto Cathcart Road and take the immediate right onto Letherby Drive, where coaches will be directed to park in the ‘blue carpark’.

A bus pass for the blue car park will be required for entry.

Buses entering the car park must enter no later than 90 minutes prior to kick off.

Those without a pass should utilise on street parking at Battlefield Road and Langside Road as directed by police motorcycles.

M80 Southbound: Join M8 Westbound and continue as above.

M74 Northbound: Continue from the M74 onto the M73 and thereafter onto the M8 Westbound and continue as above.

M8 Eastbound: Exit at Junction 22, Seaward Street, keep to right lane travelling under motorway bridge, join M77 Northbound, keep left continue on M77 Exit at Junction 1, Dumbreck Road, turn right and continue as above.

A77/M77 Northbound: Exit at Junction 1, Dumbreck Road, turn right and continue as above.

Private Transport

IFONLY
20-10-2017, 05:47 PM
[QUOTE=Pretty Boy;5196245]travel directions for coaches now posted on the official site:

PRE MATCH ROUTES FOR HIBERNIAN SUPPORTERS COACHES APPROACHING THE WEST OF THE STADIUM

M8 Westbound: Exit the M8 at Junction 22 and join the M77. Leave the M77 at Junction 1, Dumbreck Road, turn left onto Dumbreck Road and continue until the junction with Titwood Road (high vehicles such as double deck buses – turn right, Haggs Road, turn left Shawmoss Road, turn right Titwood Road) continue Titwood Road. Turn right onto Minard Road continue onto Langside Avenue to the roundabout (Monument). Take the second exit at the roundabout onto Battlefield Road, continue on Battlefield Road to the first traffic light junction and bear right remaining on Battlefield Road to the ‘T’ junction with Cathcart Road. Turn left onto Cathcart Road and take the immediate right onto Letherby Drive, where coaches will be directed to park in the ‘blue carpark’.

Buses entering the car park must enter no later than 90 minutes prior to kick off.

Those without a pass should utilise on street parking at Battlefield Road and Langside Road as directed by police motorcycles.

M74 Northbound: Continue from the M74 onto the M73 and thereafter onto the M8 Westbound and continue as above.

M8 Eastbound: Exit at Junction 22, Seaward Street, keep to right lane travelling under motorway bridge, join M77 Northbound, keep left continue on M77 Exit at Junction 1, Dumbreck Road, turn right and continue as above.

A77/M77 Northbound: Exit at Junction 1, Dumbreck Road, turn right and continue as above.

Its totally ridiculous leaving it to 2 days before the game to tell you that you have to be in the car park 90 minutes before the kick off, there will be plenty of people aimlessly walking around outside Hampden , what about the buses that arent leaving till10 or after, what happens if you are delayed by traffic or you breakdown. I phoned Hampden today to get clarification and was told
that that is the rule....I was also told that you should be in your seat 30 mins before kick off. What a farce!!!!!!!

Real Emerald
20-10-2017, 06:28 PM

Private Transport

Astonishing (well not really) that Celtic get away with this. They are (well) already based a couple of miles from Hampden and should have no travel worries 😊. Meanwhile the Hibs support who have to travel 50 miles to their city to play at a neutral venue have been told to avoid a brand new motorway that would drop us at the East end door, go all the way through Glasgow on the M8, onto the M77 and then snake all the way through Glasgow streets heading East to arrive at the West end of Hampden. This is the most sensible scenario for crowd control taking everything Celtic want into consideration. Oh and we'll probably have to play in our changed strip too 😡 Really hope we beat these weegie ......

Billy Whizz
20-10-2017, 06:35 PM
Astonishing (well not really) that Celtic get away with this. They are (well) already based a couple of miles from Hampden and should have no travel worries 😊. Meanwhile the Hibs support who have to travel 50 miles to their city to play at a neutral venue have been told to avoid a brand new motorway that would drop us at the East end door, go all the way through Glasgow on the M8, onto the M77 and then snake all the way through Glasgow streets heading East to arrive at the West end of Hampden. This is the most sensible scenario for crowd control taking everything Celtic want into consideration. Oh and we'll probably have to play in our changed strip too 😡 Really hope we beat these weegie ......

I won’t be going that way anyway, shame the buses have too

matty_f
20-10-2017, 06:37 PM

Private Transport
Titwood :tee hee:

Real Emerald
20-10-2017, 06:55 PM
I won’t be going that way anyway, shame the buses have too

Neither would I if I was driving but this is just one more bit of Weegie bias to add to all the rest. It is utterly ludicrous we have to do that journey when any right minded planner or police advisor would choose the M74 to the East end as the no brainier to take Edinburgh fans. It's just another instance of how much these b......... control our game. Time we stood up to this pish TBH and tell them to GTF.

monktonharp
20-10-2017, 07:20 PM

Seems bizarre considering it's never been an issue for far bigger crowds at previous semi finals and finals. No big deal but just a bit strange. I even offered to go in and collect if posting it out was the problem.I think its more than a bit bizzare. our branch has been to every Hampden game this century almost and we regularly have 2 or 3 buses. we are registered with the Association and provide a bus to regular away matches if tickets are available. I am disgusted with a comment from HFC stating "due to high demand there will be no passes issued" . wat the hell does that mean? who has already been issued these high demand passes? any regular branches given them? or are there no bus areas next to our end? I think not! We registered our interest, on the 4th Oct. same day as Hibernian informed people to do so. for some, or various reason(s) we look like having the lowestsemi final support for a long time. where can they make a statement about high demand? we have several regular travellers well over 65yr old, possibly having to traipse through the streets to get even near the ground. Disgusted.

monktonharp
20-10-2017, 07:36 PM
Neither would I if I was driving but this is just one more bit of Weegie bias to add to all the rest. It is utterly ludicrous we have to do that journey when any right minded planner or police advisor would choose the M74 to the East end as the no brainier to take Edinburgh fans. It's just another instance of how much these b......... control our game. Time we stood up to this pish TBH and tell them to GTF.the fans would stand up, or certainly raise their voice and concerns but the main thing is..........does our club?

Real Emerald
20-10-2017, 07:57 PM
the fans would stand up, or certainly raise their voice and concerns but the main thing is..........does our club?
Who knows, I just don't get it. Well I do but can't believe it's still going on in 2017 🙄

monktonharp
20-10-2017, 08:21 PM
Who knows, I just don't get it. Well I do but can't believe it's still going on in 2017 🙄:top marks

20-10-2017, 08:38 PM
It will still b going on 3017. The Scottish Bigot FA.

oconnors_strip
21-10-2017, 05:00 PM
Just want to say well done and thanks for the security and police who seen sense and let the buses park well after the 90mins cut off point.