PDA

View Full Version : ok, so I've had a couple....

Cat Stanton
19-10-2017, 11:53 PM
.. and you've seen it before, but this is a thing of beauty, is it not?

(and some inspiration for Saturday too)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrtYbJqenhA

California-Hibs
20-10-2017, 12:27 AM
.. and you've seen it before, but this is a thing of beauty, is it not?

(and some inspiration for Saturday too)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrtYbJqenhA

Couldn’t agree more, absolute art, incredible! The boy must of been inspired!......😉

Kaff
20-10-2017, 12:53 AM
Never seen that one before, just great and brilliant to think we've got that to look back on no matter what!
Now hopefully tomorrow is another page in our history and one we look back on so fondly too, c'mon the Hibees!!!!

lyonhibs
20-10-2017, 05:55 AM
Couldn’t agree more, absolute art, incredible! The boy must of been inspired!......😉

Modesty not one of your strong points then? 😂

It's my go to YouTube video after a few as well

frazeHFC
20-10-2017, 06:14 AM
Was about to start watching it but I'll end up missing my bus to work. Probably the best video on YouTube.

A few pints and some cup final videos is the perfect combo tonight. :thumbsup:

scm70nyd1973
20-10-2017, 08:00 AM
Was about to start watching it but I'll end up missing my bus to work. Probably the best video on YouTube.

A few pints and some cup final videos is the perfect combo tonight. :thumbsup:

Oh god - that's me off again - possibly the 3,234th time since that epic day - I really don't think that any other Scottish football fan will ever know what it was like to go through that day - the tears so many months later just says it all for me - I don't think it will be any different in 30 or 30 years for me as long as I am spared (54 now) GGTTH

davym7062
20-10-2017, 08:16 AM
Greetin again!!! It doesn't get better than that!!

GreenOnions
20-10-2017, 08:27 AM
I love the bit with the guy jumping up from his chair in the pub :tee hee:

scm70nyd1973
20-10-2017, 08:27 AM
Oh god - that's me off again - possibly the 3,234th time since that epic day - I really don't think that any other Scottish football fan will ever know what it was like to go through that day - the tears so many months later just says it all for me - I don't think it will be any different in 30 or 30 years for me as long as I am spared (54 now) GGTTH

Make that 20 or 30 !

DarlingtonHibee
20-10-2017, 08:28 AM
I love the bit with the guy jumping up from his chair in the pub :tee hee:

This. Brilliant

hibbydog
20-10-2017, 08:35 AM
Best day of my life. Or at least the most exciting.

My wedding day and birth of my 2 kids...both amazing. But I knew for months in advance what was going to happen.

Scottish cup final...utterly depressed and despondent with 10 minutes to go. Then we had the privilege to witness the greatest event in our great clubs history.

Non hibbys will never understand how much it means.

And thanks to the utter legend who made that video. It’s the greatest pick me up ever made.

GHTTH

Albanian Hibs
20-10-2017, 09:06 AM
No cried for a while....here we go again 😭😭😭

Seveno
20-10-2017, 12:26 PM
That’s me in tears again.

Great video. :thumbsup:

Moulin Yarns
20-10-2017, 12:43 PM
Not been well for the past week, thanks for the medicine. :aok:

Problem I now have is the computer must acting up, the screen has gone all blurry.

Northernhibee
20-10-2017, 03:54 PM
It's just not that game though, it's the whole Raith Rovers fourth round thing, the scenes at the PBS, SOL after the replay, putting the defending champions out just days after the league cup final, the story of Conrad in the semi, the despair at Falkirk and more before you even get to the final.

The greatest cup run in history.

gazzag70
20-10-2017, 05:03 PM
That was awesome!! Welling up again,fantastic to have so many great memories caught on film. GGTTH!!!!

Thecat23
20-10-2017, 05:07 PM
It's just not that game though, it's the whole Raith Rovers fourth round thing, the scenes at the PBS, SOL after the replay, putting the defending champions out just days after the league cup final, the story of Conrad in the semi, the despair at Falkirk and more before you even get to the final.

This 100%. You actually could not have scripted it, that’s not including the final itself 92nd min winner from the captain.

Sir David Gray
20-10-2017, 05:12 PM
Best video on the internet by a mile.

It will never be beaten.

I would do anything to relive the moment that winning goal went in just one more time.

scooby
20-10-2017, 05:23 PM
Yup, greetin again!

DarlingtonHibee
20-10-2017, 05:42 PM
My heart was broken... Bloody hell I cry every time!

Northernhibee
20-10-2017, 05:46 PM
This 100%. You actually could not have scripted it, that’s not including the final itself 92nd min winner from the captain.

You could make a movie about it and it would be an oscar winner. The whole cup run, the despair at the playoffs and the League Cup final and the characters. Conrad and his amazing return from injury. Darren McGregor who at 23 was still folding jeans in a shop and ends up winning the cup for his boyhood team. Jason and his antics, Stokesy cast aside by Celtic and got to prove everyone wrong on a huge stage, Stubbsy in general, John Doolan and his personal tragedy before the game, the captain and his winning goal, and Lewis with his unique position of winning both cups.

It has literally everything that a great story for a movie needs.

Pretty Boy
20-10-2017, 05:55 PM
Great video, you just see what it means to every single person. The Saturday night and all day Sunday is genuinely about as contented as I can remember feeling in my whole life.

One of the greatest football stories ever.

WoreTheGreen
20-10-2017, 05:56 PM
That was awesome!! Welling up again,fantastic to have so many great memories caught on film. GGTTH!!!!

No other club could come close to that out pouring of emotions and what it meant to so many. Simply the greatest day of my life

Northernhibee
20-10-2017, 05:56 PM
Great video, you just see what it means to every single person. The Saturday night and all day Sunday is genuinely about as contented as I can remember feeling in my whole life.

One of the greatest football stories ever.

Saturday night it hadn't sunk in. Waking up on Sunday morning with no voice and a banging heid yet realising exactly what had happened was just one of the most spectacular things.

Pretty Boy
20-10-2017, 05:59 PM

I remember just being desperate that we beat Hearts as I couldn't face losing to them again. At 2-0 dowm at Tynecastle the Hibs support was immense and the connection between us and the team was obvious.

When Hanlon scored it was complete and utter bedlam, a guy who must have been 20 stone jumped on me, I fell forward about 4 rows, dragged a wee kid with me who burst into tears, I thought I'd hurt him, asked if he was ok and he replied 'fine, I'm just so happy'.

lord bunberry
20-10-2017, 06:00 PM
Saturday night it hadn't sunk in. Waking up on Sunday morning with no voice and a banging heid yet realising exactly what had happened was just one of the most spectacular things.

I agree, the Sunday was such a wonderful day. Going down to my local in leith walk and seeing friends and family all there waiting for the bus coming down. It was a glorious sunny day and it really sunk in then that we’d done it.

Northernhibee
20-10-2017, 06:25 PM
Just looked out the Sevco Media thread on this :greengrin

Funnily enough when the pitch invasion was happening there was none of the uproar about it at the time. Almost as if they were trying to deflect from their failure after the game.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/295233-the-official-rangers-vs-hibernian-thread/?page=59

lyonhibs
20-10-2017, 06:28 PM
Watching the game "as live" now. I still get almost as nervous and involved as I did watching it at the time.

That'll never change I suspect.

WWFTWTG
20-10-2017, 06:32 PM
In tears again, thank you.

Hi Heid Yin
20-10-2017, 07:51 PM
Gosh, the tears well up, still
Simply magical!
:flag::flag::flag:

lord bunberry
20-10-2017, 09:22 PM
Great video, but my favourite is still the nessun dorma video. I could and have watched that for hours on end.